Moderator Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many as we might need that are good. XD Umm, we don't really have a goal number to shoot for. We need more than one or two, that's a given.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
As many as we might need that are good. XD Umm, we don't really have a goal number to shoot for. We need more than one or two, that's a given.

dmaster out.

XD, if lots of moderators are hired, then will some of the existing moderators become super mods? (because there are too many mods)

btw congrats for becoming a super mod :p

That sounds possible since we only have like 4 or 5 super mods. I think if, say, 250 people send in application, WPM will probably have to make his basis off of 20-30 really high-profile ones. Again, we're all just going to have to wait and see......8 more hours til the chaos begins!:p

XanderPitz1010 said:
That sounds possible since we only have like 4 or 5 super mods. I think if, say, 250 people send in application, WPM will probably have to make his basis off of 20-30 really high-profile ones. Again, we're all just going to have to wait and see...8 more hours til the chaos begins!:p

20-30 mods seems like to much imo. Maybe 5-10. 20-30 would just end in chaos.

TheDarkLucario said:
20-30 mods seems like to much imo. Maybe 5-10. 20-30 would just end in chaos.

I meant that he'd have to choose from 20-30. He'd probably only accept 4 or 5. lol 30 mods that would be ridiculous.

I feel that some of my friends will all be warning me. It'll be annoying. I'd expect some Verified Sellers to be made mods, as WPM already knows they're responsible.

I agree. If there were 30 mods-or-so there would probably be a LOT of conflicts, not only between mods and members, but between mods and other mods too. Everyone would be involved in a flame war, get banned, de-modded, etc. It would just be carnage. I don't think WPM is that silly! :p

Also good luck to everyone that applies! There are only 30 5-10 places available.

10-15 mods sounds reasonable to me.
Also, I think I left something out- iirc, I think it was to link to something where I provided help to another member. Would you like me to resend my application or should I just forget about it by now?

Blue Thunder said:
Amt is right lol. I'd say four to six, with six being an absolute maximum.

6 seems like a positive number. I think 3 people will be chosen.

I also feel sorry for the 240 people who will not be chosen :[

omahanime said:
I wonder if anyone joined to put in an application?

I would believe so. That really makes me mad that some noob with improper grammar and no prior forum experience is clogging WPM mailbox.

This reminds me of when everyone joined PB just to post one thing on B/W and then fade into darkness.

TheDarkLucario said:
I would believe so. That really makes me mad that some noob with improper grammar and no prior forum experience is clogging WPM mailbox.

This reminds me of when everyone joined PokéBeach just to post one thing on B/W and then fade into darkness.

What if they were internet veterans, who modded many other sites, and is and avid Pokemon fan able to dedicate a lot of time?

1) You don't know if a "noob" is qualified or not, and
2) You don't know WPM and you should stop acting like its such a strain for him to look through applications that will help his site. If he didn't want to, he wouldn't have made this an option.

What if they were internet veterans, who modded many other sites, and is and avid Pokemon fan able to dedicate a lot of time?

Hey, thank you for describing me! :) And Dark Lucario, post count means NOTHING. It's what's in the application that counts.

Ryukouki said:
Hey, thank you for describing me! :) And Dark Lucario, post count means NOTHING. It's what's in the application that counts.
Yes it does? Post count represents your activity, so it does count. Just not much.

Well let me ask you this: would you prefer a user who has 25 quality posts or a spammer with a thousand crappy posts getting a moderator position? Yeah sure, post count has a SMALL effect, but in the long run, it doesn't say much. All someone needs to do is go straight to someone's profile and just look up past postings on the forum.

Bulbabuddy said:

1) You don't know if a "noob" is qualified or not, and
2) You don't know WPM and you should stop acting like its such a strain for him to look through applications that will help his site. If he didn't want to, he wouldn't have made this an option.

If something is a better idea for picking members out, it would be more vital to the site. Improving this place is the best thing a Admin can do so it's better for everyone. Also, it is as some people who are signing up have terrible grammer and are n00bs. So, it's hard for WPM to look through all these long applications. I'm pretty sure though Zack will be helping him too though.

Ryukouki said:
I never said anything on post count ._. I understand your active and are a 'Lurker', not being offensive or anything. My post never was meant to offend you or other 'Lurkers', and I never said anything on post counts, so please do not make up something for a reason to bash me. My point was many people are joining simply send in a application. Just like many people are joining PB to post a opinion on B/W.

I never said anything on post count ._. I understand your active and are a 'Lurker', not being offensive or anything. My post never was meant to offend you or other 'Lurkers', and I never said anything on post counts, so please do not make up something for a reason to bash me. My point was many people are joining simply send in a application. Just like many people are joining PokéBeach to post a opinion on B/W.

Nahhhhhh, I'm not bashing at all. I'm just saying that in the end, post count means very little. Gotta read in between the lines. No worries, I love my lurker status lol. And yeah, the amount of people joining just to send an app is horrendous. They'd better hope to have a solid resume on their hands or it's curtains for that dream. And as you may know I was a member in February this year, though I've known about PB since its early debut. I'm quite happy where I am, but adding to my resume going into college wouldn't hurt ^_^ I'm really sorry if you took my statements that way, I was just proving a point. I had no intention of hurting your feelings or whatnot. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back