The Humble Card Game Bundle (bonuses) + Archie Comics Bundle (bonuses) + Weekly Bundle: Made in Spai

RE: Humble Indie Bundle X! + The Humble Weekly Sale: Amanita & Friends

100th post in the thread! Couldn't have asked for better timing!

Here we go!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2KKff1pxCgY[/video]
Humble Indie Bundle... X!

PWYW is a fantastic bunch:

And for beating the average, which is rather unusually descending from a pretty good $5.59:

All games are available on Windows, Mac, and Linux, and soundtracks for all games are included. Bonuses will be added for BTA buyers on Tuesday, January 14th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

The PWYW tier here is great, and is what you'd expect of an Indie Bundle. The BTA tier is good, but I think the choices are a little baffling. Reus was a 2013 game that saw a good amount of hype, but not more than some of the others here. And while Surgeon Simulator 2013 saw a ton of coverage by, like, everyone, I don't know if people really really wanted to play it as much as watch it being played. I suppose these games make sense in the BTA tier if you look at the rest of the bundle and realize these are the newest releases, but... I don't know, man. This feel like what I would have expected out of HIB9--great PWYW stuff, with BTA as a nice bonus but not integral part of the bundle. And HIB9 felt like what I would have expected HIBX to be--popular, critically acclaimed games from the past year all in one bundle. I don't know, maybe it's a timing thing since a lot of hyped games come out in the fall, which are usually what the fall HIB includes. This just doesn't feel like the big huge HIB 10 one would think the 10th HIB warrants. But, ah, that's just nitpicking, this is a great bundle. ^_^

One thing that's interesting: It seems Humble themselves might have thought the BTA games weren't going to be enough to carry the average price to a nice, high figure, as aside from the usual 20 or so purchases that the Humblers make to create an average price for people to beat there was something else: The first 1000 people to beat $10 in this bundle received the popular Starbound, normally sold for $15. Those 1000 copies sold out in 2 minutes, but it was just enough purchases to jack up the average all the way to like $7.80. So why is it $5.59 now and still dropping (seriously, it's gone to $5.58 in just the time I've been writing this...)? Obviously many of the buyers here simply don't want the BTA games. This is probably because of The Great Origin Divide.

See, up until Origin Bundle, Humble was doing very well for itself--average number of Indie Bundle purchases were always like 500,000, and THQ Bundle almost broke 1,000,000 if I recall correctly. But then boom, Origin Bundle hit, and right after Deep Silver Bundle, too. Those two bundles in a row drew in tons upon tons of attention--Humble's userbase doubled from THQ Bundle's 1,000,000 purchases, to 2,000,000, all in the span of two bundles. And those new purchasers were not the super-duper-Indie-loving people Humble had previously drawn in--a great majority of them wanted every bundle to be Origin Bundle. That's why the Mobile and Comedy Bundles drew in even more ire than their ilk had previously, and why the Android Bundles went under some name changes--to address this new base of users.

But what does that have to do with HIBX? Well, I think HIBX is at this point most similar to HIB8; a great PWYW tier, with a BTA tier that includes a game not too too many had heard of (Proteus) and a game practically everyone had heard great things about (Hotline Miami). HIB8 was before The Great Origin Divide, and what was the average purchase? Around $7, and it never really deviated from that. I don't know, maybe HIB8 and HIBX have less in common than I think since, again, Surgeon Simulator is something people like to watch more than play, but I think The Origin Crowd are certainly at work here. Interesting stuff.

RE: Humble Indie Bundle X! + The Humble Weekly Sale: Frozenbyte

This week's Humble Weekly Sale is...

Frozenbyte's current catalog​

This is an almost-repeat of The Humble Frozenbyte Bundle and The Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle, with Trine 2 thrown it... but those two bundles happened over two years ago, so it's not a big deal at all. We have:

• Shadowgrounds
    • Normally $7
      • The soundtrack is sold with the game in a bundle for $10
    • Demo on Steam
    • Linux version is not on Steam
  • Trine
  • Jack Claw Prototype
    • This is a prototype of a game Frozenbyte stopped developing in 2008. It isn't really sold anywhere, so it doesn't have a price.
    • Not available on Mac
    • Soundtrack not included
    • Source (should be) included

And for beating $6:

• Shadowgrounds Survivor
    • Normally $12
      • Normally sold in a bundle on Steam with Shadowgrounds, Trine, and Trine 2 for $35
    • Demo on Steam
    • Linux version not available on Steam
  • Trine 2: Complete Story

All games are available on Windows, Mac, and Linux, except Jack Claw on Mac. Soundtracks for all games are included, except Jack Claw's (I don't think it has any music). This sale will end on Thursday, January 16th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

RE: Humble Indie Bundle X (bonuses)! + The Humble Weekly Sale: Bohemia Interactive

HIBX bonuses!

