XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokemon X/Y rumours

PellOfTheTundra said:
Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Also, Voltorb and Electrode win Jwittz's award for best design ever. How could you get more creative?

"durr, we got da pokeyman balls to catch Pokémon, so why not make a pokeyman ball Pokémon and you turn it upside down and it evolves durr..."

Dont disrespect the Torb.

Metalizard said:
Thing is, the God Stone is colored grey, just like Kyurem... and with that name, I was expecting a big fusion of Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem that would result in the reappereance of the original dragon, with all its awesomeness and power... Instead, we just got half of it in two variaties and that makes me feel like the Tao trio story was left incomplete... Cause it doesn't make any freakin' sense that Kyurem can only fuse with one at a time!

In the games, we can't see Resh, Zek and Kyu all fused together, because (as I said before) not enough DNA Splicers were made.

Luna_Cat16 said:
In the anime it really doesn't make sense since the whole point is that Kyurem is looking for the power it lost. Why would it need to look if it could already borrow that power at a whim?

Let's just all agree that the Keldeo Movie was a wreck. It doesn't even make any sense in any continuity.

RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

m7mad133 said:
the person posted another something else... http://i.imgur.com/J6CFimX.png
TBH i dont think(also hoping) they would will include mostly new pre and new evolution and i want a mix of the both...like sinnoh! :D
also i hope that only pinsir gets a pre-evolution and evolution and heracross doesnt D:

That list says Starmie (BST 520), Houndoom and Claydol (BST 500) will all get evos. The only two Pokémon with a BST of 500 or more that got evos are Scyther and Porygon2, but in neither was a typical evoltion; Scizor retained the 500 BST and Porygon-Z only has 20 BST more and both have different distributions. Starmie, Houndoom, and Claydol have way too high a BST to get a normal evolution, so the ONLY way this rumor could even be a little bit true is if this guy is saying that Starmie's getting some kind of physically-based or defensively-based evolution (although Starmie itself would no doubt outclass the latter unless the HP is made 115 or something), Houndoom is getting some kind of slower and defensively-oriented or physically-oriented evolution, and Claydol is getting an offensive, faster evolution. They're possible but highly unlikely.

At least Sylveon is Normal.

However the idea that Starmie can evolve, a Pokémon evolving again after it has evolved via an item/trade/etc, has not been seen before (except for Porygon, which was artificial (and weird)).

Mitja said:
If we found an unused ronald mcdonald sprite it, it wouldnt be safe to assume that the sequel will feature a fast food gym either.

Am I the only one who actually wants a fast food gym? Imagine going from table to table battling trainers at each place to advance. Striation city gym sort of touched on that, but I want something else... Like that time the game store for my league was closed, and we spent the day battling at subway! (Subway thing actually happened. Long story)

jynxed said:
m7mad133 said:
TBH i dont think(also hoping) they would will include mostly new pre and new evolution and i want a mix of the both...like sinnoh! :D
also i hope that only pinsir gets a pre-evolution and evolution and heracross doesnt D:

That list says Starmie (BST 520), Houndoom and Claydol (BST 500) will all get evos. The only two Pokémon with a BST of 500 or more that got evos are Scyther and Porygon2, but in neither was a typical evoltion; Scizor retained the 500 BST and Porygon-Z only has 20 BST more and both have different distributions. Starmie, Houndoom, and Claydol have way too high a BST to get a normal evolution, so the ONLY way this rumor could even be a little bit true is if this guy is saying that Starmie's getting some kind of physically-based or defensively-based evolution (although Starmie itself would no doubt outclass the latter unless the HP is made 115 or something), Houndoom is getting some kind of slower and defensively-oriented or physically-oriented evolution, and Claydol is getting an offensive, faster evolution. They're possible but highly unlikely.

Also, why would Sableye get an evo, but not Mawile? They're both version exclusive Pokémon, plus Mawile sorta needs it more.

The only mon I would get evos for are:
Durant
Heatmor
Banette
Audino
Cryogonal
Qwilfish

The only mon I would get prevos for:
Carnivine
Sawk and Throh
A shared prevo for Pokémon like Solrock and Lunatone, Volbeat and Illumise, and Miltank and Tauros.

I really don't think Druddigon needs a prevo/evo, even though it's the only non-legendary Dragon to not get evos.

Re: RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

Blob55 said:
jynxed said:

Also, why would Sableye get an evo, but not Mawile? They're both version exclusive Pokémon, plus Mawile sorta needs it more.

Durant
Heatmor
Banette
Audino
Cryogonal
Qwilfish

Carnivine
Sawk and Throh
A shared prevo for Pokémon like Solrock and Lunatone, Volbeat and Illumise, and Miltank and Tauros.

I really don't think Druddigon needs a prevo/evo, even though it's the only non-legendary Dragon to not get evos.

So you want the prevo to be between Tauros and Miltank, but not BOUFFALANT?

