The Humble Card Game Bundle (bonuses) + Archie Comics Bundle (bonuses) + Weekly Bundle: Made in Spai

RE: The Humble Bundle for Android #3 (includes PCs)

So today has been interesting. Why? Indie 6, naturally.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZj0qt_8Cjo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Humble Indie Bundle 6

This is definitely interesting, as if we get our normal December Indie bundle, that'll be 3 Indies in one year, as opposed to 2. We don't have the sheer grandeur of Indie 5, and that's apparent in the video, and instead are transitioning back into the nice, good pattern of pretty famous indie games made cheap. We have:

• Rochard (normally $10)
  • Shatter (normally $10)
  • Space Pirate and Zombies (S.P.A.Z.) (normally $10)
  • Torchlight (normally $15)

And for the beating the average, unusually low at $5.62, you will get:

• Dustforce (normally $10)

Naturally, Steam keys for everyone over $1. Soundtracks are included for all but Vessel, and Vessel's Mac and Linux versions are coming soon. Ubuntu Software Center support is being worked on, as well.

What will I do?: I happened to find out about this 30 minutes in, and got in at $5.15. If Dustforce looks neat, go for it.

RE: The Humble Indie Bundle 6

Bonus time.

So it seems the HIB5 bonus model is being adopted as the new standard; a few games from a previous bundle or two, and one new one. For the people who bought the bundle last week at any price, or who beat-the-average this week, the bonuses are:

• Bit.Trip RUNNER (in HIB4, normally $10)
  • Gratuitous Space Battles (also in HIB4, normally $15)
  • Jamestown (yep, in HIB4, normally $10)
  • Wizorb (completely new, normally $3)

Steam keys, soundtracks, and probably Ubuntu Software Center integration,, it's all there. Vessel support on Mac and Linux is still being worked on.

The bundle ends on Tuesday, October 2, at 6 P.M. EDT.

RE: The Humble Indie Bundle 6

So a few weeks ago, the Humble eBook Bundle ran. Like the music bundle, I didn't post it here because I couldn't really say with confidence if it was worth it or not. There were 5 or so books for paying under the average, and 2 more when beating it. The stuff I was really interested came later in the bonuses (compilations of webcomics with bonus content), but by then, if you hadn't bought one, you had to beat the average to get them, too (it was a record high average; like $12). Anyway, we're here now for:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GRB2czUpzGI[/video]

The Humble Bundle for Android 4

Some things old, some things new. One PC debut:

• Splice (normally $10; demo on Steam)
  • Eufloria (normally $15; demo on Steam, not redeemable on the Ubuntu Software Center [yet?])
  • Waking Mars (PC, Mac, Linux, Android debut!; not on Steam [yet])
  • Crayon Physics Deluxe (normally $20; demo on Steam; from Indie 3 and others)
  • Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP (normally $8; from Indie V)

And for beating the average:

• Machinarium (normally $10; demo on Steam; from Indie 2, 3, Botanicula Debut)

Soundtracks are included as usual. Of note, the Steam keys are apparently individual now.

What will I do?: I can do without an Android version of Machinarium, so I'm going in under the average.

RE: The Humble Bundle for Android 4

And the bonuses are...

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-humble-bundle-for-android-4?pid=2227544#pid2227544

Android 2. It seems the Android bundles are definitely falling into a pattern with their bonuses. I feel going two bundles back instead of one (as Indie 2, 3, and 4 did) is a better choice, as it means newer customers who just started buying the last bundle in the series won't be getting what they already bought. Bleh. Anyway, the bonuses include:

• Canabalt (not on Steam)
  • Zen Bound 2 (normally $5)
  • Cogs (normally $10; demo on Steam)
  • Avadon: The Black Fortress (normally $10; demo on Steam, no soundtrack)
  • Swords and Soldiers (normally $10)

This bundle will end on Thursday, November 22nd at 6 P.M., EST.

RE: The Humble THQ Bundle

About a week ago, something interesting was added to the Steam Registry: "THQ Humble Bundle Core". It contained a few things, but it wasn't clear if it was a mix-up somewhere, or a geniunely real thing. Well, it's real.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8vX4jd3yrsM[/video]

The Humble THQ Bundle

So, this is happening. Humble Bundle is no longer indie-only; they've partnered with the struggling THQ to bring out the first-ever AAA pay-what-you-want bundle. We have:

• Darksiders (normally $20)
  • Metro 2033 (normally $20)
  • Red Faction: Armageddon (normally $20)
  • Company of Heroes (normally $10; demo on Steam)
    • Opposing Fronts (normally $20)
    • Tales of Valor (normally $20)

And for beating the average, currently at $5.63:

• Saints Row: The Third (normally $40)

Soundtracks for Darksiders, Red Faction, Company of Heroes (though they're free on Steam), and Saints Row are all included, and are actually all you get if you go in under $1. Unlike any Humble Bundle before it, these are all Windows-only, and only redeemable via Steam; no DRM-free options. This has led to some saying Humble Bundle has gone against all they've stood for; Founder Jeffery Rosen comments that this is another experiment from Humble Bundle, like all experiments preceding it (the Humble Bundle itself, developer-specific bundles, debuts of new games, Android bundles, the music and ebook bundles). Make of this what you will, but it's a good deal for all (if you have the PC power for it!).

