Pokemon Pokemon Plotholes Discussion Thread

@Bulbabuddy: Well, there are some out there who now claim Ash's Pikachu is a Bicurious/Bisexual Female, just so they can deal with that debacle with the Togepi ep and still have Pikachu as a Girl. Sooo...

Game Plothole: Azumaril has a Gender Ratio of 25/75 (or Maybe it was Marill, and I've gotten them mixed up). Marill has a 50/50 Gender Ratio.

Does this mean that 25% of all Marills change gender upon Evolution =O

Game Plothole: Azumaril has a Gender Ratio of 25/75 (or Maybe it was Marill, and I've gotten them mixed up). Marill has a 50/50 Gender Ratio.

Does this mean that 25% of all Marills change gender upon Evolution =O

A lot of people say this. But it could also mean not all female Marills evolve (or male Marills. Or Azurills for both. Whatever it was)

Here is my thought. How come, they only knew about 151 pokemon at the time Ash started his journey? All the regions knew about each other at the time. Since James has said, his family has houses in all of the regions. And in the movie Pokemon 4ever. They encounter Suicune, and a lot of other pokemon, like Spinarak and Hoothoot to name two of them. Pokemon which, the anime has claimed, where not yet discovered by humans at the time. Even in the region that they have came from. I'm sorry, if this is confusing. I'm just wondering how that can be. By the way, I've been reading this topic off and on, for the past few weeks. So I signed up with the site so I could join in.

Mewtwo is listed in the pokedex even though it isn't a real pokemon. Or more so very confidential.

how is it that a pokerman can create fake copies of itself or make itself smaller, and by doing this its unable to be hit by an earthquake?

^Because it.... er..... Jumps?

Just look at the same reasons on Surf.

How can Groudon, Kyogre, Tyranitar and Abomasnow be in the same battle? It would be a sunny day, with a drizzle of rain, a block of hail, and a sandstorm.

What a weather phenomenon.

Characters in pokemon don't age at all. Are they vampires? Also, you would think that grimers would have polluted the entire planet while mismagius drove humans into insanity with hallucinations.

Another odd thing is that the grunts all look the same (they like to keep to themselves. They're cloners)

Another odd thing about the anime is that it takes forever to get from town to town. Surely ash can't be that slow. Even if he is, he could just teach a pokemon fly.

Admitteldy you can't really fly to anywhere you haven't been... which is stupid considering the maps we have. Also it apparently takes a day's hike at least for each town, while we get it condensed to roughly 15 minutes of running. Scaled up. Man, the place is tiny.

Well, I suppose all those wacky filler adventures they get up to slow them down a bit. Thats probably why Gary was always so far ahead. He actually spent his time doing trainer stuff :D

It's never been cleared up if there are "normal" animals in addition to Pokemon. Animals have rarely (if ever) been shown, but if they didn't exist, how would they have some species names? (i.e. "Electric Mouse Pokemon)
Well then Pokedexes could be imported from another country, but that just makes things even more confusing...
Tauros have been shown being raised on farms, so I guess that's were some of their meat comes from.
So in answer to your question I guess so XD

^good point. Also: when they classify nine tales as a fox pokemon (along with similar senarios), how does anyone know what an actual fox is? And are the plants that make up the forest pokemon or just plants (same thing applies to the mountains and such)? And where do all the materials for construction come from (I hope they don't have to breed dokkoras and slaughter them just to get concrete).

godzilla898 said:
It's never been cleared up if there are "normal" animals in addition to Pokemon. Animals have rarely (if ever) been shown, but if they didn't exist, how would they have some species names? (i.e. "Electric Mouse Pokemon)

The word "mouse" is just a taxonomic label used in pokemon universe. Even in real life there are many mice.

It doesn't have to mean that there has to exist a "mouse" from our universe in the pokemon realm.

For instance, you could also argue, how can you call Pidgey a tiny bird or Magikarp a fish if the words "fish" and "bird" can only refer to actual fish and actual birds that exist in real life.

Maybe Chillarmy (the "chinchilla" pokemon) would be a better example

Back