Your favorite anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

megabarkerboy

Aspiring Trainer
this is a thread were you can talk about your faviorate anime and anime lists.
mine would be
1 bakuman
2 bleach
3 clannad and clannad after story
4 gundam 00
5 high school of the dead
6 code geass r1 and 2
7 fate stay night unlimited blade works
8 death note
9 darker than black
10 guilty crown

RE: anime thred

I'm surprised someone actually mentioned Bakuman. It's not that popular, as far as I know...

Zyflair said:
I'm surprised someone actually mentioned Bakuman. It's not that popular, as far as I know...

It's actually pretty popular. Here's my list; It's actually has kind of a large assortment:

1) One Piece
2) Death Note
3) Neon Genesis Evangelion
4) Bakuman
5) Full Metal Alchemist
6) Soul Eater
7) Bleach
8) Blood+
9) Claymore
10) Naruto Shippuden

Also, I only like the uncut Japanese dubs. I cannot stand the terrible voices and editing for English Audiences (I don't like them even if they are in uncut format).

I don't watch very much anime, but I have been watching Code Geass recently and it's amazing.

RE: Anime Thread

Well, I'm not all that into anime, but here is my quite short list.

1) Hetalia: Axis Powers
2)Keroro Gunso
3) Madoka Magica
4) Baka and Test

547) Ah! My Goddess!

157, 324, 433, 126) Fruits Basket

Bakuman is very unusual. It is on my to-watch list, but I haven't gotten around to watching it. Sorry Marker, but I boobies cannot respect you panties and your opinion because you put HotD on your list. That last sentence basically describes my distaste for the show. It is an okay Zombie anime, but it had major ADD and gave way to the worst and most inappropriate fan service that I have seen in an anime. You also misspelled Code Geass, which means I'll have to kill you :)

In no particular order, my top animes:
  • Beck
  • Code Geass
  • Durarara!!!
  • Bacanno!!!
  • Trigun
  • Death Note
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Darker than BLACK
  • Gankutsuou
  • Wolf's Rain

I'd put Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann on that list, but the sheer amount of stupid from that anime really hurt my brain :(

I seem to enjoy mature Shonen anime. I enjoy serious plots (such as from Wolf's Rain), but I can also enjoy more light-hearted animes (such as DtB) and melodramatic anime (such as Code Geass <3). I'm a fairly well rounded anime watcher. I'll find recommendations and try the anime out. If I enjoy the first few episodes, I'll watch it the entire way through. My two major pet peeves are distasteful fan service and cuteness in place of content.

Fan service can be in good taste, but animes that become known for their fan service just aren't that good. Gurren Lagann (sigh... why do I talk about this one?) had good fan service. Yoko was a character with emotions and motives, but she also was the target of the show's fan service. It was never too much, and the show even joked about it. I laughed when I saw the scene when Yoko was captured in a bath tub and there were pixilated squares over her chest and groin. Kamina was coaxed out of his Gunman because of his, and when the squares were removed, she had a towel on. That was fairly humorous. :)

My second pet peeve is when animes substitute good content for cuteness. Lucky Star is the top offender! While it can be comedic at times, the only thing that stays the same throughout the episodes is how kawaii the characters are. I don't like cute animes... just the way I am :)

ANYWAYS, the next anime on my list is Welcome to the NHK. Any recommendations or comments about this one? The plot summary looks WEIRD, but a friend recommended it, so I am checking it out.

I don't really get the chance to watch much anime but of the ones I have watched the best were:

1. Inuyasha
2. Full Metal Alchemist
3. Darker than Blask

And Zero is your avatar Hay from Darker Than Black? I cant tell.

Zero said:
Sorry Marker, but I boobies cannot respect you panties and your opinion because you put HotD on your list.

o...kay

Any and all fanservice bores me, really. Not my thing.

Anime I enjoy:

• The Prince of Tennis
  • Initial D
  • Eyeshield 21
  • YuYu Hakusho
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Detective Conan
  • Fairy Tail
  • Naruto (Shippuden)
  • Gundam (p much every one)
  • Hikaru no Go
  • Shaman King
  • Hajime No Ippo
There's more, but I can't remember them at the moment. Naruto gets a bad rap, but really, I think it just got too "mainstream", so it started getting waves of hate. It's actually not too bad, but it is by no means my favorite. My favorite has gotta be either Detective Conan or The Prince of Tennis, and Eyeshield 21 and Hajime no Ippo are contending for second. Initial D is somewhere in the top 5 along with Fairy Tail (which occasionally gets too fanservice-y). I know I'm forgetting something crucial here...

