• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

6 Corners (Tao/Muskateer trio)

RE: 6 Corners (Tao/Muskateer trio with Electrode Prime)

DMGFan said:
What are Cake and Coke decks?

Some like this deck
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-cake-need-help

SpartanV209 said:
i like the idea of this deck. Having all the options to deal with anything is nice; however, zoroark would destroy this deck. Vileplume/Chandelure might be a problem considering you need the right type of pokemon and energy to deal with your situation, that requires heavy on trainers, not to mention it focuses on avoiding taking the big hit. I made a decklist with something similar. hope this gives you some ideas.

2-1-2 Reuniclus
1 virizion
1 terakkion
1 reshiram
1 kyruem
1 zekrom
1 coballion

4 seeker
4 pont
3 revive
3 switch
3 catcher
4 energy search
2 energy retrieval
3 junk arm
2 collector
2 communication
1 eviolite
1 max potion
1 rare candy

2 Fire
2 Lightning
2 Water
2 Metal
2 Fighting
2 Grass
4 DCE
That list would not work. Reuniclus can only work with a slow trainer locking deck. Also, too many one-of copies. You're not running any rainbow as well. This deck needs 3 Eviolite and 3-4 Catcher as well. 4 Collector is probably needed. Not sure what the seeker is for lol. Finally, good luck getting reuniclus out with one rare candy.

Reuniclus is a tech to move dmg counters around to make your outrage's stronger. Also having 1 of copies isnt a problem except for virizion which you want out turn one and drawing you cards because you have revive, which will help deal with the low 1 counts. Problem i see is not adding enough collectors, obviously that card needs to be at 4. As far as rainbow that is a personal preference, i would rather run the energy search's because it thins out your deck and gets you the energy you need right away. Eviolites is an awsome card, i do agree this deck should have them but i made this list on the fly in response to the poster. i think seeker goes hand in hand with the reuniclus, if you avoid this tech then ya they probably wouldnt need to be in there. The idea i had in my head when i read this post and in making a decklist was the fact this deck is defensive and needs to have answers. Its far from perfect but i think the idea for this deck is headed in the right direction.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. They will just catcher up your reuniclus and kill it. Reuniclus is in slow decks, and 6 corners is a fast deck. The one of copies aren't good because they could be prized. Rainbow is not really preference, it's more of a necessity in this deck. I'm sorry, but energy search isn't competitive. It's just not. If you're running reuniclus, you need at least 3 solosis because it will get one shotted by anything in the format. I don't think you understand the point of 6 corners.

SpartanV209 said:
Reuniclus is a tech to move dmg counters around to make your outrage's stronger. Also having 1 of copies isnt a problem except for virizion which you want out turn one and drawing you cards because you have revive, which will help deal with the low 1 counts. Problem i see is not adding enough collectors, obviously that card needs to be at 4. As far as rainbow that is a personal preference, i would rather run the energy search's because it thins out your deck and gets you the energy you need right away. Eviolites is an awsome card, i do agree this deck should have them but i made this list on the fly in response to the poster. i think seeker goes hand in hand with the reuniclus, if you avoid this tech then ya they probably wouldnt need to be in there. The idea i had in my head when i read this post and in making a decklist was the fact this deck is defensive and needs to have answers. Its far from perfect but i think the idea for this deck is headed in the right direction.

Ummmm, no... Just... No...
Reuniclus is in slow trainer lock decks because it takes effort to get out, and because Catcher will make that thing prize fodder. Now, why not run Rainbow? >.< If you go boom with Electrode, you don't take the 10 like you do when you manually attach Rainbow. Its free Energy of what type you need. Now for Energy Search, Energy Search doesn't thin your deck out like you think. The only deck that can justify Energy Search is Durant, because you can just Junk Arm for it and grab your Energy, and because you NEED constant Energy. 6 Corners doesn't need a constant stream of Energy. You have Electrode for that, and the space is easily used for much more important things like consistency Supporters (PONT, Juniper, N, etc).

i agree, reuniclus isnt very good in this deck. it dilutes your strategy and slows it down and yes, it is a fast deck. The benefit to having 1 of each pokemon and revives is being able to consistently have the counter type throughout the game, the bad side to that is you wont have the backup on the bench ready to come out, that is the benefit of having 2 of each type. i can see both working effectively. i would have to admit to making the mistake of not suggesting any rainbows, because that card is a necessity in any deck that requires 3 or more colors, and sometimes 2 depending on what decks. not to mention it helps outrage. I do see your guys point on Energy Search not being a competitive card as a whole, to the format. In this deck, it is an absolute must, just like rainbows. Drawing energy search gets you the color you need for the pokemon you want, it is like drawing a rainbow energy in a sense. Having energy search and junk arms can effectively turn your junk arms into energy's in a situation that requires one, and yes, it does thin your deck . It has always had the same purpose no matter what format, its getting rid of 2 cards for 1 card, and gets you closer to your other cards. I am pretty sure 6 corners doesnt have Electrode? That would make it CaKe or CoKe wouldnt it? If you are running Electrode then ya i agree energy search is a waste of space.

iisnumber12 said:
Good decision IMO. Do you have Shaymins to put in or is that out of the question

Don't have any, unfortunately. I'd think about putting it in there if I had them.

