• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

6 Corners (Tao/Muskateer trio)

Now that I've scanned the decklist a little bit more, I think you should cut 3 grass energy for a fighting and 2 plus power. Since you no longer have electrode, you don't need 18 energy, exspecialy 5 grass. You are only running 3 virizions and they only need one grass wach, so... yeah.

i like your current decklist quite abit, i think you could cut 2 energy and the 2 super rods and add something more consistent in your t/s/s line. I am just not a fan of anything that requires flipping of coins. looks good though

^Super Rod is not flippy at all. You may be thinking of Good Rod.

Anyway, here are the changes I would make:

-2 Reshiram
+2 Fire Victini

As others have said, Victini outclasses Reshiram in this deck because it can OHKO Steels much easier. With Reshiram, you are either going to have to discard two of your precious Rainbows, (not recommended) or switch it in, take damage, burn a DCE retreating (this is assuming you are facing Cobalion, the only popular steel in the format), let your next Pokemon either get KOed, or burn and energy or two retreating that, then you bring in Reshiram, attach DCE, and Outrage KO. It works, but it takes longer, uses more energy, and lets the opponent inflict way more damage upon your field then to simply use Victini.

-1 N
-2 Grass Energy
-2 Water Energy
-1 Sp. Metal Energy
+1 Eviolite
+1 Junk Arm
+1 Fighting Energy
+1 Sage's Training
+2 Professor Juniper

First of all, this is a relatively fast deck. I don't really think you need 3 N here since they do the same for you as PONT early game (except that they often help the opponent too) and late game you've either already won or you are helping the opponent with N. I'm not quite sure why you had 5 Grass Energy and 3 Virizion-it was physically impossible for you to need that much grass energy. Also, Kyurem is mostly an Outrage tech, you won't use Glaciate much outside of Reuniclus matchups (trying to overload them with damage) and even then not a whole lot since many Truth decks run Cobalion, who OHKOs a Kyurem that tries to Glaciate. I removed a special metal energy since I feel that 3 is a bit too much if you are only using it in 1 matchup. Virizion is the only Pokemon you should find yourself using in every matchup, and 3 Sp. Metals seem like they could clog your hand a lot in a matchup without enemy Kyurem. The Eviolite must be maxed, its the most important card in the deck, by far. Junk Arm shouldn't need much explanation, with so many trainers that you can only run 4 of, you'll need 4 Junk Arm. The Fighting Energy is more preference, depending on your area. If you have less Electric decks in your area you could remove that Fighting Energy for another type of energy. Finally, the Sage's and Junipers are because in toolbox decks in general, you have a lot of dead draws clogging up your hand, cards that aren't used in that matchup, and PONT and N just throw those cards back into your deck so you can draw them again when you need something else. Sage's and Juniper allow you to draw from your deck with a 0% chance of getting the junk stuck in your hand.

Ya you were right i was thinking of good rod my bad. I dont like Victini at all in this format. Every important pokemon has over 100 hp, he has low hp, and he NEEDS a full bench for him to even do anything, that spreads you out and makes you victim to catcher. Victini might be stronger against coballion? but with all the disadvantages i stated not to mention it is worse against the field in general, i would rather have that high hp outraging pokemon that only gets stronger I agree with dark void that N isnt a must, having 2 is good. I think sages training is one of the best cards, after you pont or juniper and restock your hand. you get to sage training next turn and look at 5 cards and choose the best 2 right now, making your hand that much stronger, always a great thing. What do you think about plus powers in this deck?

Cut cobalion and run tornados and cut terrakion and run landorous they are simply just better in the deck

landorous is better becaus it puts damage on dragons for outrage and tornados can take any energy.

^no they aren't. While Tornadus isn't a bad card in the deck, you'll have a lot more trouble with Kyurem if you cut the Cobalion. Also, Terrakion is in many scenarios better than Landorus as they essentially have the same hp against an electric deck, but Terrakion has more against other attackers and Terrakion can attack for 2 energy instead of Landorus, who attacks for 3 energy.

yes but terrakions 2 energy attack doesnt do good unless you were killed the turn before

landorous does straight 80 and puts damage on reshiram zekrom and kyreum powering up outrage

Well, Mageel's purpose is to get OHKOs, so...also, for 3 energy Terrakion can OHKO them just as easily. Getting damage on your outragers is awful in that matchup because it gives Zekrom more things to Catcher KO.

iisnumber12 said:
4 Eviolites is way over the top and Shaymin helps this deck a ton by setting up things like Glaciate in one turn

I think the 4 eviolite is great in this deck since every pokemon is a basic

PaulThePokeMan said:
I think the 4 eviolite is great in this deck since every pokemon is a basic

But is it worth the space. In many matchup (eels, durant, and chandelure) eviolite is almost useless

One of this decks main purposes is to abuse the fact that the pokemon are basics with high HP, 4 eviolite is a must even if magnezone still OHKO's terrakion, you most likely have already killed some magnemites, and if they cant get another magnezone going, Eviolite saves Terrakion from Disaster Volt (2HKO becomes 3HKO) Zekrom is getting a harder time to kill your Terrakion etc.
Anyways, Terrakion's Retaliate kills Magnemites,Tynamo's,Voltorbs and babies. Virizion's Leaf Wallop kills Oddish,Voltorbs,Tynamo's,babies AND magnemites while using a pluspower.
In this deck, you want to take around 2 cheap prizes each game.
Tornadus is a good choice in this deck because you want to have as many energies safe in play. (Spread them out and later shaymin them)

Shaymin Lv.X said:
One of this decks main purposes is to abuse the fact that the pokemon are basics with high HP, 4 eviolite is a must even if magnezone still OHKO's terrakion, you most likely have already killed some magnemites, and if they cant get another magnezone going, Eviolite saves Terrakion from Disaster Volt (2HKO becomes 3HKO) Zekrom is getting a harder time to kill your Terrakion etc.
Anyways, Terrakion's Retaliate kills Magnemites,Tynamo's,Voltorbs and babies. Virizion's Leaf Wallop kills Oddish,Voltorbs,Tynamo's,babies AND magnemites while using a pluspower.
In this deck, you want to take around 2 cheap prizes each game.
Tornadus is a good choice in this deck because you want to have as many energies safe in play. (Spread them out and later shaymin them)

I don't think that 4 eviolites is a must in this deck because you aren't going to play against MEZ every round. I'd say three would be the minimum though

Keep the Eviolites. Without them, your Pokémon won't last as long against non-Magnezone variants.

Glaceon said:
Keep the Eviolites. Without them, your Pokémon won't last as long against non-Magnezone variants.

You don't need 4 evoolites more than you need 4 junk arm. Eviolites help the deck, but I see it better to get junk arm than eviolite

iisnumber12 said:
You don't need 4 evoolites more than you need 4 junk arm. Eviolites help the deck, but I see it better to get junk arm than eviolite

I didn't take out any of the Evolites but I did bump up the Junk Arms to 3

Back