Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the Chinese restaurant Wan Fu for dinner and got a fortune cookie for dessert.My fortune says "Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash." That is my new Mafia mottto. I still vote for DFL.

Im on mafia now, so ask questions all you like.

I was just saying about how the votes changed lickety split.

Careful. I know you meant something else, but still. Choose words carefully.

Anyways, I'm still not sold on either lynch candidate.
I will remove my silly vote on simsands for now while I see who digs its own grave first.
##UNVOTE: simsands

I'll be back... sometime. I've Holy Week activities to attend, apparently.

@Lord Goomy
While it is understandable for you to be jumpy, acting angry/frustrated (That's what I think is portrayed by the posts) when called out/voted is suspicious. Why act like this?
Because, my mindless and inatentive layman (sorry, I'm really grumpy right now), this is what we call a game. The object is to ELIMINATE THE SCUM AND NOT THE TOWN!!!!!
And, my mindless and inattentive layman, I'm Town.

Because, my mindless and inatentive layman (sorry, I'm really grumpy right now), this is what we call a game. The object is to ELIMINATE THE SCUM AND NOT THE TOWN!!!!!
I don’t mean to be overly harsh, but literally anyone can constantly say “I’m Town!”. And since we have no proof of anything, it’s impossible for that to convince any of us. At this point, it’s either you contribute, or you roleclaim, and I don’t think we really want to risk a roleclaim given bbninjas’ warnings about it being potentially dangerous.

I don’t mean to be overly harsh, but literally anyone can constantly say “I’m Town!”. And since we have no proof of anything, it’s impossible for that to convince any of us. At this point, it’s either you contribute, or you roleclaim, and I don’t think we really want to risk a roleclaim given bbninjas’ warnings about it being potentially dangerous.
"I'm town! I'm town!"

see? it didn't do anything to convince them that i'm town.

Ooh, this'll be fun. Let's do some ISO.

At this point, are we just guessing? We can't interrogate anyone? WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE'RE DOING?!?!
Whatever. It would appear that @GekkisaiDaiNi is making a lot of noise.
Even if he isn't scum, it'd be a lot more quiet if we could get him of the thread.

And that's a ##VOTE GEKKISAIDAINI
Newbie RVS vote. Wanting the thread to be quieter, scummy point for that.

Oh gee, thanks.

...but I can't help see that after all
WE ARE ALL JUST THROWING VOTES EVERYWHERE WILLY-NILLY!

I see, that makes sense.
Loud, kinda aggressive.

IT IS?!?!
I’ll never do it again!
Please don’t call me scum.
I was just doing that @scattered mind was going to chew me out.
I’ll never do it again.
Quick, defensive kinda AtE.

He said earlier in the thread (pre day 1, to be exact) to please avoid posting multiple times in succession and get it out in one post.
I’ve been chewed out before; never again.

Oh, COME ON!
This is my first game and I don’t want to be lynched first. That’s all it is.
...that sounds suspicious, doesn’t it?
Yeah, a bit. Explaining his weird worries and AtE.

Good gravy, please don’t do that.
Irrelevant, fluff.

You’re not making much noise; one post that doesn’t seem to be doing much to defend yourself.
Better than Gekki.
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: PIKACHUUUU101
Huh, this is random and flip floppy. If you're gonna vote for someone who hasn't done much, why not vote for someone who hasn't posted at all? Pretty sure we were out of RVS at this point.

Mainly random, but you've got something odd about you...
Kay. wth does that mean?

Do we gotta...?
That sounds suspicious too.
Is everything I say going to be used against me?
Yup, that does sound suspicious. When everything you say is scummy, then yes, it will be used against you.

The do we gotta part in which I don’t want to be lynched because you think I’m scum.
Well yeah...
Gonna start contributing sometime instead of just defending yourself?

Thank you.
The edited post was because I was afraid I was posting too much and scattered was going to chew me out. I got chewed out before, never again.
Meh.

Hmm... Tyler?
Hmmm.
That's not contributing...

I feel like Gekki, Pikachuuu, Tyler, and Epicness seem suspicious.
Okay, that's a start, but uh..reasoning?

Simply because you talk too much.
Revisiting your first post. Scum want people who are active lynched. Also, that's reasoning for 1 of your 4 scum reads..

What did I miss?

What about me? Everyone else thinks I’m scum, so what’s your opinion on me?
lol, this seems weird to me. This actually does make me think more of a newbie town that scum. Scum wouldn't be trying to draw attention to themselves like he very obviously did here. It could be seen as that, but it could also been seen as them making sure that they are seen as town. Not sure what to make of this one.

