The Humble Card Game Bundle (bonuses) + Archie Comics Bundle (bonuses) + Weekly Bundle: Made in Spai

RE: The Humble Weekly Sale: Spiderweb Software

Bonuses are out for the Humble eBook Bundle 2. There was something xkcd-related in there I might have wanted, but I checked and it was in the first eBook bundle. :D

This week's Humble Weekly sale is...
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ouslq8_3EQc[/video]
75% of Spiderweb Software's catalog!​

This is going to be one of those bundles that's a little bit niche, but a lota bit value.

• Geneforge Saga
    • Normally $20
  • Avadon: The Black Fortress
  • Avernum: The Great Trials Trilogy
    • Normally $12
  • Avernum: First Trilogy
    • Normally $25*
    • Not available on Steam
    • Won't run on OS X 10.7 Lion or later :(
    • *That price is taken from Spiderweb's website, but they're known for having higher prices there than on Steam; Geneforge Saga is $30 there versus $20 on Steam, for example. So take that as you will.
  • Spiderweb Game Art (wallpapers and stuff)
  • Spiderweb Hint Books
    • These are normally sold on Spiderweb's site for fairly high prices; we're talking $12 per Avernum trilogy kind of prices here: http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=4ffe2cfdc09d51d4bf9158ea26aff2a4&Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=1&Category_Code=hbs

And for beating the average, stooping at a fairly nice $3.48:

• Avernum: Escape from the Pit
    • Normally $10
  • Nethergate: Resurrection
    • Normally $5

Notes:

• Barring Avadon, the games are not on Linux.
  • I don't think they really have any music to speak of, so there aren't any soundtracks included.
  • Everything except The First Avernum Trilogy is available in a pack on Steam for $40.
  • There are meaty demos available for most/all the games here on Spiderweb's site.
  • The sale ends on Thursday, July 18th, 2013 at 2 P.M. EDT.

I've slowly pieced together almost all these games from four different bundles. The only stuff I don't already own are Avernum: Escape from the Pit and The First Avernum Trilogy. I haven't actually played a Spiderweb Software game, so I'm not quite ready to beat-the-average for Escape from the Pit, but I'll pick this up for The First Avernum Trilogy. But if you don't these games and don't even think you'd be that interested, I'd still recommend going for an under-the-average bundle; the value proposition here is ridiculous, and who knows when it'll happen again.

RE: The Humble Weekly Sale: Positech Games

There was a Weekly Sale last week, but it was really focused on music more than it was games: http://blog.humblebundle.com/post/55794517431/music-and-games-meet-in-the-humble-weekly-sale-jim Superbrothers was already in HIB5, and yeah, that was about it from there. I didn't post it because, aside from this not being a music forum, I don't know much about Jim Guthrie, or music in general, and certainly not enough to recommend picking up a bundle of stuff. But anyway:

This week's Humble Weekly Sale is...
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yX2U8iBQ80w[/video]
Positech Games​

• Gratuitous Space Battles
  • Gratuitous Tank Battles
  • Kudos 2
    • Normally $20
    • Demo on dev's site
    • Soundtrack not included
    • Not available on Steam
    • Not available on Linux

And for beating the average, currently fluctuating at a pretty nice $3.00:

• Democracy 2
    • Normally $20
    • Demo on Steam
    • Not available on Linux

The charities are American Red Cross and Barefoot College, so a bit different this time. This sale will end on Thursday, August 1st, at 2 P.M. EDT.

After briefly playing the demos and just hearing some stuff about these games, I think you can conclude that if the last sale was "old-school RPG Bundle", this sale is "Life/Political/Spaceship Building Strategy and Advanced Tower Defense Bundle", haha. I'll be watching that WTF is, but I won't be going over the average if I go for this at all; I don't really have the patience for strategy games. But go on and play those demos, and see what you think. Pretty cool sale if you like that stuff. But one note, don't buy this for Gratuitous Space Battles. At this time, the developer has released 7 ~$6 pieces of DLC that seem to expand the game quite a bit... and none of those are included. It's a good game, but you wouldn't really be getting everything out of it with this sale alone.

