Finished Mafia XL: Age of Piracy: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I assume what happened was Jade submitted looking for Ninja Pengun asked to sub out, then Reinforce made a new submission, and the new submission counted and the old one didn't count.

In the private PM thing I only received 2 confirmations of the actions being confirmed.

Cyber submitted the first action April 2nd which I assume is Night 1?
Yer first guess at the identity of Davy Jones is scattered mind.

Cyber submitted the second action April 6th, but then subbed out and Reinforce submitted April 7th, so I assume they are both Night 2?
(This is just a confirmation PM; you’re not learning anything other than that your action wasn’t blocked.)
Yer second guess at the identity of Davy Jones is double o squirtle.

(This is just a confirmation PM; you’re not learning anything other than that your action wasn’t blocked.)

And then Night 3 was when Reinforce didn't submit anything else hence why you see that message?

That would make more sense lol. Sorry for me not reading my role not carefully, despite the fact that I found out it was complete junk which was what I thought I needed to know.

The hosts also confirmed my role was useless :U

TBF yer lack of actives comes from the lack of active players fulfilling the role. :U

Ye did absolutely nothin’ this Night. Normally I’d be callin’ ye a lazy landlubber, but I s’pose it be no fault of yer own. Have a, uh, metaphor’cal cookie, I guess? With a nice bottle o’ rum? ^.^

Active Ability: Captain of the Ship
It’s your ship; that makes you captain! That means you can order everyone around, and they have to do what you say! Each Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the names of two players. If the first player uses any Abilities that Night, the Abilities will be redirected to the second player.

@Hosts could this ability redirect the NK?

If it does, please redirect the night kill to me and use me as a human shield ^.^

Errr... I meant Night 2, since thats when jade subbed out...

this no edit rule makes my mistakes clog up the thread with posts >.>
This looks a lot like a slip. RF was Active in the thread N2; there's no way he would have missed it. Also, Blakers is right in that you could not have gotten 3 results while still missing one. Finally, you were Cypher, not Jade.
There's one thing that's still confusing me: LC's role. Bootstrap Bill is almost guaranteed to be in this game as a real role.
@Hosts Would you include the "or the person with Role as a safeclaim" clause in a role where the role is a safeclaim? If the answer is yes, the only thought I have is that Bootstrap Bill is an indie.

Active Ability: Captain of the Ship
It’s your ship; that makes you captain! That means you can order everyone around, and they have to do what you say! Each Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the names of two players. If the first player uses any Abilities that Night, the Abilities will be redirected to the second player.

@Hosts could this ability redirect the NK?
Aye, such an Ability could indeed redirect the nightkill.

This looks a lot like a slip. RF was Active in the thread N2; there's no way he would have missed it. Also, Blakers is right in that you could not have gotten 3 results while still missing one. Finally, you were Cypher, not Jade.
There's one thing that's still confusing me: LC's role. Bootstrap Bill is almost guaranteed to be in this game as a real role.
@Hosts Would you include the "or the person with Role as a safeclaim" clause in a role where the role is a safeclaim? If the answer is yes, the only thought I have is that Bootstrap Bill is an indie.
We've included that clause where it's appropriate to include that clause, and left it out where it isn't. Though, uh, I'm not totally sure what you're asking, so if you wanna clarify I might be able to give a better answer. n.n;

No.

He missed the N3 submission. Read above. my thought was that the N2 submission was the one that Cyphers was overridden, or at least I think.

Hence why I never got confirmation from the hosts about "You investigated NP" or something along that line, but theres no way I can prove that I didn't get something, besides a screenshot, which I think is banned anyways.

Jade Cypher I get them confused, thats my bad whatever. Im bad with usernames, but u can look at it like its scummy, whatever floats ur boat.

Aye, such an Ability could indeed redirect the nightkill.

We've included that clause where it's appropriate to include that clause, and left it out where it isn't. Though, uh, I'm not totally sure what you're asking, so if you wanna clarify I might be able to give a better answer. n.n;

Hes asking if you provided a safeclaim for mafia that has the same name or different name as the role of the person.

