Worst Way to Lose a Game

Saviour_Gundam

The Red Knight
This happened during a tournament.

My friend and I where paired up, he played his Deoxys EX deck, to which I loaned him Deoxy EX (normal), he used one of each type. This was when Crawdaunt EX was my go-to Pokemon. It was an epic struggle, I knocked out 2 of his Deooxys EX, and it came down to the Deoxys I loaned him trouncing me. My only hope was to stack energy on my Corpish and pray I drew Crawdaunt EX, I had 2 prizes left and I needed to knock out that Deoxys for the win. last turn, if i didn't draw Crawdaunt I was going to lose. I sent out my over energized Corpish. I drew Elm's Training Method. My way out! Victory was now a matter of searching my deck and getting Crawdaunt to do his magic. In my deck... where no Crawdaunt, I ran 2 Crawdaunt EX. Where were they!?!?! I never discarded them and the only place they could be where.... my prizes.
OF ALL THE PLACES THEY WERE. They where side by side in my prizes! I lost because of that single round, my friend made it to the Semi-finals, so more power to him I guess.

dBlue

My opponent got an Arceus hand w/ ZPST against my Gothitelle, with a PONT to get a new one after he burned it, and then I mulligan twice. He got the T1 Bolt Strike, and to everyone around us it appeared as if I was going to lose in about 3 turns. But in my starting hand I had 3 Twins, ergo I not only won but he only drew 3 prize cards.
It sucks to be him and lose even though he had the best hand his deck could offer. Although, the 3 Twins was very lucky on my part.

What's worse, losing due to dumb luck or losing fairly quickly despite the fact your deck preformed the best it could? I would feel very, very bad if my deck preformed amazingly well, just as intended, and it still easily lost.

rileysill32

Aspiring Trainer
I invited this hot girl over a few nights ago.
Taught her how to play, she beat me 3 times, I drew 1 prize in all 3 games..

Mist

Yo, my name is Brock. I'm the master of rock
Once during a battle, I had a Cleffa out front, no bench, and he had a lone 4o hp tynamo. He started and attatched two pluspowers.:( donk

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
rileysill32 said:
I invited this hot girl over a few nights ago.
Taught her how to play, she beat me 3 times, I drew 1 prize in all 3 games..
I sense this may potentially be the start of a wonderful relationship.

MtheW

What is MtheW? The world may never know.
I had one prize to go, with a fully energized zapdos nd active with 50 damage, and only a Fliptini on the bench. He seekered the victini into my hand, played a mewtwo ex and put a DCE on it, and switched his oddish for it, and lord my zapdos. He took one prize and played three Pokemon the whole match and passed several turns in a row without doing anything, and then won because of a lucky pull with the mewtwo ex. That sucked.

Riskbreakers

The Brilliant Star☆
Playing MTC.. Starting Shaymin EX one game, started Regigigas in the next. Then fail Dual Ball repeatedly.. I was really cussing lol

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
Magnezone_Elf said:
Playing 6 Corners, start with Shaymin UL, get decked by durant.

Ok, this is a really annoying way to get a GL. You're playing with a friends deck, you draw 6 amazing cards (No basics yet), then the last card you draw is a basic. It is also a worlds card. *Flip table, go beat up Friend/Enemy*

Summer

Aspiring Trainer
Start Unknown Q with an amazing hand for Metagross (last format, the one with the power where you'd flip and if heads you chose which Pokemon for your opponent to make active), your opponent goes first. Start Garchomp C, attach DCE, I forget the name of the attack for 30. Then he says good game. Not a good game! ): I didn't make top 16 because of that.

Or your casually using PlayTCG with a friend, it's 1 to 1 prize cards. You need a Mewtwo and have less than 10 cards in your deck. You have a collector, a PONT, and a DCE in your hand. You have an active that could kill anything on their bench, but not their currently active Mewtwo. You collector to realize that your last prize card is Mewtwo, and you discarded your second Mewtwo. You still have a Junk Arm and 2/3 catchers left in your deck... -___- Shoulda used PONT.

Kingdra_fan

Aspiring Trainer
One of the most annoying games losses I have had happened about 2 weeks ago.

I was playing CMT, playing against a durant list. We both had won 1 game each (we play best of 3 all the time for everything) and it was down to the 3rd and final game. I had 2 prizes left and my opponent had 4 durant on board. I had a pont in hand, and almost a empty deck D: I counted 11 cards including my hand. I thought Mean! I can play PONT, that will mean I put my cards back and have 11 in the deck, shuffle and draw 6 leaving 5 meaning I can survive the mill :) I had to do this as I needed an energy or catcher (2 cather and 1 DCE left in deck) So I play the PONT, draw my cards and take the KO going down to one prize left. His turn he mill's there is only 4 cards left and I can't draw at the start of my turn. GAME LOSS

Was terrible miss calculation on my part. I did have 11 cards in my hand, however I didn't take into consideration that when I played the PONT, I would only have 10 cards in total left :( Was a great game though! Against a friend and we had a good laugh about it after

LucarioXFroslass

Bug Catcher
If your opponent decks himself out using the Stormfront Magikarp's Sea Spray, then you play something like Pokemon Collector and accidentally shuffle your hand into your deck, that would hurt a ton. That's a story I heard that supposedly happened at a small tournament, but it's pretty hard to believe.

Believe it or not?

~L_X_F

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Start Unknown Q with an amazing hand for Metagross (last format, the one with the power where you'd flip and if heads you chose which Pokemon for your opponent to make active), your opponent goes first. Start Garchomp C, attach DCE, I forget the name of the attack for 30. Then he says good game. Not a good game! ): I didn't make top 16 because of that.
It might have been worse.
You could have started with Unown Q and your opponent starts with Uxie. You go first and can't play a Supporter, so you attach and hit Uxie for 40.
Then you find out your opponent doesn't have any Energy in his opening hand and he's running a Gyarados deck. He Collectors for 2 Crobats and reveals a Poke Turn in his hand.

This happened to me once.

Or even worse.
Earlier that day, the guy next to me started with a lone Porygon. The guy going second then proceeded to Flash Bite it 5 times for the donk. Yes, FIVE times - 2 Crobats and 3 Turns. We all felt sorry for the guy.

Edit: @LXF: Well, I did see a match at a Cities in which some guy decided to play a Sage's Training, but then changed his mind and played a PONT. The catch? He left the Sage's on the field and shuffled his hand AND the PONT into his deck. And this was on the first turn. (We had to give him a Game Loss...)

leonardbatfish

Aspiring Pokédad
I just tried out a Mew/Vileplume/Vanilluxe/Unfeazant deck for fun at league. Flipping Double Freeze and Fly heads through two Donphans (20 damage at a time, typically) and then two Zoroarks, when all my opponent needed to do was get 20 damage on Mew for the win... a worst way to lose candidate?

thefleeee

Uber N00b
Nd into one card and ur opponent is in the same situation and he top decks 3 turns in a row to win the game

alex

Miss the game
HenryP said:
Telling your opponent how to win :'(

Top 2. I'm playing MewScoops against TyRam.

At the end of first game which I won, I mention that when you evolve you lose paralysis, as he evolved his active Cyndaquil into Quilava and passed.

I lose the next two games due to him promoting Cyndaquil, evolving into Quilava, and retreating into Reshiram...