All games are available DRM-free on Windows, Mac, and Linux. They're also all on Steam, though not all platforms are supported. Soundtracks are included unless noted otherwise. This bundle will end on Tuesday, January 21st, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

Bohemia Interactive​

And for beating $6:

• Carrier Command: Gaea Mission
  • ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead
  • ARMA II: DayZ Mod
    • This is the wildly popular mod for ARMA II. It is available for free on Steam. Humble is including it in the bundle as a sort of "Hey, yeah, we have these niche games in this bundle over here, but you need them if you want DayZ. Oh, you've hard of DayZ?"
    • This mod has had a lot of problems, especially with cheaters. There is a standalone version available on Early Access. It's nowhere near done, but the general advice is to go over there if you're new to DayZ. To repeat, this is the freely available mod, not the standalone.
    • WTF Is... by TotalBiscuit
    • Let's Look At by NorthernLion
    • Test Chamber by Game Informer

No soundtracks are included. All games are Steam and Windows-exclusive unless noted otherwise (ARMA Tactics). This sale will end on Thursday, January 23rd, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

RE: The Humble Weekly Sale: Bohemia Interactive (bonuses?)

First, something small: The favicon changed.

Old:
Old%20Humble%20bundle%20favicon.ico

New:
New%20Humble%20Bundle%20favicon.ico

Fun.

Next, bundles: This week's is the first Humble Audiobook Bundle. Makes sense, we've had a lot of core bundles recently. The total value of the books is apparently $685, so that's cool.

Now: Bonuses for the Bohemia Sale! Yes, bonuses in a Weekly Sale! Something about there being $1,000,000 in sales or something:

• ARMA: Cold War Assault
    • Normally $6
    • Available at the $6 tier, from what it appears.
    • Previous buyers of any level *might* have it added, from what I can tell.
  • Fish Fillets 2
    • Normally $5
    • Available at any tier.

Both games are exclusive to Windows and Steam. This sale will end on Thursday, January 23rd, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

Last edited:
RE: Humble Roguelike Weekly Sale

Thing I didn't mention in the last post: The audiobook bundle's probably bonuses don't appear to be behind a BTA-gate this time.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3joMyKIA5J0[/video]
Roguelikes!​

We have a nice themed bunch this week:

• Paranautical Activity
    • Normally $10
    • In Early Access
      • I believe that's the first mainstream bundled game to be Early Access (Prison Architect was $35!)
    • The Steam release does not include the Linux version
    • Alpha Strike by TotalBiscuit
    • The Greenlight by Jesse Cox
  • Dungeons of Dredmor Complete
  • Hack, Slash, Loot

And for beating $6:

All games are available on Steam and DRM-free (sans Teleglitch). All soundtracks are included, except for The Binding of Isaac's (odd, it's been in past bundles). This sale will end on Thursday, January 30th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

Man, this bundle is almost totally complete. All those DLCs and soundtracks, except for Binding of Isaac's. Could have been 100%!

RE: Humble Weekly Sale: Codemasters

In memory of Justin "JewWario" Carmical. :(

Quick thing before we start: Humble changed their longstanding purchase amount picker from bubbles:

Old%20Humble%20Picker.png

to a fancy dancy slider:

New%20Humble%20Slider.png

The "Custom Amount" function is now relegated to the box at the right.

Codemasters

And for beating $6:

All games are Windows and Steam-exclusive. This bundle will end on Thursday, February 6th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

Last edited:
RE: The Humble Sid Meier Bundle! + Humble Weekly Sale: Codemasters

Quick thing first: The Humble Store is having a themed sale: The Paradox Mid-Week Mega!

On offer is 75% off many (base) games. The sale will run through Friday, February 7th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

And now:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzhRiYiHOlA[/video]
The Humble Sid Meier Bundle

Yeah, it felt about time for another big-publisher bundle. Pretty good crop here:

• Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete
  • Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
    • Normally $30
    • Includes the base game, the two expansions Warlords and Beyond the Sword, and the remake of Colonization in the Civ IV engine.
    • Available on Mac. Note, the Mac version was before the time of SteamPlay, so you'll see duplicate entries for the game in your library. The ones you can't install in Windows are the Mac versions. Humble put up a support article for this: http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/1438541-why-am-i-seeing-two-copies-of-civilization-games-in-my-steam-library-
    • Review by CGR Undertow
  • Sid Meier's Ace Patrol
    • Normally $5
  • Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies
    • Normally $5
  • Sid Meier's Railroads!