SpartanV209 said:
i agree, reuniclus isnt very good in this deck. it dilutes your strategy and slows it down and yes, it is a fast deck. The benefit to having 1 of each pokemon and revives is being able to consistently have the counter type throughout the game, the bad side to that is you wont have the backup on the bench ready to come out, that is the benefit of having 2 of each type. i can see both working effectively. i would have to admit to making the mistake of not suggesting any rainbows, because that card is a necessity in any deck that requires 3 or more colors, and sometimes 2 depending on what decks. not to mention it helps outrage. I do see your guys point on Energy Search not being a competitive card as a whole, to the format. In this deck, it is an absolute must, just like rainbows. Drawing energy search gets you the color you need for the pokemon you want, it is like drawing a rainbow energy in a sense. Having energy search and junk arms can effectively turn your junk arms into energy's in a situation that requires one, and yes, it does thin your deck . It has always had the same purpose no matter what format, its getting rid of 2 cards for 1 card, and gets you closer to your other cards. I am pretty sure 6 corners doesnt have Electrode? That would make it CaKe or CoKe wouldnt it? If you are running Electrode then ya i agree energy search is a waste of space.
If you're running the deck correctly, with rainbows, an ideal energy line (taken from the deck out) is 4 rainbow, 4 DCE, and 6 grass. I don't think you understand the point of 6 corners. You start with virizion. Set up via double draw, then apply early game pressure using leaf wallop. Then, much like google.dec, you bring up an attacker based on the matchup. I don't care how much it thins your deck, energy search is useless. It takes up spots in the deck. This combined with the fact that you're running 12 basic energy means 16 spots gone in your deck. You have 2 grass as well, so good luck setting up virizion. Energy search is even more useless in this deck than others because if you're running the deck correctly, you have one type of energy. There is no benefit to having one of each pokemon is 6 corners. Period. I almost lol'd when you said that energy search is an absolute must in this deck.

I know i might get heat from this (BE NICE) but you could consider Sableye UD - it has an advantage over recycle (i.e.no flip) and will weaken Chandelure a LOT in the those matches, espeically after playing Juniper or N (if they take more prizes) by hitting for 50. i mean, yeah it's got 60 HP and could get ko'd in that match, but a catcher on a Dodrio early on and you can make quick work of their retreating.

other than that, im not sure how i personally would improve this deck at all. of course you could run an Absol.

DMGFan said:
I would, but I like the high hp and stall capability of Reshiram

Stall with kyurem/zekrom instead.
Victini's HP doesnt matter much, if you have a eviolite attached to it if will avoid a OHKO by Cobalion.
I would do these changes:
-2 Reshiram
-2 Energy Retrieval
+1 Victini V-create
+1 Virzion
+1 Junk Arm
+1 Eviolite

pokemonjoe said:
If you're running the deck correctly, with rainbows, an ideal energy line (taken from the deck out) is 4 rainbow, 4 DCE, and 6 grass. I don't think you understand the point of 6 corners. You start with virizion. Set up via double draw, then apply early game pressure using leaf wallop. Then, much like google.dec, you bring up an attacker based on the matchup. I don't care how much it thins your deck, energy search is useless. It takes up spots in the deck. This combined with the fact that you're running 12 basic energy means 16 spots gone in your deck. You have 2 grass as well, so good luck setting up virizion. Energy search is even more useless in this deck than others because if you're running the deck correctly, you have one type of energy. There is no benefit to having one of each pokemon is 6 corners. Period. I almost lol'd when you said that energy search is an absolute must in this deck.

so by playing this deck "correctly" you have 4 rainbow/DCE and 6 grass energy with all those different types of pokemon? Im on the North pole, and you are on the South pole right now haha....
even if i had 12-14 pokemon and 18-16 energies in the deck, 30 trainers is really not enough? i think vileplume is in love lol.
You got a take on the deck that is polar opposite to my take. I dont see this deck being "correctly" played just 1 way. I think that is the beauty to this deck, not alot of decks have that option. Its good talk though, i enjoyed it =). If anything it gave the poster some good insight on what really matters.

SpartanV209 said:
so by playing this deck "correctly" you have 4 rainbow/DCE and 6 grass energy with all those different types of pokemon? Im on the North pole, and you are on the South pole right now haha....
even if i had 12-14 pokemon and 18-16 energies in the deck, 30 trainers is really not enough? i think vileplume is in love lol.
You got a take on the deck that is polar opposite to my take. I don't see this deck being "correctly" played just 1 way. I think that is the beauty to this deck, not alot of decks have that option. Its good talk though, i enjoyed it =). If anything it gave the poster some good insight on what really matters.
4 Rainbow and 4 DCE is a must. It doesn't matter what variation of the deck you're running. I shouldn't have said correctly, 6 grass is the "default" deck. You can run less, but my point was 4 dce and rainbow are staples, as well as multiples of the attackers.

Back