XY Will we be getting new evolutions?

Salamencetrainer34

I am out of smash codes.
So, every even gen we get at least 1 new evolution of a pokemon from the previous generation.

Gen 2: Pichu Also, espeon and umbreon)
Gen 4: Froslass (Glaceon/Leafeon)
Gen 6: A new evo from gen 5. (Hopefully Durant and heatmor)

What you think?

RE: A theory of evolutions!

Silentslayer said:
You left out Azuril from Gen 3

Yeah.

They are guaranteed to make more evos/pre evos.
(But gen 5 pisses me off because of pokemon like bouffolant and alomomola who clearly should evolve from Tauros and luvdisc but don't. UUUUGGGHHH!!!!!)

I personally hope they make an evo for mr mime and jinx and Sudowoodo and pachirisu, and a second evolution branch for pikachu, like they did with politoed, that evolves from trade holding something, and is electric/fighting type.

So really overall from the previous generation, I don't want any evos for gen 5 pokes, but rather to link bouffant to Tauros and alomomola to luvdisc like we all. Know should have happened.

Zoroark316 said:
Silentslayer said:
You left out Azuril from Gen 3

Yeah.

They are guaranteed to make more evos/pre evos.
(But gen 5 pisses me off because of pokemon like bouffolant and alomomola who clearly should evolve from Tauros and luvdisc but don't. UUUUGGGHHH!!!!!)

I personally hope they make an evo for mr mime and jinx and Sudowoodo and pachirisu, and a second evolution branch for pikachu, like they did with politoed, that evolves from trade holding something, and is electric/fighting type.

So really overall from the previous generation, I don't want any evos for gen 5 pokes, but rather to link bouffant to Tauros and alomomola to luvdisc like we all. Know should have happened.
5th Gen was very misleading -_-, But they changed some ways of evolution Like Milotics. Also introduced the Shelmet-Karrablast trade.
So maybe we can expect some type of "Have a certain Gym Badge so this Pokemon can evolve"

It's practically a given that there will be new evolutions, there almost always is and since this gen seems to be focusing more on old Pokemon, we may get a lot of them. And we probably will get a lot of 4th and 5th gen evolutions since there hasn't been an opportunity for them to get any yet. Seriously, a lot of what you've been saying is incredibly obvious.

Until they say "There's no old Pokemon in this game", its safe to assume we're getting some new evolutions.

And I highly doubt that they'll say that given what we've seen.

Bippa said:
Until they say "There's no old Pokemon in this game", its safe to assume we're getting some new evolutions.

And I highly doubt that they'll say that given what we've seen.

Iwata himself pretty much confirmed the opposite in the Nintendo Direct announcement, there's going to be a mix of old and new Pokemon.

Zoroark316 said:

"clearly"??

There have been counterparts who are not related since the beginning.

I assume you were similarly pissed at Carnivine, Plusle/Minun, Heracross, Miltank..?

Or heck probably even Galvantula for not being related to Ariados etc.

Mitja said:
Zoroark316 said:

"clearly"??

I assume you were similarly pissed at Carnivine, Plusle/Minun, Heracross, Miltank..?

1. Carnivine was perfectly new, no problems there,
2.Plusle and minun were unrelated and different enough for there use in double battles ppto be 1. perfectly fine in that regard.
3. Her across doesn't look like anything, it's ok, besides, there are no bug fighting types tiaw other than it.
4. Other people have thought that militant could evolve from a pre evo that was the same for Tauros, and it would evolve into either based on gender, personally, I think a wild bull and a milk cow could be two different pokemon.
5. That's just rediculous.

If they're going to include throwback Pokemon in this game, there better be some evolutions for them. It doesn't really look good to have included so many throwbacks without including a new evolution for at least a few of them. For example, I felt really awkward playing BW2 and having half of the Pokemon I encounter be throwback Pokemon and not the new Pokemon. I know, I know, it doesn't look good to introduce non-legends halfway through a generation. Despite that, I felt if they were going to do the BW2 regional Pokedex like that they should've at least cut the focus on throwbacks and put more on the Unova Pokemon. Had Gen. 5 given us evolutions for old Pokemon, I would've felt less awkward.

Basically, I want what DPPt did. They include throwbacks while also giving evolutions to a few of those that are included. This is a nice mix as you have your new Pokemon (Lucario, Garchomp, Heatran), your new throwback evolutions (Roserade, Mime Jr., Weavile), and some throwbacks included yet untouched (Crobat, Gyarados, Machamp).

Just imagine this: Gen 4. but with better designed Pokemon. :D

Zoroark316 said:
Mitja said:
"clearly"??

