• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

6 Corners (Tao/Muskateer trio)

DMGFan

Aspiring Trainer
Looking for ways to make the deck better. Any advice will be appreciated. If you suggest to remove something, please post something to replace it with.

Pokemon - 15
Virizion - 4 (NV)
Cobalion - 1 (NV)
Terrakion - 2 (NV)
Reshiram - 1 (BW)
Zekrom EX - 1 (ND)
Kyurem EX - 1 (ND)
Kyurem - 1 (NV)
Shaymin - 2 (TR)
Shaymin EX - 1 (ND)
Regigigas EX - 1 (ND)

Trainers - 15

Eviolite - 4
Junk Arm - 3
Pokemon Catcher - 4
Super Rod - 1
Switch - 3

Supporters - 15

Black Belt - 2
Cheren - 4
Pokemon Collector - 4
Professor Oak's New Theory - 4
Seeker - 1

Stadium - 1

Skyarrow Bridge

Energy - 14

Double Colorless Energy - 3
Fighting Energy - 1
Fire Energy - 1
Prism Energy - 4
Rainbow Energy - 4
Water Energy - 1

Usual 6 Corners strategy. Will not be removing the tao/muskateer trios for reliability and the way I have been running the deck

I'm no expert on Pokemon, but this deck already seems too far spread to me. Right away I can see you coming into trouble with getting Energy, even with the Rainbows and the Retreival. Your covering 6 kinds of energy, that's too many. Try to limit it to around 3 or 4. With 6, you're gonna run into problems.

4 Eviolites is way over the top and Shaymin helps this deck a ton by setting up things like Glaciate in one turn

Without energy acceleration, Reshiram might be too tough to run because he discards energy. Unless you only use him for Outrage, which only helps against Cobalion, and not enough imo. You can probably cut him.

EonEye99 said:
Without energy acceleration, Reshiram might be too tough to run because he discards energy. Unless you only use him for Outrage, which only helps against Cobalion, and not enough imo. You can probably cut him.

Reshiram, Kyurem, and Zekrom are most often run only for Outrage.

i like the idea of this deck. Having all the options to deal with anything is nice; however, zoroark would destroy this deck. Vileplume/Chandelure might be a problem considering you need the right type of pokemon and energy to deal with your situation, that requires heavy on trainers, not to mention it focuses on avoiding taking the big hit. I made a decklist with something similar. hope this gives you some ideas.

2-1-2 Reuniclus
1 virizion
1 terakkion
1 reshiram
1 kyruem
1 zekrom
1 coballion

4 seeker
4 pont
3 revive
3 switch
3 catcher
4 energy search
2 energy retrieval
3 junk arm
2 collector
2 communication
1 eviolite
1 max potion
1 rare candy

2 Fire
2 Lightning
2 Water
2 Metal
2 Fighting
2 Grass
4 DCE

Spartan - I like your list. I have been worried about Zoroark, but I have no clue how to counter it. Any ideas how to fight it?

DMGFan said:
Spartan - I like your list. I have been worried about Zoroark, but I have no clue how to counter it. Any ideas how to fight it?
Simply drag Zorua out with Pokémon Catcher. Since it's used as a tech in most decks, it's highly unlikely to see more than two of them.

Renoir said:
Simply drag Zorua out with Pokémon Catcher. Since it's used as a tech in most decks, it's highly unlikely to see more than two of them.

That's true. Anyone have anymore advice how to make the deck quicker? I'm still having a little trouble getting my energy out as quick as I think it could go. I've got a decent w/l ratio with it, but I still feel it can be better.

From experience,in Chandy match up, play it slow and steady. Set up ur Kyurem for counter attack as soon as he try to take his first prize. Play the time. Dont let they use twins.
This deck, you need to know the meta-game in your area. So you can counter the popular deck. Therefore you do not need to run 2 copies. Only the popular counter, for instance if your area popular with Zekrom or lightning deck then play extra copy of Terrakion. This is how deck should like:
Cobalion - 1
Virizion - 3
Terrakion - 2
Reshiram - 1
Zekrom - 1
Kyurem - 1
Shaymin-2 * (if you cant find 2 copy,1 copy would do the trick. Cos this card really help your during trainer lock and game change of the deck.)
Hope this will help you. This is a reactive deck. So you need to read your opponent move and possible move that can do.
I got top 16.with this deck. I only learn it true power and fun during My City.
(Side note I was only able to play-test this 4 opponent outside the tournament.)

I revamped your list so hard it may not reconize itself if it looks in the mirror.

First get rid of Virizon. He only hits hard after an attack, and Grass is useless type-wise. Also Revive is uneeded, generally outclassed by Super Rod. And you only need 3 Switch. You can also take out a Reshiram. You only need one. And this deck needs Energy Acceleration. Badly. Also, for what you use DCE for, which is a quick Outrage, you only need 2. And without Virizon, you don't need Grass energy anymore. When are you going to need more than 1 Energy Retrieval, or more that 3 Eviolite? Those are just dead draws late game, or early for Energy Retrieval. Plus, you have Super Rod. BTW, you have Pokemon Catcher listed twice, under Supporters AND Trainers. Which is good, you need the space. Seeker is uneeded in here. You don't want to have to attach Energy manually. And you need Draw more, so replace that with Juniper. Try to find space for alot of N. If you can keep your opponents down with a low hand size, if makes it easier to catch up on Prizes which you are probably going to go down on, especially with Electrode.

-2 Virizon
-1 Reshiram
-4 Revive
-1 Switch
-2 Grass
-1 DCE
-1 Energy Retrieval
-1 Eviolite
-2 Seeker
-15 (19 with the extra Catcher)

+3-3 Electrode Prime
+1 Terrakion
+1 Kyurem
+2 Fighting Energy
+1 Super Rod
+1 Shaymin
+4 Twins
+2 Juniper
+1 N
+19 if my math is right.

Hope this helps. Oh, and don't forget to switch out your regular Metals for Special Metals. Cobalion likes to be alive.

Venasour - I made quite a few changes based on your advice. I didn't have some of the cards I wanted to change based on the advice, but I did change the stuff I liked. Still don't have any Shaymins or a 3rd Kyurem.

Edit - the extra 4 Catchers were Collectors

RE: 6 Corners (Tao/Muskateer trio with Electrode Prime)

DMGFan ,if playing Electrode Prime, you may want to consider Twins.
By the way, doing so your deck is no long has 6 elements that 6 corner consist of.
Now it only 5 elements, and it more to CaKE or CoKe Deck with tech.
You may want to look into that kind of deck.

RE: 6 Corners (Tao/Muskateer trio with Electrode Prime)

urahara_hat said:
DMGFan ,if playing Electrode Prime, you may want to consider Twins.
By the way, doing so your deck is no long has 6 elements that 6 corner consist of.
Now it only 5 elements, and it more to CaKE or CoKe Deck with tech.
You may want to look into that kind of deck.

What are Cake and Coke decks?

Back