Finished Mafia XLII: War of the Gods ~ GAME OVER ~ Town wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll claim:
You are Dyntos and you are aligned with Skyworld. You are the God of the Forge, ancient and cunning, you are more powerful than many of the other gods, but your seclusion keeps them from knowing that. Instead you work alone, devoted to your craft. Of course, since Pit completed your trials before, you figured that Skyworld is a worthy side to join.

Active Ability: Master Smith
You are the master of crafting, smithing, forging and creating almost anything the Gods desire. Each night you may PM the names of up to two players. Those players will be sent an Idol, however, in your old age, senility has hit you somewhat hard, and you are unable to remember what those trinkets do only moments after sending them away.

Active Ability: Check the Stores
As the creator of said Idols, you can remember exactly what they do so long as you can see them. You may PM the name of a player that you did not use Master Smith on in the same night. You will learn how many Idols they have, and what each Idol does. You may then choose to exchange one of those Idols with one of your own.

Win Condition: Eliminate all players not aligned with Skyworld

Cel, it's not a role fish. I have a legit reason for asking this that I'll explain if he says yes/no or in a couple of hours if he's offline. There's very little risk in saying it, which is why it's fine in my book. I believe Prof. is scum a lot more depending in one of the answers.

Also, a reads list:
bb- Leaning town. He's never done anything very scummy, is not tunneling a side, and took the initative with the Prof. P slip. This causes me to believe him.
Cel- Leaning scum. His extreme tunneling is ridiculous, and there are small connections to Lorde.
IE- Neutral, leaning scum. He's said basically nothing, but he gave a useless comparison between me and Camo in that time. Lorde also gave a small defense for him.
Lorde- Large scum. BB and I have both made cases on her. Check them out.
Morda- Leaning town. He's trying to play better, and it's apparent and nice to see.
Mirdo- Neutral, leaning town. He's not really said much that I remember. By virtue of the fact that there are more townies than scum, he's leaning town.
Jesi- Medium scum. Lorde tried to defend HW, and HW was a bit strange when he was playing. We haven't heard from her at all, which I'd want before I made a decision on her.
Prof. P- Leaning scum. He potentially slipped. That's all I have.
Scattered- Large town. He's acting like a townie, thinking out all of his posts in a logical manner and always listening to other points of view.
Rainy- Leaning town. He's been tunneling me, but he's clearly playing better, and trying to think things out.
Jade- Neutral. He seems to be playing like a townie, but Lorde's strange interaction with him makes me unsure.

Interestingly, most of NP's reads reflect my own. That makes me lean more town on him; that or town is playing really poorly, or I'm just simply really off this game.

Cel, it's not a role fish. I have a legit reason for asking this that I'll explain if he says yes/no or in a couple of hours if he's offline. There's very little risk in saying it, which is why it's fine in my book. I believe Prof. is scum a lot more depending in one of the answers.
Because I'm curious, I'm Palutena. It appears as though you think this is scummy, and I want to know why to consolidate my read on you.

Also, because it happens every single game, I resent tunnelling accusations. It's called pressuring, not tunnelling. If a better alternative comes up, I shift target, and I always comment on every presented case. Just because I post a lot about one specific player, it doesn't mean I'm only posting about them. You can see exactly this in this game.

##UNVOTE: NinjaPenguin
##VOTE: Professor Palutena

NP's role has synergy with my role which I wouldn't expect to see on scum.

I brought this up last game (see below), and it's completely applicable here. NP is not playing like Camo. He's no where near as aggressive as Camo. Camo posts four or five times in quick succession, doesn't explain things and is much more pushy. Don't throw around comparisons like that, because they're false.

I did say that NP attempts to explain things more than Camo, but I take your point.

--

The PP "slip" is very interesting. With this part:

bbninjas said:
Does your role also say something about how "-snip-" could be a safeclaim?

what made you say that, bb?

Either way it seems like the main possibilities are:
-bb is lying to get PP lynched, which is probably not likely unless the main lynch candidates are bb's scumbuddies and he's trying to protect them.
-PP is lying either because he's scum or because he hasn't paid attention.
-Wording error in the roles. bb's justifications against this make sense though.

##UNVOTE

Before placing my vote I'd like to see what PP says about the slip.

It sounds weird, but here you go. If Prof. was Palutena, I'd expect him to take more time to post/play the game, seeing as he got his dream role. If Palutena was his safeclaim (which I suspected, seeing as Palutena and Pit make sense in a QT together), he wouldn't have cared and would have still been inactive. Therefore, if he claimed Palutena, I was pretty sure he would be scum.

Because I'm curious, I'm Palutena. It appears as though you think this is scummy, and I want to know why to consolidate my read on you.
Why did you feel it so necessary to claim Palutena, especially considering you're the one who was sorta against claiming in the first place?