Yeah, everything’s gonna be used against me.

No, nothing important. Too many leads to too many different places to actually point a decent finger.
Great, so you're still not gonna contribute any actual reads? Or scumhunt? Kay then.

Looks like I’m going to be myslynched because I have the spooks...:(
Oof, AtE, and still not contributing.

(...dang, he's good.)

I can see why you all would accuse me of being scum. I'm jumpy. So what? I know that's not the most suspicious thing that's happened in this thread.
One of the suspicious ones is Gekki, it seems he's clogging up the thread so he can protect his fellow scum...
Not a good reason, but better than pikachuuuu101.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: GEKKISAIDAINI
What the heck is "dang, he's good" supposed to mean?
That's not really a read... May be better than Pika, but not enough reasoning.

You're saying Gekki's clogging up the thread, but he is actually contributing to the game. You on the other hand, haven't done much of anything in the way of scumhunting or the like.

I plead forgiveness! Never mercy on my poor innocent soul!
AtE, fluff.

...that's HAVE mercy, not NEVER mercy.
Fluff.

...I didn't even know a person named Blakers even existed before today.

Alright, here's my final and only defense:
Look. I'm jumpy. Yeah, so what? And as @mordacazir said, I'm also very shouty (in real life too.) Besides being jumpy, what did I do wrong? Please tell me so I can never do it again so we can help save the town.
My defense says that these characteristics that you think are scummy are just part of what I do. So don't call them scum, will ya?
Okay, contribute to the game more instead of just fluff posting. That's a good start.

I was going with the term "very very important" like someone stands out as an obvious scumbag. I probably should've provided a list of the scummy seeming people (too late now).
May I ask why it is too late to do so? This would actually help your case. I suggest you do this.

##UNVOTE GEKKISAIDAINI
##VOTE DUSK FORM LYCANROC
I feel (now, at least) like Gekki's flabberjaw is kind of neutral, just a flabberjaw but not a scummy flabberjaw.
DFL has something about him; like he's playing super aggressive and super defensive and it seems kind of scummy to me.
Okay, a bit better. ftr, again, your "case" on Gekki was never relevant.

Yep, that's me; you can call me Lord Fluff!

Too late to edit the post, I mean.

Oh gee, thanks. Also, I'm not scum, but I am playing it safe because I have the unique desire NOT TO BE LYNCHED!
There's the yelling voice again. Accuse me if you wish. *...sigh...*

Can someone please tell me why everyone thinks I'm scum?
Kay, so uh, please stop with the fluff stuff (ooh, rhymes!). Yeah, definitely don't edit the post. That doesn't mean you shouldn't make a new post with your reads.
Yeah, you've said that before. Anyone can say they are not scum though. Doesn't mean a thing. AtE.
Oh yeah, and you've been told several times already why you're being read as scum. Pay attention please.

And in that way of analyzing stupidity, I probably shouldn't be playing a game where you have to dissect people's posts.
Yes, this is AtE.
No, it was not intentional. Everything I have done and said was not prepared whatsoever. It just came onto the keyboard.
In a similar matter, I read things literally.
Yes please, I'd like to know (for I still think the first time.)

Would anyone like to jump off my wagon and jump on Dusk's with 4 votes on him?
Okay, this one is extremely scummy. Lets divert attention from me to the other big scum read.

I can tell you that you and I both have 4 votes on our backs.
...this ought to be good!
Again just a heck ton of notrelevantatall.

Your accusations are correct, just nervous Town over here.
The 6 votes on my back doesn't help.
AtE.

I've got nothing to hide. I'm not scum.
Like you all said, just nervous newbie town.
Hang me if you like, but you're still wrong.
Again, anyone can claim town. Just more AtE here.

Fluff, AtE. Please contribute.
TLDR: Extremely fluffy, Tons of AtE, not contributing, jumpy, yelly. Random flip-flop on votes for pretty much no reason. Random cases that make no sense.
I know he's new, but I think he's a good option for today.

Honestly going into this ISO, I wasn't so sure. But after going through everything and really reading it, I definitely think this is a good option for today.

Hang on though, I kinda wanna check something else out.

##VOTE: MegaPod_781
No PokePuns here!
RVS with no reasoning here!

Bold wasn't working though. And yes, I wasn't being serious.
Kay, any other thoughts?

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Dusk Form Lycanroc

Playing aggressive isn't always good... I'm worried.
Okey dokey, that's kinda valid. Aggressiveness isn't a bad thing either though.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: ACETRAINER_SAMEWISE
I have no evidence at all, except for Ace.
This here is absolutely useless. Doesn't have any reason, just random vote, and nothing else.

