(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

RE: (1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawklucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

I thought it was very clever that they managed to make a humanoid bird Pokemon with such a neat, layered inspiration. The wings are a cape, the feather markings are a mask, etc. I don't know, I just thought it was ingenious and certainly more inspired than "let's take an animal and add random crap onto it". That's not to say more basic designs are of poorer quality, or that a good inspiration always translates into good execution, but I felt Gamefreak did well in this case.

Ohman177 said:
jstar21 said:
Thank you, as I didn't know the leaker gave info with the pictures.

Sorry to disappoint you but you mistook that. That quote is from someone making a guess about it. It's not from the original poster.

So it's still a mystery...

Ohman177 said:
jstar21 said:
Thank you, as I didn't know the leaker gave info with the pictures.

Sorry to disappoint you but you mistook that. That quote is from someone making a guess about it. It's not from the original poster.

actually it was stated sometime before that too

ArmyOfOneIX said:
Ohman177 said:

actually it was stated sometime before that too

But not by the original leaker.

I got the horrible yet uncertain feeling that from these images show the typings being:

Water/Psychic
Fire/Dark
Grass/Fighting.

CookieFlakes said:
I got the horrible yet uncertain feeling that from these images show the typings being:

Water/Psychic
Fire/Dark
Grass/Fighting.

I would absolutely adore that, because then I could have both Braixen and Meowstick on the same team without type redundancies.
It's just a shame that Braixen is already said to know so many Psychic moves, but honestly these typings make much more sense to me than the initially hinted ones.

I'd be even better if they didn't have a Psychic/Dark/Fighting pseudo-triangle, but you can't have everything, I suppose.

CookieFlakes said:

Water/Psychic
Fire/Dark
Grass/Fighting.

Well...that'd be interesting. I wouldn't mind it though.

What if all the starters get a secondary Psychic typing? o_O

AdamLambert said:

That will be so weird XD

AdamLambert said:

That won't happen. I mean, no set of starters have shared the same type with another in the same gen. Also, it wouldn't make sense for that to happen anyway. I mean, why would they do that? what purpose would they have for something as absurd as that? :p

Axell Starr said:
scattered mind said:
Why everybody are so sure that frog is the final evolution of Froakie ?
The user who posted its image named Crafty never said that. In addition he posted 2 other fake Pokemon no one trust they are real.
So that frog might be real but even so why are you so sure its Frokies final evolution ?

What do you mean 'everybody'? I'm insisting it's fake. :p

TartarusIncarnate said:
Abomination. What do you expect from a flying/fighting type?

That being said, this thing would be a bad @$$ in competive play. Especially if it has High speed and Attack. 8 Strengths, 4 Resistances, 5 Weakness (Only 3 of which will be common: Fairy, Psychic, Electric) Ground Immunity, Double Resistance to Bug and Stealth Rock doing normal damage. Sup OU

I would expect it to look a little less humanoid. not all look humanoid. There's the Musketeer Trio + Keldeo, Tepig's evolutions (they're bipedal, but not humanoid to me), The meinfoo line, and Heracross.

Also, I think before placing a pokemon in a tier, it'd be better to wait to see it's stats. The thing could have low stats and be very frail for all we know.
Yet you still have Pokemon such as Mr. Mime, Jynx, Gardevoir/Gallade, Braixen (anthropomorphic), Machoke, Sawk/Throh, Hitmonlee/chan/top. They all look humanoid. Thats why we have the Human-like (or Humanshape) egg group. Just because it looks humanoid you should doubt it. That being said we can't prove it legit or fake until there is a press release or game release

I'm going to get a lot of flak for this but Freninja looks awful. If this is real, which I hope not, I have lost hope. it's way too unnecessarily exaggerated and just strange.

The other pokemon are kinda eh, though the bird I guess is the coolest of the bunch. But I won't let this slip by until confirmed.

TartarusIncarnate said:
Axell Starr said:
What do you mean 'everybody'? I'm insisting it's fake. :p

I would expect it to look a little less humanoid. not all look humanoid. There's the Musketeer Trio + Keldeo, Tepig's evolutions (they're bipedal, but not humanoid to me), The meinfoo line, and Heracross.