For beating-the-average, currently rising from a fairly high $7.97:

• Sid Meier's Civilization V
    • Normally $30
    • Demo on Steam
    • Available on Mac
    • Soundtrack included
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings
    • Normally $30
    • This is an expansion for Civ V.
    • Demo on Steam
    • Available on Mac
  • Presumably, next week's bonuses

And finally, for beating $15:

• Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World

All games are Windows and Steam-exclusive unless noted otherwise. If bonuses are to be added, they'll be here on Tuesday, February 11th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

• I believe this is the first time Humble has included ESRB and PEGI ratings for the games here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5tdr7if5fd881d/Humble%20ESRB%20PEGI.png?dl=0 Must be an agreement with 2K.
  • This is like the first ever bundle video without some form of voiceover! D: Ah, well, Baba Yetu is a fine replacement.
  • Though the bundle includes Civ V and it's expansions, it does not include any of the smaller pieces of DLC: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/36075/ If you're going for a complete Civ V, it's advisable to wait a few months or so for Complete to be 66% or 75% off rather than paying $15 now for the bundle... unless money doesn't matter as much for you, or if you can't help yourself. Perfectly understandable. ;)
  • So yeah, only today did Civ V Complete hit Steam. Timing!
  • So 2K! That's one more publisher in the mix. Left are Square Enix (obvious, they put their games on sale all the time), Capcom (eh, Japanese company), Ubisoft (a uPlay bundle could definitely happen), and of course, Valve (I'd love to see it!).

Last edited:
RE: The Humble Sid Meier Bundle! + Humble Weekly Sale: Double Fine

So first, a quick notice: Back in November or so 2012, Double Fine did their annual Amnesia Fortnight prototype jam with the cooperation of Humble. There was a site listing all the prototypes Double Fine was thinking about making, and a bundle to buy to be able to vote on the four you wanted made. Those that bought it also had (early) access to a daily documentary 2 Player Productions was doing on the event, as well as the prototypes themselves when they were done being worked on. Interestingly, the prototypes were optionally redeemable on Steam.

So anyway, they're doing it again. Pay-what-you-want to be able to vote on a set of like 30 prototypes, get (presumably early) access to the 2 Player Productions documentary, and get the prototypes themselves, but there's a bit more to it now: The PWYW level now only votes on three prototypes--the fourth is reserved behind BTA as a special Pendleton Ward leaded thing! What remains to be seen is whether sub-BTA purchasers will actually get Pen Ward's prototype, or whether that will be reserved for BTA people, too. There's also a $35 Bluray up for grabs, so that's cool.

So yeah, pretty neat. URL is here: https://www.humblebundle.com/doublefine

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHDpmCpTZuA[/video]

Double Fine!​

To coincide with Amnesia Fortnight, this week's sale is a repeat of the Double Fine Bundle! Very nice for those who missed it last June:

For beating $6:

And for beating a slightly odd $16.74:

• Spacebase DF-9
    • Normally $25
    • Early Access game! It's not finished yet!
    • Not free, but you can find the prototype for this in the Amnesia Fortnight mentioned above.
    • NerdCubed Early Plays...
    • Only available on Steam, no DRM-free versions
    • Soundtrack not included

All games run on Windows, Mac, and Linux. All games are available on Steam and DRM-free, except for Spacebase DF-9. All soundtracks are included, also except for Spacebase DF-9. This sale will end Thursday, February 13th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

RE: The Humble Sid Meier Bundle (bonuses)! + Humble Weekly Sale: IndieCade

The Humble Sid Meier Bundle bonuses + Weekly Sale: IndieCade

Sid Meier bonuses!

214194cddf0f268d46e9d951f6a643f87c7e2834.png

Sid Meier's Pirates

[img=325x200]https://humblebundle-a.akamaihd.net/static/hashed/8a5013cc85aad013b93f54b45fbf634c352f571e.png[/img] + [img=325x200]https://humblebundle-a.akamaihd.net/static/hashed/b0fd95d0913adec70d893171d211bd325891a02d.png[/img]

Scrambled Nations Map Pack (DLC for Civ V)
  • Normally $5
Scrambled Continents Map Pack (DLC for Civ V)
  • Normally $5

These bonuses are for current and past BTA buyers. Pirates is only available on Windows, while the Civ DLC runs on Mac as well. All of it is exclusive to Steam.

Also:

Baba Yetu​
  • The famous theme for Civ IV has been added for all buyers.

Civilization V Soundtrack​
  • This was in last week, but you actually had to install the game and find the files to get to it. Later in the week Humble added straight-up MP3s for all buyers.

