(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

RE: (1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawklucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

MagoTheSnowman said:
I thought everyone would hate Snivy and love Oshawott when I first saw them.

YES.
Oshawott is honestly so adorable, I thought he would be the favorite. But then again, the majority has never really agreed with me when it comes to starters. I thought Chespin was terrible and everybody loved him. I hate Charizard. Meganium was my favorite Johto starter. The list goes on and on...

Shocker said:
I wonder if the people who hate Greninja like Mega Mewtwo Y.
Also, if this wasn't Froakie's evolution, I bet you'd like this Pokemon.

Considering that both sources speak of Hawlucha, it's probably real.

if you like Mega Mewtwo Y, but hate Greninja, I will come and get you

Do you want a death threat

I thought Mega Mewtwo Y was neat, though!

nightkeeper said:
Shocker said:
I wonder if the people who hate Greninja like Mega Mewtwo Y.
Also, if this wasn't Froakie's evolution, I bet you'd like this Pokemon.

Considering that both sources speak of Hawlucha, it's probably real.

if you like Mega Mewtwo Y, but hate Greninja, I will come and get you

I like MegaMewtwo Y and dislike Greninja immensely. Not even joking. If you wish to find me, I'm the boy rocking back in forth in the corner of my room.

Edit.
I don't know why you guy hate Greninja so much.
I mean, he is a freaking Ninja-frog. That is awesome.

This is why I hate Greninja.
L93hubC.jpg

This is what could have been.

Exactly. Had it been another pokemon, this Greninja thing would almost be acceptable, but it's just so disappointing compared to the potential of what could have been. But to be fair, Gamefreak has a history of teasing fans with first-stage Pokemon with incredible potential, only to have them evolve into major disappointments.

Macabrelicious said:
YES.
Oshawott is honestly so adorable, I thought he would be the favorite. But then again, the majority has never really agreed with me when it comes to starters. I thought Chespin was terrible and everybody loved him. I hate Charizard. Meganium was my favorite Johto starter. The list goes on and on...

Exactly. Had it been another pokemon, this Greninja thing would almost be acceptable, but it's just so disappointing compared to the potential of what could have been. But to be fair, Gamefreak has a history of teasing fans with first-stage Pokemon with incredible potential, only to have them evolve into major disappointments.

Maganium is my favorite Johto starter too.

Also, isn't the disappointment most prominent on the water starters? But thats just my opinion.

SavvyJackal said:
Axell Starr said:

This fanart makes me wonder...how can it fly!? :D
Pfff, Dragonite flies, and its wings are ridiculously small. XD
Dodrio.

The pivix artist fanart of Greninja looks amazing. What if that scarf is just a big, long bubble...?

Water Starters definitely lead to the biggest disappointments among most people, but I generally like all of them.

Blastoise > Venusaur > Charizard
Feraligatr > Meganium > Typhlosion
Swampert > Sceptile > Blaziken
Torterra > Empoleon > Infernape
Serperior > Samurott > Emboar

Hmm, I guess I don't care much for any of the final Fire starters, especially Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar. I'm hoping that changes this generation.

nightkeeper said:
Edit.
L93hubC.jpg

This is why I love Greninja.

That thing is boring. It's like a Mega Frogadier, and not much else.

garbodorable said:
nightkeeper said:
Edit.
L93hubC.jpg

This is why I love Greninja.

That thing is boring. It's like a Mega Frogadier, and not much else.

Personally, I agree with Nightkeeper. :p Galliantoad (or however that fakemon's name was spelled) had a more well thought out design then Greninja.

Axell Starr said:
Personally, I agree with Nightkeeper. :p Galliantoad (or however that fakemon's name was spelled) had a more well thought out design then Greninja.

In what way? What do you value in Pokemon design that you see in Gallantoad?

To me, it looks like a Toxicroak with fluffy bits. Greninja looks like something we've never seen before.

garbodorable said:
Axell Starr said:

To me, it looks like a Toxicroak with fluffy bits. Greninja looks like something we've never seen before.

My complaint about Greninjas design is that apparently the tongue scarf is part of its animation. 1) I don't see a mouth where the tongue seems to be coming from. 2) Where the hell does is store such a long tongue?

While fakes are nice to pass the time until the release, there's always some fakes that look really good and you just wished were real when the game actually comes out.
Aside from that, I like how the body of Greninja looks, just not the ears and the "tongue" scarf.

