Yveltal EX / Darkrai EX

RE: Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

I never talked about hammers in first place.

Which already make Lasers MUCH more consistent agains PlasmaKlang

Flip a coin 100 times and try to get heads 100 times. Then tell me about consistency again ;)

To get to an end here : Play ninetales if you want to. It's a nice addon for the deck, but if you rather play hammers, play hammers.

Ninetales slows the deck down, and it become's a terrible start against Blastoise/Keldeo, making it not worth it. Hammers on the other hand aren't good either, they can kill consistency too.

If you have 4-6 extra spaces, Rescue Scarf, Energy Switch, More Energy, and even Bianca/Cheren are worth the spaces more than that. Don't forget Keldeo or Tornadus EX.

Keldeo is a necessity in this deck, in mirror matches I would lose because I couldn't get Keldeo out in time

Welp, I got this deck to 32cd in states, and feel proud. But I've noticed it has NO answer to Lando EX.

^^Yes
In my states first round first turn the guy loaded bench with 2 landorus, tornadus, and a terrakion and another landorus as active. That match quickly ended... We did a rematch so he could o practice (he was borrowing a good deck from a friend) and I started off with a much better hand and he couldn't get the other EXs fast enough and I won

Went 5-2 today and bubbled cut with this. I like how it doesn't really have any horrid matchups (except Klinklang), but it's good matchups aren't great.

I actually beat someone who got 2nd at states the week before who was using Big Basics. You just have to annoy them with Lasers constantly and get a lot of damage on to the board as fast as possible. Max Potion helps even out the prize trade a bit. Just remember to take KO's when you can because they run Max Potion too.

MrGatr said:
Welp, I got this deck to 32cd in states, and feel proud. But I've noticed it has NO answer to Lando EX.

For Lando try Mewtwo, Max Potion, and Keldeo. You can also use Lasers/Hammers

I piloted this deck to a 6-2 finish in 26th place at CA states. I ran 2 Mewtwo, 2 Tornadus, and 1 Bouffalant alongside some DCE, and it worked great. With the multitude of both Landoruses and 60 HP basics running around right now, I feel like Tornadus is certainly a strong play of you can fit it in. You can take hits from Landorus all day, and you donk Squirtle, Trubbish, Tynamo, Klink, Sableye (W/ HTL), etc. Your only really have unfavorable matchups to Keldeo and Klinklang, and those are only slightly unfavorable. You can beat them in the early game most of the time, but if Blastoise gets up a BKEX in good time, it's pretty hard to recover.

Puff-Sun said:
Your only really have unfavorable matchups to Keldeo and Klinklang, and those are only slightly unfavorable. You can beat them in the early game most of the time, but if Blastoise gets up a BKEX in good time, it's pretty hard to recover.

Actually, a T1 60 from Tornadus onto a Keldeo almost guarantees a T2 two prizes if you have HTL in hand. Same with BKEX. A T1 70 and T2 110, two prizes. If you run Tornadus EPO, your Klang Matchup get's a lot easier, but it also becomes a different play style to the deck (more energy conservation.)

I am gonna run this next week at regionals, and I am only playing 4 Darkrai, 3 Sableye and a Keldeo. Tried out using DCEs and Bouffas, but I felt frustrated cause it felt less consistent

Keldeo is Darkrai Lasers best matchup lol. Just kill off Blastoise, and Keldeo's and then focus on killing off BKEX. I've seen it win multiple times at states.

^I played a Keldeo/BKEX deck where my opponent Black Ballista'd me twice, and I still managed to win. I set up three Darkrai's in one turn each, took both BKEX's and a Keldeo. All I have to say is Sableye was my best attacker..

I find Hammers to be incredibly useful, in fact my buddy runs this deck and doesn't play hammers, and thats how i win.
Crushing Hammer twice, Jun Hunt repeat. I run a 3/2 split, and never feel like they turn up when i dont want them

Ok, so I am running this list now:

-Pokémon-

4 Darkrai EX
3 Sableye
1 Keldeo EX

-Supporters

4 N
4 Professor Juniper
3 Skyla
2 Colress

-Stadium-

2 Virbank City Gym

-Ace Spec-

1 Computer Search

-Items-

2 Dark Claw
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Pokémon Catcher
4 Ultra Ball
4 Dark Patch
3 Energy Switch
1 Max Potion
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Tool Scrapper
1 Energy Search

-Energy-

11 Darkness Energy

I don't like Dowsing Machine. I get the concept, but the Comp Search + Sableye combo makes the deck too consistent to give up. The deck doesn't really have a problem with running out of resources anyway.

Back