Worlds and 2020 Season Cancelled, Points Will Roll Over to Next Year

Kalnhobbs

Aspiring Trainer
Ooo nice, a return of the Pokebeach PTCGO tourneys! Will TCGplayer be partnering for sponsored prizing again?

XCITE

Aspiring Trainer
so do the points stack? like.. if i got 10 this year and 50 next year Ill have 60 toward worlds? and is worlds still in august?

CxEriK

Aspiring Trainer
so do the points stack? like.. if i got 10 this year and 50 next year Ill have 60 toward worlds? and is worlds still in august?
seems it would stack, threshold would definitely change if they want to control the amount of players invited.
Most likely would be in August but not announced yet.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Im not surprised its (the venue in london) currently being turned into biggest field hospital in europe, pretty scary how big it is going to be... and is gonna be operational for at least 12 months.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Wonder if the location of the next World's will still be London.
Stated in the article: "TPCi also announced that Worlds will take place in London for 2021, as it was meant to be this year. This is the first time they have announced a Worlds location this early."

Kenatta_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Stuck trying to get a refund on plane tickets right now. American Air is being dumb and refuses to give any type of refund even with COVID-19 going on worldwide.

Otaku

The wise fool?
Hope they hold off rotation until next year then.

They just might.

It is important to remember things are a mess but not equally messy worldwide... or even nationwide someplace like the U.S.A.

Rebel Clash is probably too far along to "freeze" its release, but if they set after it is delayed, I could see it happen... and that would make freezing set rotation an easy option. If they keep releasing new sets, though, that creates a larger cardpool which is more difficult to manage. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

DaLoc

Aspiring Trainer
the Play Pokemon twitter account said more info on point rollovers will come out soon.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
I want rotation to happen so I don't have to play against decks with Malamar or Oranguru in them.

Elliottkoby923

Aspiring Trainer
Do we know if the points roll over means that we need more points to quialify? Like it was 350 here but it’s likely to be more now isn’t it cos of the rollover?

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Do we know if the points roll over means that we need more points to quialify? Like it was 350 here but it’s likely to be more now isn’t it cos of the rollover?
If it doesn't say anything about it in the announcement then we don't know

aaron2310

Aspiring Trainer
Glad to hear it's still going to take place in London next year. Was really looking forward to spectating.