XY Your Shiny Hunts

Just got my shiny Burmy after 569 eggs, and it's male :D Now I'm thinking about going horde encountering for a shiny Roggenrola or a shiny Scraggy :)

Good luck with the Fennekin ShimmeringIce ;)

steffenka said:
Just got my shiny Burmy after 569 eggs, and it's male :D Now I'm thinking about going horde encountering for a shiny Roggenrola or a shiny Scraggy :)

Good luck with the Fennekin ShimmeringIce ;)

Congrats and thank you! I'm hoping to hatch one soon! I'll let you all know!

I am loving the Friend Safari! I have caught a shiny Pikachu, a shiny Gabite, and a shiny Druddigon in the last few hours! Now if only a shiny Phione would hatch, I'd call today a success. :p

Prince Dedenne said:
I am loving the Friend Safari! I have caught a shiny Pikachu, a shiny Gabite, and a shiny Druddigon in the last few hours! Now if only a shiny Phione would hatch, I'd call today a success. :p

What, three shinies per day isn't enough for you?

Update: Tried going to the Friend Safari, Shiny Sneasel within the hour. Bashful.

I have been hunting on and off for a shiny litwick with only one shiny but it wasnt competitive:( i think i have hatched 300 eggs

I finally hatched my Shiny Squirtle this morning! It seems that I exaggerated when I said that I'd hatched about 800, though. It actually took 372 eggs. I keep forgetting that each box holds 30, not 60. XO
sh_squirtle_zpsa8c0f17c.jpg

I evolved it into Wartortle (and won't be evolving it any further, since I like Wartortle more than Blastoise). While EV-Training it, I found a Shiny Durant in a horde!
sh_wartortle_zpsf0449bbf.jpg

sh_durant_zps9aaf4f4f.jpg

steffenka said:
Just got my shiny Burmy after 569 eggs, and it's male :D

Gah, lucky! I went through so many eggs and so many females before I got my Shiny male Burmy.

A few posts have been removed for not following the thread's rules. So I'm gonna quote the op again.
Since these are forums, let's please keep our posts in this thread revolved around semi-detailed explanations of how and where you caught or found a shiny Pokémon. 'Facebook' posts like, "200 eggs in, still no shiny" and "Just hatched this," should go a little more into detail since they don't influence discussion.
:)
Thanks

I did it! I finally did it! What did I do you ask? I caught the one Kalos region shiny Pokémon that I have been dying for, since before X and Y were even released! Well, it's pre-evolution that is. A shiny Noibat! And what makes this catch even better is that it's speed can be completely maxed out thanks to it having a speed boosting nature and 31 IV's in it's speed stat!
M74q8sH.jpg

Noibat wouldn't stop flapping, so the pic's a bit blurry. But tis'nt it awesome!?

Prince Dedenne said:
I did it! I finally did it! What did I do you ask? I caught the one Kalos region shiny Pokémon that I have been dying for, since before X and Y were even released! Well, it's pre-evolution that is. A shiny Noibat! And what makes this catch even better is that it's speed can be completely maxed out thanks to it having a speed boosting nature and 31 IV's in it's speed stat!

Congrats! I got mine by Masuda Methoding. She's a Noivern now, and almost competitively viable (Timid, perfect IV's in Speed, Attack, and Sp. Defense)

I'm planning on soft resetting for one. Is Noibat more common in Terminus Cave or Victory Road? Noibat is actually the 1st shiny I have ever encountered in X. I traded it awhile ago but seeing you catch one makes me want another one.

I just so happened to have hatched a shiny Nincada while breeding a female Ninjask I got from the Wonder Trade as a Nincada with my Impish Gliscor.

I traded it away, though, but this deserves quite a mention on this thread.

I finally got my shiny Scraggy, (after 5 Gulpin), got my 4th shiny Mime Jr. while looking for Roggenrola and got a shiny Vanillite, because I wanted one :D
Now I'm hunting for a shiny Vullaby in a friend safari, so my Rufflet can have a girlfriend :3

So I feel like I might not ever see a shiny in X/Y again because before receiving the shiny charm I encountered 3 shiny pokemon. Since obtaining the shiny charm haven't seen a single one and I doubled my efforts. Masuda method doesn't work, tipping doesn't work, chain fishing no avail and don't even get me started on the poke radar. But my competitive breeding has sky rocketed so I guess I got something out of this.

