Wii U Discussion Thread

BlueEyedSteelix

Steelix Bait
new-nintendo-wii-e3-small.png

The Wii U is Nintendo's next generation console. It features a 6 inch touchscreen-integrated controller and 1080p graphics.

I personally think this is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. The possibilities are ENDLESS with this. Seriously, look at that screenshot. Imagine other games you love with this, including Pokemon.

Please share your thoughts here. I'm still in so much shock and I can't even properly share my opinions. Once the discussion gets going I'll definitely throw in my input.

Emperor_Gaius

Formerly mlouden03
RE: Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Looks awesome

off topic:

did you start your pikachu project back up again? lol

catutie

Ahhhhh back.....er....kind of

-_- the one title they announced was LAME. but that zelda game looked amazing...

if that is how the games actually look then its AMAZING and like 3 times better than the PS3. playstation has a run for its money now, nintendo is now beating in this dumb graphics race.

and now people cant say that nintendo is a baby system...did you hear? batman, darksiders blah blah blah :p you lose xbox and playstation

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11

I can't wait. The whole conference was amazing. I'm personally looking forward to SSB, Mario Kart and Zelda, plus Kid Icarus, which'll be interesting. I will have to start saving now, I bet it'll cost LOADS. I hope that they make a new Wii Sports style thing (I know that they did for 3DS, but I don't like the look of it), and I also hope that they involve MotionPlus still in some way, plus we need more Pokemon. :p I am very satisfied at the graphics. All they need for this is Halo, and they've attracted the XBOX audience! :D

biggy

Pokemon Professor

There is already a official trailer!

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2IDqQ4JGGM[/video]

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11

Oh, phew. You still get MotionPlus. And, it's pretty much a tablet! Awesome! This just gets better and better!

Chello

Do you even flop?

Im getting this for my bar mitzvah, this is so sick, has nintendo announced a price? im allowed to spend 550 dollars of it so hopefully i can get some games for it

catutie

P0KEVORTEX said:
I can't wait. The whole conference was amazing. I'm personally looking forward to SSB, Mario Kart and Zelda, plus Kid Icarus, which'll be interesting. I will have to start saving now, I bet it'll cost LOADS. I hope that they make a new Wii Sports style thing (I know that they did for 3DS, but I don't like the look of it), and I also hope that they involve MotionPlus still in some way, plus we need more Pokemon. :p I am very satisfied at the graphics. All they need for this is Halo, and they've attracted the XBOX audience! :D

they already said that battlefront would be released on the Wii U....

Futa

Aspiring Trainer

To be honest, the Wii U feels like another 3DS, except without the 3D and playable on a bigger screen.

catutie

^thats what i thought at first. i just said that oh this is a DS...but then they did the baseball...and the golf...then it was amazing

Futa

Aspiring Trainer

Even so, it still doesn't seem so great. For a successor, the WU doesn't seem like a big change. It only adds on to the Wii, IMO. Take the GC to Wii, for example. The Wii had that "pointer", which brought so many new game ideas to Nintendo. The WU brings a different angle of things, which, IMO, isn't stellar.

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
I know what you mean... I hope that the games are backwards-compatible, although I bet they're not.

CrazyAipom

'Sup
Yeah, I mean, the idea is awesome, being able to use the control to play while someone watches tv but...I can not see myself using an Ipad with joy sticks playing Blockbuster titles. Thank god it's getting an overhaul in graphics though, I don't see it outdoing PS3 though, or even the 360 (with upcoming titles) for graphics. Still, very nice, they don't suck! :) In fact, they're great! :p

I'm sorry though, PS3 and Xbox are still on top of it in real gaming terms. And who ever just said put Halo on it, no. The Wii can't do shooters well. Besides, Halo's only home is Xbox, they'd never, let go of their flagship series. That's like saying the next Mario game should be on PS3. :p

Anyways, seems very pricey, but I do like some ideas for it. But I can't help but feel that Nintende is trying to make it more and more complicated to play. They really want to keep adding things to a control. FOCUS ON THE SYSTEM AND GAMES!

