Your favorite anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Anime Thread

AmberStar★Umbreon said:
I've been thinking of watching Death Note or Full Metal Alchemist, but I'm not entirely sure...

Death Note is very morbid and may not be for people who are offended by certain religious things. (can't say much without spoiling something about the main character), but none-the-less it's still a very good anime. FMA (original and Brotherhood) are both very great anime; the original has alot of filler and Brotherhood is more close to the Manga.

Don't know if this has been asked yet, but has anyone watched Neon Genesis Evengelion? It's one of my favorite anime, it gets very psychological from episode 16-26, not for people who are easily offended by religious things, undertones, etc. (wear a helmet for episodes 25 and 26, unless you WANT brains on your ceiling!) (warning: has high amounts of blood and gore, and mild nudity) I'd like to go into more detail, but I'm afraid I might accedently spoil something if I do. :( (Anime News Network gives a pretty good description) (kudos if you can guess what my signature is! XD)

AmberStar★Umbreon said:
1.) Hetalia (My #1 favorite at the moment)
2.) Soul Eater
3.) Ouran High School Host Club
4.) Clannad
I've been thinking of watching Death Note or Full Metal Alchemist, but I'm not entirely sure...
Looking at your list... you will enjoy both. Especially Death Note...

renjii your tast in anime is awsome bakuman is my favroite anime at the moment and ive been reding the manga trust me when i say this the anime is going to get so much better thats an understatement samuri champloo is also a very good anime in my opinion.

the fire soul eater was a very good anime i liked the ending aswell the did a good job of ending it and not continiuing it aswell as it would have ruined the anime abit i think.

amber star i would recomend death note as it was the seconed anime i watched and also is still one of my favorite animes and i would think you would also like full metal alchamist i struggled to get into it but some of it is very good.
and your list also has a lot of good anime on it alredy clanned and soul eater being the main two.

the aura Neon Genesis Evengelion i cant say i liked it. it was alright but a struggled to get my head into it and didnt particuly like any of the charectors in it which is probebly part of the reson but it has to be said becouse alot of people like it that it was a good anime.

also has anyone watched shakugan no shana it was an anime i watched a couple of years back and i thought it was a very good anime still waiting for the second and third series to be relised in english.

megabarkerboy said:
the aura Neon Genesis Evengelion i cant say i liked it. it was alright but a struggled to get my head into it and didnt particuly like any of the charectors in it which is probebly part of the reson but it has to be said becouse alot of people like it that it was a good anime.

I'm honestly not suprised, IMO, the only good characters were Rei, Asuka, Eva 01, Pen Pen, Misato, Kajii, Gendo and some of the Angles. (can't remember which numbers they were but I particulary like the diamond-shaped one, the one from the first episode and the one shaped like a giant eye) (though the one from the first episode looks like a Menos Grande from Bleach!)

While I'm asking what anime people have watched, did anyone else like The World God Only Knows? It gets a little offensive at times, with the main character pretty much acting like God, or doing God-like things. (though I understand that the show uses it in a different sense) But it was a very funny and enjoyable show. Season one was the best and season two kind of dissapointed me a little, but I still liked it. (I watched the sub because I could care less for the dub voices/edits, plus Elsie's Japanese voice fits her more) It's mostly about a teen who is OBSESSED with dating sims and refers to himself as "The God Of Conquest" who unknowingly signs a contract with a demon to catch all the loose souls from heck otherwise both his and the demon's head will pop off! Despite my bland-sounding description it's worth a shot if you like comedy. Also if anyone can find a stream of the OVA please let me know!!

Favorites:
Toradora
Death Note
Yu Yu Haku Sho
Code Geass (& R2)
Gundam Wing
Hajime no Ippo (A new challenger)

I've seen NG and I thought it was interesting, until I realized how much angst the main character had. It kinda ruined the show for me lol.

lilsparks101 said:
Favorites:
Toradora
Death Note
Yu Yu Haku Sho
Code Geass (& R2)
Gundam Wing
Hajime no Ippo (A new challenger)

I've seen NG and I thought it was interesting, until I realized how much angst the main character had. It kinda ruined the show for me lol.

That's the best word to describe Shinji I have ever heard! :p Though, I don't see how it could ruin the show for anyone. Also I love Yu Yu Hakusho!

1 code geass(both season)
2 death note.
3. FMA
4.mirai nikki
5, deadman wonderland.

i highly recommend code geass and deadmans wonderland. deadman would be higher if they made a season 2 for it

the aura no i havnt seen the world god only nows might start watching it is it in dub or sub

lil sparks nice list three of those are also in my top ten list

jeremiah i like the first too and might watch deadmans wonderland not sure yet as i have alot of anime i wont to watch at the moment.

I freaking love Wolf's Rain and Soul Eater.
P.S Goodbye Bleach.. will miss you

@Jeremiah: I actually read Deadman Wonderland and I thought it was great. I suppose the anime was alright, but that first episode was insane. I'd even suggest to people to watch the first episode and then read the manga.

Also I read Mirai Nikki (If that's the manga with the future diary). How was the anime?

dcfan i know its depresing as hell for me as it was the anime that got me hocked on anime probebly forever.
of also heard the anime is changing channels for the final arc but it defnatly wont be on the current one for it apprently.
apprently some stupid naruto stin of series is gunna replace it.

I used to be addicted to anime but I sort of lost interest in it, but lately I have recently gained interest in it again. My top 3 anime series would have to be.

1. Black Rock Shooter (The anime that got me back into anime)
2.D. Gray Man ( Might have to restart since it's been awhile)
3. The Boondocks (That counts right? lol)

Buizel said:
I used to be addicted to anime but I sort of lost interest in it, but lately I have recently gained interest in it again. My top 3 anime series would have to be.
3. The Boondocks (That counts right? lol)

To clear up a common misconseption, The Boondocks is NOT an anime, it is animated by Koreans, not the Japanese.

EDIT: Also what Teal said.

The Aura Is With Me 8 said:
To clear up a common misconseption, The Boondocks is NOT an anime, it is animated by Koreans, not the Japanese.
It's American anyway.

another thing to add to the descusion
what was the first anime that you watched not including pokemon or yugioh becouse i think everyone watched those before anything else anime orintated.

megabarkerboy said:
another thing to add to the descusion
what was the first anime that you watched not including pokemon or yugioh becouse i think everyone watched those before anything else anime orintated.

The first 2 anime I watched WAS Pokemon and Yugioh, but not couting those two it would be Beyblade. (from what I remember, there could've been something before that that I watched)

I believe I saw Dragonball Z before seeing Pokémon.

Has anyone here watched Tantei Opera Milky Holmes? I normally don't like Moe anime, but this one is hilarious and it's about detectives with super powers. Has a tiny bit of Eeichi, but they make it funny. I've watched 10 episodes so far and I'm loving it! =3

the aura is with me no i havnt.
omahanime dragon ball z was fairly decent i didnt like it to much but thats mainly becouse im yoused to modern anime and the graphics just didnt sit right with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back