Meh. I'm coming up dry too. Just spent weeks completing the dex for my 2nd game for the charm. Started dual hunting shiny Psyduck and 544 hordes seen, 272 each, NOTHING. I'm getting a little annoyed that both games have bad RNG. At 272 hordes that is 1,360 which what the charm is supposed to cut it down to. But you're not guaranteed it even if you pass them odds. But even with a 2nd game this can happen... >_>

It sucks to hear that a lot of you guys are having 'shiny droughts.' Maybe if I post how successful I have been in the last thirty hours, a little of my luck will rub off on to ya'll. :p
So yesterday morning, while starting my day off with a little breakfast, I found a golden Nosepass in a horde battle on Route 10! Later that afternoon, I encountered and caught a yellow Grumpig in the Friend Safari! Minutes after that, literally as I stood up to prepare dinner, a shiny Dewgong appeared in a different Friend Safari! (Good thing the volume was up, otherwise I would have had no idea that it was a shiny. The difference in color is nearly unnoticeable.) Later in the day, I decided to peruse through the GTS and found a Unova native shiny Sandile! The original trainer only wanted a level 50 Swanna for it, so I had to take up an offer like that. And to end the night, I traded one of my shiny Dedenne for a super awesome shiny Honedge with an acquaintance of mine! <3 How's that for a day? Well, it gets a little better! This morning, right as I turned on my 3DS, the very first encounter, literally, the first encounter of the day, was a shiny Barbaracle!
After catching the shiny Barbaracle, I super trained my shiny Noibat to max out her speed and special attack stats. After maxing her EV's, I decided to take a break from the Friend Safari and train in Frost Cavern, where I am hoping to eventually catch both a shiny Cubchoo and a shiny Smoochum. But ended up catching my second shiny Vanillite! So there you have it, this is how I have spent my last two days at home. :p (Still searching for a purple Cubchoo.)

[img=197x264]http://i.imgur.com/XDNy3y7.jpg[/img][img=197x264]http://i.imgur.com/K5NOoDm.jpg[/img][img=197x264]http://i.imgur.com/j0aSMf0.jpg[/img]
[img=197x264]http://i.imgur.com/rBtouA8.jpg[/img][img=197x264]http://i.imgur.com/1aSFDuN.jpg[/img]
[img=197x264]http://i.imgur.com/YvdRaRc.jpg[/img][img=197x264]http://i.imgur.com/c8CVHeD.jpg[/img]

that barbaracle is beast. I caught one but unfortunately it was fenale despite female cute charmer. You take those with your phone? Pretty good shots.

Well, this is what I've got:
Shiny Fennekin (Now a Delphox)
Shiny Deino
Shiny Dratini
And finally... After 0 eggs, on the first egg, My shiny Feebas.

I think I'm going to get a shiny Froakie or Gyrados next.

Prince Denenne, damn, your luck. Holy hell. May I borrow it for a day? :D

I Have a list of my hatched shinies somewhere on my profile, and when I feel like it i'll take pictures of my shinies. I'll take pictures from my laptop, my phone's an old LG Shine 1, so the picture quality won't be good at all.

Given my recent lack of luck with hatching a shiny, I'll post pictures of my eight shiny competitive Pokémon (that I will never trade away).

Gardevoir.jpg
Vaporeon.jpg
Ninetales.jpg

Trevenant.jpg
Charizard.jpg
Butterfree.jpg

Lucario.jpg
Metagross.jpg

I randomly found my first shiny two weeks ago in a horde, which was a shiny Spinda. I found my second shiny last week, I think? It was through chain fishing and it was a shiny poliwag, which I eventually evolved into a shiny Politoed.

Shiny Politoed was one of the shiny Pokes I wanted the most, so I was really satisfied.

Now it's time to keep looking for shiny Cacturne in the safari, and shiny nidoran (male) in hordes. (it's been rough)

Back