XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

The problem with the Mr. XY thing is that /vp/ gets this sort of thing all the time. I've seen like three that look as official as the one Paddy posted.

jynxed said:
Wow you really really take the term "counterpart" loosely.

Okay, it's more like "version exclusives" but like Mitja said, "counterpart" can take on various aspects. Still, about Mr. Mime and Sudowoodo, both got pre-evos in gen 4 that evolve only when they learn Mimic and became version exclusives ever since. Probably, Mime Jr. and Bonsly are more counterparts of each other than their evos but still... Kinda makes sense if you think about it because Mr. Mime is well, a mime and Sudowoodo mimics trees without being one. Both pokémon resolve around the concept of mimicking/imitating.
I think that being version exclusives already turns the two pokémon into counterparts to some degree...
Regarding Jynx and Electabuzz/Magmar, when people mention their difference in stats or Jynx being dual-typed, they forget about other counterpart pokémon.
For example, Ninetales and Arcanine are version exclusives, fire-type canine pokémon and their pre-evos evolve with a Fire Stone. Yet, Arcanine's BST total is much higher than Ninetales'. And in the Weather trio, Rayquaza is the only one that is dual-typed... There are many other examples...

Suitcune said:
Paddy185 said:
Some more rumours from Mr.XY

http://i.imgur.com/a6xtGcS.png

I guess we have to wait till March 15th to officially confirm that all of these are rumours, that's the date he says the Heracross and Pinsir babies are coming.

Also Houndoomed is one of the most lol worthy names I have ever heard.

I really can't see...don't want Fennekin turning into a Fire-Psychic, maybe Fire-Dark or Fire-Electric. I would love to see a Tyrogue evolution, where the Special Attack has to be greater than Attack and one where Special Defense has to be greater than Defense. Special Attack, Hitmninjo, for ninja, and Special Defense, Hitmonsumo, for sumo wrestler. And one where Special Attack equals Special Defense, Hitmotoreta, which is the ending of well-balanced or balance in Japanese. I didn't see anything about Tyrogue on the rumors however, where Mr. XY only said there would be:

• Kenpoe and Kwondor: (Flying/Fighting)
  • Sydknee: (Fighting, maybe a single one, but they would probably release both at once)
  • Thorhem and Sawkem: (Fighting, obviously Sawk and Throh prediction)
  • Sueyplax and Warhog: (Fighting/Ground)
  • Guardion: (Dragon/Fighting)

Hopefully this isn't the final list, but some of the Pokemon ideas look pretty cool.

Not to mention 4 Dark Type Legendaries...

Gr8Ampharos said:

We had four Fighting-type legendaries in generation V. I recall a group of four animals living in the tree of life in Norse mythology.

This information which this person gives is not just like any other rumor, if it turns out to be false; kudos to him, because a lot of thought has put into this.

Pokequaza said:
Gr8Ampharos said:

We had four Fighting-type legendaries in generation V. I recall a group of four animals living in the tree of life in Norse mythology.

This information which this person gives is not just like any other rumor, if it turns out to be false; kudos to him, because a lot of thought has put into this.

I really don't think it is real, because:
  • Less than 100 new Pokémon.
  • An evo of Sableye but not of Mawile?
  • Why would Flaaffy get a split evo now?
  • Evolving Sawk and Throh makes less sense than giving them a shared prevo, as they seem to be related like the Hitmons.
  • No Z/W Legendary.
  • Too many Prevos/Evos.
  • Houndoomed?
  • Rowan said about 90% of all Pokémon are part of an evolution line, but if what Mr. XY is saying is true, then I'm pretty sure that the total percentage of mon that evolve will be more than 90%.

2nd Gen introduced 8 new prevos of 1st Gen mon and 4th Gen introduced 7 new Prevos of mon from gens 1-3.
It looks like 6th gen will add 11 new prevos, which seems unlikely, since the max amount of prevos were in 2nd and 4th gen, with a total of 8 (Including Riolu).

4th Gen introduced the most amount of evos to previous Pokémon, with a total of 22.
It looks like 6th gen will add 19 new evos.

This is a total of 30 new Pokémon. The same amount that was introduced in 4th Gen.
This leaves only 69 original Pokémon. At least 4th Gen added about 70-80 new mon.

Re: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

Also, I am pretty sure it was stated during the announcenent that there would be OVER 100 new pokemon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Aquapulse said:
Blob55 said:
BTW, why is there ANOTHER Water/Ghost Jellyfish Pokémon?

I'm confused, how do you know it's another jellyfish pokemon?

GJ.png

You can find it here: http://i.imgur.com/J6CFimX.png in the 4th section down.

Please. God. No. Just. No.

I don't like Mr. XY rumors at all. :S
I don't care if there are only 100 new Pokemon. It would
be just like in 2nd gen. But I'm concerned about only 69
original new pokes. I mean that's not a lot. :S

I highly doubt there are going to be only 6 legendaries too.
I wouldn't mind if there wouldn't be a lot of them, but I doubt
Gamefreak would do something like this. I mean, they need
to do events as the time goes on and 6 is just not gonna do it.
Let's say you can get Xerneas and Yveltal just by buying the games.
Then as usual you could somehow get the 3rd pokemon of this group.
Then at least 3 or 2 pokes that you can find in the wild.

Unless these legendaries are gonna have a lot of forms (which I do NOT want),
then I don't see them doing this.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind if the name couldn't be changeable hehe. >:D
My name's Žan which comes from french name Jean. And I use Jean
in every Pokemon game! Muahhaha. :p

I'm going to or not believe this, on march 15th as Mr. XY said.