RE: The Humble Deep Silver Bundle + Weekly Sale: Positech Games

This cycle of "first week of bundle, second week of bundle, no bundle for a week, repeat" is pretty nice, haha.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wnUr9ma3V-I[/video]
The Humble Deep Silver Bundle

Like the Double Fine Bundle, there are multiple tiers this time:

Under $1:

• Saints Row: The Third – The Soundtrack
    • Includes the 8 original tracks, not the licensed stuff.
    • Normally $6
  • Risen 2 Original Soundtrack
  • Sacred 2 Original Soundtrack

$1 and over:

Over the average (currently $4.83):

• Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition
    • Normally $20
  • Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package
    • Normally $10 more than the base game
    • Includes all DLC except the Unlockable and Bloodsucker Packs (which are considered by many to break the gameplay, anyway)

Over $25:

• Dead Island: Riptide
  • Dead Island: Riptide Original Soundtrack
    • Normally $9

All games are Windows-only and Steam-only.

Whew!

• Based on an entry in the Steam database, bonuses are expected to be Sacred Citadel, Metro 2033, and Risen.
  • Some of the games here are markedly "meh", but I'd say this is easily worth a BTA for the savings on the SR3 Full Package alone.
  • So another AAA! Sorta! Deep Silver bought a few THQ IPs, so that's why you see Saints Row and Metro here. And Deep Silver in general isn't really a well-known publisher that wasn't known for much outside Dead Island before buying THQ stuff, so.
  • This is obviously a two-birds-one-stone situation; put a discount on Riptide, and get everyone hyped for Saints Row IV.

RE: The Humble Deep Silver Bundle! + Weekly Sale: 1C Company

1C Company's best​

There wasn't a featured video this time. :O

• King's Bounty: The Legend
    • Normally $15
    • Available on Mac
  • King's Bounty: Armored Princess
  • Men of War
    • Normally $15
    • Demo on Steam
    • Only available on Windows, and only on Steam (so you have to pay $1 to get it)
  • Men of War: Red Tide
    • Normally $25
    • Only available on Windows, and only on Steam (so you have to pay $1 to get it)

And for beating the average, currently standing at ubiquitous-ish $3.35:

• King's Bounty: Crossworlds
    • Normally $20
    • Only available on Windows
    • There's a "King's Bounty: Platinum Edition" pack on Steam that includes this and the other two games for $35
  • Men of War: Assault Squad - Game of the Year Edition
    • Normally $40
    • Demo on Steam
    • Only available on Windows, and only on Steam

There aren't any Linux versions, and there don't seem to be any soundtracks included. This sale will end on August 8th, 2013, at 2 P.M. EDT.

• These are definitely "if-you-like-the-genre-you'll-like-me" games; that genre being RTS (Men of War) and TBS (King's Bounty). Personally I don't have the patience to learn strategy games, but recommendations from those that do seem to indicate that these are all pretty solid for what they are.
  • I almost thought the Men of War games were actually the Commando games, a group of four or so military strategy games that came out in the early 2000's. Yeah, don't make that mistake, they're totally different. ^_^

RE: The Humble Deep Silver Bundle! + Weekly Sale: 1C Company

Bonuses for the Deep Silver Bundle are live! As expected, they are:

World Vision seems to have been added as a charity. The bundle will end on Tuesday, August 13th, 2013, at 2 P.M. EDT.

RE: The Humble Deep Silver Bundle! + Weekly Sale: Introversion Software!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4EWcVu2OUsI[/video]
Introversion Software!​

Bit of an interesting one this week:

• Uplink
    • Normally $10 on Steam, $15 on dev's site
    • Android version included
      • Tablet recommended
      • Normally $5
    • Demo on dev's site
  • Darwinia
  • Multiwinia: Survival of the Flattest
  • DEFCON
  • Source Code Access for these games
    • Normally sold in three groups of $45 each on the dev's site
  • Voxel Tech Demo
    • Windows-only
  • City Generator Tech Demo
    • Windows-only
  • Introversion Story
    • Hour-long interview with Introversion's founders

Pay $20 or more before tomorrow at 2 P.M. EDT and you'll get:

• Prison Architect pre-order
    • Normally $30
    • Includes alpha access

Pay $25 or more after 2 P.M. EDT tomorrow and you'll get:

• The old $20 tier (the price goes up $5 after 24 hours :P)

Most of the first tier is available as a $20 pack on Steam. This sale will end on Thursday, August 15, 2013, at 2 P.M. EDT.

