Wii U Discussion Thread

CrazyAipom said:
Showed what? The graphics look notice, yes, but not better than the other two systems. And they've said the next shooter would improve every time. Their version of CoD MW were horrible, Conduit(or something like that..),

Have you seen VF3's trailers? Have you seen the graphics on it? Wii still has a long way to go. Again, seeing that trailer with the sniping mii thing, it's a gallery shooter. I don't see CoDs/Halos on this system.

I like graphics to an extent. It can not carry the game though, never. It's just icing on the cake. And they do innovate. The more real it seems, the more you can get into it. Heck, if you ever get a chance to play on an awesome TV and use Turtle Beach headset...you have no clue how much it puts you into the game(I need to hang with rich friends more :p). Beyond shooters though, turn to the new racing games, or our growing market of RPGs (SKYRIM! HOLY COW! I thought I'd never get into a game like that.), and our Kinect/Move games on the way.

I'll end it though, all the systems, as much as I hate their superiority complex(worse than any system fanboy...), can't keep up with PC graphics.

well WiiU will still be kid friendly mostly. they want to make it more grown up while still making it kid friendly...and mostly all Wii ____ games arnt that good (although ive heard wii party was great...). heck i even thought that the mii shooting thing was dumb...MAJORLY. its just a release game just like wii sports or the worst of them all...wii play (I HATE THAT GAME. the only buying factor is the extra controller and that is even pushing it...). we would need to see more of the games to really make a final descision on anything graphical or gameplay wise but from the sports perspective of games (wii sports 2 well call it...) it was great. the ideas are great...im just happy there is a luigi's mansion 2 :D :D :D FINALLY

When they were doing the video clips of the upcoming games for Wii U (not the part with the names of the games, the part just before it) one of the games was Battlefield 3.

i cant find a vid but i found an article here

i says that army of 2 and battlefield came on the screen for a second thus titles that will be coming to the Wii U

^ at least i agree on something :p

i missed the beginning of it. i saw from when they announced all the 25th anniversary of zelda and all that...any one have vids of the stuff before that? i saw the new kirby AMAZING

I am unimmpressed with the new system. Let's analyse the gimmicks.

1. Playing game while someone wants to watch TV.

First of all, I have my own TV. Well, I understand that everyone doesn't. So I'll point out the other flaw. If I want to play Nintendo when I can't use Wii, I could simply, I don't know, PULL OUT MY HANDHELD DEVICE. Making a Purposely unportable system portable? I don't get.

2. Sketchpad.

I'll just, again, pull out my HANDHELD, go on Pictochat, Flipnote, or a drawn to life game/other art games. Or I can Pull out an ACTUAL SKETCHPAD.

So far, I'm not impressed. Only thing that might make me buy it right away is SSB.

^well that just you with your TV. i have that problem all the time. if i want to play then someone walks in and is like "OH TURN IT OFF SISTER WIVES IS ON" i have to find a save point and turn it off (paper mario...). with this i can just say "go ahead and watch your dumb show...ill be playing my game." and continue where i was...:p AWESOME lol

Looks pretty sexy, however my main concern is the price tag. This looks like an expensive console, and Nintendo's success is largely attributed to the cheap price tag of its products (DS, Wii). Additionally, Nintendo has carved out the family friendly reputation with the Wii, but I feel this will be harder to support when your controllers look like they will cost about $60+ each...

Hopefully they will come with controllers or a controller, i have 500$ to spend so im using it, nintendo in an article said 250$ or 350$ the cone console and probably like 60 for the games. It will comewtih a controller

I am psyched for the wii u we need more feed back about the games no doubt the legos game looks good. I will be getting it when it comes out.

I wish it wouldnt be compatiable with the wii controllers' because the wii controllers are very weak compared to the playstation move. They need come out with a new controller to replace the wii controller's and put it on wii u.

The price tag is a bit steep,yet the system itself seems interesting in its own right.
I really want to try out the new "Controller",apparently it can be used as both a controller as well as a navigation device (Browser,etc...).All in all,this looks like a step in the right direction for nintendo,so long as they rid of those friendcodes and opt for a similar format such as the PS3'S or Xbox's...

Dont call me a newb, but what is the price tag, *chello hopes that it is below 500 bucks so he can buy a game or 2 and still have money left over*

I'm betting that the price of an individual controller will be a lot more. I read a while ago that the current Wii Controller costs about $5 to make, while the new Wii U Controller costs $50 to make by itself. At that proportion the controller will cost about $85, something that most people would think to be steep for a controller.

@ChelloChello It is estimated at $399 at the moment...(Completely blows the 249.99 launch price of the Wii 1 out the water)However,there are rumors speculating that the controllers are priced at around $90,its likely this claim is false though...

Would the controllers be sold seperately? the price tag is alright, cause i get 500$ from my bar mitzvah money, but the controllers are sold seperately? i might just get a xbox or something, that blows, those controllers are sweet

Back