XY Vivillon Secret of the Wings! Colours & Locations! Possible New wings!

RE: Vivillon Secret of the Wings! Pictures And Theories

From what I can gather, certain regions and areas (Western Australia, Ohio, Quebec, Alberta, Texas, Scottland, Tasmania, California, etc) all have a pool of forms. Still unsure though.

By my count, we are up to 14 different patterns so far. Unfortunately I am at work today but I will try to keep this thread updated.

Well I live in Scotland and I just got the garden pattern as I presumed I would from the pictures.

Juuust saying, but I first called this way back on page 28 (Sept. 4th, to be exact) of the Rumors and Speculation thread. Whoopee, I've made my first legitimate Pokemon discovery! :p
Vivillon_zpsecc2fb4e.png

Anyway, without spoiling myself, I'm not going to look at all the pictures. But from what I understand, the Vivillon change based on the location the game is set to? And from what it sounds like, they aren't just cheesy flag patterns, which I'm really glad about.
I'd love to see what shiny Vivillon look like if there are going to be so many different forms of them... o.o And what form is the regular pink one?

I am really liking this.I thought nothing of Vivillon at first, but this little gimmick makes it really interesting. I kind of want to collect every form now. Oh I hope I get an interesting pattern! Maybe something fiery red? :p

I guess the meadow pattern is kind of like the "official" pattern though? It's the one that was shown in the reveals and Sugimori art, and I believe it was the one shown in the anime teasers. It would also be nice to see this shown in the anime by other trainers or wild Vivillon. Hmm, I wonder how shinyness affects this too.

Zielo said:
Juuust saying, but I first called this way back on page 28 (Sept. 4th, to be exact) of the Rumors and Speculation thread. Whoopee, I've made my first legitimate Pokemon discovery! :p
Vivillon_zpsecc2fb4e.png

Anyway, without spoiling myself, I'm not going to look at all the pictures. But from what I understand, the Vivillon change based on the location the game is set to? And from what it sounds like, they aren't just cheesy flag patterns, which I'm really glad about.
I'd love to see what shiny Vivillon look like if there are going to be so many different forms of them... o.o And what form is the regular pink one?

I had to parley with the mods to make this thread separate from that other thread... The pink form you are probably referring to is the Meadow pattern.

just cheesy flag patterns

Well, that wouldn't really be possible since about half the forms are from multiple countries. E.g. garden form can be found in both the U.K and New Zealand.

My favourite is either the Japanese form, or the Garden form. Both look so vibrant and colourful. But of course, Australia gets desert and sky blue. Anyone in the U.K willing to trade forms?

(Inb4 they go all-out and have a form for every single country in the world.)

I love in North-Holland (The Netherlands), Despite living near the sea my Vivillon is continentall as well.

I wasn't even planning on bothering with Vivillon, but now I'm going to have to raise one at least until it evolves just so I can see what my pattern is. Sly move, GF.

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1381509931475.jpg

From Malaysia, Jungle pattern

Attachments

• 1381509931475.jpg
    1381509931475.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 292

I've noticed that particular geography seems to be irrespective of the forms. My personal thought is that they are either totally random to regions or that they are based on major geological or meteorological types near or around particular areas. For instance, I live in North Dakota USA, and I can probably expect the High Plains pattern, Continental pattern, Meadow pattern, Icy Snow pattern, or even the Savannah pattern. Only time will tell. As it is only 5 minutes to noon here, I still have a while to wait to get my own Vivillon.

On a positive note, my local Pokemon League has all agreed to help me figure this out a little fast by power leveling Scatterbugs and seeing if the pattern is random or determined.

I'm 11 hours away. I honestly expect the final bits of info to happen before then.

Akwila said:
I'm 11 hours away. I honestly expect the final bits of info to happen before then.

Oh my! You live in North Dakota too? :D
Yay! I am not alone on here! I was curious what our area would be getting, and I was desperately hoping it would be something interesting with a decent colour palette.

This may be a stupid question but can Vivillon learn the move FLY?

Thanks!

J31 said:
This may be a stupid question but can Vivillon learn the move FLY?

Thanks!

I don't know for sure, but I would highly doubt it. Unfortunately, Bug types usually don't learn Fly. (Volcarona and Genesect are the only exceptions.)

It's why I usually have a hard time fitting them into my teams.

I'm loving the Squall, Elegant, Polar, and Icy Snow. Unfortunately, I live in Texas where there is no snow T_T
I'll probably get Marine, which is okay, or High Lands or Sun, which I'm not liking.

momoxmomo said:
I'm loving the Squall, Elegant, Polar, and Icy Snow. Unfortunately, I live in Texas where there is no snow T_T
I'll probably get Marine, which is okay, or High Lands or Sun, which I'm not liking.

I have an elegant Vivillon in case you want to trade? :)

Australia's Vivillion is the top 2/3 golden/orange and the bottom being sky blue. The pattern seems to represent the desert and the Murray/Darling River.

From Hawaii USA. and St. lucia, carribbean

hawaiian one name not known yet

Attachments

• hawaii.png
    hawaii.png
    376.8 KB · Views: 43
  • stlucia_carribbean.jpg
    stlucia_carribbean.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 35

Finland has its own thing in Pokémon? Yay. <3