Look, I'm not saying we're together but one person's info can help people on both sides.
Kay sorry what? I'm not sure I understand this.

Can someone tally up the current votes and see where we are right now before we jump to more conclusions?
Still nobody has put out the votes for the players yet...
If you really need it that urgently, just go and look yourself. Hammer on 14 votes, pretty sure we're not gonna get their anytime soon. Go ahead and scumhunt.

##UNVOTE

If I say a thing people will go against me so all I will say is I will be useful if you keep me.
That's scummy af. "I'm not gonna say anything or contribute but you should keep me around because I'm not scum."

You, for example.
Give me a question then.
Stop stalling and answer the question you already got please thanks.

Goomy has no idea what's going on...
Irrelevant. Answer your question, this is just more fluffy.

I feel like I'm going down one day or another. @scattered mind repeat those questions for me.
Or you could just go find them yourself :shrug:. Shouldn't be too hard. Seems like you're stalling the answers to me.

@scattered mind tell me the questions! I'll answer them.
Kay but pretty sure he's told you his questions several times. Whatever, just stop stalling.

"Other than just what Scattered had to say, do you have anything else?"

On Lycanroc, he actually seems to be making stuff up. His percents and all that seem like he already knows who is scum and who isn't and is trying to hide it. Then his aggressiveness seems to be random as well.
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Dusk Form Lycanroc
So scattered reposts the messages for you...and you don't answer, replying with this instead? huh. This looks like an echo of a mix of what other people have said to me.

What questions? I think I saw only one and the others were pointing to that. But you're confirming I'm right, so why not just put pressure on me and see if I crack? This is my second ever mafia game.
Well, you still saw one of the questions. Why not answer that one?

I'm just very confused this is my first time being town.
Kay but this is still stalling xD.

First game was subtitled "A simple game of mafia." I was the only mafia member with a power and I was the first of them to die, on night 3. I was useless but it did allow me to drive home a point: In mafia trust nobody."
I had a coach and they advised me what not to do and not so much what to do. Ergo, I basically know jack squat
Guess he's kinda just explaining wassup here.

Yeah, he didn't tell that really...
So you're still not gonna answer the questions. Dodge, stall, dodge, stall. weeee

Let me help by directing attention over to someone else.

On Dusk Form Lycanroc:
“Indeed it does sound suspicious”
“Scattered Mind stop lurking”
“Now for my thoughts on Acetrainer_Samwise: I think its a 60% chance of him being scum”
“Not supplying reasons unless asked”
“Lord goomy: His being panicky”
Based on these quotes he’s very aggressive early on but as you can see from these ones:
“What are your thoughts on Goomy?”
“I didn’t take notice of this post until I was looking over Ace”
He isn’t as aggressive now.
This is common for scum, even I did this. Some townies are aggressive but considering DFL tried to stop accusing people as they got blamed, they are probably A: Scum, B: A very important role or C: Scum with an important role.
This is better, but still not answering his questions. and he says he's helping Goomy direct attention away from himself. :thinking:

I went to the Chinese restaurant Wan Fu for dinner and got a fortune cookie for dessert.My fortune says "Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash." That is my new Mafia mottto. I still vote for DFL.
Ooh ooh ooh! *raises hand* fluff!

TLDR: Some fluff, dodging/stalling questions from scattered. Little more fluff, a little more stalling, etc.

Still think Goomy is a better option for today, but I could honestly go either way. Seems like I should look into DFL as well, but I'm way to tired right now. Guess I'll do that tomorrow. For now let's ##UNVOTE: Blakers cause there is no reason to keep my vote there.

So yeah, Goomy or AP either valid options. Haven't read up on DFL yet, but will do so sometime tomorrow.

@Dusk Form Lycanroc, have you read a past game or something? you seem to be new like me but at the same time you seem like a weird mix of vet/ noob
I believe he said previously that he has never played, but he's read through the master doc and several previous games.

Lay off DFL for now. He's active and is genuinely trying to contribute. He may have made a few questionable posts, but that's to be expected, it's his first game. He's read the terminology thread (something I'm willing to bet most of the others haven't done) and is asking questions. I understand that this does not definitively mean he is town, but I think that what he's done so far has earned him a reprieve from the hokey-ass day one lynch.

I was also going to iso Lord Goomy's posts to see if I could glean anything useful from it, but Jade already did it for me.

