Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

How much is a Gold Ultra Ball worth?

tumblr_njvuhgSp011r12rm4o9_r1_1280.jpg

I looked on ebay and most were selling it for $90-$100

Is that only if it's a psa 10? Or is it worth more as a 10?

Is it the most expensive gold secret rare? Is it going to be in the format for awhile, I know it was in the Hyper Metal Chain Deck but since that's Japanese it doesn't matter? Do you think it will continue to be reprinted and stay in the format for years?

Maserati777 said:
How much is a Gold Ultra Ball worth?

tumblr_njvuhgSp011r12rm4o9_r1_1280.jpg

I looked on ebay and most were selling it for $90-$100

Is that only if it's a psa 10? Or is it worth more as a 10?

Is it the most expensive gold secret rare? Is it going to be in the format for awhile, I know it was in the Hyper Metal Chain Deck but since that's Japanese it doesn't matter? Do you think it will continue to be reprinted and stay in the format for years?
Gold Ultra Ball is always going to be in format until the normal version stops being printed. FF reprinted the Ultra Ball, so that's at least another format of it, and the likelihood of it staying is huge. Same with cards like Gold Switch.

So I have 2 of each card from Base Set all the way to Legendary including 2 of each promo card.

I'm looking to sell 1 set of all the cards while keeping the other for myself.

I'm wondering if you think they've reached the peak in value. If so, I'll sell them. Or do you think they'll only increase in value so I should hang onto them?

If you have 2 of each card from those sets trade the 2nd copies for cards you do not have yet. If you sell them you will not have any cards to trade for better cards. That is what I do if I have 2 or more of the same cards. If you are looking for specific cards that you have been wwaiting forever for save those cards. You may need them XD.:)

ResidentKen said:
So I have 2 of each card from Base Set all the way to Legendary including 2 of each promo card.

I'm wondering if you think they've reached the peak in value. If so, I'll sell them. Or do you think they'll only increase in value so I should hang onto them?

does your collection include 1st edition and shadowless varieties?

I think the 1st edition sets of these cards will definitely rise in value, so will the unlimited, but not as much as the 1st edition. I also think shadowless base cards are undervalued at the moment, i'd be looking to stock up on them

Any idea what value these cards have?

I came across some 1999 PokeTrivia cards, there are 20 sheets (still in tact, 9 to a sheet) sheet numbers 1 through 20 with 151 different cards and 29 duplicate cards.

I also found some SEALED Tropical Island Southern Islands packs (Japanese). They include beach (2 of these), jungle, sea, sky, fields of flowers and riverside. Six of the packs appear to have three cards visible from the front but on one of the Beaches I can't see three cards... it looks like one single long card.

And also two sets (cards 1 - 8) of Hasbro Spotlight cards. I can't seem to find any info on these

Is there any value to these?

Really nice thread, a "master" thread containing the value of most/all cards could be nice, but hard to keep updated, as it requires quite a bit of labor.

ResidentKen said:

I don't need any cards. I have full sets. I stopped collecting after Legendary. I was just trying to get an opinion whether I should sell a set and keep the other or keep both

Most base cards are the shadowed cards. And most are unlimited with a few 1st Ed here and there

AAA said:
Really nice thread, a "master" thread containing the value of most/all cards could be nice, but hard to keep updated, as it requires quite a bit of labor.

would not be practical, prices change so frequently, and we're talking thousands of cards

ResidentKen said:
ResidentKen said:

I don't need any cards. I have full sets. I stopped collecting after Legendary. I was just trying to get an opinion whether I should sell a set and keep the other or keep both

Most base cards are the shadowed cards. And most are unlimited with a few 1st Ed here and there

if you're in need of some cash, go ahead, but im holding onto my cards at the moment, definitely think the price will be rising.

but it's not a short term cash cow if thats what youre looking for, be prepared to wait years

Prices for the older cards tend to vary from time to time too. There was a huge price jump in "nostalgia" WotC era cards when I started getting back in collecting which was a bit before BW came out, but it's since settled back down. Selling full sets of older sets is hitting into a very specific user niche, so you kind of have to keep an eye on the market to get the best prices, or be willing to keep listing over and over until someone snaps for the price you want.

Athena said:
Prices for the older cards tend to vary from time to time too. There was a huge price jump in "nostalgia" WotC era cards when I started getting back in collecting which was a bit before BW came out, but it's since settled back down. Selling full sets of older sets is hitting into a very specific user niche, so you kind of have to keep an eye on the market to get the best prices, or be willing to keep listing over and over until someone snaps for the price you want.

I don't even know what to price them at.

ResidentKen said:
Athena said:

I don't even know what to price them at.

to find the price, first go to ebay.
once youre on ebay, type in key words into the search bar.
if you were to try find the price for a complete base set id use; "pokemon complete base set" as my key words
once you have done that, click on "sold listings" down the side of the page, this will give you a good guide on what the previous complete base sets have sold for, and in turn can give you an idea on what to price yours at

rinse and repeat for other sets

I found this Garchomp X misprinted as "Grachomp". It's not in perfect condition but I didn't manage to find any other variations of it online. Is it worth anything?

lw0k2LT.jpg

kiki_vakama said:
I found this Garchomp X misprinted as "Grachomp". It's not in perfect condition but I didn't manage to find any other variations of it online. Is it worth anything?

lw0k2LT.jpg

Sorry, but this is actually a fake card, so it's not worth anything. Compare to this photo of the actual card; the lack of holo border gives it away as much as the spelling and font errors.

Light and Dark Goodra?

I have two holo goodra cards 74/106 from the Flash Fire set. I noticed one is slightly lighter in color than the other and wondered if it meant anything?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.

goodra_shade.jpg

What's the price of an average Japanese booster box? I'm considering starting collecting the Japanese cards, but the booster boxes online seem more expensive than I thought they were

MegaCharizard said:
What's the price of an average Japanese booster box? I'm considering starting collecting the Japanese cards, but the booster boxes online seem more expensive than I thought they were

If you're looking for the best price, I suggest shopping at AmiAmi. They have good prices (even cheaper than MSRP for most products), and offer pre-orders and many different shipping options for different price ranges. The price for a typical booster box through AmiAmi is ¥2,550 which converts to roughly US$21.28. One booster box contains 20 packs and each pack is 5 cards.

If you would prefer not to order internationally, user PokePhD on this site also typically offers Japanese booster boxes for sale in his trade thread and his prices are very reasonable.

When you look to order Japanese booster boxes (or other Japanese TCG products) on Ebay or through American retailers, often these prices are more expensive since the people selling them are marking them up so they can make a profit themselves, and often they have to pay importing costs of their own that are reflected back at the consumer. AmiAmi gets their cards directly from the Japanese distributor, so they are able to sell them cheaper and still make a profit.

Of course, if you're looking to buy older boxes, it gets a bit trickier. AmiAmi is awesome for upcoming and recent products, but once stuff is released and sold out, it's gone. Prices for older boxes generally depend on supply and demand, but generally get more expensive with time.

Back