So aside from this bundle having a Humble first (variable pricing based on time), realllllly old Humble-goers (i.e. before I started this thread) might recognize that this sale is a repeat of sorts of The Humble Introversion Bundle. The core of the bundle was the same, with the four games and two tech demos and source code access, though that one included Aquaria, Crayon Physics Deluxe, and Dungeons of Dredmor (the last of which has yet to be bundled again). It did not, however, include Prison Architect and the Android version of Uplink (obviously, since both are recent arrivals), and more importantly, the Uplink soundtrack and Introversion Story. So while it may seem that this pretty great sale isn't for those of us that bought that bundle, I'd still go in small for those two things.

RE: The Humble Origin (EA) Bundle! + Weekly Sale: Introversion Software!

If the Deep Silver bundle was "the least indie bundle yet", this is about 10 times that distance. And yet, still Humble.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-HGoyxmAL0w[/video]
The Humble Origin Bundle!?

I was expecting a one week gap between Deep Silver Bundle and Indie 9, but noooooo, we just had to get what's probably the oddest bundle yet not two days after Deep Silver ended.

How this bundle varies from the norm:

• Games are Windows-only (with one exception)
  • As the namesake of this bundle indicates, all games are activated on Origin. Instructions are here. Most games are also available on Steam, unless noted.
  • Your money goes to Humble and your choice of five charities. Obviously things are up to you, but basically, none of this goes to the developers:
    • Human Rights Campaign
    • Watsi
    • San Francisco AIDS Foundation
    • American Cancer Society
    • American Red Cross

Going under $1 will get you soundtracks, while going over will fetch:

• Dead Space
    • Normally $20
  • Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
  • Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
    • Normally $30
  • Mirror's Edge
    • Normally $20
  • Dead Space 3
    • Normally $40
    • Only available on Origin
    • WTF is... by TotalBiscuit
  • Medal of Honor
    • Normally $20

Beating the average--which is steadily rising from a pretty nice $4.65--will get you:

• The Sims 3 Starter Pack
    • Normally $30
    • Available on Mac
    • Includes soundtrack (which is actually available at any price--a Humble first for BTA games)
      • Normally $10
  • Battlefield 3
    • Normally $20
    • Soundtrack included at any price
      • Normally $6
    • WTF is... of the multiplayer beta by TotalBiscuit
    • WTF is... of the singleplayer campaign by TotalBiscuit

Whew! Yes, that's 8 games.

It's been crazy town here, man!

• Let's try changing the name of this bundle to "The Humble EA Bundle". Going off of all the various complaints the Internet has had with EA, isn't that just a little oxymoronic? :p
  • Humble has cooperated with EA in the the past, with Shank 1 and 2 and Plants Vs. Zombies, but never on the scale of this. This is just crazy.
  • Clearly this is a way for EA to boost the Origin userbase... but it's a very very nice way, haha.
  • This is not the first time a big EA game has ended up in a bundle: IndieGala, an Italian and rather quirky bundle site, had freaking Mass Effect 2 in one of their bundles. IG isn't nearly as big a name as Humble, so I think it's safe to say that set a precedent for very very large games on proportionately small sites. Though, the IG bundle was in part a way to raise funds for a Canadian political campaign, so think of that what you will. :p
  • This is the first time in years a store other than Steam has been offered as a place to redeem games. Humble actually used to be pretty crazy about their stores--HIB2 alone had Steam, Desura, OnLive, and Direct2Drive keys. They stopped doing that around the time Desura started their own bundle, Indie Royale, so... yeah.
  • This is on track to be the most successful bundle ever--it broke $1 million in 2.5 hours, and is set to break $2 million in a few hours.
  • As for bonuses, it seems kinda obvious that Dead Space 2 and Crysis 1 could be a part of them. Other murmurings say stuff like Bulletstorm could be in there.
  • Dead Space 3 came out less than 6 months ago for $60.
  • For a while now Humble has had a captcha you have to fill if you want to go in under $1... this time, from what I can tell, that captcha is enabled on all purchases under the average.
  • From a value perspective, I'm going under the average on this one. Both of the BTA games are huge DLC affairs--you get the base game for cheap, but you'll have to pay out if you want more. In the case of Battlefield 3, that'd be Battlefield 3 Premium, which doubles the multiplayer content from what I hear. Sims 3 is worse--there are probably at least 20 $20 expansion packs. I feel that both of those, especially Sims 3, are prime for big collection bundles later down the line, after the sequels have come out. Remember Saints Row 3 in the THQ Bundle? Around $7.50 got you the base game, but there was a lot of content to be had in the DLC. What happened less than two months later? Boom, The Full Package hits for $30 ($7.50 when 75% off), which was a way better deal than Humble. And then what happened not three weeks ago? Boom, Deep Silver bundle with an average of ~$5. :D Precedent, man. But by all means, beating the average is worth it if you want to get your feet wet. Just don't expect a massively awesome deal.
  • It seems you can now pay directly with a credit card.
  • The option to pay with BitCoin is now slightly less visible, with its button being replaced with text that says "or pay with BitCoin!".

