Pokemon Your Career Path in the Pokémon Universe?

RE: What career path would you choose in the Pokémon Universe?

I think I would like to be a librarian like I am now, and help people find books and stuff. I guess it wouldn't be much different from how things are irl...but oh well. I would have a small pokemon, like Dratini or Chemicho to join me as a companion, and be more of the quiet type I guess.

I think I'd also like to be a pokeball designer, and I would travel and ask pokemon trainers what they feel could be better about the pokeballs they already have, and work on that to make new ones. I would also give them cute designs, since lots of pokemon trainers would be teens I guess.

Artemis said:
I would love to be a Pokémon Paleontologist! I actually really wanted to be a regular paleontologist when I was younger, since I love studying fossils and ancient animals.
Spoken like words out of my own mouth. Entering a career in paleontology has been my life long dream as well, and the fossil Pokemon are some of my favorites. I'd want to be a Pokemon paleontologist too, since working to excavate the fossils and studying them in the lab would be twice as neat since there's the opportunity to revive them into living Pokemon. Writing a book on fossilized Pokemon and their living counterparts as a sort of informational guide would certainly be a goal of mine.

My team would consist of an Armaldo, Relicanth, Archen, and a Sableye, to help when exploring underground. There'd also be a few more Pokemon I'd own back in the lab, which would be mostly for studying their behavior and habits.

TwistedTurtwig said:
Artemis said:
I would love to be a Pokémon Paleontologist! I actually really wanted to be a regular paleontologist when I was younger, since I love studying fossils and ancient animals.
Spoken like words out of my own mouth. Entering a career in paleontology has been my life long dream as well, and the fossil Pokemon are some of my favorites. I'd want to be a Pokemon paleontologist too, since working to excavate the fossils and studying them in the lab would be twice as neat since there's the opportunity to revive them into living Pokemon. Writing a book on fossilized Pokemon and their living counterparts as a sort of informational guide would certainly be a goal of mine.

My team would consist of an Armaldo, Relicanth, Archen, and a Sableye, to help when exploring underground. There'd also be a few more Pokemon I'd own back in the lab, which would be mostly for studying their behavior and habits.

I would also like to be a Pokemon paleontologist, and then study the evolution from ancient Pokemon to the Pokemon that we have today. Maybe the evolution from Anorith into other crustacean-like Pokemon.
My lab would be placed in Twist mountain, so it would be easy to find fossils. My team would probaply be one fighting type Pokemon to carry the rocks/fossils and then Pokemon that I like :)

Proceeded said:
Jaquii said:
Herp derp. I never played gen 3, so I kinda forgot about them. I knew who they were right when I read the post, though.

I would be a Pokemon ranger. It seems like they'd get paid fairly, after all they're the Pokemon version of the Police, kind of.

I know that you said kind of, but still. How could you not think of officer Jenny as soon as someone says "Pokemon Police." Heck she even used a gun or two in the anime. The English debuted anime!

I guess you can make money defeating Trainers/Gyms right? So yeah, I'd be a Pokemon Trainer Bum/Hobo.

Best trainer in Universe, who just freeloads and/or uses game winnings for food for me/my Pokemons...

I'd become a (now that I think of it again)

Pokémon Soldier - just like Lt. Surge. I'd protect Hoenn with all my Pokémon until they all faint. :3 That would be cool, defending your country but not having an actual bloody war.

I'd probably use Venusaur as my main land Pokémon (seems cool in every place <3). As my water-crossing/battling Pokémon, I'd probably use a Lapras (a tanky, cool water-type beast <3). And for my flying mission Pokémon, I'd probably have a Skarmory or a specops epic black Rayquaza. Dayum.

Or maybe a Pokéstar actor? xD

Inspector! Travelling through every regio like Looker.

