You've Activated My Trap Card, Ancient Balancing Ritual!

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS
Throughout the course of playing this game, I've seen many complaints in every format. This card is broken, this card is useless, this card would be so good in this format, etc. etc. So, how about we change it?

The Objective
Make as balanced and fun to play a metagame as possible.

The Rules
1. Up to 15 cards in the current BW-DR format may be removed (will probably switch to BW-BC once its out and people have had a chance to test it).
2. Up to 15 cards from any set not in this format may be added to this format.
3. In order for a card addition/removal to be accepted, one person must first nominate it and then 2 other people must vote for the nomination. This is 3 people total.
5. You may not vote for something that you have nominated.
6. You may only have 5 total in any combination of votes and nominations at a time. Once an addition/removal is accepted, any votes or nominations you have made for it are no longer included in your 5 total.
7. No flaming. Discussion is accepted (in fact, its the main point of this exercise) but do not insult any other members.
8. Did you notice that there was no 4?
9. No Trainers of any kind may be played on the first turn in this format. This is both to add more balance to the format itself and to make less cards from other formats broken, therefore increasing variety.
10. Once a change has been successfully nominated+voted for twice, you may them nominate+vote twice to undo the change. Then to add it back 3 people that did not nominate it or vote for it the first time must vote to add it back, etc.

Format For Nominating/Voting:

Nominate: Remove Pokemon Catcher
Nominate: Add Claydol Great Encounters

Vote: Remove Pokemon Catcher
Vote: Add Claydol Great Encounters

Current Nominations:

Nominate: Remove Terrakion NVI
Nominate: Remove Mewtwo EX +2 Successfully removed
Nominate: Remove Hydreigon DRX
Nominate: Add Uxie LA +1
Nominate: Remove Pokemon Catcher +2 Successfully removed
Nominate: Add Base Set Charizard
Nominate: Add Machamp SF +2 Successfully re-added
Nominate: Add Vileplume UD Successfully removed, 3 more to add again
Nominate: Remove Dark Patch +2 Successfully removed
Nominate: Add Smeargle UD +1
Nominate: Add Blaziken RS
Nominate: Remove Tornadus EX +1
Nominate: Add Pidgeot FRLG +1
Nominate: Remove: Reuniclus BW
Nominate: Remove Rayquaza EX +2 Successfully removed
Nominate: Add Mewtwo Lv. X
Nominate: Add Holon's Electrode
Nominate: Add Gardevoir SW
Nominate: Add Mr. Mime Jungle
Nominate: Add Alakazam Base
Nominate: Remove Energy Switch
Nominate: Add Claydol GE
Nominate: Add Pidgey TM
Nominate: Add Pidgeotto FRLG
Nominate: Add Shaymin UL +1
Nominate: Add Twins TR +2 Successfully added
Nominate: Remove Darkrai EX +1
Nominate: Add Broken Time Space +1
Nominate: Remove Computer Search
Nominate: Remove Vanilluxe NV
Nominate: Add Spiritomb AR +2 Successfully added
Nominate: Remove N
Nominate: Add Professor Oak's New Theory
Nominate: Remove Sableye DRX
Nominate: Remove Eelektrik NV
Nominate: Remove Squirtle BC
Nominate: Add Squirtle FRLG
Nominate: Remove Keldeo EX +2 Successfully removed
Nominate: Add Azelf LA +1

Current Removals/Additions
Removed: Pokemon Catcher
Removed: Mewtwo EX
Removed: Dark Patch -1
Removed: Rayquaza EX
Removed: Keldeo EX
Added: Machamp SF -1
Added: Twins TR
Added: Spiritomb LA

Feel free to suggest better titles, I know this one is lame. Also I'm almost certainly forgetting something and may change the OP when I remember it.

Nominate: Remove Hydreigon DRX
Nominate: Add Uxie LA

Also i think the title should be something about re-balancing a scale.

You guys all have bad nominations :l

Nominate; Remove Catcher
Nominate; Add Base set Charizard (for kicks)

Nominate: Remove Pokemon Catcher
Nominate: Add Machamp (Storm Front)

Why? Catcher is the main problem today. Machamp puts basics in their place. We NEED that/

Glace said:
What if we disagree with nominations?

Once a change has been successfully nominated+voted for twice, you may them nominate+vote twice to undo the change. Then to add it back 3 people that did not nominate it or vote for it the first time must vote to add it back, etc. I'll add that to the OP as well as update it.

Random Numbers said:
Nominate:Remove pokemon catcher
Nominate: Add vileplume

Please clarify which Vileplume you mean. For now I'm assuming UD because its the most recent one not in the format, but I can't be sure.

I feel like I missed something about how many votes/nominations per post. Since everyone has only posted 2 so far, I thought it was 5 at a time. Some insight on that would be appreciated. Better safe then sorry.

Nominate: Remove Dark Patch (You shouldn't be able to do 90 + 30 on the first turn).
Vote: Remove Mewtwo EX ND

Great idea by the way. I probably won't know too many great inclusions, since I haven't been playing for very long. The obvious solution is to complain more. :p

Vote: Remove Pokemon Catcher
Vote: Remove Dark Patch

Is anyone else getting this bug where the color icon is literally avoiding your mouse?

Machamp the Champion said:
I feel like I missed something about how many votes/nominations per post. Since everyone has only posted 2 so far, I thought it was 5 at a time. Some insight on that would be appreciated. Better safe then sorry.

Nominate: Remove Dark Patch (You shouldn't be able to do 90 + 30 on the first turn).
Vote: Remove Mewtwo EX ND

Great idea by the way. I probably won't know too many great inclusions, since I haven't been playing for very long. The obvious solution is to complain more. :p

Yeah its 5. I suppose since the first poster only picked 2 everyone else just followed along.

Nominate: Add Pidgeot FRLG
Nominate: Remove Reuniclus BW
Nominate: Remove Rayquaza EX
Nominate: Remove Machamp SF

Nominate:Add Mewtwo Lv. X
ExcitedTrollBlackSS.png
Vote: Pidgeot FRLG
Nominate: Add Holon's Electrode

Back