XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokemon X/Y rumours

Who is to say those formes aren't just Kyurem borrowing the power it once had?

RE: Pokemon X/Y rumours

Still, if I were Kyurem, I'd want ALL of my powers back, not just half of them.

Blob55 said:
Pokequaza said:
I do not know. However, knowing GameFreak, they will add various new mechanics no matter what. Perhaps it was not as difficult as they thought it would have been, had some spare time, and threw some other ideas into the game as well.

Remember when GF said Zoroa would have a unique method of evolving to Zoroark? Remember in Black and White when NPCs said that Reshiram and Zekrom were once one being? Remember thinking Alomomola evolved from Luvdisc? Remember when Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD were known as the first full 3D Pokémon RPGs?

Things change.
I really don't think GF will change much more than the game being in 3D.

Just making a 3D game is not all they are going to do. Every generation added new mechanics as double battles, the dream world, etc. The upgrade from a 2D-like game to a 3D game had to happen anyway, it is on the 3DS after all. Just as the original first generation was in black and white, with the arrival of the GameBoy Color, the upgrade to full colour games had to happen.

Pokequaza said:
Blob55 said:
Remember when GF said Zoroa would have a unique method of evolving to Zoroark? Remember in Black and White when NPCs said that Reshiram and Zekrom were once one being? Remember thinking Alomomola evolved from Luvdisc? Remember when Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD were known as the first full 3D Pokémon RPGs?

Things change.
I really don't think GF will change much more than the game being in 3D.

Just making a 3D game is not all they are going to do. Every generation added new mechanics as double battles, the dream world, etc. The upgrade from a 2D-like game to a 3D game had to happen anyway, it is on the 3DS after all. Just as the original first generation was in black and white, with the arrival of the GameBoy Color, the upgrade to full colour games had to happen.

I know, but try not to get your hopes up. IMO, 5th Gen really didn't add anything that interesting until B2W2.

Gen 5 added the Dream World and Hidden abilities...and a plot How is that not interesting?

PellOfTheTundra said:
Gen 5 added the Dream World and Hidden abilities...and a plot How is that not interesting?

Because, IMO it's not as interesting as PWT, PokéStar Studios, Habitat Mode ect... BW really only added things for Wifi. If you don't have that, you pretty much can't do anything.
I'm just saying, I don't find it interesting to HAVE to use wifi to get most of the Pokémon.

Anyway, we really should get back on topic.

I still wonder why there was no evidence of the original dragon (or Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem combined), It would probably be the most broken thing ever, but why bother dropping hints like that in the first Black and White, they even made the item that was never used called the God Stone.

Back on topic though, I feel like the typings of the Gen VI Legendary Pokemon make no sense seeing as how they were introduced in the trailer, for instance, Xerneas is seen in a forest area while Yvetal is seen in the sky. This could possibly not have anything to do with their types but It probably means that Yvetal is either part flying, or part dragon (I hope it's not a dragon though).

Gr8Ampharos said:
I still wonder why there was no evidence of the original dragon (or Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem combined), It would probably be the most broken thing ever, but why bother dropping hints like that in the first Black and White, they even made the item that was never used called the God Stone.

It wasn't used. You are not supposed to know about it. And you wouldn't if hackers didn't look for unused stuff in the games code.
That is a 0% hint.

For all we know it could simply have been the prototype for the Dark/Light Stone before they decided to use 2 instead and just forgot to erase this one.

If we found an unused ronald mcdonald sprite it, it wouldnt be safe to assume that the sequel will feature a fast food gym either.

Seriously guys. There's probably a good reason it was never used.

For me, it's not so much that it isn't used in the games, it's that it's not in the Animé. If it EXISTED at all, you'd see it in the Keldeo Movie.

Well then I guess the people at GameFreak are to lazy to remove it form their coding

I wouldn't really go by the anime/movies for a lot of the legendary lore though; Kyurem isn't supposed to be changing forms at all without merging with another one of the Taos! Like seriously that movie was pretty inaccurate on the different forms! They probably planned to have just one stone because of the whole "Reshiram and Zekrom being one being once" thing, but then split it so it would match the version-exclusive idea, or they probably scratched it because the story developed in a way that needed two stones. Either that or it was too OP. I mean seriously with a name like GOD STONE how couldn't it be?