Also, must have Bouffalant evo.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Well the evos and pre-evos don't necessarily have to go hand-in-hand. Jynx got a pre-evo in gen 2 but Mr. Mime didn't until gen 4 and they're basically counterparts and Scyther got an evo in gen 2 but Pinsir still hasn't. Mawile and Sableye are as much a pair as those are. And I never understand why people want pre-evos instead of evos. The only reasoning I could see for having them is so that LC doesn't get something ridiculous like Pinsir if it evolves. Why a Carnivine pre-evo without a Carnivine evo? It's so pointless. Carnivine would much rather evolve.

ok i noticed something else....in the Japanese logo there is a DNA sign
xy_dna.png
what does it mean and where does it fit in the post that "Mr.XY" posted?
or is it referring to the new breeding mechanic?
I am personally hoping it has something to do with the villains of the game(where they experiment with pokemon and they make strange pokemon) but that's just me hoping :(

jynxed said:
Well the evos and pre-evos don't necessarily have to go hand-in-hand. Jynx got a pre-evo in gen 2 but Mr. Mime didn't until gen 4 and they're basically counterparts and Scyther got an evo in gen 2 but Pinsir still hasn't. Mawile and Sableye are as much a pair as those are. And I never understand why people want pre-evos instead of evos. The only reasoning I could see for having them is so that LC doesn't get something ridiculous like Pinsir if it evolves. Why a Carnivine pre-evo without a Carnivine evo? It's so pointless. Carnivine would much rather evolve.

Jynx formed a group with Magmar and Electabuzz, they all could learn an elemental punch, got their pre-evo in the second generation. However Jynx never got an evolution, unlike Magmar and Electabuzz.

Pokequaza said:
jynxed said:

Jynx formed a group with Magmar and Electabuzz, they all could learn an elemental punch, got their pre-evo in the second generation. However Jynx never got an evolution, unlike Magmar and Electabuzz.

Because they were only meant to be a trio conceptually at first, but the idea was scrapped after they made the elemental birds for that job.

So Magmar and Electabuzz became a perfect duo, while Jynx is unqiue in plenty of ways to the point where you could compare it even to Mr.Mime instead and find more similarities lol.

I mean M/E are casual genders, while Jynx is female only
M/E are single type, while Jynx is extra Psychic
M/E are version exclusives in several games, while Jynx has different encounter
M/E have much higher total stats than Jynx
M/E resemble humanoid animals, while Jynx is a special freak show
M/E have their bodies covered in elemental patterns, while Jynx is still a freak show
As you can see, Smoochum and Ice Punch is really the only two things that have actually made it into the game after the trio idea was out the window right at the beginning.

I wasn't surprised that Jynx didn't evolve in gen 4, and if it ever does, it'll not be because of the other 2.

m7mad133 said:
That "RoboMouse" thing sounds awesome! If it really happens, I have the perfect name for it. So does that Tesla Flaaffy thing.

Mitja said:
M/E resemble humanoid animals, while Jynx is a special freak show
M/E have their bodies covered in elemental patterns, while Jynx is still a freak show

They all resemble Japanese mythical creatures, an oni, a karura, and a yuki-onna. But I get your point. I never knew they replaced this trio with the birds.

PellOfTheTundra said:
Blob55 said:

Durant
Heatmor
Banette
Audino
Cryogonal
Qwilfish

Carnivine
Sawk and Throh

Well, Bouffalant is a stand alone Pokémon and I think it's better that way.

Blob55 said:
PellOfTheTundra said:

The other 2 are just as standalone, or is there some implied connection I am not aware of?

Mitja said:
Blob55 said:

The other 2 are just as standalone, or is there some implied connection I am not aware of?

Miltank is 100% female, Tauros is 100% male. They both learn moves at the exact same levels like Electabuzz/Magmar, Legendary Trios, etc (except Tauros learns one more move - Giga Impact - at lv63). They both have 490 BST and they both have 40 SpA and 70 SpD, then the other stats are switched and two differ by 5 points: Miltank 95 HP, Tauros 95 Def; Miltank 100 Spe, Tauros 100 Atk; Miltank 105 Def, Tauros 110 Spe; Miltank 80 Atk, Tauros 75 HP.

Although, Bouffalant is 50/50 male/female and has the same BST as the other two, so it could be seen as a middle ground between the two, but the levels it learns moves are different and the only common bast stat is 40 SpA and Miltank's 95 HP.

jynxed said:
Although, Bouffalant is 50/50 male/female and has the same BST as the other two, so it could be seen as a middle ground between the two, but the levels it learns moves are different and the only common bast stat is 40 SpA and Miltank's 95 HP.

And Tauros' 95 Defense.

The elite four's typing seems rather basic, although the fact that they have shown a clip with a room with lava in it could mean a fire elite four, but the rest i'm not so sure about

jynxed said:

Mr. Mime was never a counterpart to Jynx... Jynx made a trio with Magmar and Electabuzz, even if it doesn't belong to the group anymore (I really think it's unfair Jynx didn't got an evo in Gen IV, I still see them as a trio).
Pinsir still hasn't got an evo and I think it won't anytime soon because even though Scyther got an evo, Pinsir gained a new counterpart in Heracross, which makes more sense, since both are based on types of beetles...

Also, people talking about Bouffalant... Miltank and Taurus are female and male counterparts, period. Bouffalant has no business with those two...

If you guys wanna talk about counterparts (or version exclusives) that got different treatments over time, I mention again the Jynx example; Mantine got a pre-evo but Skarmory didn't; Gloom gained a 2nd evo, but Weepinbell didn't;... there's probably more cases I can't remember now...

Metalizard said:
If you guys wanna talk about counterparts (or version exclusives) that got different treatments over time, I mention again the Jynx example; Mantine got a pre-evo but Skarmory didn't; Gloom gained a 2nd evo, but Weepinbell didn't;... there's probably more cases I can't remember now...

Dusclops got an evo, but Banette didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back