Lord Goomy, like Firo in my last game, is playing new scum. Unlike DFL, who is a model example of how new town should play, Lord Goomy's posts have been wasted on pointless garbage that don't help anyone, least of all himself. Given that he is the front-runner for the day one lynch, his is something that should be concerning him greatly, but instead of asking his advisor for help (or just taking the advice given to him by others in thread) he does nothing but whine and go "shucks, guess I'm lynched because I panicked." This defeatist attitude is non-alignment indicative but if we're going to lynch someone today I wouldn't complain if it was Lord Goomy.

##vote: @Lord Goomy

You need to try if you want people to back off. The day one lynch is never rock solid and there is a lot of room for swaying others' opinions. But if you just raise the white flag the moment people start pressuring you, and you refuse to contribute in any meaningful way, your time among the living is going to be woefully short. Do something. This is what your advisor is for...

In regards to Anime Psyclone, he is playing cautious new town. Some of his posts are fluffy, but he is at least making an attempt at scumhunting, which is already far more than what Lord Goomy has done.

Also, I think that if a new player asks for clarification on something, we should cut them a break and point out the exact post in question. While they should be paying attention to the thread (take note, newbies), I think everyone would be better served by spelling it out and getting it out of the way - at least on day one of their first game.

FoS to @triplemo for his blatantly obvious doodoo post. I would almost rather see him strung up than Lord Goomy, but Lord Goomy needs more pressure.

Also holy shit, 14 to lynch? I had no idea there were this many players in the game. A few pages ago when I saw Lord Goomy get 7 or 8 votes I thought that was the end. Guess bribing people worked better than I thought.

Also, I think that if a new player asks for clarification on something, we should cut them a break and point out the exact post in question. While they should be paying attention to the thread (take note, newbies), I think everyone would be better served by spelling it out and getting it out of the way - at least on day one of their first game.

That would have been true in any other game, but this time there are advisors to spell things out. Also, I pretty much did spell things out for him.. twice. Still, no comment.

Town advisor has 20+ people to watch over. I don't think it's too much to ask to be a nice player and help out here and there.

D1 Vote Count #2
@Lord Goomy: 7 | Professor_jplap [#109], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#168], pikachuuuu101 [#293], GM Draclord [#296], FlavorfulPineApl [#300], triplemo [#305], PMJ [#390]
Dusk Form Lycanroc: 4 | quakingpunch73 [#242], Acetrainer_Samwise [#255], Lord Goomy [#271], Anime Psyclone [#331]
Anime Psyclone: 2 | scattered mind [#143], GekkisaiDaiNi [#332]
GekkisaiDaiNi: 2 | Blakers [#63], TOTAL_EPICNESS [#64]
Acetrainer_Samwise: 1 | MegaPod_781 [#66]
PMJ: 1 | Yog [#222-#236]
rainyman123: 1 | Tyler Beta [#134]
simsands: 1 | mirdo [#93 ]
triplemo: 1 | simsands [#301]
Tyler Beta: 1 | rainyman123 [#125]

No vote:
DashKing, Jadethepokemontrainer, Luispipe8, mordacazir, The Last Shaymin, TheSceptileMaster, Yog

Majority: 14 votes
Hours remaining: 39.5 hrs [countdown]
Past vote counts: [#1]
Note: This vote count does not show any decreased or increased vote weights, if any.

@TheSceptileMaster is yet to post and is currently risking being subbed out.

If I have missed your vote (and I probably have for at least one of you!), tag me in-thread with the post number of the vote I missed.

Full vote count (including every vote and unvote from day begin):
Lord Goomy: 7 | Professor_jplap [#109], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#117-#136], Acetrainer_Samwise [#119-#255], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#168], GekkisaiDaiNi [#290-#295], pikachuuuu101 [#293], GM Draclord [#296], FlavorfulPineApl [#300], The Last Shaymin [#304-#33], triplemo [#305], PMJ [#390]
Dusk Form Lycanroc: 4 | The Last Shaymin [#127-#250], Anime Psyclone [#138-#156], quakingpunch73 [#242], Acetrainer_Samwise [#255], Lord Goomy [#271], Anime Psyclone [#331]
Anime Psyclone: 2 | rainyman123 [#94-#125], scattered mind [#143], GekkisaiDaiNi [#332]
GekkisaiDaiNi: 2 | Blakers [#63], TOTAL_EPICNESS [#64], Lord Goomy [#100-#146], Lord Goomy [#252-#271]
Acetrainer_Samwise: 1 | MegaPod_781 [#66], Anime Psyclone [#156-#331]
rainyman123: 1 | Tyler Beta [#134]
simsands: 1 | mirdo [#93 ], Luispipe8 [#173-#384]
triplemo: 1 | simsands [#301]
Tyler Beta: 1 | rainyman123 [#125], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#136-#168], pikachuuuu101 [#141-#293]

