XY X / Y Box Art Subtly Reveals Legendaries Typing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: X/Y Box Art Subtly Reveals Legendaries Typing?

AdamLambert said:
I think Yveltal is clearly part Flying-type. I also think it is clearly dual-typed. My preference would be Fighting/Flying, unless of course we get a non-legendary Fighting/Flying family. Then I won't care. Dark/Flying still seems most likely.

Not necessarily, it could be Dark/Dragon while the other could be Fighting/Fairy (we already have quadruped fighting types). Also the part at the end of that comment made me think of something.

Raptor9229 said:
AdamLambert said:
I think Yveltal is clearly part Flying-type. I also think it is clearly dual-typed. My preference would be Fighting/Flying, unless of course we get a non-legendary Fighting/Flying family. Then I won't care. Dark/Flying still seems most likely.

Not necessarily, it could be Dark/Dragon while the other could be Fighting/Fairy (we already have quadruped fighting types). Also the part at the end of that comment made me think of something.

I don't see how you can say that. The only type that we can even remotely be confident in guessing for Yveltal is Flying.

Ohman177 said:
Flys Gone 2071 said:
And space and time are relative but still Dialga OHKO's Palkia and but Palkia doesn't.

But space and time are not balanced. Space is a literal form existing since the dawn of everything. Time is subjective and only identified by those who choose to acknowledge its existence.

Sweetie, don't get into it, I had that same discussion arguing those same points, and nothing.

Please don't open that can of worms again...

Mitja said:
Raptor9229 said:

I don't see how you can say that. The only type that we can even remotely be confident in guessing for Yveltal is Flying.

I am just saying it is not necessarily the case. If you had just started playing Pokemon and you didn't know that Charizard was a flying type you would think it was a dragon type at first.

Raptor9229 said:
Mitja said:

I am just saying it is not necessarily the case. If you had just started playing Pokemon and you didn't know that Charizard was a flying type you would think it was a dragon type at first.

With the case of Charizard, while Dragon-type could fit it, I personally think Flying fits it just as well, if not better (call me crazy). With Yveltal, it's much less Dragon-esque than Charizard. At least to me. So, I think Flying is pretty much a given. Plus, there's also the rumor...

Then again, this is TrollFreak. They could pull a Bug/Water...

AdamLambert said:
Raptor9229 said:

With the case of Charizard, while Dragon-type could fit it, I personally think Flying fits it just as well, if not better (call me crazy). With Yveltal, it's much less Dragon-esque than Charizard. At least to me. So, I think Flying is pretty much a given. Plus, there's also the rumor...

Then again, this is TrollFreak. They could pull a Bug/Water...

On Yveltal or Xerneas?

professorlight said:
Ohman177 said:
But space and time are not balanced. Space is a literal form existing since the dawn of everything. Time is subjective and only identified by those who choose to acknowledge its existence.

Sweetie, don't get into it, I had that same discussion arguing those same points, and nothing.

I guess... But honestly Idk where anyone gets anything else besides the types flying, dark, fairy, and grass.
BUT I would not rule out dragon now that I think about it. We all know how dragonesque altaria is.... Fighting is just ridiculous for Xerneas.

Ohman177 said:
professorlight said:

I guess... But honestly Idk where anyone gets anything else besides the types flying, dark, fairy, and grass.
BUT I would not rule out dragon now that I think about it. We all know how dragonesque altaria is.... Fighting is just ridiculous for Xerneas.

I agree that fighting type as a primary type is unlikely for Yveltal, and even more so for Xerneas. But. it wouldn't be ridiculous if either of them had fighting as a secondary type. If this were the case, they probably wouldn't be physical attackers, but better suited to special fighting attacks (aura sphere, focus blast).

For what its worth, though, I would be very surprised if Xerneas isn't a fairy type. Given that no other type is super-obvious as its secondary type, it wouldn't be too far out if it was a pure Fairy.

Furthermore, what if Yveltal doesn't have flying type as a primary or secondary type? It could be a dragon type with dark or poison as its secondary type. If WPM's source is correct about the Fairy type's strengths and weaknesses, this would make sense to me...

FT10 said:
Ohman177 said:

I agree that fighting type as a primary type is unlikely for Yveltal, and even more so for Xerneas. But. it wouldn't be ridiculous if either of them had fighting as a secondary type. If this were the case, they probably wouldn't be physical attackers, but better suited to special fighting attacks (aura sphere, focus blast).

For what its worth, though, I would be very surprised if Xerneas isn't a fairy type. Given that no other type is super-obvious as its secondary type, it wouldn't be too far out if it was a pure Fairy.

Furthermore, what if Yveltal doesn't have flying type as a primary or secondary type? It could be a dragon type with dark or poison as its secondary type. If WPM's source is correct about the Fairy type's strengths and weaknesses, this would make sense to me...

I liked fairy/grass and flying/dark so their relationship is primary type beats the other's secondary type. IF RUMORS ARE TRUE.

So Serebii says Xerneas is Fairy and Yveltal is Dark/Flying

Xerneas pretty much screamed Fairy type. Yveltal was difficult to call but we all had an idea that t was either dark/fighting/poison with flying.

"Yveltal is a Dark/Flying type Pokémon, and knows the new ability Dark Aura which powers up Dark type moves, much like Xerneas' Fairy Aura does for Fairy types. It has an exclusive move called Death Wing."

Guys, I think we have found the most metal pokemon ever. *cue awesome guitar riff*

So I guess flying for yveltal is just there because of the wings, not for balance or anything. Too bad... I liked grass/fairy xerneas

But their abilities.. effectively double STAB, combined with either Fairy Aura or Death Wind, almost a guaranteed sweep.

Welcome to Pineapple's theory time! :p

I just got it. Xerneas could be Grass / Fairy and Yveltal would be Flying / Dragon. That way the both would have one super-effective type and and one 0x or not-very-effective type on each other.

Could that be possible? :D

Ok, I'll admit it, that was a really bad one.

//EDIT: They're already official now? Crap. :/

Pineapple X said:
//EDIT: They're already official now? Crap. :/

Yeah, CoroCoro has leaked and the legendaries have official types now. It's one of the things being discussed in the newest news thread. ;)

it also looks like the life/destruction theory is also true
altho tbh I thought those were the most likely types they could have
also, their moves: Geo Control and Death Wing brings more of an insight as to their powers
Xerneas makes plants and natural things grow
Yveltal destroys things

(also I feel slightly elated having raised the possibility of Xerneas being a pure Fairy type a couple pages back)

Totally called the "one pure other secondary flying" bit lol. It must have happened a hundred times that someone brought up some fancy dual type for Xerneas for me to point out that gamefreak keeps mascot types simple, and to expect pure type for Xerneas, without success xD

Now that we have the official information on the front page, please continue the discussion here.[private]The news thread lock, right, right. -Chariblaze[/private]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back