RE: The Humble Origin (EA) Bundle! + Weekly Sale: PewDiePie's Picks!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag081fW3cKY[/video]
PewDiePie's Picks!​

So it seems Humble has ventured into the area of approaching someone and saying "Hey, we have all these games in our database, and the developers would be glad to have extra sales. Pick some and we'll make a bundle." The first of these hosted bundles seems to be by PewDiePie. He picked five games, and they're all pretty solid. We have:

And for beating the average, daintily dancing around at a fairly low $2.40:

The only charity this time is charity:water, to coincide with PewDiePie's current charity:water campaign. This sale will end on August 23rd, 2013, at 2 P.M. EDT.

• All the games have been in previous bundles... except The Showdown Effect! I'll be checking that one out later.
  • I believe this is the first time a Paradox game has been in a Humble Bundle. Neat.
  • Humble's not actually the first to do these hosted bundles; Indie Royale did one a few weeks ago: "The Indie Gamer Chick Bundle". It had 8 games chosen by a relatively famous XBLIG blogger. This bundle almost seems to be a response to that, haha.

RE: The Humble Origin (EA) Bundle! + Weekly Sale: PewDiePie's Picks!

That feel when Paypal has only $4.56 and can't get BF3.

Even so, the EA bundle is legiiiiiiit. Dead Space 3 for $1 is incredible; the game came out just a few months ago.

RE: The Humble Origin (EA) Bundle!

So, yesterday was the bundle's halfway point, and after we went the full day without bonuses, I thought I would have been coming to you today to say there aren't going to be any bonuses (which would be a Humble first) and to post about the new Weekly Sale. Well, nope. Instead we do get bonuses, and the message that the Weekly Sale is taking off a week:

• Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
    • Normally $20
    • Standalone expansion to C&C3
  • Populous
    • Normally ???
    • It's the original game from 1989, not a remake
    • Not available on Steam

This bundle will end on Wednesday, August 28th, at 2 P.M. EDT. And with any luck, Indie 9 will start then. :p

• It's official: This is the best-selling bundle ever! 1.7 million bundles sold, with $8.2 million in sales! They had to add a digit to the front of the counter to account for millions, haha. And that great moment when the ticker hit 1,000,000 was captured on film: https://t.co/BJXJn05LDg ...Well, almost. :D
  • GamesAid has been added as a charity.
  • Does it seem like these bonuses are a little eh? Well, don't worry too much, there's a very good chance we'll get more. See, there was speculation last week on what the bonuses might be based on activity in the Steam Registry*. Burnout Paradise, Dead Space 1, Mirror's Edge, and Crysis 2 were all found to be modified at the same time... and right near them, these (the ones in red): Bulletstorm, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Dead Space 2... and Command & Conquer 3 - Uprising. These are all EA games, so speculation went from there... but now that C&C3 - Uprising has been added, there's a very good chance this other stuff will be, too. Could even be Origin-only stuff, as in the case of Populous. Sadly no Crysis 1, but eh. :)

*The Steam Registry is basically Steam's internal database of everything on Steam. See the numbers that appear at the end of a Steam store URL (C&C3 - Uprising is 24800, for example)? That corresponds to an entry in the registry that keeps hold of all the data about that game; the store page, the achievements, the actual data for the game, and more. At least I think this is how is works.

RE: The Humble Origin (EA) Bundle!