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
The only reason why the PS3 and 360 are better than the Wii is because they have better graphics and better games. Aiming with the Wii for first-person shooters is much harder than the PS3/360 simply because it's so easy to move the Wii Remote, losing your aim.

However, if the WU does fix this problem, then I could see the WU as a better game system for the popular games.

catutie

^they said they were bringing shooters. when the prez of EA came out he said battlefield would come to the console. it seems that shooters would be alot better on this with the screen instead of aiming with the wii controller (uhg...playing anything gun related on that was HORRID). maybe having your gun as the screen and you just push the A button to shoot when you have your target on the controller screen...hmmm

also with the things that they showed...it looked better than PS3 or xbox. ALOT better. although im not a person that cares about bigger and better graphics.

and pokevortex.....yes it backward compatible lol. thus why im going to trade in my wii for this

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
catutie said:
^they said they were bringing shooters. when the prez of EA came out he said battlefield would come to the console. it seems that shooters would be alot better on this with the screen instead of aiming with the wii controller (uhg...playing anything gun related on that was HORRID). maybe having your gun as the screen and you just push the A button to shoot when you have your target on the controller screen...hmmm

also with the things that they showed...it looked better than PS3 or xbox. ALOT better. although im not a person that cares about bigger and better graphics.

and pokevortex.....yes it backward compatible lol. thus why im going to trade in my wii for this

As it stands right now, the PS3/360 is still better than the WU. Those systems still have games like Assassin's Creed, and their CoD/Halo is better. As of right now, we don't know what kind of games WU has, and if games like CoD/Halo do hit the WU, how good they will be on the WU will depend on how accurately the WU will let the player shoot.

catutie

personally gameplay>graphics

i see the 360 and PS3 as sucky because they dont innovate they just make the picture prettier. who cares really, all they do is make different shooters while nintendo is out making new ideas and concepts as a whole and not just recycling the same thing over and over (really...we need like 5 different names for the same game, halo, COD, battlefield, *insert other shooters name here* seriously...all it is, is just picking up a gun and shooting...). nintendo has made shooters...bad ones at that but that isnt really there forte anyway, they are good at group games or adventure games (LoZ, Mario, um....pokemon i guess). i guess to each his own

CrazyAipom

'Sup
Showed what? The graphics look notice, yes, but not better than the other two systems. And they've said the next shooter would improve every time. Their version of CoD MW were horrible, Conduit(or something like that..),

Have you seen BF3's trailers? Have you seen the graphics on it? Wii still has a long way to go. Again, seeing that trailer with the sniping mii thing, it's a gallery shooter. I don't see CoDs/Halos on this system.

I like graphics to an extent. It can not carry the game though, never. It's just icing on the cake. And they do innovate. The more real it seems, the more you can get into it. Heck, if you ever get a chance to play on an awesome TV and use Turtle Beach headset...you have no clue how much it puts you into the game(I need to hang with rich friends more :p). Beyond shooters though, turn to the new racing games, or our growing market of RPGs (SKYRIM! HOLY COW! I thought I'd never get into a game like that.), and our Kinect/Move games on the way.

I'll end it though, all the systems, as much as I hate their superiority complex(worse than any system fanboy...), can't keep up with PC graphics.

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
Gliscor said:
catutie said:

As it stands right now, the PS3/360 is still better than the WU. Those systems still have games like Assassin's Creed, and their CoD/Halo is better. As of right now, we don't know what kind of games WU has, and if games like CoD/Halo do hit the WU, how good they will be on the WU will depend on how accurately the WU will let the player shoot.
The advert on the last page, here if you missed it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2IDqQ4JGGM&feature=player_embedded
...shows that there is an option to use crosshairs on games, which look pretty accurate. If they are used for war games and not just Mii-related things, they could pull off something good. However, the new PSP-style thing looks like it has better graphics, plus 3G. I am split on what to get. Probably WiiU, since I want to play Pokemon games on there when they come out.