What will I do?: I've been leaning on under and over the average all day; it's a no-brainer to pay at least $1 if only for Darksiders and Metro, but Saints Row comes with no DLC. If one wanted to get all the DLC, The Full Package is $12.50 when on sale; this includes another copy. So if one wanted ALL the DLC, they probably shouldn't go over the average if they were in the business of saving money. However, apparently, a lot of the DLC isn't worthwhile, and what is can be picked up on sale for $5. That, plus the included soundtrack, makes this a BTA bundle for me. And since this is uncharted territory, who knows; maybe we'll get some DLC in the bonuses. Probably not.

So FLAC versions of the soundtracks were added a few days ago, making the Company of Heroes soundtracks actually worth something. But you're here for the bonuses, which are:

• Titan Quest (normally $15, demo on Steam, does not include Immortal Throne)
  • Red Faction Armageddon Path to War (normally $7)

Those that have already bought the bundle will have these, and new buyers will have to beat-the-average to get them.

This bundle ends on Wednesday, December 12th at 7 P.M., EST.

Indie 7 will be coming within the next few weeks. I also want to note that this bundle is only for 13 days, instead of 14 days. INTRIGUING INDEED.

So for the first time since Indie 3 (I think), we're getting double bonuses!

Just one game, and that's:

• Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition (normally $20?)

Same rules as previous bonuses apply.

Thanks for keeping us updated on this! I'm really looking forward to getting Darksiders and 40K.

Also, three days until the 1-year anniversary of this thread. Now that's what I call dedication. ;p

Looks like the THQ Bundle was a good idea. Made around $3 million(?). I can see them going bust next year though unfortunately. IMO they will need to hang onto and milk Darksiders if they are ever going to survive.

But fantastic commitment! Good source of information.

RE: The Humble Indie Bundle 7

And as promised, today was the launch of Indie 7.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gqlc8WCATw4[/video]

The Humble Indie Bundle 7

It's here, and it's good. A very good end-of-the-year bundle. With this today, some crazy THQ stuff on Amazon, and the Steam sale starting tomorrow... It's going be a great end-of-the-world.

We have:

• Snapshot (normally $10)
  • The Binding of Isaac (normally $5, soundtrack not included [it was in the last bundle it was in, oddly])
    • Wrath of the Lamb (normally $3)
  • Closure (normally $10)
  • Indie Game: The Movie (normally $10, yes, that is a movie)
  • Shank 2 (normally $10, demo on Steam)

And for beating the average (currently sitting at $6.28):

• Dungeon Defenders + ALL DLC! (normally ~$50!)
  • Legend of Grimrock (normally $15)

Soundtracks, Steam keys, Ubuntu Software Center integration, it's all here.

My thoughts:
  • Getting Shank last year was interesting, since EA provided some help in publishing. Getting Shank 2 shows that lightning can strike twice. Once again, standards are raised.
  • A movie in a standard bundle? This happened once with the Botanicula Debut, but wow. Even if it's on Netflix already, that's cool.
  • DLC, from Humble? That's new. I bought the Binding of Isaac DLC during the Summer Sale for $0.74, never expecting it be in a bundle. Huh.
  • Legend of Grimrock? Finally! I've only been calling it since Indie 5. :P Ah, my predictions are always too early. I was gifted this during the Summer Sale, but still, pretty cool.
  • All DLC for Dungeon Defenders? That's... Really great. Again, I've thrown in about $4.25 on some previously, but all the little $3-5 things I never picked up make this pretty good.
  • FTL might make an appearance in the bonuses. I don't see it happening this time, but it did get a Mac version recently.

So, yeah. I don't know if I normally would have beaten the average, but Indie bundles are Indie bundles, and extra Dungeon Defenders DLC and DRM-free versions of things are always good. Great stuff.