Chariblaze said:
  • Does it seem like these bonuses are a little eh?
    Yes
  • The Steam Registry is basically Steam's internal database of everything on Steam. See the numbers that appear at the end of a Steam store URL (C&C3 - Uprising is 24800, for example)? That corresponds to an entry in the registry that keeps hold of all the data about that game; the store page, the achievements, the actual data for the game, and more. At least I think this is how is works.
    Also yes

Rumor has it at least one of the Mass Effect games are coming to the bundle as well.

RE: The Humble Weekly Sale: Paradox Interactive

Soooo no more bonuses for the Origin Bundle. :/ Instead, The Humble Comedy Bundle started yesterday. Seems neat.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SZqtf5eLDqo[/video]
Paradox Interactive​

After The Showdown Effect appeared in that weekly sale, it seemed to open the floodgates for a theoretical Humble Paradox Bundle. Well, here we are.

For beating the average, which is likely to stay at $5.80 for a long while (more on that later):

And if you're crazy and go over $125, you will get:

• The Big Kahuna
    • Includes 40 other Paradox games (their entire Steam catalog, minus Europa Universalis IV)
    • Includes 12 other soundtracks
    • Does not include any DLC!
    • 5 games are on Mac
    • 3 games are on Linux

All games are Steam-only, and Windows-only unless noted. Soundtracks are included for everything in the base tiers. This sale will end on Thursday, September 5th, 2013 at 2 P.M. EDT.

Bit of a weird one this week... Value-wise, it's a bit of a tough sell to go for The Big Kahuna since it doesn't include any DLC, but it could be cool. Same with the BTA games--both are DLC machines! But I hear the base games are good on their own, so.

So yeah, the big thing this time is the way the BTA is worded: "Pay more than the all-time average of $5.80 to unlock!" What does all-time mean? From what we're hearing, it seems they're basing the average calculation on all purchases, ever--the multiple 500k Indie bundles, those 20k Weekly Sales, the 2m Origin Bundles--everything. So when you're dealing with 6 or 7 million bundles sold, it's going to be a bit hard to affect the average in any way this time... Not that that's too bad, if a company really wants to sell certain games at a near-certain tier, they should be able to do that, of course... but it is a bit jarring, haha.

RE: The Humble Weekly Sale: Paradox Interactive

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YHYU1Ku5EN4[/video]
Arcen Games​

Got a decent one this week:

And for paying over $5.80 (more on that later):

• Shattered Haven
  • Skyward Collapse
    • Normally $5
    • Skyward Collapse: Nihon no Mura
      • Normally $3

Soundtracks are included for all games and DLC. None of the games are available on Linux. This sale will end on Thursday, September 12th, 2013, at 2 P.M. EDT.

As with last week, this one is a bit interesting, in different ways. The video used is a little eh, with no voice work whatsoever. The games are pretty neat, and the deal is certainly better than the various Indie Royale that have housed these games before. But most importantly, that fixed price... It's still $5.80, as with last week, but instead of being an effectively fixed price, it's a straight-up fixed price. I and many others thought that all-time average thing was going to be a bit of irregularity, an option reserved for those who actually want it... but based on this week's sale, it looks like it's here to stay, in the weekly sales at least. I expect that $5.80 to change over time, as it's still probably based on an all-time average, but only between sales, not during them.

RE: The Humble Indie Bundle 9! + Weekly Sale: Arcen Games

So after weeks of "Is this going to be it? This has gotta be it, we're almost at the end of August... Comedy Bundle? Ooh...", we finally have in our possession...
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1uET5jheNjc[/video]
The Humble Indie Bundle 9!

This bundle is practically what dreams are made of. We have:

• Trine 2: Complete Story
    • Normally $20
    • Demo on Steam
    • Includes soundtrack for Goblin Menace, in addition to Complete Story's
      • Soundtracks are MP3-only
    • Includes digital art book in PDF form
  • Mark of the Ninja
    • Normally $15
    • Mark of the Ninja
    • Does not include the Special Edition DLC
  • Eets Munchies Beta
    • Normally ???
      • This is the worldwide debut of the beta. The game was previously up for preorder, but I can't seem to find at what price. $10, maybe?
    • Demo of original on Steam
  • Brütal Legend

And for beating the average, settling in at about $4.07:

Soundtracks included unless noted otherwise.