My pokemon? Looker has none but i choose:
Charizard: Burn everyone to hell :)
Deoxys speed forme: My partner in crime
Dragonite: because i like him
Sawk: Just a badass one :p
Entei: Officier Jenny has a Arcanine so i choose Entei
Magikarp: Splashing to hell :)

I'd probably be a Fire-type Gym Leader, though I'd have a few non-Fire types on hand as well ... since few Gym leaders use a full set of six, this would work. ;) My team ...
Delphox, Ninetales, Flareon, Arcanine with Heliolisk and Zoroark on the side. Heliolisk with Solar Power and Zoroark knowing Flamethrower.

I wanna be a Team Rocket Admin! My goal would be capturing the first Mewtwo (not the m16 one).

-Banette

In actuality, I'd probably be a professor or teacher of some sort, work at a museum, or even be a translator for the different regions. For the teacher, I'd specialize in fairy types and would only have Pokemon with a pure Fairy typing like Clefairy, Flabebe, Spritzee, Swirlex, and Snubbull. As a professor, I'd have the evolved forms. They would serve as teaching methods and helpers with all things fairy. For the museum path, I'd have a Smeargle, Lucario &Growlithe (to guard the artifacts), Mr. Mime (to keep the museum clean), and a Gothitelle (to help place artifacts or paintings). As a translator, I'd have an Alakazam, various Vivilons (from the regions I visit), maybe a Chatot (to repeat words I may not have understood), a Talonflame (to fly me places), and perhaps a Gogoat to ride on.

If I were to choose, I'd like to be an Eeveelutionist. My goal would be to discover all evolutions of Eevee. All my Pokemon would be Eevees and its eeveelutions? I would also like to be a breeder. I would have a Pokemon with a flame body, such as Talonflame. I would also have a Ditto, Chansey, some baby Pokemon, and a Togepi.

I might aspire to be a Gym Leader, either as Dark or Ghost, as my partners would primarily comprise those two types.

That said, I would also be running [one of] the best haunted house/theme park ever made. Fears and phobias are a bit of a personal topic of interest for me, and Dark and Ghost types would do well keeping such an operation going.

I'd have a lot of Pokemon helping me run the place, including:
Marowak
Xatu
Duskull
Drifblim
Haunter
Gengar
Houndoom
Mismagius
Banette
Aegislash
Golurk
Malamar
Absol
Klefki
Gourgeist
Phantump
Trevenant
Deino
Weavile
Froslass
Murkrow
Honchkrow
Zorua
Vullaby
Shiftry
Crawdaunt
Litwick
Lampent
Chandelure
Rotom
Dusknoir

I imagine dinners at my house would be raucous. :D

Id be a gym leader, 8th gym, it would be a multi-typed dark/dragon gym with a bunch of trainers including dragonmasters and dark tamers, the puzzle would be where you get send through a black hole and you have to cross a huge maze while trainers are hiding behind corners and riding above the maze on their dragon pokemon, at the end I would be sitting in my throne, challenging the trainer to a battle, my team would be :

Zoroark (I love using this guy, he is one of my favourite pokes)
Hydreigon ( I have to, its a dark/dragon gym, :D)
Umbreon Shiny (2nd favourite, bulky, also have him as shiny to be the first gym leader with a shiny that isn't clair)
Garchomp (He is boss)
Salamence (He is pretty strong and id use him)
Houndoom (Mega Evolve!!!!!)

If not, id like to be an explorer, I travel to new regions to scout the area before civilisation gets started, id use

Zoroark (To protect me with its illusions)
Sceptile (Used to help cut down trees and take down opponents fast)
Talonflame (Air support, also used to fly on)
Gyarados (Used to get across water, to put out fires)
Lucario (to deal with general things, using its aura powers)
Delphox ( Uses psychic powers to move things, makes fire for camps, ect)

I'd probably be an artist since I am one! (or at least I make myself out to be..)
And would have a team full of Smeargles!

EDIT: But seriously it would be cool to be someone that travels around the pokemon universe and draw the variety of pokemon you meet along the way.