RE: The Humble Indie Bundle 7

They may be a day late, but they're never a dollar short. Presenting the bonuses:

• The Basement Collection (A compilation of stuff from Edmund McMillen, including Meat Boy; normally $4.)
  • Offspring Fling (A puzzle-platformer with great music. Pretty hard. Normally $8, demo here.)
  • Cave Story+ (A souped up version of Cave Story with a lot of extra stuff. Basically the WiiWare and 3DS eShop versions. Normally $10.)

I tried including small descriptions this time, so we'll see how that goes.

This bundle ends January 2nd at 7 P.M. EST.

RE: The Humble Bundle *with* Android 5

It's been a while since Indie 7. Humble was quiet for almost all of January. They hosted the now-annual Mojam 2, but the signature almost-monthly bundle was missing... until now. Yes, we're getting back into routine, starting with:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NQfkrNHbs1Q[/video]

The Humble Bundle with Android 5

Humble has received an air of "meh" from many over the Android bundles, mostly because nobody gets past the "Android" part and never sees that these are practically normal bundles. Admittedly, the bundles aren't really normal, with a lot of focus on previously-bundled games making their Android debuts, but Humble seeks to change that by slightly changing the name, hopefully for the better. They're also using new wording on the page, such as "Android versions included as well!" Anyway, we have:

And for beating the average, currently at the wonderful number of $6.66:

• Dungeon Defenders + All DLC (normally $50, also in Indie 7, Android version is "Second Wave" version; demo on Steam)
  • Super Hexagon (normally $3)

So, yeah.

What will I do: Going under the average this time. Super Hexagon seems really cool, but $3 is really cheap and I can wait for a Steam sale. Dungeon Defenders with all DLC would have been great if we didn't just have it. Android versions would have easily tipped me if I had one. Plus, chances are we'll get everything here as bonuses in Android 7.

Annnnd on schedule, we have bonuses:

Normal stuff is included of course: soundtracks, Steam keys, Ubuntu Software Center redemption.

Yeah, this is a bit interesting. So instead of getting the predicted HBA3 as a bonus, we're getting parts of HBA4. That's certainly breaking the pattern. It makes business sense, of course. Patterns like that shouldn't continue forever or else people won't buy the bundles until they know they can get them as bonuses. A bit disappointing, but no biggie at all. I do wonder what's going to happen with the next Android bundle, though.

Also, something in their slightly changed marketing seems to be working. I believe this is the fastest selling Android bundle since HBA1. Could be the games, but I think it's the marketing. Good job, Humble.

I donated $7 and got the games on my Android device. Pretty great deal, I'm glad I donated. Just sad I missed the last one, which had LIMBO and Amnesia. :(

RE: The Humble Weekly Sale, featuring Bastion!

So, Humble's trying something new. They came out with with it a few days ago, but I just now thought to post it. It's an offshoot, of sorts, and it could mean good things to come. They have started... *drumroll*

tumblr_inline_mjvvmriLsB1qz4rgp.jpg

The Humble Weekly Sale!

Yep, weekly. Basically, these are one-game, one-week sales that start on Tuesdays. There are games offered up for pretty darn cheap, and there are cool things offered up for those who pay more, incentivizing even the people who own these games. It's a win-win for everyone. Anyway, enough with my bad explanations, let's just get to this week's sale and you should get the gist of things--I'll yammer a bit more at the end. More activity for the thread!

This week's Humble Weekly Sale is...

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TptJHeWngJs[/video]

Bastion!

Humble's started off this new sale with a bang with Bastion, and they started it just in time for the reveal of Supergiant's new game, Transistor. Yup. Here are the tiers:

Under $1
  • DRM-free downloads for PC/Mac/Linux (I believe there's Ubuntu Software Center integration, too)

Between $1 and the average ($2.65 as of now)
  • Steam key

Between the average ($2.65) and $25
  • Original Soundtrack
  • Digital Art Pack
  • Sheet Music
  • iPhone/Android Ringtones

$25 and up (these are physical goods with free international shipping!)
  • Bastion Bandana
  • Original Soundtrack CD
  • Bastion Postcard
  • Transistor Postcard

I'll work on the format as new sales go, but that's about it for this sale. :)

So, yeah, few things I want to say.

