News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Holy Golisopod Batman. That monster is coming for the meta. Field Blower might turn from a 1-2 of card into a 3-4 of card if they keep putting out insane tool cards.

aside from item lock only thing I can think of to use muscle dumbbells and not worry about field blower is ancient trait barrier of which the only stage 1 I find is magcargo PRC 24 which would need a lot of support to be useable (sunny day lurantis)

Definitely not horrible but hard to choose over Choice Band

No. It's easy to choose Choice Band over this so long as Field Blower is in format.

As long as you save Choice Band until you are ready to deal damage to an EX/GX (and hopefully get the KO), you will ALWAYS get an extra 30 damage. Even if your opponent plays a Field Blower, you still dealt that extra damage.

You can't do the same with this card. If you attach MDB to your Pokemon, your opponent could just play a Field Blower before they attack, completely negating the benefit of the card. Even if your opponent can't find a Field Blower immediately, they can just Lysandre up something they can KO(ignoring your extra HP), or just attack anyway and hope to hit a Field Blower later to get a KO off of an Item.

Twilight GX? Omg Edward Cullen confirmed

Btw, very poor ability... and pretty meh attack, very situational

Wow, they certainly do love Gardevoir at tpci.. I get that the Steam Siege card was because of the movie but this one? Simply because Gardevoir 'never' gets boring? I disagree.. Show some love to other mons!

If Stage Twos have more support, this could be a great Garbodor GRI check with that GX attack. Burn through all your items in one turn to set up and return all of them back into your deck.

Is SM3 just the "let's recycle all of our overdone Pokemon again!" set now?

Oh well, it was bound to happen, I guess.(I never really cared much anyways, I just kind of find it amusing that they're already going back to that. Oh well at least it's more GX cards I can slap into my ever-growing collection of the things.)

Last edited:
A new Gardevoir already? They sure aren't wasting any time getting the popular Pokemon back out again.

I'm interested in the moves for this Pokemon though. Could be a really interesting one to try out. Low damage output is pretty concerning for a 2nd stage Pokemon. But attaching an extra energy per turn? Who knows, it might end up being decent.

Love the artwork, for starters. Beaut. As for the card, good HP, great ability (free attachments are always good!), low energy requirements for great attacks (both reg & GX), and a Fairy to boot!

This'll be a useful thing to look at as I try to build a deck dedicated to Fairies. Low & behold, until Sylveon, the only top Fairy decks since rotation don't really focus on their "fairiness" that much (M Gar needs Shaymin, Hoopa, ect; Rainbow Xerneas needs all the types). It'll be fun to try and build a true Fairy deck again. :3

Also, for anyone complaining about another Gardevoir: I could understand that sentiment... if it weren't a fairy type. New Flash: there's only 4 different stage 2 Fairy types in existence: Gardevoir, Florges, Primarina, And Togekiss. The other 3-evo-line Fairies from the games are Stage 1s in the TCG due to baby forms. Not a lot to choose from.

I don't see it.

Infinite Force doesn't seem like the sort of attack that actually has that many opportunities to throw down big numbers – let's say you switch in on an Active with 3 Energy attached, and in the same turn attach an Energy *and* use Gardevoir's ability to attach an [F] so you have 2 Attached, that's not actually 1HKOing any other GXes on its own.

Twilight seems OP for letting you bring back a whopping 10 cards from discard, but by returning it to your deck instead of your hand you're not pulling off anything so amazing it warranted pulling Gardevoir off the bench. If any mill decks take off, you might see this GX attack get some traction, but right now.. eh?!

So my theory is we will get a fairy/dragon stadium this set so who knows this might be more playable than we realize and as of now it's pretty good similar to mega mewtwo y just on a stage 2 instead of mega

I think the ability and attack are very good in one turn you can go DCE and then a Fairy and you already defeat a garb and doing at least 150 if the opponent has 2 energies and 180 if you have choice band. So I think this is a great card and the GX attack is very good

Back