Also, I think before placing a pokemon in a tier, it'd be better to wait to see it's stats. The thing could have low stats and be very frail for all we know.
Yet you still have Pokemon such as Mr. Mime, Jynx, Gardevoir/Gallade, Braixen (anthropomorphic), Machoke, Sawk/Throh, Hitmonlee/chan/top. They all look humanoid. Thats why we have the Human-like (or Humanshape) egg group. Just because it looks humanoid you should doubt it. That being said we can't prove it legit or fake until there is a press release or game release

The problem I have is that it doesn't look human OR bird-like. It looks like... a totem pole? A... pinata? I'm not sure. It kinda reminds me of a poorly executed Xatu

I had a Revelation in my brain! How can the Frog get extrasensory when the fox can get lots of psychic moves? Or It could just be because its something like how noctowl or togepi got that as a move?

AdamLambert said:
TartarusIncarnate said:

The problem I have is that it doesn't look human OR bird-like. It looks like... a totem pole? A... pinata? I'm not sure. It kinda reminds me of a poorly executed Xatu
No, it looks like its suppose to, which is a Luchador. I don't understand where are you getting the Native American reference from. Braviary looks more Native American than Hawlucha. Even its name tells where its origin of Mexican Masked Wrestling. It does look humanoid, I should say anthropomorphic. But regardless anthropomorphism is adding human qualities/characteristic to non humans.

AdamLambert said:

It totally does look like a pinata! :D

TartarusIncarnate said:
AdamLambert said:
No, it looks like its suppose to, which is a Luchador. I don't understand where are you getting the Native American reference from. Braviary looks more Native American than Hawlucha. Even its name tells where its origin of Mexican Masked Wrestling. It does look humanoid, I should say anthropomorphic. But regardless anthropomorphism is adding human qualities/characteristic to non humans.

Hm. Let me rephrase that. It's not that it isn't human-like enough or bird-like enough. It's that it isn't far enough one way or the other. Or maybe it's neither. I don't know. I just know I don't like it, and the design looks awkward. Looks like a high schooler dressed as the school mascot

Macabrelicious said:
CookieFlakes said:

Water/Psychic
Fire/Dark
Grass/Fighting.

I would absolutely adore that, because then I could have both Braixen and Meowstick on the same team without type redundancies.
It's just a shame that Braixen is already said to know so many Psychic moves, but honestly these typings make much more sense to me than the initially hinted ones.

I'd be even better if they didn't have a Psychic/Dark/Fighting pseudo-triangle, but you can't have everything, I suppose.

I still think Greninja is water/fighting. Based on its physical appearance, if its going to have any kind of secondary typing, it'll be fighting. It doesn't matter that it learns extrasensory; a lot of non-psychics can learn it. Furthermore, if its design is really based on a ninja, than this move fits the theme. It also doesn't matter that it didn't have any fighting type moves as one of it's 4 moves. Maybe that's because the player had Hawlucha in his party and didn't want to be redundant.

As for Greninja's design, I think people are overreacting a little bit. First of all, the picture isn't that clear, so reserve your final judgements. Second, don't get all bent out of shape because it has a long tongue, and it doesn't fit its theme. None of us have played the game or seen the new animé, so how does anybody know that tongues won't feature prominently in Froakie and Frogadier's designs as well? Lastly, I think the pokemon sprites are going to be more dynamic and interactive this generation, like the jpg. of the Torchic posted earlier that was hopping around. Maybe Greninja's animation involves its tongue.

AdamLambert said:
Hm. Let me rephrase that. It's not that it isn't human-like enough or bird-like enough. It's that it isn't far enough one way or the other. Or maybe it's neither. I don't know. I just know I don't like it, and the design looks awkward. Looks like a high schooler dressed as the school mascot

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks it looks that way. Looking at it I feel there's a midget inside that bird suit.

AdamLambert said:
TartarusIncarnate said:

I don't really mind if you dislike or like it, and in a sense I can somewhat relate to why you don't like it, but if I were to say anything, I wouldn't want a Pokemon that is just a human or just a bird...

Back