• I wouldn't go as far as to call this bundle humongously surprising, but it's certainly a great Indie.
  • It seems that those who go under-in-the-average won't get the second week bonuses this time, as based on this text in the corner: "More games coming soon! Pay more than the average of $4.07 to unlock them when they arrive!"
    • Another move by Humble to make things more profitable, it seems, but I agree with this change. It did always feel weird going in under-the-average only to be thrown all this extra stuff, but not quite weird enough to increase the amount given. If this policy was in, say, the Origin bundle, I would have beaten-the-average for the eh-ey Battlefield and Sims 3, just on promise of the bonuses alone... I would have been slightly disappointed at those bonuses, but the new policy would have done its job well. I just wish they kept the old policy for purchases made in the first 6 hours or something. :p
  • I have notes for each game in the bundle this time. :O
    • Trine 2 -- Finally! I've only been calling since what, HIB6/7? No rush, and when you've made a really successful game, it's to be expected there's a long wait for it to be bundled. But man, Frozenbyte was one of Humble's closest buddies, so I expected it a little sooner. Though, waiting to get Complete Story was worth it, I'd say. :D
    • Mark of the Ninja -- Klei's finest, now bundled. And they said we'd never get it because it had ties to Microsoft... Well, after the Klei Weekly, I thought those people were right. :X But so continues Humble's close relationship with Klei! What's next, Don't Starve in HIB10? Probably 11, haha.
    • Eets Munchies -- This one seemed out of place in the video, until I found out it's the sequel to that one game in the Klei Weekly. So not only do we get Klei's finest, but also Klei's newest? Whoa.
    • Brütal Legend -- Hahahaha, so not beating the average in the Double Fine bundle paid off!
    • FTL: Faster Than Light -- It's on sale on the developer's site every other week, so it was bound to be bundled someday. I think I called it for HIB8, but here are now. I'm going to start pushing my predictions back a bundle, haha.
    • FEZ -- Well, maybe I don't have notes for this one. I think it being bundled was in some people's minds after Indie Game: The Movie hit HIB7 and the PC port was confirmed, but as for when, I don't think anybody could put a finger on it.
  • Do these notes ever seem like show notes for a podcast? Maybe someday...

RE: The Humble Indie Bundle 9! + Weekly Sale: "Retro" Shooters!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak8hRqEzq1I[/video]
"Retro" Shooters!​

More accurately they're HD remakes of retro shooters. :p

And for beating the average paying over $6:

Official soundtracks not included unless noted otherwise. Games are Windows-only and Steam-only unless noted otherwise. This sale will end on Thursday, September 19th, 2013, at 2 P.M. EDT.

• So $6, not $5.80! That's a little interesting, and I think it could mean a couple things: Either this fixed price is based on the all-time average rounded to a certain point (HIB9 probably bumped the all-time average up by a few cents, and maybe they rounded up to the nearest fifth)... or it's plain just an increase.
  • @humblesupport actually tweeted out last week that this fixed price is done to convince some devs on the fence to put their games in the sale. So that's good, I guess.
  • I believe this is the first themed Weekly, ever. Every one before this was by a specific developer/publisher (except for the PewDiePie one, which was hosted, not themed). Now, 5/6 games here are published by Devolver Digital, but still--this isn't called "The Devolver Digital Retro Shooter Catalog".
  • I'd say PWYW is totally worth it if you don't have the Serious Sam games (and if they look interesting, of course :p). If you already got the weekly sale, it's still probably worth a go: While Shadow Warrior Classic is free, and Duke Nukem 3D has been, these souped up versions have been updated for modern systems, and include expansion packs.
  • BTA Over $6 is a little eh value-wise, though it is worth it if both games look interesting to you: Hard Reset is $3.75 when 75% off, while SS2 is $2.50; together that's $6.25, which is $1.25 more than the Humble asking price here ($6 - $1 for PWYW games). Plus, soundtracks. :p

RE: The Humble Indie Bundle 9! + Weekly Sale: "Retro" Shooters!

Humble has been hyping these bonuses all week. "Stay tuned for them bonuses coming soon!" "Bonuses on Wednesday, tell your friends!" "Bonuses tomorrow, get ready" And there they are:

I'd say that's worth it. I've been on the fence about getting A Virus Named TOM. :p And curiously, all these new bonuses have full controller support.

All soundtracks are included. This bundle ends on Wednesday, September 25th, 2013, at 2 P.M. EDT. Another bundle will probably start at that time.