• Obviously, Humble now has a deal with a shipping company, which means they're expanding (which they've been doing for a while). That's cool.
  • Being able to schedule a tie-in with Transistor's unveiling like this is impressive, so kudos to both parties.
  • I don't think this means much for the normal bundles; we might only be getting Indie and Android bundles from now on (with the occasional eBook or Music bundle thrown in), as this kinda replaces the missing-for-a-while-now developer specific bundles and debuts. That's kinda fine, unification is nice.
  • It definitely seems like these sales are meant to be run concurrently with bundles, as the URL leads to /weekly; they'll probably have a banner on the main bundle page leading to the weekly sale, which is similar to what they did with the Amnesia Fortnight (it was something like the Mojam but with Double Fine).
  • It seems like this is where a lot of the stuff offered through the Humble Store will end up. Ever since the Humble Store was introduced a year ago, I've been calling games using it for some of these bundles, as it would seem the developers have a pretty good relationship with Humble. This was a little foolhardy; many smaller indie games have used the Humble Store, and to be in a bundle a game has to be cross-platform. As a result, I believe Legend of Grimrock is the only game previously offered in the Humble Store to make it into a bundle. But this, the Humble Weekly Sale, hoho... This has the potential to offer those smaller games in a Humble promotion. I look forward to seeing what happens.
  • Ooh, one last note: Another site, Indie Game Stand, has been offering promotions similar to this; every four days, a game goes on a pay-what-you-want sale, and some extra goodies are given if you beat-the-average. So yeah, this seems to be Humble's answer to that, and IGS has acknowledged this with a $151 purchase.

RE: The Humble Mobile Bundle AND The Humble Weekly Sale featuring THQ!

So I was getting ready to post what I thought would be a new, routine Humble Weekly Sale today, when Humble threw not one, but two more curveballs!

The Humble Mobile Bundle

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V69PnFxIUtg&feature=player_embedded[/video]​

I knew these Weekly Sales would coincide with the normal bundles, but I didn't expect to see one this quick! And it seems Humble didn't know either, as some usual jokes and facts are missing from the video. Here are your games, but note that they are all Android-only!:

• Plants vs. Zombies (normally $3) - This marks Humble's second association with a big publisher, in this case EA (though Popcap is probably more involved than them).
  • Contre Jour (normally $2, soundtrack not included) - You might have seen this advertised in some IE10 campaigns.
  • Anomaly Korea (normally $4) - In the first Android bundle, we had Anomaly: Warzone Earth, and in this one we have its follow-up. I didn't even know this existed.
  • Bladeslinger (normally $3)

And for beating the average, which is resting comfortably at $5.54:

• Metal Slug 3 (normally $2) - I guess this would be Humble's third association with a "big" publisher.
  • The Room (Android debut, normally ~$2 on iOS)

So, yeah. This is probably why we saw the slight changes in advertising to HBA5; they wanted to differentiate it as much as they could. I hope that pays off; they've sold a good bit of bundles already, but some people are raring that there have been two Android bundles in a row. Lots of precedents here with the big-publisher games. Obviously, this bundle is smaller in scope than the Android bundles, but it seems nice. I don't own an Android device yet, but I'm still going in to save some money for when I do. Looks cool.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

This week's Humble Weekly sale is...

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5olrtYQmds&feature=player_embedded[/video]

THQ!?​

Yeah, so much for my speculation last week. This is about the exact opposite of what I was expecting. If you go under $1, you'll only get soundtracks, otherwise:

• Red Faction: Armageddon (normally $20)
    • Path to War (normally $7)
  • Darksiders (normally $20)

And for beating the average, likely to be reigning at $6.79:

• Darksiders II (normally $50)
  • Red Faction: Guerilla (normally $20, soundctrack not included)

So, yeah. I did call one thing; the Weekly Sale is advertised in the banner of the main bundle site. Otherwise... wow. We are getting previously bundled games as Weekly Sales, with this week's being unsold THQ IPs that were in the THQ Bundle. But so much for having only one game a week; this is practically a mini-bundle. Interesting, interesting, interesting. I personally won't be springing for it, as Darksiders II doesn't come with any DLC. But yeah, cool.

This sale ends on Tuesday, April 2nd at 1 P.M. ET.

RE: The Humble Mobile Bundle and The Humble Weekly Sale featuring... Tripwire Interactive?

Aaaaaand Humble throws another curveball. Certainly, this one is much less of one, but it is a curveball nonetheless.

But first, the Mobile Bundle got some neato bonuses:

• Another World (normally $5)
  • Funky Smugglers (normally $1)
  • Raiden Legacy (normally $5, soundtrack not included)

Yeah, so bonuses are definitely still in. Not much else to say. This bundle will end on April 9 at 2 P.M. ET. Interesting, I hadn't noticed that the time a bundle ends was changed from 6 or 7 to... 2. Huh.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5JaBfZTwbsU[/video]

Tripwire Interactive's entire catalog?​

Yeah, so I don't think we'll be able to predict how these sales are going to play out for a while. "It's going to focus on a single indie game with a bunch of goodies included!" NOPE. "It'll do that, but maybe also offer some previously bundled things that are also offered with some new things!" NOPE. So now: "It's going to all of that, but also bring back the great developer-specific bundles of yore!" MAYBE.

