Yveltal EX / Darkrai EX

Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

Dark Void said:
It one shots what that Darkrai or Absol (with a Dark Claw) can't? And Terrakion is way better in the mirror.
Absol is quite situational and Darkrai doesn't 1-shot a playable EX.

RE: Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

So I've been looking for a new deck to play and I figured Darkrai would be good. I just made this list with Hammers would this work?

2 Mewtwo EX ND 54
3 Darkrai EX DE 63
2 Sableye DE 62
1 Keldeo EX BC 142
1 Absol PF 67

4 Professor Juniper BW 101
2 Bianca EP 90
4 Crushing Hammer EP 92
4 N NV 101
4 Dark Patch DE 93
4 Pokemon Catcher DE 111
3 Enhanced Hammer DE 94
2 Skyla BC 149
1 Computer Search BC 137
4 Hypnotoxic Laser PS 123
2 Virbank City Gym PS 126
4 Ultra Ball PF 122
1 Max Potion PF 121

8 Darkness Energy BW 111
4 Double Colorless Energy ND 92

Enhanced Hammer > Crushing Hammer anyways, flips are terrible in this game right now ):

MrGatr said:
Enhanced Hammer > Crushing Hammer anyways, flips are terrible in this game right now ):
I must agree however I don't know why you are apparently :( about it. Flips put less skill into the game...

I understand that hypnotoxic laser is used in combination with virbank to poison for 3 damage and possibly put to sleep but I still think it is kind of overrated. No offense. I mean, I understand whatever extra damage you can get in competitive battling is good, but it still takes up a good bit of space. It does have a good place in decks like this though that have plenty of extra space for trainers, but I still think it wouldn't do well in most other decks like Keldeo EX/ Blastoise/ Black Kyurem EX. Sorry for being a bit off topic, I just wanted to say how I feel about this super-hyped card.

Keldeo EX FTW said:
I understand that hypnotoxic laser is used in combination with virbank to poison for 3 damage and possibly put to sleep but I still think it is kind of overrated. No offense. I mean, I understand whatever extra damage you can get in competitive battling is good, but it still takes up a good bit of space. It does have a good place in decks like this though that have plenty of extra space for trainers, but I still think it wouldn't do well in most other decks like Keldeo EX/ Blastoise/ Black Kyurem EX. Sorry for being a bit off topic, I just wanted to say how I feel about this super-hyped card.

Hmm. Well it was in the deck that won worlds, so I'm going to have to disagree on this one, not to mention with darkrai dark claw you just hit AMAZING numbers.

Edit:
Also misread. It's pretty terrible in blasty.

Hypnotoxic Laser is fantastic. You aren't playing it for the status; you're playing it for an extra 30 damage without even attacking. So what if Blastoise can easily get out of it? The 30 damage still sticks. Without even mentioning the math that Darkrai can pull off, an additional 30 damage is insane for fast decks like Plasma. It's less viable now due to the rise of Virizion and the need for space in something like Plasma, but it was easily one of the best cards in the format.

Edit: WHOOPS I totally misread your post. Yeah, it sucks in Blastoise since you OHKO everything anyway lol.

Well, the thing with Laser, was that it gave most Decks just enough extra damage to OHKO EX Pokemon. But now with Silver Bangles up in the mix and Virizion EX on the scene, things are a little less black and white.

Sheriff_K said:
Well, the thing with Laser, was that it gave most Decks just enough extra damage to OHKO EX Pokemon. But now with Silver Bangles up in the mix and Virizion EX on the scene, things are a little less black and white.
Well yes but then again you aren't going to attach a bangle to a Darkrai...Lasers are the play for this deck period. It's not really debatable.

I wanted to stay true to the original purpose of this deck, so here's a list to mull over, opinions and constructive criticism (as always) much appreciated:

4 Darkrai EX (DE 107)
3 Sableye (DE 62)
2 Keldeo EX (BC 142)
1 Mr. Mime (PF 47)

4 Professor Juniper (PF 116)
4 N (NV 101)
3 Random Receiver (DE 99)
4 Dark Patch (DE 93)
4 Hypnotoxic Laser (PS 123)
3 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
2 Dark Claw (DE 92)
3 Tool Scrapper (DR 116)
1 Computer Search (BC 137)
2 Virbank City Gym (PS 126)
2 Bicycle (PS 117)
4 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
2 Enhanced Hammer (DE 94)
2 Silver Mirror (PB 89)

10 Darkness Energy (BW 111)

Keldeo EX FTW said:
It's not getting hyped in Blastoise though...