RE: The Humble Indie Bundle 9! + Weekly Sale: EGOSOFT

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ttzzTv6mfqY[/video]
EGOSOFT's X Series​

Bit of a nice one for those that have been waiting for this to pop up:

• X: Beyond the Frontier
    • Normally $5
    • X-Tension
      • Normally $5
  • X2: The Threat
    • Normally $5
  • X3: Reunion + Bonus Package
    • Normally $10
    • Available on Mac and Linux
  • X Rebirth Soundtrack

And for paying over $6:

• X3: Terran Conflict
    • Normally $16
      • Comes in a pack with X3: Albion Prelude for $20
  • X3: Albion Prelude
    • Normally $10
    • Comes in a pack with X3: Terran Conflict for $20
  • Soundtrack included
  • X-Superbox Bonus Material
    • Normally sold in a pack with all this other stuff for $40
    • Not available on Steam
    • It's a bunch of artwork and music. Encyclopedias and stuff. Just, tons of stuff.

I don't know much about these yet, but the general recommendation seems to be for X3: Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude, with notes that the first two "have their charms". Also, these are all available in a pack on Steam for $40 (though that pack includes a bit more it seems, like X3: Terran Conflict's soundtrack).

All games are Windows and Steam-only unless noted otherwise. This sale will end on September 26th, 2013, at 2 P.M. EDT.

RE: The Humble Mobile Bundle 2 + Weekly Sale: Kalypso

I wasn't originally going to post these as I don't really feel they're the greatest of deals, but eh, Humble Bundles (of games) are Humble Bundles (of games), so why not?

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r6J8YibcmM0[/video]
The Humble Mobile Bundle 2

• Punch Quest
    • Normally $1
  • Bloons TD 5
    • Normally $3
  • Time Surfer
    • Normally $1
    • Android debut
    • Includes pack of wallpapers
  • Star Command
    • Normally $3
    • Android debut

And for beating the average, currently standing at a decent $4.50:

• Ravensword: Shadowlands
    • Normally $7
  • Carmageddon
    • Normally $2

All games are Android-only. They can be downloaded using the the Humble Bundle app (now on the Play store, somehow!).

I think it's safe to say this is probably the lowest profile bundle Humble has ever done, if the production value of the video is any indication (dubbed over part of the intro, reused a Google+ joke). Maybe John Graham was just busy that day. :p

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik294em2FaA&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Kalypso Media​

And for beating $6:

No soundtracks or DLC included. All games are Steam and Windows-only unless noted otherwise. This sale will end on Thursday, October 3rd, at 2 P.M. EDT.

RE: The Humble Mobile Bundle 2 + Weekly Sale: Nordic

Another double post! I'll probably put out more of these, especially on updates about bundle bonuses. Fun stuff.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4gRi8fIx4QQ[/video]
Nordic Games​

• Supreme Commander
    • Normally sold in a pack with Forged Alliance for $20
    • Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
      • Normally sold in a pack with the base game for $20
  • Red Faction: Armageddon
    • Normally $20
    • DLC not included
  • The Guild 2
    • Normally $10
    • DLC not included
  • Neighbours From Hell Compilation

And for beating $6:

• Darksiders II
    • Normally $50
    • DLC not included
  • Painkiller: Hell & Damnation
    • Normally $20
    • No DLC included
  • ArcaniA
  • SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny
    • Normally $20
    • No DLC included

Games are Windows and Steam-only unless noted otherwise. This sale ends on Thursday, October 10th, 2013, at 2 P.M. EDT.

I'm treating this like Deep Silver Bundle: Lots of middling games from a mid-size publisher with some very significant standouts. In that case it was Saints Row 3 + DLC, in this case it's Supreme Commander and its expansion, and Red Faction to an extent. Good stuff there, not so much elsewhere. ArcaniA was billed as an entry in the Gothic series, but was largely panned. Painkiller HD was a remake of the original Painkiller... with many levels stripped out and sold as DLC. Eh. But Supreme Commander, that's good stuff I hear.

Bonuses for Mobile Bundle 2:

• Karateka Classic
    • Normally $1
    • Includes the eBook The Making of Karateka
      • Normally ~$7
  • QWOP
    • Normally $1
  • God of Blades
    • Normally $3
    • Includes soundtrack

This bundle will end on Wednesday, October 9th, 2013, at 2 P.M. EDT.

Back