Will Gyarados survive?

Thank you for respecting my opinion Zero, but its definitely not just complaining. First of all I didn't say the Luxchomp players with transit to Lostgar, I'm saying a large percentage of the TCG players, similar to the size of Luxchomp players, will be playing Lostgar. A cancer doesn't cure the other cancer.

I've done enough battles with Lostgar to know how the deck will fare against the meta. Firstly you say a Lostgar running on Trainers will not be able to get the 2nd/3rd Gengar out, but I don't see a rationale for this. It works the same way a Machamp SF does, and a Machamp deck DOES get its multiple lines out. A Lostgar deck will have an even easier time, because it never draws prizes, so losing out in that is beneficial because it can use Twins.

As I've said already your hand can never be free from Pokemon for long because there's always Looker's Investigation, and possible Mr. Mime and Spiritomb if they get printed in English. Especially in Gyarados because after you set up you still have leftover Sableyes, Gyrarados, Combees and whatnot.

Without any justification you can't say I have faulty variables, that either my opponent or I have a inferior deck. Yes, a Gengar will get 2-hit by a Gyarados, but for the first Gengar you kill, the second will be waiting on the bench with 2 energies, and Seeker will not only force you to have Pokemon in your hand, but also deprive you of the second blow.

Our debate on Gengar and the Lost World would go on for a long while, so I've said my piece and I'm done. Thanks for reading and no hard feelings.

It needs the basic fossil which is unsearchable (except via Twins). You will barely get Star in a game.
I'd like to add here, Zero, that Fossil Excavator was printed in Majestic Dawn, and therefore you can search for any Fossil-based Pokemon in the current format, be it from the deck or the discard. It's not unsearchable.

^But who would even bother using that? And BTW Scizor, your theorymon is terrible. Really? Spiritomb?? You put yourself behind to get cards you can't use till next turn, and by then all 3 karps will probably in the discard. Then you set up for lost zoning one pokemon...if you even set up. It's either seeker or twins, or if you are really going to waste resources...Fossil Excavator. It just doesn't work.

Wow, Julliant hit the nail right on the head with that one.

And i never thought of the fact they can almost always use twins.
Just another reason of many why LostGar would dominate.

Spiritomb is almost always the preferred start for 2nd-stage decks.
Even if your opponent does get the Magikarps discarded, there are several ways to get Pokémon in your opponent's hand.
Looker's. Use this, if they already have 1 or 2 Pokémon, don't use use it on them, just use it on yourself for 2 cards in the Lost Zone.
Seeker. Even if it's only one Pokémon in-hand, it's still 1/6 of the way there.
Omastar (if you want to play it). Against an evo deck, just play it for about 2 cards in the LZ, particularly if you Warp Point first.
All I'm saying is that there are multiple ways to get your opponent's Pokémon into the Lost Zone. Twins is there if you want anything, because your opponent will often have Pokémon cards in his/her hand anyways. You don't HAVE to play Seeker or Looker's every turn. But it's an option. You don't even HAVE to get set up quickly. But it's an option. Spiritomb is a very helpful card because it locks Junk Arm and also gets your Gengar out (and maybe even Omastar if you're running it).

Spiritomb is almost always the preferred start for 2nd-stage decks.
Even if your opponent does get the Magikarps discarded, there are several ways to get Pokémon in your opponent's hand.
Looker's. Use this, if they already have 1 or 2 Pokémon, don't use use it on them, just use it on yourself for 2 cards in the Lost Zone.
If you can fit more supporters, go ahead. Even if you do get a pokemon, you still need a few more turns and if you make me shuffle, and I can draw 1 card because I know you won't bother to KO me.
Seeker. Even if it's only one Pokémon in-hand, it's still 1/6 of the way there.
Omastar (if you want to play it). Against an evo deck, just play it for about 2 cards in the LZ, particularly if you Warp Point first.
First off, Omastar is pointless. Also, if you use seeker you must set up your Gengar first. You are going to use either twins or seeker, anything else is pointless. You also only have 4 seekers; if you use VS seeker then you will have more dead cards to draw with (in addition to seeker)
All I'm saying is that there are multiple ways to get your opponent's Pokémon into the Lost Zone. Twins is there if you want anything, because your opponent will often have Pokémon cards in his/her hand anyways. You don't HAVE to play Seeker or Looker's every turn. But it's an option. You don't even HAVE to get set up quickly. But it's an option. Spiritomb is a very helpful card because it locks Junk Arm and also gets your Gengar out (and maybe even Omastar if you're running it).
Regimove gets rid of the lock, and removes excess pokemon. It is one of the easiest cards to search for; in addition helps get up gdos to pound at all your pokemon. Gengar is hyped way too much, especially with a useless poke body and ways to get around it.
Don't get me wrong, but Gengar is definitely overhyped like cards from previous sets. It can do some neat stuff, but is countered way too easily especially with the new 'tools' to be used. It definitely is strong, but should not beat gyarados and other top decks.

