Worlds 2015 in Boston, No TCG LCQ [11/19]

25,000$ for 1st place?!?!

I regret quitting competitive playing. Never thought it would ever pay off. I mean granted, I have to not suck but if I kept at it, with a little bit of luck, even getting in the top 32 would have paid off insanely good. I could buy a good number of old school booster boxes I have been eyeing on but just can't afford!

Or if I really wanted to, I could get a new car if I won 1st place. Man oh man... well hope the person who does win 1st place deserves it.

Taken down ey? I had my doubts about Boston to be honest, I mean *cough the main character in the demo is named "Orlando" after all. ;) I think Boston could've been the first site that fell through, reason being the location was not declared at the world's finale. That's just my *cough "pointless" theory.

I'm pretty sure that the prizes aren't cash prizes, but instead just an approximation of how much the total lot of the stuff you'll get. It does 100% mean that the scholarship will be bigger :)

TwistedTurtwig said:
Well if I do end up making it into MIT after all, it looks like I'll be visiting Worlds for the first time!

Woah, you're applying/you've applied? I'm an undergrad :D I'm so psyched for my first worlds, barring any mix up with the website taken down and all!

WHAT, I couldn't go last year due to college/work and now there's no LCQ, that, the pre-release, and the loot were the reasons to go for me and my other common folk friends, now 1/3rd of its gone, unless I start winning hard its gonna be hard to justify going if this is the new trend, could just spend the travel money on the loot and a local pre-release

I think the timing of Worlds next year (Aug 21-23) is going to be more challenging for those of us with school-age kids. My younger son starts high school on Aug 19th, and there's just no way we'd let him skip the first three days of school.

I think there will be a lot fewer juniors and seniors at next year's Worlds.

Back