So for example, he wants to know if Bill can be a safeclaim AND a real role.

You can basically look at any post negatively if you want, but all I was doing is trying to provide everyone with more information here to work with as I will never have any other information to work with due to my useless role.

If someone has something that checked me during the night, maybe they can confirm or something, but otherwise I got nothing else to provide so I dunno what else to comment.

My two cents were that since Camoclone can redirect the kill, he can redirect the thing to kill me instead of a possible useful town member that might actually get new information during the night.

But if that doesn't work for whatever reason, then theres not much I can contribute outside of all the known information on this thread which Im sure the people that were not subbed knows 20x better than me. I know I am town, maybe NP doesn't think so, so good for him because townies are apparently are not humans and cannot make honest mistakes for not being in touch with the game :)

Well, I claimed, I basically gave the entire story of my role to everyone out here so maybe someone else can provide new information, cause I got no more to provide cause I basically quoted every single reply in the role chat thing.

I think Mass claim is a good idea- It's Mylo and the doctor is dead so...

You’re Edward Teague, and you’re aligned with The Motley Crew. The father of the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow, you’ve risen to almost legendary status among pirates. The few who have met you always ask questions about your various escapades. Your answer? Sea turtles, mate.

Passive Ability: Living Legend
Your reputation has earned you many advantages in life. Here on this expedition is no different. You may vote twice during the Day without unvoting in between. (If you vote for separate people, and then unvote one of them, you must specify who you unvote.) If both your votes are on a player when they are lynched, this Ability will lock.

Active Ability: Lord of Madagascar
You may not be one of the Brethren Court, but you’re still the Pirate Lord of Madagascar, and that means you know some things. Each Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. You will be told whether that player had an Item this Night, and if so, whom they passed it to.

Active Ability: Current Keeper
[LOCKED]
Unlocks when you are the Keeper of the Code.

Win Condition: All threats to the Motley Crew are eliminated.

@Celever - Where are you?

I have no objection to a mass claim but due to the nature of my role I want to keep its specific details under wraps until everyone has claimed.

I know I am town, maybe NP doesn't think so, so good for him because townies are apparently are not humans and cannot make honest mistakes for not being in touch with the game :)
Did TAE ever ATE as scum? I don't think he ever did.

I'll claim, but there will be a fair amount of abilities I remove for now. I'll reveal most of them as other begin to claim.
You’re Hector Barbossa, and you’re aligned with The Motley Crew. A while back, you were cursed by a chest of Aztec gold, along with your entire crew. Only Jack was left out of it, probably because he was off doing who-knows-what on that forsaken island you marooned him on. Well, all water under the brig, as they say, right?

Passive Ability: Pirate Lord of the Caspian Sea
[Redacted]

Passive Ability: [Redacted]

Passive Ability: At the First Chance
You’re well known for your careful planning, but you’ve never been one to wait for the opportune moment––you make your own opportune moments! At the beginning of Day 1, you will receive a Random Ability (which will not display as either Passive or Active).

Active Ability: Captain’s Orders
[Redacted]

Active Ability: Piece of Eight
As a Pirate Lord, you hold a piece of eight; a trinket that is the symbol of your power. On Night 0, you will be given a list of three pieces of eight. You must choose one of them for your own. On Night 1, you must PM the hosts the name of a player (except one of the other members of the Brethren Court). You will pass your piece of eight to that player.

Active Ability: [Redacted]

Random Ability: He's a Pirate
You're a bloody pirate; a scallywag. For Day 1 only, you must include the word "Arrrgh!" in each post you make. You may not claim or otherwise hint at having this Ability. Abiding by this Ability will grant you a buff for Day 2.

My three items I could choose were the Wooden Eyeball, Brandy Goblet, and Queen of Spades. This is what gave me suspicion about mord's role.
P.S. Don't worry about me claiming He's a Pirate. Jabber said this:
A couple questions:
Is it illegal to claim/hint at this ability after Day 1?
Does the Arrrgh need to have the exclamation point at the end?
No, ye can claim after Day 1 if you wish.

