Finished Mafia XL: Age of Piracy: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a partial claim from me.
You’re Captain Jack Sparrow, and you’re aligned with The Motley Crew. Often recognized as the most infamous pirate in the Caribbean, you sail these waters with a keen eye and a drunken stagger. Your greatest love is the sea, seconded only by your ship, the Black Pearl.

Passive Ability: Pirate Lord of the Caribbean
You’re one of the Pirate Lords of the Brethren Court, the council of the most successful pirates during piracy’s golden age. You may speak to your fellow Pirate Lords in the separately sent QuickTopic.

<snip> (Helps out scum more than town in this scenario)

Active Ability: Captain of the Ship
It’s your ship; that makes you captain! That means you can order everyone around, and they have to do what you say! Each Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the names of two players. If the first player uses any Abilities that Night, the Abilities will be redirected to the second player.

Active Ability: Piece of Eight
As a Pirate Lord, you hold a piece of eight; a trinket that is the symbol of your power. On Night 0, you will be given a list of three pieces of eight. You must choose one of them for your own. On Night 1, you must PM the hosts the name of a player (except one of the other members of the Brethren Court). You will pass your piece of eight to that player.

Win Condition: All threats to the Motley Crew are eliminated.
And for my Piece of Eight Ability:
Ye be one of the famed Pirate Lords, rulers of the Brethren Court. And, of course, you must bring with ye the symbol of your power. Ye must choose one of these three items to take with you upon this voyage as your piece of eight. Each does something, but of course, ye don’t know what.
  • Siamese Coin Trinket
  • Broken Bottleneck
  • Pair of Spectacles
I'll be taking the Siamese Coin Trinket!
You received an Item:

Item: Siamese Coin Trinket
This is a piece of eight, one of the trinkets said in lore to symbolize power. As long as you hold it, your vote weight is +1.

You must pass this item the first Night after you receive it.

Here's a bit more of a role reveal for you all:
You’re Hector Barbossa, and you’re aligned with The Motley Crew. A while back, you were cursed by a chest of Aztec gold, along with your entire crew. Only Jack was left out of it, probably because he was off doing who-knows-what on that forsaken island you marooned him on. Well, all water under the brig, as they say, right?

Passive Ability: Pirate Lord of the Caspian Sea
You’re one of the Pirate Lords of the Brethren Court, the council of the most successful pirates during piracy’s golden age. You may speak to your fellow Pirate Lords in the separately sent QuickTopic.

Passive Ability: Cursed Gold
[Snip]

Passive Ability: At the First Chance
You’re well known for your careful planning, but you’ve never been one to wait for the opportune moment––you make your own opportune moments! At the beginning of Day 1, you will receive a Random Ability (which will not display as either Passive or Active).

Active Ability: Captain’s Orders
[Snip]

Active Ability: Piece of Eight
As a Pirate Lord, you hold a piece of eight; a trinket that is the symbol of your power. On Night 0, you will be given a list of three pieces of eight. You must choose one of them for your own. On Night 1, you must PM the hosts the name of a player (except one of the other members of the Brethren Court). You will pass your piece of eight to that player.

Active Ability: [Snip]

Random Ability: He's a Pirate
You're a bloody pirate; a scallywag. For Day 1 only, you must include the word "Arrrgh!" in each post you make. You may not claim or otherwise hint at having this Ability. Abiding by this Ability will grant you a buff for Day 2.

The scum have no need to know my version of Cursed Gold and scum knowing the snipped active ability is very dangerous to the town. I will reveal Captain's Orders when I use it, which will be tomorrow at the latest.

Camo has also behaved somewhat strangely (For example, he believes that lord's death somehow means that Keeper can now be lynched).
Also, yes I'm pretty sure that KoN can be lynched now but I'm not worried enough about the indie to risk it.
Pffft naw. The moment I can die, I will die. So long as the one in possession of my chest is alive, I'll be sticking around. But once they die, so will I.

Though I could be lying, so by all means do your worst. I'm just watchin' from over here, rootin' for scum. Town doesn't deserve this win.

Pffft naw. The moment I can die, I will die. So long as the one in possession of my chest is alive, I'll be sticking around. But once they die, so will I.