Also when one of those LOLZ I CAN SPEAK NIHONGO BAKA KAWAII NEKO SUSHI OMG ^____^ people inevitably finds this thread...

.-.

Trainerhan1 said:
And Zero is your avatar Hay from Darker Than Black? I cant tell.
Yes it is Hei from DtB. "Hay" is a way to call for someone in English. "Hei" is Chinese word for Black. Get it right :)

Starboard Driger said:
Also when one of those LOLZ I CAN SPEAK NIHONGO BAKA KAWAII NEKO SUSHI OMG ^____^ people finds this thread...

This thread -- subarashii desu ^_^

I just cannot stand modern anime. Be it fan service, or just dumbing it down for teenagers with relationship problems, but most anime I find on TV/Online has become repulsing for the most part. I can barely find refuge in manga. Call me whatever you'd like, but I still enjoy classic Yu-gi-oh!, Dragon Ball (Z), YuYu Hakusho, Gundam (Barely), and FMA oldies. I'm no huge anime buff, but that's about all I take a second glance at.

Shadow Lugia, there are some really good modern anime. I'd highly recommend you watch FMA brotherhood -- a remake of the original. If you are big into Shonen, you should definitely try Durarara!!! or Bacanno!!! Both are fairly shonen, but aren't dumbed down for the modern audience. The type of anime you are looking at (yugioh, DBZ, etc) have all lost their flairs in the past few years. The newest yugioh is a joke and DBZ is less awesome than it used to be. Try looking at shorter series... you might find some you enjoy :)

That being said, classics will continue to be classics. Newer ones aren't instant classics as others have been, but they are still very enjoyable.

ShadowLugia said:
I just cannot stand modern anime.

That's where I stand, too. I used to be into stuff from the 80s and 90s, but at some point in the late 90s to present it just changed. My favorites are the original Mobile Suit Gundam series', Macross, Ghost in the Shell, and Paranoia Agent as far as more recent material goes. The last one really hits on the nose what I think about modern anime and some of its influences. I'd go back even further and talk about things no one has heard about until I mention them, but I don't want go full-out Anime Hipster.

Remember what you see on TV and through the internet isn't always the best offering. You have to expose yourself to different things. You have to go looking for them. You can't limit yourself to one set of things, you have to challenge your perceptions and expand your horizons. That's how I found anime in the first place and it was a fun experience. Don't limit yourself to what you can experience. It can be a wonderful adventure. This is true for all things in life -not just an anime palette.

I remember a lot of anime I watched had many apocalyptic themes to them. Now they have a lot of boobs and butts and fan service and effeminate men. Stay classy, Japan.

Zero said:
I'd highly recommend you watch FMA brotherhood -- a remake of the original. If you are big into Shonen, you should definitely try Durarara!!! or Bacanno!!!

I do catch FMA: Brotherhood on adult swim from time to time, and I enjoy it. Same could be said for Drrr!!!, but I just faze in and out; it comes off as boring to me. It is better than most other stuff, like Bleach, though. I've never heard of Bacanno!!!; I'll have to check it out. And Medic, I totally forgot about Ghost in the Shell. Another one of my favorites, haha.

Bacanno!!! is the spiritual predecessor to Durarara!!! -- you really need to watch Bacanno!!! as a series, though. It can get VERY confusing if you watch it from time-to-time in random order. The order of the episodes is already very scrambled, but for a good reason. Don't confuse yourself even more D:

I can't really stand fan service either, but I'll look past it when the anime is actually good(like HotD or 11eyes, not crap like Queen's Blade or Qwaser).

(no particle order)
-Naruto Shippuden
-Fairy Tail
-Soul Eater
-Steins;Gate
-Code Geass
-Full Metal Alchemist
-DBZ
-Death Note
-Chaos;Head
-11eyes
-HotD
-Eden of the East
-Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
-Umineko no Naku Koro ni
-Level E

That's all off the top of my head. Only comment I have is that Steins;Gate was the best anime of last year.

