XY X / Y Box Art Subtly Reveals Legendaries Typing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEspeon

Pokemon Physician and Psychologist
I noticed that there wasn't a thread for this so I thought I would make my own. What do you guys think of the new box arts.

Personally I quite like the design stye. I also think that they may hint at the types of Xerneas and Yveltal. The X art shows a lot of plants and is white. This leads me to believe that X is Grass/Psychic. The Y art shows clouds and is black. This leads me to believe that Y is Flying/Dark. What do you think?

Boxarts: -Chariblaze

pokemon-x.jpg

pokemon-y.jpg

RE: X and Y Box Art

seems to me more like Fairy than Psychic. Psychic has been using mystical and pink things as it's "theme" or whatever
Y's box looks like dark to me, but something about it seems off for a dark-type... even if it is dark/flying... i just don't know what...

So sorry, I am new and was trying to get a spoiler.

Anyway, here are the box arts.
X_EN_boxart.png

Y_EN_boxart.png

FloodBadge said:
seems to me more like Fairy than Psychic. Psychic has been using mystical and pink things as it's "theme" or whatever
Y's box looks like dark to me, but something about it seems off for a dark-type... even if it is dark/flying... i just don't know what...

Maybe ghost. It does give that feeling.

I never noticed this before, but if you look at Xerneas' back, you can see the colours maybe meaning that they glow or are transparent.

It seems quite logical from the designs to assume yveltal is dark/flying because it certainly looks it.
I reall like the box art actually, i think its one of the best in the pokemon series (along with XD) and the the x and y shaped backgrounds are pretty awesome.
From the appearance of xerneas it looks like we'll have main legendaries that aren't dragons again

According to the box arts, I would imagine Xerneas being Grass/Fairy; and Yveltal being Dark/Flying.
Just my theory. ~

GoldenDP said:
According to the box arts, I would imagine Xerneas being Grass/Fairy; and Yveltal being Dark/Flying.
Just my theory. ~

I could see that as well.

i think dark/flying and grass/psychic would give yveltal an unfair advantage over xerneas. Flying>grass dark>psychic so it seems unlikely. but grass/fairy would work flying>grass fairy>dark
I'll probably end up getting Y just because yveltal looks awesome in that box art

leecario said:
i think dark/flying and grass/psychic would give yveltal an unfair advantage over xerneas. Flying>grass dark>psychic so it seems unlikely.
I'll probably end up getting Y just because yveltal look awesome

Kyogre and Groudon?

But I do see where you are coming from. Also if what they say about fairy is true than it will be Flying>Grass, Fairy>Dark

DrEspeon said:
leecario said:
i think dark/flying and grass/psychic would give yveltal an unfair advantage over xerneas. Flying>grass dark>psychic so it seems unlikely.
I'll probably end up getting Y just because yveltal look awesome

Kyogre and Groudon?

But I do see where you are coming from. Also if what they say about fairy is true than it will be Flying>Grass, Fairy>Dark

Yeah, i realised after i posted, i amended it in the edit.
and i realised about the kyogre/groudon thing and i was thinking about it. Aside from the drought solarbeam combo kyogre does have the upper hand

This is one of the rare times when I like both box covers. It's going to be hard to choose...

This isnt the confirmed box art, right? If they ended up looking like this, I wouldn't have a problem. But at the moment, I love it for both, especially the Yveltal one.

The box arts look awesome. I really like it. I don't see how it can hint at their types, though. The trailer already told us as much.

I love the box arts. I still prefer Xerneas over Yveltal (just by a little). They are actually my favorite mascots so far. For the types, Grass (maybe a secondary type) and Dark/Flying.

They both look so cool, this is one of the first times that I've had trouble choosing which one of the pair of games to get

Rally said:
This isnt the confirmed box art, right? If they ended up looking like this, I wouldn't have a problem. But at the moment, I love it for both, especially the Yveltal one.

no, these are official :/

FloodBadge said:
Rally said:

no, these are official :/

That face makes it seem like a bad thing.

I'm pretty much on board with the fact that Xerneas is Fairy/Grass and Yveltal is Dark/flying, however on the Y box art other than the "Y" stencil that is a light black color, the sky in the background looks so heavenly. People have assumed Yveltal is evil, but it makes me think that maybe he's not.

Not all dark types are bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back