Though I could be lying, so by all means do your worst. I'm just watchin' from over here, rootin' for scum. Town doesn't deserve this win.
Does this mean that you are Davy Jones?

Sorry for the inactivity guys, I've been hella busy. It's not the same subbing into a game this late on; I really don't have my bearings straight so I don't have much motivation either. :(

I think NP looks super townie. Camo, too. Partial claiming is something which scum are usually too afraid to do, and from a brief scan of the thread it looks like both have done so. As a result, I'm gonna ##VOTE: Blakers, because they both agreed that one of the three are probably scum.

My claim:
You’re Elizabeth Swann, and you’re aligned with The Motley Crew. The life of a young woman in the Caribbean was not an easy one, even before you turned pirate. Your father, the governor Weatherby Swann, once tried to marry you off to a British commodore! Men! Well, you’re in command of your own life now, and good riddance to Port Royal.

Active Ability: Royal Pardon
You may have turned pirate, but your name still carries a measure of control in the King’s ports. Once per Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a player (excluding you). If that person were to be lynched during the following Day, there will be no lynch. If this Ability successfully prevents a lynch, it cannot be used again.

Active Ability: Pirate Medallion
In your youth, while sailing with your father, you came across a young boy clinging to an old bit of Aztec gold. You’re not sure what it does, but you’ve heard enough legends about cursed gold to want no part of it. On Night 0, you must PM the hosts the name of a player. You will pass the Pirate Medallion to that player.

To top it all off, I'm low power too. Probably just as well; I'm not paying too much attention. :p

My gut here is telling me to vote @rainyman123

He has not posted a single thing during this "Day 6" and its MYLO so its pretty absurd to not post a single thing.

Again, I believe I heard that he was busy or something but even then its kinda ridiculous to not make a single post especially being online Pokebeach so often.

My claim:
You’re Elizabeth Swann, and you’re aligned with The Motley Crew. The life of a young woman in the Caribbean was not an easy one, even before you turned pirate. Your father, the governor Weatherby Swann, once tried to marry you off to a British commodore! Men! Well, you’re in command of your own life now, and good riddance to Port Royal.

Active Ability: Royal Pardon
You may have turned pirate, but your name still carries a measure of control in the King’s ports. Once per Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a player (excluding you). If that person were to be lynched during the following Day, there will be no lynch. If this Ability successfully prevents a lynch, it cannot be used again.

Active Ability: Pirate Medallion
In your youth, while sailing with your father, you came across a young boy clinging to an old bit of Aztec gold. You’re not sure what it does, but you’ve heard enough legends about cursed gold to want no part of it. On Night 0, you must PM the hosts the name of a player. You will pass the Pirate Medallion to that player.

The first ability seems powerful on scum, though useful too. It is worth noting that Vrac passed me the Medallion Night 1, which I don't think a scum would do.
However, Celever had terrible reasoning for the rest of this post. It almost seems like he searched for a way to find Camo as town. It is also a weird modkill dodge right there.

If Rainy is letting the town down by not posting at all, then shame on him. I do not want to guess between Camo and Blakers (though I'm leaning towards Blakers as scum) and I also don't wish to guess between Celever and TAE (I'm starting to lean towards Celever). KoN has convinced me he is truly an indie, and I have a guess as to the person who has the chest. Finally, if scattered has really survived two kills as scum, I'll be shocked. I'll be voting for Rainy shortly.

The first ability seems powerful on scum, though useful too. It is worth noting that Vrac passed me the Medallion Night 1, which I don't think a scum would do.
However, Celever had terrible reasoning for the rest of this post. It almost seems like he searched for a way to find Camo as town. It is also a weird modkill dodge right there.

If Rainy is letting the town down by not posting at all, then shame on him. I do not want to guess between Camo and Blakers (though I'm leaning towards Blakers as scum) and I also don't wish to guess between Celever and TAE (I'm starting to lean towards Celever). KoN has convinced me he is truly an indie, and I have a guess as to the person who has the chest. Finally, if scattered has really survived two kills as scum, I'll be shocked. I'll be voting for Rainy shortly.

What makes you think that those are pairs of 1 town and 1 scum?

For all I know, both Camo and Blakers can be both scum; the only thing I know is that I am not scum (although in others' view you can say the same thing about both me and Celever being scum and the other 2 not).

