Moderator Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
PokéBeach is gearing up for major changes and we'll need active, passionate, and hard workers to make this possible. Unprecedented on PokéBeach, we have decided to allow members to submit applications to become moderators. Our philosophy regarding who should be mods has changed - rather than surprising helpful people with a moderator position, we feel we should treat the selection process more like a job interview. There are bound to be many hard workers out there who we have not noticed so now is your chance to tell us about yourself!

If you are interested in applying for a moderator position, please fill-out this moderator application and e-mail it to [email protected] as an attachment. You must title the e-mail "PB Moderator Position" or we will not receive it. Your application is 100% confidential. All applications that show promise will be followed up with an instant message interview from WPM or Shining Raikou. Feel free to ask questions about the application in this forum thread.

Rules: All applications must be submitted by Saturday at midnight PDT. You may NOT apply for a moderation position if you are under the age of 13 due to COPPA laws, which prevent us from collecting information from children 12 and under. This means we will only accept moderators 13 and up. If you don't get the position and show disrespect, whine, or beg to be a mod we will automatically disqualify you from ever becoming a staff member. Remember, it's like a job interview. You don't flip the table over if you don't get the job. If you have worked on PokéBeach before you must still submit this application.

Note: You must have AIM or Skype (MSN or Yahoo IM is acceptable but not preferred) at the time of the interview. This is a requirement.

So if we fail once, we can never apply again? That seems a little harsh.

Still, I like the idea. Hopefully this can improve the quality of the forums.

YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!! This is a great idea because I have been noticing that the Pokebeach has very little staff members right now. Also it says under 13 does that include the age of 13? Just curious.

If you don't get the position, show disrespect, whine, or beg to be a mod we will automatically disqualify you from ever becoming a staff member.

What I mean is, is that if we apply to be a mod, and we don't get the job, then does that mean that we can't apply in the future? or is it that if we complain about not getting the job, does that mean we can never be mods?

Okay, thanks for that. I can't wait for phase 3. Was Phase 1 the forum reorganization? This is so exciting...

Anybody is elligible, as long as you're 13+.

dmaster out.

sturtle said:
Okay, thanks for that. I can't wait for phase 3. Was Phase 1 the forum reorganization? This is so exciting...
Yeah, phase one is the reorganization. It's still in progress though, as is this phase two.

P0rygon-z said:
Sadly, i do know i just joined this month, but would people like me still be eligable?
You could try if you have some outstanding qualities, but people who have more experience with PB will most likely be ahead of you.

Sure, thanks. i will fill it out anyways, i guess. i mean, in my first month, ive gotten almost a hundred posts. ^^ And i like it here.... Being a mod would be cool, but being a member is good too. :] Thanks

ha, that quiz is basically the same four questions with different wording over and over:
are you responsible?
do you like being alone?
are you affected by others emotions?
do you do things conventionally?

is this just like a "do you contradict yourself a lot?" quiz? you know, to see if we check yes on "You prefer meeting in small groups to interaction with lots of people" and no on "You prefer to spend your leisure time alone
or relaxing in a tranquil family atmosphere"?

LORDY JONES said:
ha, that quiz is basically the same four questions with different wording over and over:
are you responsible?
do you like being alone?
are you affected by others emotions?
do you do things conventionally?

is this just like a "do you contradict yourself a lot?" quiz? you know, to see if we check yes on "You prefer meeting in small groups to interaction with lots of people" and no on "You prefer to spend your leisure time alone
or relaxing in a tranquil family atmosphere"?
Those are not the main questions. I wouldn't apply if you couldn't determine what we were asking for. #2 and 4 are nowhere in the application and #3 is only slightly touched upon. #1 is a general expectation of any job application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back