On the topic of the rumors...I really hope that the time thing isn't somehow related to the legendary's powers because honestly that would be really boring. Seriously we already have a time-travelling pixie and a time-themed mascot. Using it for the plot would be interesting; maybe they could have Pokemon exclusive to the past because they went extinct or became really rare in the present, and Pokemon that only recently appeared being unavailable in the past??? It would tie in (albeit loosely) with the genetics theme since it could be evolution-themed (I mean the Darwinian type)!
And yes the XY guy also said that there would be different wild Pokemon but he didn't say in what way they were different u_u

Bluh Froakie being a thor thing. I agree with Chespin being some sort of soldier or knight, but otherwise I'm sticking with Fennekin either being a noble(wo)man or Egyptian-themed thing, and Froakie being some kind of wizard/scholar or butler.

And what's so difficult about adding special color palettes for a few Pokemon? All they'd have to do is add a few extra stripes or a recolor, and that's what they'd probably do anyway! Besides, as someone mentioned before, we already have Spinda and its zillion different patterns.

Other than that...the rumors probably aren't true, though you have to give the guy credit for coming up with so much/elaborating on ideas! And by the way, he's updated his story with a whole bunch of new mons.

Thing is, the God Stone is colored grey, just like Kyurem... and with that name, I was expecting a big fusion of Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem that would result in the reappereance of the original dragon, with all its awesomeness and power... Instead, we just got half of it in two variaties and that makes me feel like the Tao trio story was left incomplete... Cause it doesn't make any freakin' sense that Kyurem can only fuse with one at a time!

As I said, Zekrom and Reshiram... SPLIT FROM KYUREM. As in, it doesn't have them anymore. In the anime, it freely changes forms due to it borrowing its once great power.

I was hoping we'd at least get a LITTLE glimpse at the original dragon, but I guess GF decided to cancel that for some reason?? I'm pretty sad about that.
And actually it does. Kyurem is the shell left behind after Resh and Zek split from it, so all it's doing is trying to re-assimilate its halves, even if it has to do so one at a time. I'd expect if it could, it would add the other dragon to itself the instant it came along, but that never happened.

Except it SHOULDN'T be able to borrow the power! In the game it needed DNA Splicers and the presence of the other dragon to fuse with it and get infused with truth/ideals! In the anime it really doesn't make sense since the whole point is that Kyurem is looking for the power it lost. Why would it need to look if it could already borrow that power at a whim? Anyways, this is starting to get off topic.

Luna_Cat16 said:
I was hoping we'd at least get a LITTLE glimpse at the original dragon, but I guess GF decided to cancel that for some reason?? I'm pretty sad about that.
And actually it does. Kyurem is the shell left behind after Resh and Zek split from it, so all it's doing is trying to re-assimilate its halves, even if it has to do so one at a time. I'd expect if it could, it would add the other dragon to itself the instant it came along, but that never happened.

Except it SHOULDN'T be able to borrow the power! In the game it needed DNA Splicers and the presence of the other dragon to fuse with it and get infused with truth/ideals! In the anime it really doesn't make sense since the whole point is that Kyurem is looking for the power it lost. Why would it need to look if it could already borrow that power at a whim? Anyways, this is starting to get off topic.

You think there's any chance of seeing the original dragon in the new Genesect movie coming? I mean, the Kyurem forms were leaked/released before the announcement of BW2 so (I know this is EXTREMELY unlikely) maybe there is a chance to see the original dragon, possibly ending the fight between Plasma and Rocket.

Classic Pokemon getting new evolutions with interesting developments? Electrode evolution? Hmmmmmmm.... :)

evilpacman said:
Classic Pokemon getting new evolutions with interesting developments? Electrode evolution? Hmmmmmmm.... :)

Diglett final evolution =

keV4zSD.png

Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Also, Voltorb and Electrode win Jwittz's award for best design ever. How could you get more creative?

"durr, we got da pokeyman balls to catch Pokémon, so why not make a pokeyman ball Pokémon and you turn it upside down and it evolves durr..."

RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

the person posted another something else... http://i.imgur.com/J6CFimX.png
TBH i dont think(also hoping) they would will include mostly new pre and new evolution and i want a mix of the both...like sinnoh! :D
also i hope that only pinsir gets a pre-evolution and evolution and heracross doesnt D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back