4 Magikarp
2 Gyarados
4 Uxie
1 Azelf
1 Dialga G
1 Dialga G Lv. X
1 Regice

4 Broken Time Space

1 Bebe's Search
4 Pokémon Collector
2 Marley's Request

3 Switch
4 Junk Arm
4 Quick Ball
3 Dual Ball
2 Victory Medal
4 Poke Drawer
4 Pokedex
1 Luxury Ball
4 Super Scoop Up
2 Expert Belt
1 Pokémon Rescue

1 Warp Energy
1 Cyclone Energy
2 Rescue Energy

VileGar is still an issue, but there are outs to it in here so it's not an auto loss. This is very fast though and super solid against every variation of SP decks I have played against thus far.

4 Uxie is where it's at in this deck. I had Combee in but he got in the way. Rescue Energy lets you get away with not playing. Try it out man, you will be surprised.

How about 3-1 Uxie instead of straight 4? I've found that works a lot better; plus, 80% of your bench isn't taken up.

I play 4 Rescue energy, but you can't always rely on Rescue energy. Combee is a lifesaver sometimes.

@scizor:what stops the gdos player from teching a mew prime?lz'ing 3 dos can only help them oneshot u....(120+eb)

lol i only use 1 uxie in my gyarados deck :p And i only use that on very rare occasions.
Am I the only one that usually finds themselves with like 10 cards by turn 2?
If I could get an uxie x, will probs bump it up to 2 uxies though.

And TDA good point, that would be pretty jokes, guess the gengar players have to take a lot more care when lost zoning

No. After Impersonateing, I have at least 11 cards. I run 2-1 Uxie.

@TDA: Well, good luck with that. It won't be long before I Zone that Mew, too (2 turns, plus 2 damage counters on another Pokémon on the 2nd turn). Or, I can just ignore your 2HKO threat and keep Seeker-ing/Looker's-ing your other Pokémon into the LZ.

LostGar wins 5th turn
1st: LZ gengar, 1 energy
2nd: Use it's first attck, put in 2 pokemon w/ 2 energy
3rd: First attack, put in 3 w/ 3 energy
4th: First attack, put up to 4 pokemon.
5th: GG.

So the only chance G-dos has is to Impersonate a collector. Then just impersonate cyrus's conspiracy's to get the collcetor or bebe's you need.

^If you're running Mew, yes. It could be viable, I'm just not sure it'd be worth giving up 80 HP to use a basic instead of Stage 2, but it would certainly be quicker.
Once it does get KO'd, say, the 2nd turn, you can only LZ 1 'Mon the next turn.

I'm saying that the Mew will get KO'd your opponent's 2nd turn. Then the next turn, you'll have a Mew with only 1 energy. Which will probably be OHKO'd. Then next turn, 1 energy and OHKO'd. So you'll go through 4 Mews, assuming the first one even lasts 2 turns... Mews aren't meant to stay more than one turn; they're just to swarm.

glaceon: thats seriously never gonna happen unless the gdos player is really incompetent. most of gdos is basic so they can ether lay it down or find ways of shuffling back the pokemon back into the deck or regimove to discard them. Its basically like trainer lock but easier to get around imo because there are more options to get around it.
Gengar player could lookers or something but a typical gdos list runs quite a small number of pokemon and looks to get most of them out by turn 1/2 anyway so lookering may not bring up that much

scizorlicious: hes talking about adding mew as a tech, not revolving the deck around him. If your gengar lost zones my gdos, I can just search for a mew, slap on a belt and 1hko you all game whilst you struggle to keep up. lost zoning a gdos is pretty risky

Back