Worst EVER advertisement?

Hey. If you guys all remembered these advertisements, that means that they may be boring, but you remembered them. They were obviously good advertisements. You may say to yourself "I am never buying that product", but when your at the store you'll remember.

minimidget94 said:
Hey. If you guys all remembered these advertisements, that means that they may be boring, but you remembered them. They were obviously good advertisements. You may say to yourself "I am never buying that product", but when your at the store you'll remember.
There's a difference between remembering a product and wanting to buy it, and remembering a product and never wanting to buy it, though. Sure, they got you to remember their product, but they lost a customer. In addition, the customer they lost will probably speak poorly about the product's advertising, which may affect the way others want to purchase the product. A good advertisement makes someone remember the product and actually want to buy it.

Anyway, the worst advertisement I can think of (besides infomercials, which are all terrible by default in my opinion) would be Head On. Yes, the advertising did its job of making me and so many others remember it, but it'll be hard for me to ever view that product in a positive light ever again.

There are also many, many corny ads that I can't remember, so those would be terrible, as well. Pretty much anything with people who are annoying or are just there to be "OMGZ I IZ SO QUIRKY AND STRANGE!!!!". Phone commercials seem to be going this route lately.

eat mor chikin

I never liked the Old Spice commercials. They're totally random and are always lame in humor.
"Did you know I was riding a horse?...Backwards?"

minimidget94 said:

A good advertisement is one that convinces the viewer to buy the product, not necessarily to remember it.

For instance, despite that recurring Toy Story 3 ad on Bulbapedia, I never watched the movie.

Has anyone seen the commercials in tv for that car insurence The General? Those are freaking hilarious. They are the worst. Full of bad acting and cheezy graphics.

@Pokequaza, The one I was referring to was the one titled: Gothic Dating Sites(lolwut) and was written in Greek...
So this isn't spam: those commercials for catheters *shudder* with the old lady who couldn't even read the lines without sounding like a robot to save her life. The Lifealert commercials bother me, too.

ooh
i have those perfume commercials
they have nothing to do with the actual perfume or even the scent of it
its basicly trying to be dramatic and all
and at the last 10 seconds they show the perfume

The Power of Three said:
I never liked the Old Spice commercials. They're totally random and are always lame in humor.
"Did you know I was riding a horse?...Backwards?

Blasphemy! Those are only the most brilliant thing man has ever done. /sarcasm

No, but seriously. Those are awesome. Know what I don't like? Anything from Dairy Queen. Their commercials are always so stupid...

Back