XY Will we be getting new evolutions?

We must get evolutions for - Dunsparce, Pachirisu, another one for Eevee, Farfetch'd, and maybe the intro of Stage 3 pokemon?

I wouldn't put it past them to eventually give just about anything an evolution, but Dunsparce is pretty much a gimmick pokemon, at least conceptually; it's based on a small, rare mythical animal, so it's just kind of a pokemon to have fun collecting, a cute one-off reference.

Collecting? I think you mean training a team of six of them! :U
I think Dunsparce could possibly get one this gen, just because it's been in the limelight slightly more than usual (it was a main character in the new PMD and it finally got a plushie). But, maybe not. I'll be happy if it does, even if I end up hating it, because there will always still be Dunsparce.
It doesn't really need one, at any rate.

Yeah people consistently forget that Dunsparce is actually a pretty good pokemon already.

Of course I consider things in the so-called "lower tiers" to basically be the standard. Other people compare everything to the overused and uber stuff which is totally backwards.

If it does get an evolution with a sucky design, we can just put eviolite on it! At least, assuming they keep eviolite around, which they better.

Chaos Ripper said:
We must get evolutions for - Dunsparce, Pachirisu, another one for Eevee, Farfetch'd, and maybe the intro of Stage 3 pokemon?

I can't really see Stage 3 Pokemon happening. Most Pokemon only need to evolve twice to become 'full Pokemon' - there's no more to Ampharos that would actually be worth having.
Not to mention the stats - imagine how broken a Salamence evolution could turn out.

As much as I'd like an Altaria evolution, I doubt that we'll actually get one.
Also, Fighting/Flying Farfetch'd evo please!

Bogleech said:
Yeah people consistently forget that Dunsparce is actually a pretty good pokemon already.

Of course I consider things in the so-called "lower tiers" to basically be the standard. Other people compare everything to the overused and uber stuff which is totally backwards.

If it does get an evolution with a sucky design, we can just put eviolite on it! At least, assuming they keep eviolite around, which they better.

Oh god; I hadn't considered Eviolite Dunsparce. Yes please.

I never understood how having baby Pokemon benefits the already existing Pokemon. People always say that Pokemon X needs an evo and a pre-vo but I never understand how adding a previous evolution would do anything...

TrainerSivan said:
I never understood how having baby Pokemon benefits the already existing Pokemon. People always say that Pokemon X needs an evo and a pre-vo but I never understand how adding a previous evolution would do anything...

(Didn't we just go through that, or was that another thread xD)

The same thing that regular "not final evolutions" add to a line.

Do you think their existence doesn't make a difference either then?
(like if there was just Luxray, Slaking, Seismitoad, Aggron etc, without their lower stages existing.)

Must have been another thread. I just...don't understand. People always say how we "need" them, which makes me think they will add something to the gameplay. Yet, most of these baby Pokemon require some weird breeding technique (incense anyone?) that you typically have to go out of your way to do in order to get this baby Pokemon. I mean, do they change the stats of the original? I like more Pokemon and I like having options. I just don't like things like Bonsly or a Pinsir pre-evo taking up Pokedex space, not contributing to much and generally being hard/annoying to obtain, when we don't have Pokemon based on creature we don't have yet. I mean, if we get a Pinsir pre-evo and not a platypus Pokemon, I'm going to be annoyed.

TrainerSivan said:
Must have been another thread. I just...don't understand. People always say how we "need" them, which makes me think they will add something to the gameplay. Yet, most of these baby Pokemon require some weird breeding technique (incense anyone?) that you typically have to go out of your way to do in order to get this baby Pokemon. I mean, do they change the stats of the original? I like more Pokemon and I like having options. I just don't like things like Bonsly or a Pinsir pre-evo taking up Pokedex space, not contributing to much and generally being hard/annoying to obtain, when we don't have Pokemon based on creature we don't have yet. I mean, if we get a Pinsir pre-evo and not a platypus Pokemon, I'm going to be annoyed.

Is there a "gameplay" point to Shinx' and Luxios existence? Or would it be the same if there was simply a mono-stage Luxray obtainable at some point in its game?

The point of basic and middle stages is so that you can't easily get overpowered behemoths in the early-to-middle parts of the game d:

frezgle said:
The point of basic and middle stages is so that you can't easily get overpowered behemoths in the early-to-middle parts of the game d:

Yep, thats one point. And it holds for plenty of later added pre-evolutions ;D

TrainerSivan said:

Most people aren't talking about gameplay mechanics when they say they want a baby pokemon. They're just talking about flavor and logic; that it doesn't make sense for a huge lapras to hatch out of an egg a complete lapras, or that beetles like Heracross and Pinsir always have larval stages in nature and it'd just be kinda neat if a grub pokemon could evolve into either one of them, and maybe a new beetle, like how Tyrogue joined together the hitmons.

Pokemon IS about more than the mechanics of battle. That's all some circles of the fandom care about, but personally, I haven't even played any of the video games or watched the show in forever, and I'm still a massive fan. I'm into pokemon almost 100% for the designs and concepts of the monsters.

I want the missing link between Magikarp and Gyarados. Seriously, how did that little runt become a dragon thing?

Hegafire0 said:
I want the missing link between Magikarp and Gyarados. Seriously, how did that little runt become a dragon thing?

http://www.zengyotaku.com/carp_jump_dragon_gate.html

Hegafire0 said:

....That's the joke. That's part of what's supposed to make Magikarp entertaining and cool, because a helpless, goofy, useless little fish just explodes into a giant terrifying monstrosity.

Pokemon "evolve" by some sort of magical glowing force, so big jumps between stages don't need to make sense.

Small baby stages are just something that would fit in nicely for some of them.

You forgot...

Gen 2: Kingdra, Blissey
Gen 3: Azurill
Gen 4: Budew, Mantyke, Bonsly, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Weavile, Togekiss, Electivire, Dusknoir, Yanmega, and Lickilicky

Yes, I hope we get new evolutions. A evolution of Corsola would be sick! Imagine what a giant version of it would look like!

RE: A theory of evolutions!

Zoroark316 said:
Silentslayer said:
You left out Azuril from Gen 3

Yeah.

They are guaranteed to make more evos/pre evos.
(But gen 5 pisses me off because of pokemon like bouffolant and alomomola who clearly should evolve from Tauros and luvdisc but don't. UUUUGGGHHH!!!!!)

I personally hope they make an evo for mr mime and jinx and Sudowoodo and pachirisu, and a second evolution branch for pikachu, like they did with politoed, that evolves from trade holding something, and is electric/fighting type.

So really overall from the previous generation, I don't want any evos for gen 5 pokes, but rather to link bouffant to Tauros and alomomola to luvdisc like we all. Know should have happened.

...Mime Sr...

DNA Evolution would be cool! If the rumours about X and Y being chromosomes, and that being genetics; we might get DNA Evolution. For an example that two Pokémon evolve into one! That would be really cool.

Back