Finished Mafia XLII: War of the Gods ~ GAME OVER ~ Town wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mirdo is viewing the thread accordingly.

I think that's a good point mord, but I don't think there is enough to pursue today. Worth keeping in mind.

So, in short, Prof P is likely lying about his QT Ability stating that my role could be a safe claim. Thoughts, particularly @scattered mind?

Let PP answer that. His answer can help us deduce if one of you is scum for sure, meaning that it can eliminate the third possibility of both of you town that got something wrong in the mechanic.

One thing for sure, if PP's going to sub out we should see that as an attempt to escape this and should lynch him before that happens.

One thing for sure, if PP's going to sub out we should see that as an attempt to escape this and should lynch him before that happens.
I agree with this. The thing I'm nervous about rn is that if I were scumProf, I would be stalling things out as much as humanely possible right now, and might manipulate a NP through apathy/human error.

I agree with this. The thing I'm nervous about rn is that if I were scumProf, I would be stalling things out as much as humanely possible right now, and might manipulate a NP through apathy/human error.

Are you no longer certain NP is scum? If not, what made you think that? You said something about your role name that he mentioned that made you for the first time doubting your case on him, but then he gave an unexpected reason for that that does not have much connection to roles, just to PP's personality.

Are you no longer certain NP is scum? If not, what made you think that? You said something about your role name that he mentioned that made you for the first time doubting your case on him, but then he gave an unexpected reason for that that does not have much connection to roles, just to PP's personality.
I always doubt my cases and re-evaluate the strength of it; I just don't show it if it's the best option for the day for the sake of pressure. I think it is very plausible that NP is scum, but I'm giving him the leverage he so-desperately desired to give him a chance to contribute. If Prof gives a good response, I will move back to him, as he is second-scummiest rn.

@Professor Palutena has requested to be subbed out due to time constraints. Replacements are being contacted.
Hades demands that I apologize for the inconvenience
Given the situation that Prof is nearly lynched, do you think it's truly worth using a sub up for someone you may be able to play for a matter of hours? I feel like it'd be best to save the substitute for night, and would do that myself, so confirmation about how this will be handled would be appreciated.

I noticed in my role that it lacked anything about my QT partner perhaps having a safeclaim, which has become somewhat standard in roles recently. I checked because recently a lot of QTs have been town/indie or town/scum partnerships, and so I was more cautious than normal. I then figured that I could perhaps catch out Prof P in a lie and thus 'confirm' his alignment if I said the right thing, and so that's why I asked what I did, and phrased it the way I did.

Makes sense. I suspected that reason but just wanted to hear it from you :p

This could be buddying. Maybe. Both alignments can ask this, but if PP is scum, this is giving Prof P a chance to explain, which is what scum would want to happen in this situation. This could be the case especially if there's something that can be explained based off PP's role, which IE would have known in advance.

TBH I just thought that it seemed like you were rushing people into the PP thing and I was curious to listen to what PP had to say about it, but with the request to be subbed we effectively have heard now so I've got no issue with the vote. :p

As everyone has said, that sub out is really scummy.
##UNVOTE: lord o da rings
##VOTE: Professor Palutena

Nobody else should vote Prof. P. We don't want an early hammer, as he could give us info on bb if he does flip town.

As everyone has said, that sub out is really scummy.
##UNVOTE: lord o da rings
##VOTE: Professor Palutena

Nobody else should vote Prof. P. We don't want an early hammer, as he could give us info on bb if he does flip town.
We want a hammer so that a sub isn't used unnecessarily and Prof has made it clear he won't post again because he wants to sub out.

Exactly, the only reason he's watching the thread is probably to stall us from hammering as a last ditch effort, in case a he'll sub out and the votes will reset.
Town PP would not sub out like this- he would at least put down a comment responding to bb, but scumPP would definitely prefer not to post anything that might give any further info to the town. @Professor Palutena if you are town and just throwing this game, well, that's a shame, but I don't think that's the case knowing you.

@mirdo - Nothing to say/vote?

Hammering also avoids modkills for people with <3 posts, which is certainly good.

@mirdo you're viewing. You might as well do the honour.

We want a hammer so that a sub isn't used unnecessarily and Prof has made it clear he won't post again because he wants to sub out.
Go ahead with the hammer, but I'd still like to hear thoughts from these people first:
@mirdo
@Jadethepokemontrainer
@rainyman123
@Lord o da rings
@PikaMasterJesi

Exactly, the only reason he's watching the thread is probably to stall us from hammering as a last ditch effort, in case a he'll sub out and the votes will reset.
Town PP would not sub out like this- he would at least put down a comment responding to bb, but scumPP would definitely prefer not to post anything that might give any further info to the town. @Professor Palutena if you are town and just throwing this game, well, that's a shame, but I don't think that's the case knowing you.
It's strange that you say this, because I remember the exact opposite. When town Prof. is suspected, he generally disappears or self-votes. When scum Prof. is suspected, he's generally calm, cool, and collected. I'll try to find a good quote of his that says this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back