Yugioh questions

a couple of more questions =), first what is the different between first ed and unlimited?, also if colassal fighter gets destroyed can i summon him or does his effect resolve first?, and can i synchro during the battle phase(ex. if i have 3 monsters can i attack with 2 and then synchro and attack again)?

My infatuation with Yu Gi Oh cards and what not died about around the time when the "Waking the dragons" season was airing. Now I see that there has been two other "series" (GX, and 5DS). Does this mean that if I were to play the card game today I would not be allowed to use some of the classic cards like Blue Eyes White Dragon or Exodia? I ask this because I have been wanting to play a yu gi oh game on the ds for a while now but am worried the card game has changed and I will not like these new monsters as well as the style.

~You can use Colossal Fighter's effect to summon himself if you want.
~Synchro Summon is only during a Main Phase unless a card effect allows otherwise (such as Urgent Tuning, or certain Synchro Tuner monsters).

1st Edition/Unlimited refers to when the card was printed. The 1st print set of a card is considered 1st Edition, subsequent printings are considered unlimited.

DarknessGrace said:
a couple of more questions =), first what is the different between first ed and unlimited?, also if colassal fighter gets destroyed can i summon him or does his effect resolve first?, and can i synchro during the battle phase(ex. if i have 3 monsters can i attack with 2 and then synchro and attack again)?
1st Edition cards are cards that come in sets when that set is the newest. For example, all Generation Force cards you get until Photon Shockwave comes out will be 1st Edition.

You CAN revive Colossal Fighter with its own effect.

You cannot Synchro Summon during the battle phase unless you use Urgent Tuning.

EDIT: GAH, ninja'd.

ForeignDude said:
My infatuation with Yu Gi Oh cards and what not died about around the time when the "Waking the dragons" season was airing. Now I see that there has been two other "series" (GX, and 5DS). Does this mean that if I were to play the card game today I would not be allowed to use some of the classic cards like Blue Eyes White Dragon or Exodia? I ask this because I have been wanting to play a yu gi oh game on the ds for a while now but am worried the card game has changed and I will not like these new monsters as well as the style.
As long as it's not affected by the current ban list, then you can use 3 copies of any card you want to use.

Back