Yugioh questions

DarknessGrace

Vilegar Forever!!!
Hey everyone i was trying to get back into yugioh, so i have a few questions:

1 what sets am i allowed to use at my local card shop?(already answered)

2 what are top decks right noe?

3 if you have an answer to question 2 can you give me a link to the top decks?

4. how many cards am i allowed to have in my deck?

Thank You.

1. Unlike Pokemon, Yugioh does not rotate out certain sets - instead, they limit or ban specific cards. A banlist is released every six months (usually in March or September) reflecting the change. You can go to yugioh.wikia.com and search March 2011 Lists to view the most recent one.

2. I think the top ones are Lightsworns, X-Sabers, and Six Samurai, and there are also a few Synchro decks that are good as well. I am not hip to YGO tournaments so I can't give you a definite answer.

3. n/a

1. Already answered

2. the New six samurais are popular, lightsworn is slightly but not as much as it used to be. Also rogue decks have alot better chance in yugioh than pokemon. I got 2nd place at a tournament with a deck mostly from 2007 with 2 tuner monsters thrown in and like 4 syncros. It was chimeradeck overdragon deck if you were wondering, point being, as long as you have the best staple cards (usually anything limited to one or 2 is a staple) you can do at least ok if not Well with any deck/theme.

I don't have decklists sorry

1. Already answered

2. I must add a couple things to the list. Though they aren't at the VERY top, they're still up there and are a formidable threat.
- KMP (Karakuri Machina Plants/Psychics)
- Gladiator Beasts (VERY versatile)
- Gravekeeper's (Very anti-meta and can provide a beatdown strategy at the same time)
- Debris Dragon-focused decks (Spam with Dandylion and Quickdraw Synchron to make a lot of synchro summons very fast)

3. Try pojo. Though I must say that they're incredibly MLG and want 2 or 3 Pot of Duality in every deck and want every card in their decks to be as shiny as possible, most people know how to make a good deck.

If memory really served, you can have anywhere between 40 and 60 cards in your Main Deck. And of course, lower is better.
Extra Deck (which is the new name for Fusion Deck) can have between 0 and 15 cards.

/me looks it up on Google

DNA wins. Yeah you really can have a one card Extra deck (kinda pointless :p)

slickmario said:
* slickmario looks it up on Google

DNA wins. Yeah you really can have a one card deck (kinda pointless :p)
...no, the Extra Deck is different than the main deck. You NEED to have between 40 and 60 in your main deck. You can have 1 in your Extra Deck, but not the main deck.

You know, the Extra Deck isn't really required. Many decks can function quite well without it. Extra Deck is merely for storing Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz monsters; if your deck doesn't need or utilize any of those cards, it is perfectly fine for the Extra Deck to be empty.

Though many players have an Extra Deck in the case that they get control of an opponent's Tuner, whether that would be from Creature Swap or Monster Reborn. I do find that a bit strange, though.

1) Answered

2) As of right now:

Reborn Tengu varients

Legendary Six Samurai

Hyperion Agents/Herald Agents

Everything else is mostly rougue or tier 2.

3) Check the Konami website or Pojo deck discussion forums(some people netdecked)

4) Already answered

Also to add, I'm not sure whether or not this is true, but I heard that Reborn Tengu will be getting banned in the coming September list. I haven't seen it for myself yet, but to be honest it does not surprise me.

also, Hyperion Agents? I haven't heard that one.

DNA said:
Also to add, I'm not sure whether or not this is true, but I heard that Reborn Tengu will be getting banned in the coming September list. I haven't seen it for myself yet, but to be honest it does not surprise me.

also, Hyperion Agents? I haven't heard that one.

Yeah, Master Hyperion from the new structure deck along with a few new agents. The deck pretty much revolves around him and Krystia.

...oh wow. That card looks downright awesome.

2 what are top decks right now?
The top tier decks right now are Tengu Varients, Gladiator Beast, Karakuri, Gravekeeper, Six Samurai, and T.G. (with Reborn Tengu). Yeah, Reborn Tengu is wrecking this format. That's all I can think of at the moment, but that should help.
Edit: Oh yeah, and Agents.

3 if you have an answer to question 2 can you give me a link to the top decks?
Pojo is probably your best bet.

4. how many cards am i allowed to have in my deck?
You're allowed to have between 40-60 cards in your main deck. In your extra deck and side deck, you can have up to 15.

If you want to test a deck out before using it, I would recommend testing it on duelingnetwork.com.

Yeah, that's what I meant. In your side deck you can have up to 15 and in your extra deck you can have up to 15. I apologize for any confusion :p.

This is the deck i plan to use tell me what you think for the first deck i made:
Monsters:
3x Harpie Queen
3x Harpie's Brother
3x Harpie Lady 1
2x Mystical Elf
2x Cyber Harpie Lady
2x Hunter Owl
2x Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon
2x Harpie Lady Sisters
1x Penguin Soldier
1x Blackwing- Gale The Whirlwind

Spell:
3x Harpie's Hunting Ground
2x Elegant Egotist
2x Fissure
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Dark Hole
1x De-Spell
1x Lightning Vortex
1x Swords of Revealing Light
1x Heavy Storm
1x Monster Reborn
1x Book of Moon

Traps:
2x Hysteric Party
2x Icarus Attack
2x Trap Hole
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device
1x Dust Tornado
1x Mirror Force
1x Aqua Chorus
1x Seven Tool Of The Bandit
1x Windstorm Of Etaqua
1x Draining Shield

Tell me what you think and can you think of any low budget synchros that can fit in this deck?

Back