Blob55 said:
Aquapulse said:
I'm confused, how do you know it's another jellyfish pokemon?

GJ.png

You can find it here: http://i.imgur.com/J6CFimX.png in the 4th section down.

Oh that's so weird, I didn't see that one. Thanks.

(Ditto on that, another Jellyfish? No, just no. Jellicent rocks. I don't want another jellyfish to take the crown.)

Blob55 said:
I really don't think it is real, because:
  • Less than 100 new Pokémon.
  • An evo of Sableye but not of Mawile?
  • Why would Flaaffy get a split evo now?
  • Evolving Sawk and Throh makes less sense than giving them a shared prevo, as they seem to be related like the Hitmons.
  • No Z/W Legendary.
  • Too many Prevos/Evos.
  • Houndoomed?
  • Rowan said about 90% of all Pokémon are part of an evolution line, but if what Mr. XY is saying is true, then I'm pretty sure that the total percentage of mon that evolve will be more than 90%.

2nd Gen introduced 8 new prevos of 1st Gen mon and 4th Gen introduced 7 new Prevos of mon from gens 1-3.
It looks like 6th gen will add 11 new prevos, which seems unlikely, since the max amount of prevos were in 2nd and 4th gen, with a total of 8 (Including Riolu).

4th Gen introduced the most amount of evos to previous Pokémon, with a total of 22.
It looks like 6th gen will add 19 new evos.

This is a total of 30 new Pokémon. The same amount that was introduced in 4th Gen.
This leaves only 69 original Pokémon. At least 4th Gen added about 70-80 new mon.

Well, you cannot expect this game to be the average of every other game. There is a first time for everything. 99 Pokémon does not sound unbelievable, it is just one less than generation 2. For the same reason one could have said that generation 4 was not real because it contained more evolutions than a Pokémon game ever had before. As stated before, multiple Pokémon got an evolution/pre-evolution while their partners did not (Dusclops/Banette for example, even though Banette needed one more than Dusclops), the same goes for Throh and Sawk, they ''seem'' to be related to the hitmons, but they, according to the rumor, get evolutions, and the hitmons did not. I could go on, but as of now there is no reason to say it is definitely false information, the reasons you give seem to be based more on your own wishes than on actual arguments.

PellOfTheTundra said:
Also, I am pretty sure it was stated during the announcenent that there would be OVER 100 new pokemon.

It was never stated, at least not during Nintendo Direct, and I think that was the only time Nintendo officially spoke about the contents of the game (even though that was not much).

Aquapulse said:

(Ditto on that, another Jellyfish? No, just no. Jellicent rocks. I don't want another jellyfish to take the crown.)

Remember that the rumor only states that it is the first stage of a three stage line, which eventually ends up being whale-like. Also, the descriptions given by ''Mr. XY'' are his impressions. The actual Pokémon, if this turns out to be true, might look quite different.

Pokequaza said:
Aquapulse said:

Remember that the rumor only states that it is the first stage of a three stage line, which eventually ends up being whale-like. Also, the descriptions given by ''Mr. XY'' are his impressions. The actual Pokémon, if this turns out to be true, might look quite different.

Yeah, I didn't read it before I posted it. My bad.

Ugh, I just saw the complete list of names he posted and I'm so over this guy. He probably just is posting his own fakedex with the additions of the revealed Pokémon. I mean, he did this RIGHT after the last Corocoro so it would be maximum exposure before he got found out. The evos of Claydol, Houndoom, and Starmie are enough to disprove him, really.

I'm still upset by what Mr. XY is saying about no basic regional bird, I mean, there are TONS of birds out there and XY could of been their chance to introduce European birds.

BTW, basic Rodents not turned into Pokémon yet:
Hamster
Guinea pig
Naked Mole Rat
Gerbil
Porcupine (Chespin may be one).
Capybara
Chipmunk
Pet Mouse or Field Mouse (Rattata is a Rat, Sandshrew is a Pangolin, Cyndaquil is an Echidna, Bidoof is a Beaver and the Pikachu line are based on general Rodents and Lagomorphs).

if the new pre-evos of pinsir and heracross do come out in march that doesnt really mean that the rest of his list is true...maybe he knew those only and made up the rest for more attention...

Re: RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

m7mad133 said:
if the new pre-evos of pinsir and heracross do come out in march that doesnt really mean that the rest of his list is true...maybe he knew those only and made up the rest for more attention...

Or maybe he guessed?

PellOfTheTundra said:
m7mad133 said:

Or maybe he guessed?

Occam's razor. What is more likely, that at least one person in a massive localization project would anonymously leak work to the internet in 2013, or that a fan would happen to correctly guess not only two of the specific pokemon getting pre-evolutions, but also the time in which they're revealed?

Why would you put a date on something like that, with a chance to completely discredit you if you're wrong? A fraud would be more likely to "not have" upcoming date information, because that ensures they get attention for as long as possible.

Re: RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

garbodorable said:
PellOfTheTundra said:
Or maybe he guessed?

Occam's razor. What is more likely, that at least one person in a massive localization project would anonymously leak work to the internet in 2013, or that a fan would happen to correctly guess not only two of the specific pokemon getting pre-evolutions, but also the time in which they're revealed?

Why would you put a date on something like that, with a chance to completely discredit you if you're wrong? A fraud would be more likely to "not have" upcoming date information, because that ensures they get attention for as long as possible.

I put out a second possibility.

Maybe he just guessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back