Also, because it happens every single game, I resent tunnelling accusations. It's called pressuring, not tunnelling. If a better alternative comes up, I shift target, and I always comment on every presented case. Just because I post a lot about one specific player, it doesn't mean I'm only posting about them. You can see exactly this in this game.
I believe you spent 24 to 48 hours focused pretty much entirely on NP, iirc, which is at least where I'd say you've been tunelling. You also do a bit of OMGUSy stuff every now and then, and some of your points seems to not consider other possibilities, and I tend to consider both a sign of tunelling, especially for you. But anyway that's an entirely different discussion so I'm going to leave it at that.

Also, I haven't seen 8 people viewing this thread simultaneously in a long time (even if two of them are hosts). :eek:

Also, in re-opening the Role PM to confirm the synergy (and to try and suss out what NP might be thinking based on his claim), I noticed I'm missing a space character. Declaring it now so that when I claim people don't try and make out it's an edited fakeclaim based on the error; it's happened before.
I want to know this too. Trying to trip up your QT buddies isn't exactly the norm for you, bb.

So three of the mayor contributing players already claimed part of their role on day 1? That is new to me. Also, I'm thinking more and more that some inactives are scum @PikaMasterJesi @Ice Espeon @Jadethepokemontrainer @rainyman123 @Professor Palutena @mirdo . Mainly because the rest except lorde seems towny to me so maybe you should stop focusing on each other and NP. Because to me he is not scummy anymore because his well made posts and his reads list that is similar to mine.
I think it was really smart to say something like that to test if your qt partner is scum or not.
I want to know this too. Trying to trip up your QT buddies isn't exactly the norm for you, bb.
In which game did he have a qt buddie? And do you read all those qt's in a post game?

I noticed in my role that it lacked anything about my QT partner perhaps having a safeclaim, which has become somewhat standard in roles recently. I checked because recently a lot of QTs have been town/indie or town/scum partnerships, and so I was more cautious than normal. I then figured that I could perhaps catch out Prof P in a lie and thus 'confirm' his alignment if I said the right thing, and so that's why I asked what I did, and phrased it the way I did.

Celever, I don't know why you think this isn't normal for me; you musn't have played with much when I've done this sort of thing, or just not noticed at all.

Ice Espeon said:
Before placing my vote I'd like to see what PP says about the slip.
This could be buddying. Maybe. Both alignments can ask this, but if PP is scum, this is giving Prof P a chance to explain, which is what scum would want to happen in this situation. This could be the case especially if there's something that can be explained based off PP's role, which IE would have known in advance.

It sounds weird, but here you go. If Prof. was Palutena, I'd expect him to take more time to post/play the game, seeing as he got his dream role. If Palutena was his safeclaim (which I suspected, seeing as Palutena and Pit make sense in a QT together), he wouldn't have cared and would have still been inactive. Therefore, if he claimed Palutena, I was pretty sure he would be scum.
This seems to be a fudgey reason to ask for a role claim. It's not exactly worth the risk and it's already very subjective. >.>

Because to me he is not scummy anymore because his well made posts and his reads list that is similar to mine.
This is interesting to note considering I also agree with that list; which makes it three with fairly similar reads. I'm not sure what it to make of it, although it gives me more confidence with my own reads.

In which game did he have a qt buddie? And do you read all those qt's in a post game?
Most of my QT chats recently have been with players when I've been scum. I had one with Jesi, Vracken (or someone else new, I can't remember) and Celever recently all as scum. I was also in a number of multi-participant mason chats in my first few games, although I was new then. I've had more mason chats on another site.

It not only sounds weird, but also extremely flawed! Seems like I name-claimed for nothing.
Why did you feel it so necessary to claim Palutena, especially considering you're the one who was sorta against claiming in the first place?
I was hoping NP would have information of some description about Palutena from a scum role or scumchat which isn't included in his safeclaim, which he would accidentally reveal.
I believe you spent 24 to 48 hours focused pretty much entirely on NP, iirc, which is at least where I'd say you've been tunelling. You also do a bit of OMGUSy stuff every now and then, and some of your points seems to not consider other possibilities, and I tend to consider both a sign of tunelling, especially for you. But anyway that's an entirely different discussion so I'm going to leave it at that.
Our day phases are quite long though, so it's not quite the same. And I may be focussed on NP, but there also aren't lots of people posting at all. That was also early day, where you have to create leads, and you don't get that by looking skittish.
So three of the mayor contributing players already claimed part of their role on day 1? That is new to me. Also, I'm thinking more and more that some inactives are scum @PikaMasterJesi @Ice Espeon @Jadethepokemontrainer @rainyman123 @Professor Palutena @mirdo . Mainly because the rest except lorde seems towny to me so maybe you should stop focusing on each other and NP. Because to me he is not scummy anymore because his well made posts and his reads list that is similar to mine.
I kinda agree at this point. I think scum are doing the classic "lurk and let them kill each other", but then again, when we thought that last game, they weren't doing that. It's so hard to tell.
[quote[In which game did he have a qt buddie? And do you read all those qt's in a post game?[/QUOTE]
My brain is poor at remembering specifics, but I do remember that he didn't do it last game in a QT with me :U FTR I do always read QTs in the post game though.
This could be buddying. Maybe. Both alignments can ask this, but if PP is scum, this is giving Prof P a chance to explain, which is what scum would want to happen in this situation. This could be the case especially if there's something that can be explained based off PP's role, which IE would have known in advance.
What you're saying here is that you want Prof lynched without fair trial.

