Worlds Thread

I'm not saying he cheated, he wouldn't do that. I'm just saying I don't think that was a fair way to win, especially since Jon DID have the win.

How is that not fair? It can't be reversed. Jon should have payed more attention to what was going on and double checked if Jason played N.

RogueChomp said:
I'm not saying he cheated, he wouldn't do that. I'm just saying I don't think that was a fair way to win, especially since Jon DID have the win.

I wouldn't use the word fair myself, but this all just seems so...tainted is the word I would use. Just like yucky germs, the two rulings yesterday could very well have impacted things going forward.

Of course, none of this could actually be Jason's fault, but rather the structure of the tournament itself what with playing for an exorbitant amount of time in the course of a couple days. Nothing to take away from his victory (I'm sure he is a great guy personality wise and I myself was rooting for him just 24 hours ago before all of this went down, and am glad to see some great history was made), but I will forever remember the decisions that may have contributed to this outcome.

dmaster out.

I did notice in the finals match Jason was putting RR Supporters immediately face-down into his hand to make sure he wasn't playing them instantly. I doubt he confused his opponent intentionally, but I have seen a lot of people who witnessed it getting very worked up on /vp/.

Ryan Sinclair said:
I did notice in the finals match Jason was putting RR Supporters immediately face-down into his hand to make sure he wasn't playing them instantly. I doubt he confused his opponent intentionally, but I have seen a lot of people who witnessed it getting very worked up on /vp/.

It's /vp/, they'll get worked up about anything.

I'm sure the incident wasn't intentional. Things like this are going to happen if you make players play until 11:30 at night in the highest pressure tournament of the season. Mistakes happen, people get game losses. As far as I am concerned, something like this is the same thing as a misplay on Jon's part. Not getting game losses is part of being a good player, mistakes are mistakes, whether they are misplays, or N related mishaps. As far as I am concerned, Jason's victory is completely clean.

Jason Klaczynski is an absolutely upstanding player. No way he would have done anything like that intentionally, not to mention that his actions weren't even baiting - he couldn't have done that expecting his opponent to think he had played the N.

Back