This bundle will end on Tuesday, February 18th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

A selection of IndieCade winners​

Nice little bunch here:

header_292x136.jpg

And Yet It Moves

header_292x136.jpg

The Dream Machine (Chapters 1, 2, and 3)

• Chapters 1 and 2 are normally sold in a pack for $5
  • Chapter 3 is normally sold for $5
  • Chapter 4 is done, but not included in the bundle. There will be 6 chapters in total.
  • Demo on Steam
  • Available on WIndows and Mac.
  • No DRM-free version included

header_292x136.jpg

Luxuria Superbia

• Normally $7
  • Available on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android.

And for beating $6:

header_292x136.jpg

Dear Esther

header_292x136.jpg

The Bridge

header_292x136.jpg

7 Grand Steps

• Normally $15
  • Available on Windows and Mac.
  • Let's Look At by NothernLion
  • Soundtrack normally $1

All games are available on Steam. This sale will end on Thursday, February 20th, 2014.

I've been thinking my big blocks of text are a little drab, so I've tried adding pictures this time. :D

RE: Humble Indie Bundle 11!! + Humble Weekly Sale: IndieCade

The Humble Indie Bundle 11

Things have been getting into a sort of pattern here in Humble Bundle Land, with the recent series of Indie/Non-game/Big publisher, so if things hold, today will be another little Mobile Bundle. And here you go-wha? It’s not a Mobile Bundle today? It’s…?

HIB11.gif

[video=youtube]

Humble Indie Bundle 11!!

WHOO! Any feeling of “Hm, this HIBX is pretty cool, but it doesn’t feel very X-ey…” is entirely wiped away by the might of this bundle. WE HAVE:

header_292x136.jpg

Guacamelee! Gold Edition

header_292x136.jpg

Dust: An Elysian Tail

header_292x136.jpg

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
  • Normally $15​
  • DLC not included (yet...?)​
  • Mac and Linux ports not available yet, "will be available later this year"​
  • WTF Is... by TotalBiscuit​
  • Quick Look by Giant Bomb​
  • Let's Look At by NorthernLion​
  • Soundtrack normally $9​
  • Also included: "[A] never-before-seen digital comic"​

header_292x136.jpg

The Swapper

And for beating the average, which has settled in at a very nice $4.48:

header_292x136.jpg

Antichamber

header_292x136.jpg

Monaco

All soundtracks are included! All games are available DRM-free and on Steam on Windows, Mac, and Linux (except Giana SIsters, for now). Bonuses will be available to those who beat the average on Tuesday, February 25th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

You know, even though X was really good with Runner2, Joe Danger, To The Moon, etc., I think the difference here might just be Antichamber. Or rather, the beat-the-average games as a whole. Last bundle had those greats, but the BTA games were a god game that was nice but not huge, and an enhanced version of what started as a free joke. Not to discount the merits of those games by any means, but they felt a little odd as BTA games. Here, you have a four-player multiplayer game, and a premium-er puzzle whosawhatsit. Things are just a bit different.​

Last edited:
RE: Humble Indie Bundle 11!! + Weekly Sale: The Adventure Company and Friends

The Humble Weekly Sale: The Adventure Company and Friends

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xn4tOt8P1PA[/video]

The Adventure Company and Friends​

57e15a647d98117b350b942b5cc1a5a48e75c15c.jpg

Dead Reefs

• Normally $5
  • Not available on Steam

1921d442a4dbd186a544c439f34e07526fb1f8d6.jpg

Mystery Series: A Vampire Tale

• Normally $10
  • Not available on Steam
  • Available on Mac

header_292x136.jpg

Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure

• Normally $5

header_292x136.jpg

Aura: Fate of the Ages

• Normally $5

For beating $6:

header_292x136.jpg

Dark Fall: The Journal

• Available in a pack with Dark Fall 2 for $8

header_292x136.jpg

Dark Fall 2: Lights Out

• Available in a pack with Dark Fall 1 for $8

header_586x192.jpg

The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition

• Available in a pack with The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles Collectors Edition for $40
  • Available on Mac and Linux

header_586x192.jpg

The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles Collectors Edition

• Available in a pack with The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition for $40
  • Review by Classic Game Room

header_292x136.jpg

Jack Keane 2 - The Fire Within

• Normally $30

header_292x136.jpg

Deponia

header_292x136.jpg

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout

• Normally $15

And for beating $15:

header_292x136.jpg

The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief - Digital Deluxe Edition

Most games are Steam-only--the other two are DRM-free-only. Games are exclusive to Windows unless otherwise mentioned. The sale will end on Thursday, February 27th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

RE: Humble Indie Bundle 11 (bonuses)!! + Weekly Sale: Simulators

The Humble Indie Bundle 11 bonuses + Weekly Sale: Simulators

Quick thing first: Thief (the new one) is on the Humble Store! That doesn't really mean much, it's not on sale or anything, but it shows that Humble and Square Enix are working together, which means another major publisher is down!