Blakers: 0 | Jadethepokemontrainer [#58-#389], GekkisaiDaiNi [#295-#332]
FlavorfulPineApl: 0| GekkisaiDaiNi [#56-#67], Acetrainer_Samwise [#59-#119]
Jadethepokemontrainer: 0| Dusk Form Lycanroc [#60-#117]
Luispipe8: 0 | quakingpunch73 [#62-#242], simsands [#96-#301]
MegaPod_781: 0 | Anime Psyclone [#68 -#138]
pikachuuuu101: 0 | Lord Goomy [#146-#252]
PMJ: 0 | Yog [#222-#236]
rainyman123: 0 | GM Draclord [#118-#296]
TOTAL_EPICNESS: 0 | GekkisaiDaiNi [#67- #290]

Last edited:
Why is it 17 to lynch with 27 players in the game?

Okay I am back and can contribute, and very glad to have a recent vote count because there is a lot of nothing posts since yesterday.

Goomy has a lot of suspicion and votes on him right now but I read it as being a new player playing poorly. I'm not opposed to lynching him to find out, because we'd get a lot of additional information since he's had so many interactions with people (same logic can apply for why I'd be okay with lynching Lycanroc). But I do feel both are probably just townies under pressure. Mafia can sit back and let the fingers get pointed and keep their hands clean.

And maybe swoop in now and again with bandwagon votes. e.g.

##VOTE: Lord Goomy
from what i can see, he is maf

##VOTE: Triplemo

@triplemo can you answer what was asked of you already and give some better reasoning that 'what you can see'. Please state what it is exactly that you can see.

However, I think more than half of the times we lynched this kind of players, they were simply new town.
Can confirm, and this is also 1 of my reasons I’m hesitant to lynch goomy.
Hol up im confusion
I'm just very confused this is my first time being town.
Let’s tell a story about my first mafia game. I was in a scum team with 3 others and those were bb, thegrovylekid and Vom. In day 2 I was being pressured by Camo and other because of my mostly inactivity. BB just told me 1 thing: say you’re confused. (Or something along those lines). I did that and it actually worked. They were of my back because i was new and inexperienced. I just get the same vibe from these posts. It’s like he’s ordered to say he’s confused (by either camo or his scumbuddies).
How does talking about a past Mafia accomplish anything...
Meta analysing. If someone plays really different as town or as scum, you can tell by previous game how he acts as either scum or town.
50% is just being safe, because if (And to me that's a BIG if) Lord Goomy is town, then there is still a chance that Acetrainer_Samwise is scum.
Ehhm why?
Your accusations are correct, just nervous Town over here.
The 6 votes on my back doesn't help.
AtE again.
Let me help by directing attention over to someone else.

On Dusk Form Lycanroc:
“Indeed it does sound suspicious”
“Scattered Mind stop lurking”
“Now for my thoughts on Acetrainer_Samwise: I think its a 60% chance of him being scum”
“Not supplying reasons unless asked”
“Lord goomy: His being panicky”

Based on these quotes he’s very aggressive early on but as you can see from these ones:
“What are your thoughts on Goomy?”
“I didn’t take notice of this post until I was looking over Ace”

He isn’t as aggressive now.
This is common for scum, even I did this. Some townies are aggressive but considering DFL tried to stop accusing people as they got blamed, they are probably A: Scum, B: A very important role or C: Scum with an important role.
Being aggresive first and changing to a little more silent isn’t that scummy. FMPOV a pretty bad case.
Fluff

You only pressured PMJ. Other than that, I haven't seen you doing anything about putting pressure on non-contributors, which, ironically, include you atm.

It is true, I have not been around much but I did warn that yesterday would be an offline day for me. But even the prodding / tagging of the seven or so people in my other post, means if they are around at all, they need to get in here and post something. This kind of pressure rather than full-on votes is more what I am used to.

To add, AP is the scummiest person FMPOV.
Okay I am back and can contribute, and very glad to have a recent vote count because there is a lot of nothing posts since yesterday.

Goomy has a lot of suspicion and votes on him right now but I read it as being a new player playing poorly. I'm not opposed to lynching him to find out, because we'd get a lot of additional information since he's had so many interactions with people (same logic can apply for why I'd be okay with lynching Lycanroc). But I do feel both are probably just townies under pressure. Mafia can sit back and let the fingers get pointed and keep their hands clean.

And maybe swoop in now and again with bandwagon votes. e.g.

##VOTE: Triplemo

@triplemo can you answer what was asked of you already and give some better reasoning that 'what you can see'. Please state what it is exactly that you can see.
What’s your opinion on AP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back