Jorgie said:
I wanted to stay true to the original purpose of this deck, so here's a list to mull over, opinions and constructive criticism (as always) much appreciated:

4 Darkrai EX (DE 107)
3 Sableye (DE 62)
2 Keldeo EX (BC 142)
1 Mr. Mime (PF 47)

4 Professor Juniper (PF 116)
4 N (NV 101)
3 Random Receiver (DE 99)
4 Dark Patch (DE 93)
4 Hypnotoxic Laser (PS 123)
3 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
2 Dark Claw (DE 92)
3 Tool Scrapper (DR 116)
1 Computer Search (BC 137)
2 Virbank City Gym (PS 126)
2 Bicycle (PS 117)
4 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
2 Enhanced Hammer (DE 94)
2 Silver Mirror (PokéBeach 89)

10 Darkness Energy (BW 111)

Hmm that looks very similar to jason's list. except for the high scrapper and mirror presence. I'de change it to 1 scrapper, junk hunt is your friend if you really need more than 1. Also, silver mirror is not a very good tool in this deck. Plasma will just scrapper you and you waste two spots.

Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

So you wouldn't adjust too much from last season format? I'm trying to think of things that will pop up this season that could be an issue for darkrai. I believe that was essentially Jason's list except without energy switches for obvious reasons.

I stopped playing pokemon back in TR set but recently started playign again shortly after the release of DEX so naturally after I opened my first Darkrai EX I fell in love with it and the brutal bash Zoroark so the variant of this incredible deck that I play is:
3x Darkrai EX
3x Zorua (Ascension)
3x Zoroark (Brutal Bash)
4x Sableye (Junk Hunt)

4x HTL
2x VCG
4x Catcher
4x N
4x Juniper
2x Bianca
1x Colress
1x Skyla
2x Dark Claw
2x Eviolite
4x Dark Patch
1x Enhanced Hammer
2x Tool Scrapper
3x Ultra Ball
1x Computer Search

10x Darkness Energy

I have had a lot of success with list testing mostly against big basics, blastoise/keldeo, and landorus/garbodor.
out of 36 recorded games so far (not official just amongst friends) my record is 26-10. Darkrai decks are so good because of the pure consistency they provide for the game. Other decks take time and luck to set up whereas Darkrai decks just kind of set themselves up and you just go along for the ride.

Please post that kind of discussion in either Decklist help or Competitive play (depending on the kind of discussion you're looking for, the former for advice and the latter for general deck discussion). This thread is solely for the metagame Darkrai deck.

Blah said:
Please post that kind of discussion in either Decklist help or Competitive play (depending on the kind of discussion you're looking for, the former for advice and the latter for general deck discussion). This thread is solely for the metagame Darkrai deck.

Isn't it still a meta deck? Its a Darkrai Variant just as the Keldeo version or the the sableye/Darkrai/Mewtwo version. I don't think its fair to disregard the list because Zoroark isn't as popular as mewtwo/keldeo. Mine still has laser/bank, sableye, Darkrai, dark patch, dark claw, etc. That you would find in any other Darkrai deck. Rules are rules I guess I just wont post in this forum anymore. BTW every meta deck starts out as a rogue list. Just saying.

Zoarark is a very different deck though and the standard metagame version never uses it; the argument to let the discussion stay would be that Zoarark is just a tech, but based on the discussion you were getting at you were more discussing it as a deck concept and not a tech. I actually disagree that most metagame decks start as rogues; sometimes they just become meta because everyone agrees that they're good.

I try to be pretty lenient here, but rules are rules. There are plenty of places on these forums to post something like that, it just isn't suited for this one. If you have any more issues with this, please send me a PM.

Blah said:
Zoarark is a very different deck though and the standard metagame version never uses it; the argument to let the discussion stay would be that Zoarark is just a tech, but based on the discussion you were getting at you were more discussing it as a deck concept and not a tech. I actually disagree that most metagame decks start as rogues; sometimes they just become meta because everyone agrees that they're good.

I try to be pretty lenient here, but rules are rules. There are plenty of places on these forums to post something like that, it just isn't suited for this one. If you have any more issues with this, please send me a PM.

I understand what you're saying with regards to Zoroark and that's fair. However no deck just is a metadeck. Every decklist ever played started with someone somewhere thinking these 60 cards would play great together. A metadeck becomes a metadeck through intensive testing and success only then does it get popular and become played extensively. Either way sorry to waste your time with my posts. Have a good one

It2Zoroark said:
Blah said:

I understand what you're saying with regards to Zoroark and that's fair. However no deck just is a metadeck. Every decklist ever played started with someone somewhere thinking these 60 cards would play great together. A metadeck becomes a metadeck through intensive testing and success only then does it get popular and become played extensively. Either way sorry to waste your time with my posts. Have a good one
No not at all... A meta deck is a deck that is widely played as well as having a possibility of winning. Zoarak is neither of those.

Back