I was hoping NP would have information of some description about Palutena from a scum role or scumchat which isn't included in his safeclaim, which he would accidentally reveal.
Please tell me you're being sarcastic... >.>

I kinda agree at this point. I think scum are doing the classic "lurk and let them kill each other", but then again, when we thought that last game, they weren't doing that. It's so hard to tell.
I think this is what is happening. I'm reading a lot of the more active players as fairly solid town as well, which is funny because this is Day 1 and normally my reads are mostly neutral Day 1. >.>

What you're saying here is that you want Prof lynched without fair trial.
No, I also think that Prof P should claim; in fact, I asked that he would in our QT chat as to avoid wasting time if I was wrong, but he didn't seem to see it by the time he logged off for the night. (I outed the potential slip now because we had only about 24 hours remaining and we need that full 24 hours (ideally more) to discuss this.) Rather, I simply am marking that post as something worth considering on Prof P's flip - especially because people aren't looking back to previous Days much for links atm; and it could be a good starting lead going into Day 2 if Prof is mafia.

From the QT, immediately after my "why are you lying" post in the QT:

bb said:
Care to explain why/how you're not lying, and why I shouldn't just treat this as a scumslip?
bb said:
Please copy/paste your QT Ability here.

My brain is poor at remembering specifics, but I do remember that he didn't do it last game in a QT with me :U FTR I do always read QTs in the post game though.
My brain is also poor at remembering things :D but I think you chose bb and some others as qt partners and bb didn't have anything in his role about that qt so it's probably hard to ask something to check if your scum or something.

No, I also think that Prof P should claim; in fact, I asked that he would in our QT chat as to avoid wasting time if I was wrong, but he didn't seem to see it by the time he logged off for the night. (I outed the potential slip now because we had only about 24 hours remaining and we need that full 24 hours (ideally more) to discuss this.) Rather, I simply am marking that post as something worth considering on Prof P's flip - especially because people aren't looking back to previous Days much for links atm; and it could be a good starting lead going into Day 2 if Prof is mafia.
My point is that IE said "let's give Prof a fair trial" and you were like "nahhhhh". I think the action is affiliation neutral at worst, fairly townie at best, considering fair trial is important to avoid scumslips.

Mirdo's posts
Then i saw her face, now i will ##vote:celever
not a trace of doubt in my mind.

s/o to me for making a reference to a song from the 60`s
RVS
I'm busy dying from the heat and also working. Oh also losing my wallet today. So enjoy some of the posts that stood out to me and some witty comments.

Sarkasm is a hard language

Sure. why not.

ohno

This does make sense. And I dunno if im making a misstake by saying that but i would give NP a pass here. Also he is one of the more usefull players in the game. I would like to avoid a lynch like me last game where a highly contributing player goes out because of bs. Granted his beginning play was shady. But i don't have enough evidence to push a lynch against him cause he is also usefull.

JUST KISS ALREADY. Also "It's so fluffy I'm gonna die.
I wouldn't put it past Cel and NP to be Scumbuddys and doing this as a distraction. Considering how experienced and sh*t they are. Just Sayin.

Got a point.

I dunno if that should be a thing we should be doing. Sure not lynching D1 is a bit of a weird / scummy thing to suggest.

My conclusion is that i don't have a conclusion. This game is a mess,

In my opionon we should look to get a rid of inactives (which would be me aswell. Whoops)
Because all that contribute seem kinda town to me.
And so far i haven't seen to much by Jade. Ice Espeon and RainyMan.

But eh my brain is mush. See you tomorrow when somebody picked this thread apart and spun the gun in my direction o/
Okay post, note here that he also thinks the active people are town and the inactives aren't
This is just a post with 2 quotes I don't really understand.
So that only makes 1 useful post. That's not a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back