I made this account just to post on this thread.
I see the trend on Froakie's line is the shape of the head is getting sharper as it evolves, as you can see. Greninja is following hte trend since its head is now more pointy. I can see it's becoming real. The sad thing about it that it's tounge replaces the bubble scarf that comes out weirdly. I hope the tounge is just captured in a worst pose of its animation. Still can't decide to chose Chespin or Froakie even though everyone's picking the fire witch.

The other two.. about Hawlucha, I really like its typing. But the shape is abit off, I hope its getting an evo.

Binacle, is just another Dunsparche or Gabordor of this gen. Im okay with it.

Reading the posts earlier, I prefer Mewtwo Y than X. Impression of Bu/Freiza is cool. even though i hate it at first impression.

garbodorable said:
Axell Starr said:

It has more connection with the animal it's based on (The blue dart frog is more easily recognizable with Gallantoad), the design looks like an improved and sleeker Frogadier (which I would hope is the point of evolutions. Evolutions don't just take a drastic core design change.), and includes a threatening looking stature (Which literally every final evo starter has ever had ever).

It's just better imo. The tongue isn't menacing at all, it just looks silly. The design suddenly adds sharp pointed ear type things? Loss of the bubbles instead of really expanding on them. Gallantoad just seems hella better to me... But I know you werne't really asking me so take this with a grain of salt.

rizzet said:
garbodorable said:

My complaint about Greninjas design is that apparently the tongue scarf is part of its animation. 1) I don't see a mouth where the tongue seems to be coming from. 2) Where the hell does is store such a long tongue?

But no one really asks about Lickitung/Lickilicky :p

rizzet said:

It seems pretty unlikely that it would just be an animation. The screenshot shows the tongue rapped around its head at least once, and waving behind it shinobi-style. That's a very deliberate pose important to the thematics of the pokemon, so I don't see that being just a "look! animation!" thing.

I think people speculated that it wasn't a tongue or not a permanent fixture because they couldn't handle how bananas a tongue scarf is

I for one love Greninja. Its name takes some getting used to, but if it's real, I'm excited to be getting a (hopefully) fast water starter rather than the slower/bulkier ones! I think Blastoise and Feraligatr are the fastest with base 78 speed (Did you know Magikarp outspeeds every water starter?), and I'd hope Greninja would be at least 80-90, because it looks fast, and ninja are supposed to be quick, right? Dang, having 100+ speed would be amazing, because there are only 7 water types with 100+, and 3 of them are legendaries.

Plus, ninjas and frogs remind me of Naruto, and that's awesome

rizzet said:
garbodorable said:

That part about its animation was only speculated by some. Not posted by the original leaker.

If these rumors are true I hope there will be some other Pokemon we have not heard of confirmation as well. Oh as far as the PGL goes they will announce more details later in the month after it opens. Saw this in my 3DS news a bit ago. Now it is starting to make sense. For now they just have the bonuses announced. Poke Miles is just one of the bonuses besides the redesigned site. Hopefully there wiill be a new DW. I can't see a PGL with Game Sync and not a Dream World. That just does not jive with me XD. If there is no DW I will be upset XD.:)

Well green inks and hawlucha look cool. I love how greninja's tongue wraps around the neck.

garbodorable said:

I'll try to be as coherent as I can.

Why I don't like Greninja:

• The lines for his head are too triangular and make it look like it's a robot's head on top of a living being.
  • It doesn't look like it grew much. In fact, to me it looks weaker. It's legs look like twigs with cancer lumps on them.
  • I don't like it's tongue/scarf/whatever it is. I don't like it for the same reason i don't like Audino's tail. It doesn't fit in with the rest of the design.
  • The airplane wing thing going on with it's head. Kinda makes it look like it's 'gotta go fast'.
  • Not a huge fan of the light blue. Makes it look like Latio's amphibious 2nd cousin.

Why I Galliantoad:

• It's colour scheme flows nicely and fits in with it's pre-evolutions.
  • It looks bulkier, which i find that Greninja does not gain the bulk.
  • It looks like it's grown up now.
  • The bubbles have grown into what looks like a Pancho or a short hoodie to me.
  • The things on it's nose grow, and the front of it's face becomes more vertical, giving it the appearance of being fast without looking like a mechanical object.
  • The spots don't bulge out so they don't look like a disease.
  • It looks like a frog still.
  • The bubbles trail down and resemble a cape.
  • It resembles roughly what I imagined for it to look like, plus cool looking spots.

It might just be me, but as soon as I saw Hawlucha my mind went right to Ugly Americans and the Manbirds.

themanbirds.jpg

If it's real I have it's nickname picked out.

I like Greninja. I like that people are up in arms about it. But I love Binacle. So freaking awesome.

Back