Votes: 9 64.3%
  • nah

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • tiers are for queers

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Smashers - September Tournament Parings in Post #215 - Discussing Japanese Tiers

Items always are turned off -____- I'm pretty sure this tournament applies to those rules.

RE: The Smashers - September Tournament Parings in Post #215 - Discussing Japanese Tiers

I think items should be allowed. But, not the items that give a clear advantage to one person. (ie. Smash Ball, Assist Trophy, Hammer/Golden Hammer, etc.)

I think items should be allowed. But, not the items that give a clear advantage to one person. (ie. Smash Ball, Assist Trophy, Hammer/Golden Hammer, etc.)
There is no such thing as a item that doesn't give an advantage. Items are just a waste of time, and ruin the playing field.

Items are great for playing with your friends and such, but in a tournament where it's all about winning, you want to eliminate those, "If you didn't get that fan I would have one" moments. So you have to take out items.

I see that. Items are basically the 'ace in the hole' for people. Take them out and they have to beat the opponent by using the power of their character. And if it's a character they haven't used, that'll be a problem.

No, I agree. For me items are my strong point, they are how I always win with my friends. Homerun bats for me give me amazing combos. But playing competitively, you get used to not using them.

ALSO, Venusaur, PM me for a date if you're available.

Fair in point items make things highly unfair.Smashballs are a complete waste of time shriveled into tiny bits with watered down gimmicks.Items like saber sword or bannana's are practically harmless.

The saber sword can be easily spammed to deal a lot of damage. It's simple. Press a button, sword slashes at the foe and deals damage.

It just screams to be spammed.

hipoke, obviously if you can't understand why Ganondorf is worse than Link you need to learn how competitive play works. Link can use his multiple projectiles to pressure his opponent into approaching. Ganondorf can't do that. In fact, Ganondorf's worst enemy is projectile pressure. Link also has the lagless zair that adds to his ability to keep people at range. Ganondorf, while he does have very good range for an in-your-face character, does not have that kind of range. Ganon also has the second slowest running speed, a horrific recovery (worse than Link's), a horrible double jump...the only thing really good about Ganon is his ability to punish and his extreme power.

Ganon's slow, but it's a 'risk-reward' character. He can deal powerful damage albeit at a cost with his speed.

The saber sword can be easily spammed to deal a lot of damage. It's simple. Press a button, sword slashes at the foe and deals damage.

It just screams to be spammed.
^Actually the fan screams spam. I hate the fan with a burning passion >:[

hipoke, obviously if you can't understand why Ganondorf is worse than Link you need to learn how competitive play works. Link can use his multiple projectiles to pressure his opponent into approaching. Ganondorf can't do that. In fact, Ganondorf's worst enemy is projectile pressure. Link also has the lagless zair that adds to his ability to keep people at range. Ganondorf, while he does have very good range for an in-your-face character, does not have that kind of range. Ganon also has the second slowest running speed, a horrific recovery (worse than Link's), a horrible double jump...the only thing really good about Ganon is his ability to punish and his extreme power.
Win

And CKM and Hatman. check the first post:
Code:
3 stock
8 minutes
items set to no and none
no planking
This is our [and all] tournament rules.

What's planking? Sorry, I'm not a competitive Brawler and I have no idea what that means...

The way I understand it, Planking = Stalling on the ledge. It's banned in competitive tournaments...but I would look up the true definition. I know Ganondorf is fairly effective at it and MK is the best.

3 stock lives and 8 minutes. Not sure if you can get a match done in 8 minutes with 3 lives. Some battles can take a long time, even with 3 lives.

But, that usually depends on the stage selected.

I've finished most fights against CPUs in 2 minutes or less...usually around 30 seconds if it's Ike. It takes a few minutes online, but offline it rarely goes to time.

It's where you stall out the game by 'camping', or moving to an edge to drag out the game. Most people do it to spam a projectile, lead a opponent off a ledge, and stall the game.

Planking is a form of camping that abuses the invincibility of stage ledges. Planking refers to repeatedly dropping off the ledge and grabbing it again, dropping off again before the invincibility wears off.

I see. Thanks for the clarification about planking. I just play casually so I had no idea what it meant.

I would like to hand my resignation in for being co-leader and from this club. I am quitting Brawl and not looking back. Investing two years in this game and not getting anything out of it just isn't worth it anymore...it was fun while it lasted I suppose.

Noooo don't leave *dramatic crying*

I would like to hand my resignation in for being co-leader and from this club. I am quitting Brawl and not looking back. Investing two years in this game and not getting anything out of it just isn't worth it anymore...it was fun while it lasted I suppose.
Goodbye, I guess :\ We'll miss you dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back