I'll also list some new anime that just came out for the winter that I'm watching:
-Another(Probably the anime I was looking forward to the most, but the first ep. was meh. But there hasn't been a horror anime in a long time so I'm anyway)
-Brave 10(Another Sengoku period anime, but this one seems really good. I reminds me of Naruto and a couple of other anime mixed together)
-Moretsu Pirates(I wasn't going to watch this because it didn't really appeal to, but I was bored and watched it anyway. It was ok, I don't know if I'll continue watching)
-Senhime Zesshou Symphogear(This was definitely a surprise. It's like a superhero-mecha-action-musical anime. This one is the one I'm looking forward to the most)

I'm also going to watch Black Star Rock Shooter, but it hasn't premiered yet.

but they always had boobs and butts and effeminate men pokemedic,just did it better. I'm thinking of fatal fury and project a-ko. I too like the old stuff,i'm like an old curmudgeon with a sour face when it comes to anime. "Why in my day they produced quality animation.they Drew uphill both ways. Non of that fancy CGI hocus pocus,just makes them lazy. Why it used to be a labor of love to individually hand draw and paint every frame."

in short to the comments
those who dont watch modern anime i would highly recomend it as mostly the anime i watch are modern im opposite to you becouse i dont like classic that much i watch some of the relly good ones but the latest i do watch is from this centry it just dosent appel to me very much but i can see the point of how some of the things that have changed in anime arnt for the best. but i dont relly mind as long as the anime itself is relly good.
in regards to yugioh theres only one that i liked the rest are relly bad in my opinion and the one thats ok is the gx series.

zero the reason why i put hotd in my top ten is not for the boobies or flash panties that apper its becouse its the only horror anime or in genral i actully like im not a very big fan of horror ever it just doesnt appeal to me but hotd has something that rely appeld to me im not sure what thow.

i would also highly reccomend the anime in my list thow and others like
bigwind up this animes a baseball one that i relly enjoyed watching and was fiarly funny as well
air gear title pritty much explains most of it it rely is just another invention roler blades with engines on them but was rely good and theres a second series coming out as well.
darker than black this is one that i started watching lastweek.
bake n test is about this idiot that wonts to become smart and wonts to impresse a girl rely funny this one
and i will continiue to reccomend more.
watching anime is one of the 5 things i enjoy so i watch a lot of it.
also i would like to see any anime that you would reccomend (ive seen part of naruto hate it one peice is alright so plaese dont recomend these two.

zero i also youse the same method of watching anime as well i look at the first couple of episodes if i dont like it i wont watch the rest but if i do i watch the full series.

anime im watching at the moment
darker than black
guilty crown
bakuman becouse it releses episodes every week if your wondering why is it first on my list then

that about sums it up for now : )

There's no real good anime anymore, no great ones apart from Madoka, Stien and maybe the new fate stay anime. There is One Piece that I adore but nothing ongoing that catches my attention, I just read the manga. I only started to read Bakuman because the art was by Obata, the Death Note artist.
Also Rave Master manga beats anything.
My anime list would go something like:

Hokuto No Ken
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Eureka 7
Early Naruto
Death Note
Strike Witches (much better than it looks)
Puelli Magi Madoka Magica
Stiens Gate
Kromati High School
Helsing
Evangelion

The thing about anime is everyone has their own golden age. For me it is definitely the 80s and early 90s, that moment of time in japan is what I consider to be the peak of human pop culture, once there is a peak then its only downhill from there. Nothing else can compare to that style, from the music to the jokes to the manner of speaking to the artists that defined the era.

For others their golden age could be the early 2000s or maybe the late 70s, but no one will be able to convince them otherwise.

Here are some favorites in no particular order
maison ikkoku [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ3CbRs7br4[/video]
vifam [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQyAzgLRGZM[/video]
panzer world galiant [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2CiX6ArmsQ[/video]
urusei yatsura [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSe0oeDpv3I[/video]
heavy metal l-gaim [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjrEPdQgAMM[/video]
super beastial machine god dancougar [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ij1CYyUQ3k[/video]
tank police [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La7Drjku-Y8[/video]
megazone 23 [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcXoSQPwKJ0[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back