Worst Way to Lose a Game

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
alexmf2 said:
Starting with Mewtwo isn't the worst thing in the world. If you make sure not to put any energy on it you'll be fine, the opponents Mewtwo would need at least 5 energy to KO.
He meant that people concede to him when he flips over Mewtwo and they don't have it. So they just scoop for him... I guess it's the worst way for his opponents to lose?

Besides, I'd rather start Mewtwo over anything else when I'm playing some decks. It's a great early-game attacker.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Celebi23 said:
He meant that people concede to him when he flips over Mewtwo and they don't have it. So they just scoop for him... I guess it's the worst way for his opponents to lose?

That is exactly what I meant.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
One day I want my opponent to flip over Mewtwo and I flip over Donktini. I will proceed to go first, attach a Psychic, drop Fliptini, and just kill THE MEWTWO on Turn 1.

The look on his face will be absolutely priceless.

Jirachi

Smile!
If you just happen to forget that you had a fire energy in your hand so you stalled with Reshiram EX while moving damage counters off with reuniclus, but could've won if you attached the energy earlier. And 1 prize card left for each player. :p

MtheW

What is MtheW? The world may never know.
Losing because all you drew while using zpst was a shaymin, some energy, and Cilan. Then your opponent goes first and donks with a quilava of all things. Yeah, that, in my humble opinion, is the worst way to lose, and alternately the most embarrassing way as well.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
MtheW said:
Losing because all you drew while using zpst was a shaymin, some energy, and Cilan. Then your opponent goes first and donks with a quilava of all things. Yeah, that, in my humble opinion, is the worst way to lose, and alternately the most embarrassing way as well.

Don't you mean Cyndaquil? (or did he get the Quilava donk turn 2?)

Sleeping Snorlax

Aspiring Trainer
My worse loss is... At Battleroads last season :/
I made top two (first time ever to make top two in a tournament since I started playing Sept. 2010) I go first playing T-Tar Prime :D he's playing Emboar Forretress donk... Turn two for me came around I had 4, keep in min that is four, Tyranitar Primes in play (160 HP each)... He goes and kills them all after flipping 20 heads :/ I get second to a cheap deck like that..

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
Sleeping Snorlax said:
I made top two (first time ever to make top two in a tournament since I started playing Sept. 2010) I go first playing T-Tar Prime :D he's playing Emboar Forretress donk... Turn two for me came around I had 4, keep in min that is four, Tyranitar Primes in play (160 HP each)... He goes and kills them all after flipping 20 heads :/ I get second to a cheap deck like that..

It is tails BTW, and wouldn't he have KOed his own Emboar?

27th_wonder

pegasus boots: hyrule's finest and fastest
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but:

you only have one pokemon on the bench
your opponent uses catcher on your bench
then they play seeker and KO the pokemon they brought up with catcher

you have no more usable pokemon

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
Sleeping Snorlax said:
Oh trust me, I know it's tails... That's the sad part. He hit 20 heads in a row then got the eight tails at the end...

Oh, I thought he got 20 heads TO KO the T-Tars, my bad. He really got 28 energies on it!?

dirupti

Not an Aspiring Trainer
I lost once at battle roads because a kid hid his expert belt. I had him on the ropes. It was down to both of our last prizes, and it was my turn. I have 2 plus powers in my hand. I knock him out for what would be the exact amount, and I begin to say good game and gather my things. Then he says "I have an expert belt". I watch him as he pulls it out from under his active. He then says "Outrage" and walks away to mark his win. I would have one with Plus power had he not hid the card!
Aftermath: I take this to the judge telling him what happened in full detail. His reply? "Yeah, I know the kid you're talking about. He goes to my league. He does a lot of stuff like that. If anything though, you need to pay better attention to the game." My reply? "He never announced he was attaching it. For all I know he put it on during my turn." To which he replied: "You lost. End of it." Made me so the mad.

Sleeping Snorlax

Aspiring Trainer
28 total (there was like 25 energies in his deck)... Unown Return >.> and he had a full line of Emboar in his hand ready

He teamed the deck with the HGSS Shuckle promo to draw out his whole deck turn two then would have his unown return to get the energy back in his hand for forretress. Which he always had both not prized.

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
Sleeping Snorlax said:
28 total (there was like 25 energies in his deck)... Unown Return >.> and he had a full line of Emboar in his hand ready

That is a pretty bad way to lose, but the deck is meant to do that, so you can't really complain.

dirupti

Not an Aspiring Trainer
Sleeping Snorlax said:

Any chance his coin was rigged? :p

alex

Miss the game
If he got 20 heads, wouldn't that make you lucky, not unlucky? He should have been able to win in the first 16 flips.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I've also been donked by a Cyndaquil HS using Beat (irony?) for 100 damage. Don't ask. T_T

Dialga 625

Aspiring Trainer
Playing the truth, ending your turn, then in the middle of your opponent's turn realizing you forgot to damage swap off your active.