Bonuses for HIB11!

header_292x136.jpg

FEZ

header_292x136.jpg

Starseed Pilgrim

header_292x136.jpg

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians

Games are available DRM-free and on Steam for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Soundtracks for FEZ and Starseed Pilgrim are included. Bonuses are given to past and current purchasers who beat-the-average. This bundle will end on Tuesday, March 4th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

Simulators​

header_292x136.jpg

Bridge Project

header_292x136.jpg

Trainz Simulator 12

• Normally $30
  • Available on Android
  • No DLC included

header_292x136.jpg

Euro Truck Simulator

• Normally $9
  • Available on Mac
  • This is the first game, not the second one

231f444679b07954c95bbf292dbf12a79668638a.jpg

Wildlife Park 3

For beating $6:

header_292x136.jpg

Agricultural Simulator 2013

• Normally $10
  • Available DRM-free and on Steam

header_292x136.jpg

Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming

• Normally $15
  • Available DRM-free and on Steam

header_292x136.jpg

Pool Nation

And for beating $10

header_292x136.jpg

Professional Farmer 2014

Unless otherwise noted, games are Windows and Steam-exclusive. This sale will end on Thursday, March 6th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

RE: Humble Mobile Bundle 4 + Weekly Sale: Simulators

Humble Mobile Bundle 4

I predicted this as the last bundle. It's late, but here it is. :p

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O42HrBYdUsE[/video]

Humble Mobile Bundle 4

bdn_EZ7ANtuhTqayS6qrBsoooja7M7VqolgwYibPoUDt6Xl9rdjgSm0mRxWMD2GSY44=w300-rw

Catan

• Normally $4
  • Does not include DLC (the DLC is basically a campaign, else you have custom games)

Mbtifw1joVTSh-bA3OX9Nyv1S_LWamXwUFmUXzA6-x1NGm49-0rLpNLb3VB33vjbWFs=w300-rw

Vector

dTUrKLffqXHJtPuIlp8fjDhROuzrTcpidbNFprugR65hMrPLX7Omd8SGop0xMXXKzcw=w300-rw

Riptide GP2

• Normally $3
  • Offers in-app purchases

3vnhs30Jya1R0zuekjCae3E1FVbD2R9DHpVGsaxmf1q59CTu77uivYXLWTA3i3xgqkU=w300-rw

Zombie Gunship

• Normally $1
  • Offers in-app purchases

And for beating the average, slowly rising from an all right $3.56:

RE6A5sj2Ugz-cwjDVW26HoDj-v6VKwR38ttjq2JUyduMOJLQURkltefKd1b1Zl7fFXm7=w300-rw

BADLAND Premium

uBo5mR5DOlxboqAwUgTrmBn1fnBF1pyG7FB8l8V9ejCu69zBr-LEHBUjfsepWVv2_Y4=w300-rw

Breach & Clear

• Normally $4
  • The version in the bundle is "premium". It "ncludes all mission packs, weapons packs, face and head gear customization packs".

Next week's bonuses, probably.

These games are all Android-exclusive, and are DRM-free. If bonuses are added (which they probably will be), it'll be on Tuesday, March 11th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EDT (probably--DST, man).

I think we're starting to see a pattern in bundles. If you look at the string of bundles starting with WB Games, you have: WB->Mobile 3->Jumbo->HBA8->HIBX->Audiobook->Sid Meier

That forms a cycle: Big publisher->Mobile->(Jumbo-slot)->Android->Indie->Non-game->Big publisher

If you used that cycle to predict the bundle after Sid Meier, it would have been a Mobile Bundle. And it practically is! I feel like HIB11 was a one-off part of this cycle--I mean, just 6 weeks after the previous HIB? I don't feel like it's part of the cycle (if a cycle does indeed exist).

RE: Humble Mobile Bundle 4 + Weekly Sale: Popcap! + Devolver Digital Thing

The Humble Weekly Sale: Popcap + Devolver Digital Double Debut

This one has been in the Steam registry since October!

This week's Humble Weekly sale is...