But what makes you think those are pairs of 1 scum/1 town?

Targets of ability?
April 8th ~ NP
April 15th ~ NP

Those are all the results I can find. It looks like Jesi never actually used the role. :/
This post rubs me up the wrong way. Like, a lot. IDK if NP is confotown or something, since no attention has been being thrown his way at all, but there are some quotes here which make the reader fill in the blanks, while being just ambiguous enough for NP to be able to say "oh but I didn't actually accuse him!"
The first ability seems powerful on scum, though useful too
This makes it seem like a scummy ability, when in reality the fact that it's super powerful on scum probably is subtle towncred. From a scan, this game looks kinda low powered, so I don't see why such a useful scum ability would be in the game when the town don't have as much in their arsenal.
It is also a weird modkill dodge right there.
Once again this is quite accusative, when in reality it is affiliation-neutral. No one wants to be modkilled, and it hurts the player's faction, town or scum.

I don't necessarily think that NP is scum, just the phrasing of his posts is really strange. It's the classic scum tactic of puppet mastering lynches by throwing accusations into the minds of players but being distant and ambiguous enough so as to not actually take responsibility for the reasoning yourself.
It would be a very strange hosting decision to give me a QT with two scum.
But not an unbalanced one. Assumptions like this lose games. You have to analyse every option. Otherwise, town gets tripped up.
Maybe I haven't been reading enough, but what exactly is your reason for voting Rainy in MYLO? Policy lynches are fine on day 3 or 4, but in MYLO, policy lynches can very easily be the nail in a coffin. :/

Wow. I just "quoted" posts with spoiler tags.

I've been doing too much forum admin. That uses spoilers a lot, and got me into a bit of a habit. >_>

And I stand by my logic. Scum have been lynched for being awkward with claiming so many times that they avoid it like the plague. As a result, if you got the guts to be an awkward claimer and you're scum, you're either incredibly foolhardy or smart. While Camo is both things, his meta is to gambit when his back's against the wall as scum and whenever the hell he wants as town; judging by the striking green-ness of the player list in the OP, it looks like scum aren't exactly cornered here. :/

Probably in part thanks to assumptions like NP made above. :L

Maybe I haven't been reading enough, but what exactly is your reason for voting Rainy in MYLO? Policy lynches are fine on day 3 or 4, but in MYLO, policy lynches can very easily be the nail in a coffin. :/
Scattered has survived two kills, Keeper seems to be an indie, you and TAE have something that appears to potentially somewhat clear you, and Camo/Blakers is a tossup. Rainy is the only remaining option, and he has been nothing like normal Rainy. If we don't lynch Rainy today, you and TAE are the only others I'm comfortable lynching.
The first ability seems powerful on scum, though useful too
This makes it seem like a scummy ability, when in reality the fact that it's super powerful on scum probably is subtle towncred. From a scan, this game looks kinda low powered, so I don't see why such a useful scum ability would be in the game when the town don't have as much in their arsenal.
For me, it was a townie thing. It may have come across differently, but I tried to phrase the post in the format of: The role looks town, but the actions along with it seem scummy.
It is also a weird modkill dodge right there.
Once again this is quite accusative, when in reality it is affiliation-neutral. No one wants to be modkilled, and it hurts the player's faction, town or scum.
In Jesi's game, IE, Skyleaf, and Luis (I think) were posting at the 11th hour to dodge the modkill, and were all scum. From what I've seen, townies generally don't put themselves in a position where they must post late in the day to dodge the modkill. Instead, potentially modkilled townies generally don't post at all near the end of the day.
But not an unbalanced one. Assumptions like this lose games. You have to analyse every option. Otherwise, town gets tripped up.
You have a very good point on this. It's at least worth looking into that possibility, however unlikely it may be.

Scattered has survived two kills, Keeper seems to be an indie, you and TAE have something that appears to potentially somewhat clear you, and Camo/Blakers is a tossup. Rainy is the only remaining option, and he has been nothing like normal Rainy. If we don't lynch Rainy today, you and TAE are the only others I'm comfortable lynching.

Isn't this kind of contradictory to say that you both have something that can potentially provide that you are somewhat town yet you two are also the only two I would not mind lynching if we don't lynch the inactive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back