I guess id be :

Janitor or
Military (Army or Navy) or
Retail (Walmart like place) or
Gym Leader (Electric and / or Steel) or
Pokemon Researcher / Vet / Breeder

Hmmm... Interesting topic. I like it. I have a few things that I might want to work at in the Pokemon universe.

1. Police Officer
I'd have a Tailow or a Fletchinder (For scouting out a place or chasing criminals, that kind of thing.) For my second slot, I'd have a Herdier. What is a police officer without a police dog? Being part of the RK-9 unit would be pretty cool.

2. Gym Leader
If I could be a gym leader i'd specialize in the poison type. Poison is my favorite type, after all. (Tied with Water.) Most gym leaders have 2-4 Pokemon so I would have a Toxicroak, a Muk, a Garbodor, and a Drapion for my ace Pokemon. I'd probably give out the TM Sludge Bomb, Toxic, or Poison Jab. I would prefer to be a late gym leader, but If I was an early one here's a list of my Pokemon. Croagunk, Skrelp, and a Golbat.

3. Team Magma Second In Command
Team Magma and Aqua are my favorite team of villains because they're in my favorite generation. I would have a Vigoroth with Flamethrower, Aerial Ace, Endure, and Encore. My second Pokemon would be a Monferno with Flame Wheel, Power-Up Punch, Thunder Punch, and Leer. For my third Pokemon I would have a Watchog with Fire Punch, Hypnosis, Thunder Wave, and Dig. For my fourth and final Pokemon I would choose a Ponyta with the following moves. Flame Charge, Wild Charge, Charm, and Double Team.

4. Team Aqua Second In Command
I think I like Team Aqua a tiny bit more than Team Magma. Sorry Team Magma. I would have a Scrafty with Moxie and Rock Tomb, Power-Up Punch, Feint Attack, and Rain Dance. My second Pokemon of choice would be a Marshtomp with Scald, Mud Bomb, Yawn, and Curse. My third Pokemon would have to be a Swanna with the moves Aerial Ace, Bubblebeam, Brine, and Toxic. My final Pokemon would be a Swalot with the following moves. Sludge, Amnesia, Acid Armor, and Shadow Ball.

Probably part of the Elite Four.
Seems like it's going way too far, but I could be a bit...special?
Specifically, I would use Normal types. Behold, the power of Normal.
And I wouldn't be normal either. I'd be crazy. Insane.
But in a good way.

I'd use:

Tauros
Furret
Furfrou
Chatot

I'd either be a professor that studies how pokemon work (like where does a certain fire type store their fire power, or where does this grass type store it's powder for it's powder moves?), or a pokemon psychologist. Like...a behavioral one.

Edit: I forgot pokemon caregiver, I am a big animal person, so any profession that'd let me take care of them would make me undyingly happy.

I would like to be, if I could, a pokemon professor who specialized in how pokemon interacted with their ecosystems. With this, I would be able to travel the regions and see how all the, say, Pidgey in Kanto interact with their environment compared to the ones in Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos. I would have to attend some university to get a degree to become said Professor, probably in the Johto, Sinnoh, or Kalos region. I love the layout of the Sinnoh region, but I love the pokemon of the Johto region. So I would make those two my most-traveled to regions.

Now, if I had pokemon with me, I'd probably have these:

Chespin
Eevee
Togepi
Sandile
Murkrow
Pachirisu

Now, over time, I might decide I want to evolve them. As such, I wouldn't evolve Chespin. I would evolve Eevee into Flareon. I would evolve Togepi all the way to Togekiss (love them XD), I would evolve Sandile all the way to Krookodile, and I would evolve Murkrow to Honchkrow. With each of them having different types, I could see how they would interact with other environments they aren't used to.

I'd be a professor studying Pokemon. There is always more to learn.

I'd probably be a high-ranked member of Team Galactic. Cyrus always appealed to me...
Otherwise, I'd probably follow the opposite path, becoming a private Pokemon detective. In a Pokemon world, I wouldn't be able to live without some serious action.

Back