Popcap!​

header_292x136.jpg

Peggle Deluxe

header_292x136.jpg

Bejeweled 3

header_292x136.jpg

Bookworm Deluxe

header_292x136.jpg

Escape Rosecliff Island

header_292x136.jpg

Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe

And for beating $6:

header_292x136.jpg

Plants vs. Zombies: Game of the Year Edition

header_292x136.jpg

Peggle Nights

header_292x136.jpg

Zuma's Revenge!

All of these games are available on both Steam and Origin. There are no soundtracks or other downloads included, so purchases under $1 will get nothing! There is one key per tier, per service, so you can't split your purchases up too much. EA is forgoing its proceeds to charity, like they did with the Origin Bundle. This sale ends on Thursday, March 13th, 2014, at 1 P.M. EDT (probably).

Bit of an oddity, but this is also happening this week:

Devolver Digital Double Debut

Devolver Digital is the fairly well-known publisher of Serious Sam, Hotline Miami, Hard Reset, and more. This is a bundle with 5 of their games, and 5 indie movies (yes). I'm not going to bother listing everything out, especially all the movies, but here's what's in it:

PWYW tier:

• Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
  • Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
  • Austin High (movie)
  • The Poisoning (movie)
  • One Couch at a Time

$10 tier:

• Defense Technica
  • Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure
  • Cosmic DJ (debut)
  • Good Game (movie, debut)
  • MARS (movie)

Of this, I'd recommend going in at PWYW if you didn't pick up the Retro Shooters Weekly from a while back. The Marc Eckō game is supposed to be interesting, but it's $3.75 right now on Steam for a few days, so you might want to get it their. No idea about the movies, beyond that you download them from VHX. This promotion thing will end on Thursday, March 13th, 2013, at 1 P.M. EDT (I think).

RE: Humble Mobile Bundle 4 (bonuses) + Weekly Sale: SEGA + Devolver Digital Thing

The Humble Weekly Sale: SEGA + Mobile Bundle 4 bonuses + Bundle of Love for Brandon

Humble%20News%20Banner.png

The Humble Library page got some nice tweaks this week. Previously, if you had somewhere in the realm of 30 bundles tied to your account, trying to go to that page would induce almost 20 seconds of waiting while the page loaded in the backround, before anything was actually shown to you. Now, it loads in about 3-5 seconds with none of your games, and then loads in your games as you're on the page. It's a bit hard to explain, so here's a GIF:

Nah, it's not that interesting. But it's a nice change.

SEGA

This one has been in the Steam Registry for a good few months, too. Odd that these two are back-to-back... Anyway, we have:

c5d676ff80f8a04870b64d5d940be26f484bf6d2.jpg

Alpha Protocol

b322f477886160179680cc3ad61c66dea49aae3c.jpg

Company of Heroes

be77f0686128cfe7b39aea004ac409a134b387dd.jpg

Rome: Total War

header_292x136.jpg

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

And for beating $5.99 (psychological pricing this go-around):

f67c5a8208873b0f62743855b046b5143eaec073.jpg

The Typing of the Dead: Overkill

header_292x136.jpg

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

header_292x136.jpg

Binary Domain

header_292x136.jpg

Renegade Ops

f15db3e4274f6bc108882ea2ebfcb6b747732853.jpg

10 Classic SEGA Genesis Games

header_292x136.jpg

Medieval II: Total War

And for beating $14.99:

header_292x136.jpg

Total War: SHOGUN 2

All games are Windows and Steam-exclusive. This sale will end on Thursday, March 20th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EDT.

Bonuses for Mobile Bundle 4! Nice bunch:

Flm0oe3WzyTuYxO2I9GdClRC7fsf-IeCO-Svt7-hEaUGw39Q18pTm7j07wCotjG2-aw=w300-rw

OLO

• Normally $2​
  • Soundtrack included​

_x7I_O523ZvLXtumBk4VAKZuAG5-1dUCK4F0CzdKgVLjNnB5s5rMNPoSIl-Uvas6iZE=w300-rw

Color Sheep
  • Normally $1​

HdxEwHOD6ba6X_mr35ZnTK0yuovTEhKEA3idJWm_UXbVdSFssO3RWquFOg-FEq6lwbE=w300-rw

Gunslugs

These bonuses are included in past and present purchases that beat-the-average, which is currently at $3.79. This bundle will end on Tuesday, March 18th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EDT.

One last note for this week: Do you think Humble is juggling a lot of bundles right now, what with Mobile 4, SEGA Weekly, Amnesia Fortnight, and Devolver Digital Double Debut thing? Well too bad, here's another!