For $1, we have:

• Red Orchestra (normally $10)
  • Red Orchestra 2 GOTY (normally $20)

And for beating the average, perching at a quite low $2.91:

• Killing Floor + 11 DLCs (basically the Killing Floor bundle, normally $40)

Yeah, these are all niche-ish, multiplayer-centric, borderline-indie games, and they're basically all of Tripwire's catalog. Very interesting, I wasn't expecting the dev-specific bundle to make a reappearance.

What will I do?: I probably can't run any of these, but $3 is just way too cheap. Killing Floor is missing some DLCs, but they don't seem that great and they can be bought for $3 when on sale. So, we're talking $6 for everything in a game a lot of people like (Killing Floor), and some extra military simulators thrown in? Too good, though you may not think so. :p

Edit: I was a little batty when I wrote this, so I left out some things I wanted to say: This is more like a THQ bundle than it is a normal one; the games aren't all cross-platform, and you can only get them on Steam. Tripwire is a semi-indie dev, and these games don't seem to have any nasty middleware, so I guess the requirements might be down on how to get Humbly Bundled? Some people complain, but I feel that no one acknowledges that Humble's core product, the Indie Bundle, has all the bells and whistles. They seem to be stuck in the time of Indie-only bundles and don't see that Humble has other products where DRM and cross-platform isn't necessarily guaranteed. I don't know, maybe I'm a Humble fanboy. :p

RE: The Humble Weekly Sale featuring Blendo Games

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaw11RCucnc&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Blendo Games entire paid catalog​

Yeah, now things are getting into a rhythm. Like last week, this is basically a developer-specific bundle, but now we have more, how you say, traditional games up for grabs. :p

We have:

And for beating the average, resting at a fairly low but still kinda high $3.79:

So there we go.

What will I do?: Might go in under the average. There's not much savings here with Thirty Flights of Loving, and I already own Atom Zombie Smasher (AZS is probably the game-of-the-bundle if one doesn't alrready own it). I'll be trying some demos out this week.

The Humble Double Fine Bundle

First: What happened to the Weekly Sales? Well, they've been put on hiatus for now for some reason, so... yeah. No more Weekly Sales for now. :( But there is an awesome bundle today! :D

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqHM50bZRGY[/video]

The Humble Double Fine Bundle

It's been a month since the Blendo Sale started, so this being a Tuesday, it felt like a Humble day. I checked about an hour ago, nothing. But then I'm just about to finish my daily checks on things and bam, I get an email for the video above. The bundle had started not five minutes before. So yeah, looks like bundles are now going to be starting at 2. I think that's a DST thing. Anyway, the games:

We have another tier-based system, so I'll break that format out again:

Under the average
  • Costume Quest (normally $15, soundtrack not included)
  • Psychonauts (normally $10)
  • Stacking (normally $15)

Over the average ($6.40)
  • Brütal Legend (normally $20, this is the recently released PC version)

$35 and up
  • A preorder of Broken Age, Double Fine's upcoming game famously funded on Kickstarter last year (A.K.A. Double Fine Adventure, no word on soundtrack from what I can tell)

$70 and up

Yeah, pretty great bundle overall. It's nice to return to the developer-specific bundle. Humble's had some pretty good relations with Double Fine, so this was going to happen eventually, haha. It includes basically everything Double Fine's put out on PC, except for Iron Brigade and The Cave (since they weren't self-published, I guess? There's always the possibility of bonuses). Great deal on the under-BTA games, pretty good deal on Brutal Legend considering it was recently released on PC (the average was $10 for a few minutes, heh). For reference, there's a bundle on Steam that includes Brutal Legend and everything in the under-the-average tier, and that costs $45. Yeah. Good idea to include Broken Age, though if that's all someone wanted, it is about $5 more than they have to pay. And the t-shirt... hahaha. It's a neat design, but it definitely won't have everyone going out and paying upwards of $20 like the Bastion physical merchandise did. Still cool, still cool.

One last note: The pie chart that breaks down what portion of sales are from what platform changed colors from a nice, subdued... er, I think it was red, blue, and green, to a blatant, bold, red, yellow, and blue. It's not that bad, but I really like the subdued stuff, haha.

What will I do?: I'll probably end up going under-the-average. Those are the games I want most, since I don't have a good enough machine to run Brutal Legend. But if the average gets silly and drops to like $4, I'm in, heh.

RE: The Humble Double Fine Bundle

Because I LOOOOVE Double fine, I had to get over the average.
Stacking and consume quest were amazing.

Back