Yes, ye have to include the exclamation point. A true pirate would put conviction into it! >:L

How do you become "Keeper of the Code"? Is it referring to an item called code or something? Or is it a role? ._.
You’re Henry Morgan, and you’re aligned with The Motley Crew. Back in the eighteenth century, you and your fellow Pirate Lord Bartholomew Roberts set forth the Pirata Codex, a written form of the Code of the Brethren. You’re not quite sure how you’re still alive. Must have something to do with all that alchemy stuff you dabbled in, eh?

Passive Ability: Keep to the Code
At any point during the Day, if a Keeper of the Code votes for you, that player’s vote weight will be set to 0 for the rest of the Day.

Active Ability: Foresight
Something to do with all that alchemy has left its mark. It seems you’ve gained a measure of power over the future––not enough to change it, but enough to see that which normally cannot be seen. Once per Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. You will be told their alignment. You cannot use this Ability if it you used it successfully during the previous Night.

Active Ability: Legacy
On Night 0, and after a Keeper of the Code dies, you must PM the hosts the name of a player (excluding yourself), who will become the Keeper of the Code.

As you can see here, Drac designated one of us as the Keeper of Night the Code.

When it comes to the lynch today, here are my updated thoughts. Celever is basically confirmed to be Elizabeth Swann (based on LC's results) and TAE is Bootstrap Bill. We shouldn't lynch either of them today. The hosts said they would provide the "or the player with Role X as a safeclaim" if it was necessary. That was not provided on LC's role. In addition, neither or those roles could ever be part of the East India Company (Elisabeth might be based on her upbringing, but it seems highly unlikely). Instead, let's focus on Rainy. If a suspected townie with no role-based clearing doesn't speak on MYLO, the town basically deserves to lose.
P.S. After Rainy flips scum, Camo/Blakers and KoN are the remaining scum (though it can't hurt to reexamine Celever and TAE at that point). I know I'm town, scattered has survived two kills, and Celever and TAE are mostly confirmed town by LC's role.
P.P.S. If Blakers is Elisabeth Swann, Celever is the best lynch. @Blakers Are you Elisabeth Swann?

When it comes to the lynch today, here are my updated thoughts. Celever is basically confirmed to be Elizabeth Swann (based on LC's results) and TAE is Bootstrap Bill. We shouldn't lynch either of them today. The hosts said they would provide the "or the player with Role X as a safeclaim" if it was necessary. That was not provided on LC's role. In addition, neither or those roles could ever be part of the East India Company (Elisabeth might be based on her upbringing, but it seems highly unlikely). Instead, let's focus on Rainy. If a suspected townie with no role-based clearing doesn't speak on MYLO, the town basically deserves to lose.
P.S. After Rainy flips scum, Camo/Blakers and KoN are the remaining scum (though it can't hurt to reexamine Celever and TAE at that point). I know I'm town, scattered has survived two kills, and Celever and TAE are mostly confirmed town by LC's role.
P.P.S. If Blakers is Elisabeth Swann, Celever is the best lynch. @Blakers Are you Elisabeth Swann?
I want to hear every players' opinion on this.

I've seen three players look at this thread since I posted. Please speak. We have less than 30 hours left, and we'll need to pick the correct lynch option and potentially outvote the scum in that time.

Without considering inactives, it's either TAE or Camoclone.

I say this because I have no intention in lynching inactives. If we are to lose because the scum team were silent and got away with that- that is not the town's fault.

Anyway, Camo's ability to redirect stuff matches the thing Lord talked about the monkey. That is the only lead I have. It also matches the idea that the scum team must have been trying to manipulate and ignite the interest in lynching Lord after I brought it up. It also matches the insane push on Keeper's lynch, a perfect chance to set the town up and get town cred.

My vote goes to Camoclone if nothing comes up on TAE. The others I'm just not going to pretend are actually part of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back