A Bundle of Love for Brandon

This is a big 'ol bundle to help out a guy in the indie scene with cancer costs, with excess funds going to a cancer research foundation. It's $25, but there are a lot of games--too many for me to list! It's being done in a Humble Widget, in a blog post: http://blog.humblebundle.com/post/79398200426/a-very-special-humble-bundle-of-love-for-brandon-boyer​

Last edited:
RE: Humble Mobile Bundle 4 (bonuses) + Weekly Sale: SEGA + Devolver Digital Thing

The Humble eBook Bundle 3 + Weekly Sale: Rhythm Games

Well, I was wrong about this week's bundle: eBooks! Not a bad batch, I think:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R-I5QyAfglU[/video]

• The Happiest Days of Our Lives by Wil Wheaton
  • Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale by Holly Black
  • Jumper by Steven Gould
  • Zombies Versus Unicorns - An Anthology

BTA:

• Mogworld by Yahtzee Croshaw
  • Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
  • Next week's bonuses

$15 or more:

• Homeland by Cory Doctorow, narrated by Wil Wheaton

Rhythm Games!​

Good selection here:

header_292x136.jpg

Symphony

header_292x136.jpg

Sequence

header_292x136.jpg

BIT.TRIP RUNNER

And for beating $6:

header_292x136.jpg

Audiosurf

header_292x136.jpg

Beat Hazard Ultra

• Includes the base game and Ultra, which are normally available in a pack together for $13
  • Demo on Steam
  • DRM-free builds available
  • Video by TotalBiscuit
  • Quick Look by Giant Bomb
  • Soundtrack included

header_292x136.jpg

Retro/Grade

This sale will end on Thursday, March 27th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EDT.

RE: Humble Weekly Sale: Celebrating Open Source

The Humble eBook Bundle 3 bonuses + Weekly Sale: Celebrating Open Source

Bonuses were added to eBook 3 this week:

• The God Engines by John Scalzi
  • Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves
  • Arcanum 101 by Mercedes Lackey
  • To Be or Not to Be by Ryan North

These are available for those who beat-the-average. This bundle will ed on Tuesday, April 1st, 2014, at 2 P.M. EDT, at which time we'll probably return to game bundles.

Quick thing for the Humble Store: There's an almost-over Square Enix sale currently going on.

161de8bb010b2a6ff616666c8ed8d34265f3a096.jpg

There's nothing there that isn't in your normal Steam sales (notable exception being Hitman: Contracts, which only hit Steam recently and is 75% off), but it shows that Squeenix is definitely leveraging Humble more and more. Only a matter of time until a bundle, hopefully!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2pkj_rq5JEM[/video]
"Celebrating Open Source"​

All the games here were developed using open source tools, and the charities this go-around are various open source-y things. The games:

header_292x136.jpg

Magical Diary

header_292x136.jpg

NEO Scavenger

• Normally $10
  • Currently in Early Access
  • Demo on Steam

header_292x136.jpg

Offspring Fling!

Planet Stronghold

• Normally $25 (price from developer's site)
  • Demo on developer's site
  • Available on Mac, Linux, and Android
  • Not available on Steam
  • Soundtrack included, normally $9

Even the Ocean Demo

• Demo of a new game by the developers of Anodyne
  • Available on Mac
  • Currently exclusive to this sale, but will be PWYW following it here (though it is currently available for $10,000 there. :p)

And for beating $6

header_292x136.jpg

Anodyne

header_292x136.jpg

Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten

• Normally $15
  • Demo on Steam
  • Available for redemption on GOG.com, a Humble first
  • Soundtrack included

header_292x136.jpg

Evoland

header_292x136.jpg

Incredipede

All games have DRM-free builds. This sale will end on Thursday, April 3rd, 2014, at 2 P.M. EDT.

RE: Humble Bundle: PC and Android 9 + Weekly Sale: Celebrating Open Source

Humble Bundle: PC and Android 9

So nothing too special from Humble for April Fool's, but we've got:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otg2V7AuVvI[/video]

Humble Bundle: PC and Android 9

header_292x136.jpg

Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror

• Normally $6
  • Old demo on FilePlanet
  • Linux version only available as a DRM-free download (it's not on Steam)
  • Soundtrack included

header_292x136.jpg

Bridge Constructor

• Normally $10
  • Quick Look by Giant Bomb
  • Soundtrack included

header_292x136.jpg

Type:Rider

• Normally $7
  • Soundtrack included

header_292x136.jpg

Ravensword: Shadowlands

• Normally $15
  • Soundtrack included

And for beating the average, steadily rising at $3.62:

header_292x136.jpg

Kingdom Rush

header_292x136.jpg

Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition

Bonuses will be added on Tuesday, April 8th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EDT.

RE: Humble Bundle: PC and Android 9 + Weekly Sale, hosted by Destructoid!

