Yveltal EX / Darkrai EX

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS
RE: Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

A metagame is, in terms of a tcg, the collective environment of decks that you may face at a tournament or where ever. Very few people run Zoroark; its not something anyone tests against, techs for, or even remembers about half the time. Therefore, its clearly not a part of most player's "meta"-and isn't a "meta deck".

Also, you'd be surprised how many people consider a deck meta without testing with or against it at all.

Aggressiv

Aspiring Trainer

IMO this deck isn't even really meta alone anymore. Without energy switch straight darkrai is as good as dead, he needs a partner to get by now.

It2Zoroark

Aspiring Trainer

camoclone said:
It2Zoroark said:
I understand what you're saying with regards to Zoroark and that's fair. However no deck just is a metadeck. Every decklist ever played started with someone somewhere thinking these 60 cards would play great together. A metadeck becomes a metadeck through intensive testing and success only then does it get popular and become played extensively. Either way sorry to waste your time with my posts. Have a good one
No not at all... A meta deck is a deck that is widely played as well as having a possibility of winning. Zoarak is neither of those.

It isnt widely played no, but that does not mean it doesn't have the possibility of winning. My deck is 26-10 in testing against 3 of the biggest decks right now. With laser/bank added, Zoroark is a very viable set to run IMO. It can T2 OHKO any non-eviolited 170hp or less EX. Not too many other decks can do that. Maybe Keldeo/Blastoise and thats it? Correct me if I am wrong.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer

It2Zoroark said:
camoclone said:
No not at all... A meta deck is a deck that is widely played as well as having a possibility of winning. Zoarak is neither of those.

It isnt widely played no, but that does not mean it doesn't have the possibility of winning. My deck is 26-10 in testing against 3 of the biggest decks right now. With laser/bank added, Zoroark is a very viable set to run IMO. It can T2 OHKO any non-eviolited 170hp or less EX. Not too many other decks can do that. Maybe Keldeo/Blastoise and thats it? Correct me if I am wrong.
Plasma can as well.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS

All of the top 3 can OHKO a 170 HP Eviolited EX. Plasma uses Tool Scrapper, or the fact that nobody runs Eviolite any more anyway.

It2Zoroark

Aspiring Trainer

Dark Void said:
All of the top 3 can OHKO a 170 HP Eviolited EX. Plasma uses Tool Scrapper, or the fact that nobody runs Eviolite any more anyway.

I didn't say they couldn't, I am talking strictly about a T2 OHKO on a 170 Hp EX Which is something Zoroark is very useful for

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head

It2Zoroark said:
camoclone said:

If your Zoarak deck is 26-10 then I believe there is something very wrong with your lists.

It2Zoroark

Aspiring Trainer

camoclone said:
It2Zoroark said:
If your Zoarak deck is 26-10 then I believe there is something very wrong with your lists.

Not my lists, other players in the local league. They are standard lists for Landorus/Garbodor, Blastoise/Keldeo EX (Doesn't run Tropical beach though), and Big Basics (Plasma). It's also a little unfair that you assume because it's an unusual set means it automatically cannot do anything against the metagame. It's a powerful deck test it yourself and find out.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head

It2Zoroark said:
camoclone said:

Not my lists, other players in the local league. They are standard lists for Landorus/Garbodor, Blastoise/Keldeo EX (Doesn't run Tropical beach though), and Big Basics (Plasma). It's also a little unfair that you assume because it's an unusual set means it automatically cannot do anything against the metagame. It's a powerful deck test it yourself and find out.
I have tested it against decks and deducted that it isn't that great right now. Also the decks you are testing against aren't exactly meta decks except for TDK.

littywitty

Chris Collins

Congrats to Israel for winning the CA reigonals with straight Darkrai! Running a cool tech to totally sway the Blastoise match-up, Frozen City! What are your thoughts on this?

evascythe

Aspiring Trainer

littywitty said:
Congrats to Israel for winning the CA reigonals with straight Darkrai! Running a cool tech to totally sway the Blastoise match-up, Frozen City! What are your thoughts on this?

It's a pretty good idea. Just have to make sure to play it at the right time(s).

Serperior

~
Advanced Member

Wow, that's actually a really good idea. Considering Keldeo needs at least 3 Energy to get going, that's 60 damage. Dark Claw and Night Spear is 110, making that a perfect 170 for the KO. Congrats!

Rizzo

Aspiring Trainer

A question for everyone: How are you supposed to beat VirGen? Without Garbodor it might get harder, isn't it?

List removed...If you would like help with your list please post it in Deck List Help. ~Camoclone

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS

How did he stick the Frozen City though? He only ran 1 afaik and pretty much every truly good Blastoise list has multiple Beach.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head

Dark Void said:
How did he stick the Frozen City though? He only ran 1 afaik and pretty much every truly good Blastoise list has multiple Beach.
I would assume that would be through playing it late game or Junk Hunting it back however I'm not sure... The game has been posted somewhere and I'll see if I can find it in my free time :).

Blah

DBT

He stuck the frozen city because the Blastoise player prized 2 beach at the only point in the game where it mattered. He also hit 3 dark patch the one turn he badly needed an attack.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this deck is bad. I just merely think it was a meta call in a gigantic field of Darkrai/Garbodor. Beating Blastoise is going to be a very, very rare occurrence and I think the finals were a misrepresentation of how that matchup normally goes.

littywitty

Chris Collins

Darkrai seemed as though it was over when the rule changes were posted, but all is well because 2 major cards for this deck have been reprinted in our latest set legendary treasures. Energy Switch and Crushing Hammer! Now with new techs introduced to straight Darkrai like Frozen City, what will people get rid of to put in the reprinted cards?

miniman

It's Blissey Time

Even with the new techs Darkrai gets (Energy switch, Frozen City, and Crushing Hammer) the blastiose match-up is still a pain in the butt. However it does have a very nice plasma match-up (especially if you play Enhanced hammers). So playing Darkrai relies on an accurate meta-call. Also the new rules still hurt Darkrai a lot, catcher errata makes setting up double KO's a lot harder and going first can really hurt the deck since you do not have the option to Junk Hunt.

Thirsty

Aspiring Trainer

After running this deck with frozen city, I can say it does not hurt the consistency of the deck.

Lil Wayne

.=I Hate to see her go.. love to watch her leave=.

Do you still play Virbank City Gym if you Play Frozen City?