2.Plusle and minun were unrelated and different enough for there use in double battles ppto be 1. perfectly fine in that regard.
3. Her across doesn't look like anything, it's ok, besides, there are no bug fighting types tiaw other than it.
4. Other people have thought that militant could evolve from a pre evo that was the same for Tauros, and it would evolve into either based on gender, personally, I think a wild bull and a milk cow could be two different pokemon.
5. That's just rediculous.

What's ridiculous is saying Tauros should evolve into Bouffalant... Are you serious?

Oh, and what he meant is Heracross is a counterpart to Pinsir...

@TDL: I was going to say that I agreed entirely with your post until I've read:
Gen 4. but with better designed Pokemon.

Zoroark316 said:

And it didnt bother you that its center body part was yellow with dark spots like the other carnivorous plant pokemon before it.

Totally a coincidence.

Then how was Vespiquen for you?
I never saw outrage about how that should've been an alt. Beedrill evo or something.

Mitja said:
I never saw outrage about how that should've been an alt. Beedrill evo or something.

Why would Beedrill have an alt evolution when it's supposed to be an attack bee, and Vespiquen is the queen bee, thus Combee's and Beedrills would work for her, so you it makes sense why a female combee(So ANNOYING to get) is alright being where it is as the needed one for becoming a Queen Bee like Vespiquen. At that, I've seen several reasons why the pokemon he mentioned could evolve into. I however disagree with certain points as well.

Truthfully Gen IV drove me nuts because so many pokemon were just evos of old pokemon that weren't even creative. Lickylicky?!? F'reals?!?! Evos of old pokemon wouldn't bother me if at least they were well done, but gen IV felt more rehashed to me than gen V.

Pokemon Trainer Dark said:
Mitja said:

Why would Beedrill have an alt evolution when it's supposed to be an attack bee, and Vespiquen is the queen bee, thus Combee's and Beedrills would work for her, so you it makes sense why a female combee(So ANNOYING to get) is alright being where it is as the needed one for becoming a Queen Bee like Vespiquen. At that, I've seen several reasons why the pokemon he mentioned could evolve into. I however disagree with certain points as well.

I was replying to zoroark who apparently is pissed of for unrelated pokemon who "clearly" should be related or something like that. Its nonsense.

Gen 1: all original
Gen 2: many prevos and evos
Gen 3: all original (bar 2)
Gen 4: many prevos and evos
Gen 5: all original

So I'll hazard a guess and say that gen 6 is likely to bring us a good number of evolutions.

Sixth gen might bring us a good number of previous pokemon's Prevo's and Evo's however, they have in my opinion the better set to work with. I personally didn't enjoy most of the ones chosen in fourth gen to get evolutions.

TDL said:
If they're going to include throwback Pokemon in this game, there better be some evolutions for them. It doesn't really look good to have included so many throwbacks without including a new evolution for at least a few of them. For example, I felt really awkward playing BW2 and having half of the Pokemon I encounter be throwback Pokemon and not the new Pokemon. I know, I know, it doesn't look good to introduce non-legends halfway through a generation. Despite that, I felt if they were going to do the BW2 regional Pokedex like that they should've at least cut the focus on throwbacks and put more on the Unova Pokemon. Had Gen. 5 given us evolutions for old Pokemon, I would've felt less awkward.

Basically, I want what DPPt did. They include throwbacks while also giving evolutions to a few of those that are included. This is a nice mix as you have your new Pokemon (Lucario, Garchomp, Heatran), your new throwback evolutions (Roserade, Mime Jr., Weavile), and some throwbacks included yet untouched (Crobat, Gyarados, Machamp).

So basically you don't want to see any old Pokemon except ones that have new evolutions? That would be very tricky if not impossible to make it work. First of all, the new Pokemon by themselves would have to be able to form a balanced regional dex. That would mean there needs to be, among other things, a roughly equal type distribution. Which means it can't be something like 4th gen where we only got 2 Fire types or anything. Furthermore, region size has to be taken into account. For instance, you can't get away with a 100-150 regional dex for something the size of say, Hoenn or Sinnoh anymore, especially not if they intend to keep new capturing mechanics like Double Grass and Shaking Spots, there's too many slots to fill and it'd get boring seeing many of the same Pokemon spammed throughout several areas. I'd say we're probably going to be getting a lot of 250-300 regional dexes in the future, maybe 200 if the region is small enough (about the size of Johto or Unova). Most of the regional dexes have been appropriate for the region size.

The only problem I've had with the regional dexes so far is that they've either been not diverse enough (FRLG, HGSS, DP), or when they include a significant amount of Pokemon in the regional dex which aren't encountered until obtaining the National Dex, thereby making them pointless additions (GSCHGSS, BW2).

Bolt the Cat said:
TDL said:

So basically you don't want to see any old Pokemon except ones that have new evolutions?

That's not at all what they said.

Back