The Humble Weekly Sale, hosted by Destructoid

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z-BfYtsMsP8[/video]
Hosted by Destructoid!​

There's a few repeats for Humble regulars, but this a pretty nice bunch:

header_292x136.jpg

Little Inferno

header_292x136.jpg

Super Hexagon

• Normally $3
  • Free prototype available on developer's site
  • Mac, Linux, and Android versions included
  • DRM-free versions included
  • NerdCubed Plays... by NerdCubed
  • Soundtrack included, normally ~$3
    • The last time the soundtrack was available to buy with the game was in HBA5 in January 2013, where it was available as a pretty high BTA; this should be the part intrepid bundlers should look at when deciding whether or not to buy the bundle

header_292x136.jpg

Natural Selection 2

And for beating $6:

header_292x136.jpg

Critter Crunch

header_292x136.jpg

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate

header_292x136.jpg

Hotline Miami

This sale will end on Thursday, April 10th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EDT.

RE: Humble Bundle: PC and Android 9 (bonuses!) + Weekly Sale: PewDiePie Saves the Children

Humble Bundle: PC and Android 9 bonuses + Weekly Sale: PewDiePie Saves the Children

Busy week!

Humble%20News%20Banner.png

tumblr_inline_n3q0bk6Prx1r09qkf.png

"Humble Bundle honored for 'Best Games-Related Website' in the 18th Annual Webby Awards"

The Humble Library page received a welcome update this week. With the update from a few weeks ago, the page loaded immediately, and then your bought bundles occupied it as it continued loading. This was fine, and was an improvement on the previous version where we were stuck waiting 15-20 seconds for anything to show up on-screen, but it became problematic when you just trying to reach one of your individual bundle pages for a Steam key or something: All the individual bundle links are at the bottom of the page, so while you were frantically trying to scroll there, more and more bundles kept occupying the page, bumping you up and impeding your progress--not fun. But now we have a handy dandy progress bar!

Humble%20Library%20Progress%20Bar.png

Thanks Humble! *thumbs up*

We'll cover bundle bonuses first this week.

header_292x136.jpg

The Shivah

header_292x136.jpg

Savant - Ascent
  • Normally $2​
  • Savant Ascent is AWESOME! by Video Games Awesome​
    • They end up playing through the whole game, so you might not want to finish it.​
  • Soundtrack included​

header_292x136.jpg

Syder Arcade

This bundle will end on Tuesday, April 15th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.

The inclusion of Savant Ascent and its soundtrack makes this bundle 5x better for me.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6fzIWiFQDmg[/video]
PewDiePie Saves the Children

PewDiePie returns for his second hosted sale:

header_292x136.jpg

Surgeon Simulator 2013

header_292x136.jpg

Guacamelee! Gold Edition

Fc2iS456aEyWexD4GMzYULvOYtTh5xfwo2Duqk-cFpIFsmzcm0WfaLj26r19GBiWmDY=w300-rw

QWOP

For beating $6:

header_292x136.jpg

SpeedRunners

header_292x136.jpg

Garry's Mod
  • Normally $10​
  • Mac and Linux versions included​
  • Garry's Mod is, as the name might suggest, a mod, for the Source engine specifically. When you download the game a bunch of Half-Life 2 assets are included so you can jump right into sandboxing, and you can download stuff from the Steam Workshop, but if you want to play popular Garry's Mod games like Trouble in Terrorist Town, you'll probably need additional assets from Counter-Strike: Source, which requires you to own the game (normally $10)... However, recently, a workaround has been found and used by many. Word of warning, though it's totally legal (to the utter best of anyone's knowledge), it's also totally unofficial, so if you want to stick to official-ly things, buy CS: Source. Else: The process involves downloading a Steam command-line tool meant to be used on servers, and then downloading the entirety of CS: Source. Because you don't own the game on Steam you won't actually be able to play the downloaded copy, but you will be able to mess around with the files, which is all you need to do. A bit of moving here, a bit of extracting there, and presto, you have CS: Source assets in Garry's Mod. I tested this myself earlier on Windows, but there's also a Linux download available. Mac users will either have to resort to buying CS: Source or using a PC with Windows or Linux to download the files, after which they can be moved over. Here's the link to the tutorial I used: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=157993776#105533​

For beating $10:

header_292x136.jpg

Probably Archery

And finally, for beating $15:

header_292x136.jpg

State of Decay

PWYW has some good stuff. The higher tiers are a bit eh value-wise, but I suspect some things were made more expensive to get more money for the charity, so.

This sale ends on Thursday, April 17th, 2014, at 2 P.M. EST.​

Last edited:
Back