Yveltal EX / Darkrai EX

RE: Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

GHJamesGH said:
dark spear
lol well played

Anyway, my main concern with this deck is the speed loss combined with V/G being able to cancel lasers making for a rather sub-par matchup (if V/G truly does become a big part of the meta). That combined with a very iffy Blastoise matchup makes for a deck that isn't exactly great.

Granted, I've done almost no testing with it, but the fact that it beats Plasma isn't earning it top spots unless it can best other things too. I don't think the deck is dead, but it's going to lose a lot of luster.

Anybody that didn't watch the stream is going to think I'm an idiot haha

It has a good match-up to Virgen actually. There are almost always times when there is a Pokemon in play that doesn't have a grass energy, and there will be no grass energy on turn 1 for sure, The speed loss is really not all that great, you just have to build your deck to focus around Dark Patch.

The deck has good match-ups across the board, except for Blastoise. That didn't stop it from winning Worlds though, so the deck has to be good.

Darkrai is the deck I have tested the most ever :p

What about Garbador to counter Virizion (as well as other things, like Deoxys/Blastoise)?

You lose the free Retreat from Darkrai, but what you gain is significant.

The World Championships have proven that Darkrai/Garbodor is a great deck. The only thing I fear is that people will be running higher counts of tool scrapper because of VirGen, Trubbish and the increased popularity of Garbodor.

I was thinking maybe Frozen City. It doesn't matter if you hurt yourself with it, because Black Kyurem EX is going to OHKO you anyway.

I think Garbodor/Darkrai is the way to go. Now you almost need to be playing Switch (I put Switch in Darkai long ago), because of the lack of Energy Switch, adding Garbodor seems to be the one card that gives you a chance against Blastoise and kinda Virizion/Genesect. And I also like EXP. Share in Darkai too, as a pseudo-Energy Switch. I would probably run a thicker 3-3 line because Garbodor is going to have a huge target on it's head.

Not to mention Plasma really isn't all that scary if they can't use Deoxys.

Hmm, I'm thinking this.

I drop my Enchanced hammer line and just run a 2-2 Garbador

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Hmm, I'm thinking this.

You'd also need to add some Tools to the list. Float Stones would probably be the best. Dark Claw's alone can't fuel Garbodor, especially with all the Tool Scrapper in the new format.

Wait, you run 4 Enhanced Hammer?

This dark spear deck is dead next format. However you use dark spear with hydregion and now were talking.

If you think Hydreigon is better than speed darkrai, you have done no testing at all. The deck is just as bad as before, if not worse.

Generally using a deck that relies on keeping Energy in play is bad in a format that revolves around one-shotting everything in the game.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Hmm, I'm thinking this.

I would keep at least 1 Enhanced Hammer in your Deck, since you can Junk Hunt for it if need be, it is very useful against TDK Decks.

Switch vs Float Stone? I'm partial to Float Stone, as you can get more than 1 use out of it if the opponent doesn't have a Tool Scrapper next turn. Both are Junk Huntable.

Sheriff_K said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:
Hmm, I'm thinking this.

I would keep at least 1 Enhanced Hammer in your Deck, since you can Junk Hunt for it if need be, it is very useful against TDK Decks.

Switch vs Float Stone? I'm partial to Float Stone, as you can get more than 1 use out of it if the opponent doesn't have a Tool Scrapper next turn. Both are Junk Huntable.

If you run Garbodor, run 4 Float Stone. If you don't, run 4 switch.

GHJamesGH said:
I don't see how Switch would be better if you didn't run Garbodor? Both are searchable/huntable, both give [at least] 1 Retreat/Switch. The only difference I can see is Float Stone, if not Scrapped, can potentially be of more than 1 use. While Switch allows you to retain the option to Retreat after Switching, though I can't think of a scenario in which that would be necessary..

Sheriff_K said:
GHJamesGH said:
I don't see how Switch would be better if you didn't run Garbodor? Both are searchable/huntable, both give [at least] 1 Retreat/Switch. The only difference I can see is Float Stone, if not Scrapped, can potentially be of more than 1 use. While Switch allows you to retain the option to Retreat after Switching, though I can't think of a scenario in which that would be necessary..

Switch gets you out of Hypnotoxic laser and doesn't get in the way of attaching dark claw. In addition, it doesn't boost your opponent's trubbish.

I run Garbodor, 4 Float Stone, and 2 Switch.

Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

What do you all think about these Pokemon lines:
3 Darkrai EX
4 Sableye
2 Landorus EX
1 Terrakion
1 Keldeo EX

What exactly does Landorus do for you? Seems like it just strains your energy line trying to fit it in.

Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

Dark Void said:
What exactly does Landorus do for you? Seems like it just strains your energy line trying to fit it in.
It one shots and helps in the mirror...

It one shots what that Darkrai or Absol (with a Dark Claw) can't? And Terrakion is way better in the mirror.

Back