Moderator Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing about post count. If you click on someone's name and view their profile, look at the amount of time spent online. That shows an accurate description of someone's dedication to this site.

Hmmm... I'm just curious Xander but what happened if there were a case in which someone lurked for many years? Lurking hours aren't gonna add on. Check my profile. It's gonna say like 10 hours but I know I've logged more than 200.

This is the way I think about it, post count, Time Spent Online, experience, work on the forums, application strength, and quality of posts are all taken into account in getting a moderator position, just to tell you Ryouki, 200 hours isn't that much. I have logged 775 hours. It seems as though the both of you are fighting over something that should be met halfway.

Warnings and bans are certainly factor, but I don't think over the history of the forums it hasn't been a taboo for mods. IIRC PMJ himself was warned once or twice.

Ryukouki said:
Hmmm... I'm just curious Xander but what happened if there were a case in which someone lurked for many years? Lurking hours aren't gonna add on. Check my profile. It's gonna say like 10 hours but I know I've logged more than 200.

Lurking hours should count as long as they were on the forums instead of the main site. I've got around 136 hours right now and that sounds accurate for me.

Warnings won't do much, just look at dmaster, banned every other month I believe? It may do a little, but it depends on the reason, you guys, this is a pointless argument, you all know WPM isn't looking, right?

Wow.
It's like as soon as something competitive comes up all you guys turn into babies.

I wish luck to all the put a form in, may the best man/woman win.

^That's all yah need to say guys.

This is the way I think about it, post count, Time Spent Online, experience, work on the forums, application strength, and quality of posts are all taken into account in getting a moderator position, just to tell you Ryouki, 200 hours isn't that much. I have logged 775 hours. It seems as though the both of you are fighting over something that should be met halfway.
My thoughts exactly buddy, and I know it doesn't seem like a lot but I'm also elsewhere running other forums and keeping my life together XD

Warnings won't do much, just look at dmaster, banned every other month I believe? It may do a little, but it depends on the reason, you guys, this is a pointless argument, you all know WPM isn't looking, right?
We're actually allowed to discuss these things as long as it doesn't get out of hand. As long as I read dmaster's statement correctly, we can still have our little errrrm discussion XP.

Wow.
It's like as soon as something competitive comes up all you guys turn into babies.

I wish luck to all the put a form in, may the best man/woman win.

^That's all yah need to say guys.
Urrrrgh, I feel like the cause of all of this. Why didn't I just be a good boy and keep my trap shut? D: But anyway, all that aside, I actually enjoy talking with you guys. It sheds light into how I can improve myself on other areas.

Well, I wish you all the best, and if anyone gets a position over me, no hard feelings whatsoever. You've earned it, and good luck in future. :)

I don't really see the importance of signing up or not. I would rather just build up slowly like you should be doing. I mean if you have already done that than good for you enjoy knowing that you have a much higher chance than the rest.

I truly believe that is all that matters. Foundation Foundation Foundation

Hey! I was about to send my form, when I noticed that WPM says the E-Mail's title needs to have an accented "e", for PokeBeach. My E-Mail won't allow me to add one in the E-Mail's title. Is it ok if the title lacks the correct "e"?

Water Pokémon Master said:
Yes it's fine. We're not that anal.
Ok, thanks. I was thinking you had a filter or something that prevented everything but E-mails titled that way from getting through. So I tried to make sure to make everything just right.:)

He was picked to be a Mod a year ago as well lol.

dmaster out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back