Wii 2 "Stream"

But where is it on the official nintendo site? That's what I've been looking for!

I'm not saying it's not true; but, even if we assume the press release is real, then all we know is that they're releasing a new console. Hell, I'll even assume that it is called Cafe. (Note that the Warioland site having those images there could mean that someone's said that's the name and then used those images as their proof; but if the console's proved real I'll take that as the name.) There's nothing about a super high-tech magic controller, or graphics 1000x better than the PS3/360, or anything.

edit: Oh, I get it, that document is on the nintendo site, it's just being viewed through google docs. :x I have no idea why though, I could read other press release perfectly fine off the site :/ Okay, I conceed that it does exist, and I certainly hope all the rest of the stuff about it(about the controller/graphics) are true. Sorry!

It's not on the US site, its on the Japanese one. Also Waroworld is Nintendo operated site that employees use and such. Also, its rumored (sorry, should've said that earlier) to have CPU and GPU from 2008, which is around 4-6x stronger than current consoles.

edit: No problem :V

Update from IGN.

Additionally, we have learned that the system will be based on a revamped version of AMD's R700 GPU architecture, not AMD's Fusion technology as previously believed, which will, as previously reported, out perform the PlayStation 3's NVIDIA 7800GTX-based processor. Like the Xbox 360, the system's CPU will be a custom-built triple-core IBM PowerPC chipset, but the clocking speeds will be faster. The system will support 1080p output with the potential for stereoscopic 3D as well, though it has not been determined whether that will be a staple feature. In terms of the design of the console itself, the overall size will be comparable to that of the original Xbox 360 and the system is likely to resemble a modernized version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES). As reported last week, it will indeed utilize controllers with integrated touchscreens and be capable of streaming games to each controller, though given the power of the system, could also feasibly provide a virtualized console for each individual unit. Finally, Nintendo is considering naming the console Stream, though it is potentially one of several names currently being vetted by the company. :D

This and the 3DS Lite are gonna bleed my wallet dry, but I think it'll be worth it.

Darkvoid57 said:
Yeah, this console will indeed be very expensive. From what analysts say, it will most likely be 350-400 dollars.

Ohh I thought that number was for the controllers. I was a bit scared there cause I'm still struggling to find enough cash to buy some extra Wii controllers. Still, this one will be crazy! But as usual, nothing is official yet anyways. But I'm definitely gonna have to save up since Nintendo is in money making mode. Looking forward to E3!

Here is the official Nintendo press release translated into English.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nintendo.co.jp%2Fir%2Fpdf%2F2011%2F110425_4.pdf

Wii Successor to be shown at this year´s E3!

Like the title says.Thanks to Bulbapedia for this information:

After a month of rumours and speculation across the internet, Nintendo have confirmed that the highly anticipated successor to their best-selling Wii console will be unveiled at this year's E3 Convention, held between June 7-9 in Los Angeles. A playable model of the new system will also be at the event.

Although the press release confirms a 2012 release, due to the sales of this new system not being included in the recently published financial forecasts of this fiscal year, it may be speculated that this console will not be released before April 2012; although this has yet to be confirmed.

Nintendo's current console, the Wii, has sold more than 86.01 million units since its worldwide launch in 2006.

Personally,im excited!What are your thoughts about this?

Great I got a Original Nintendo Wii last Christmas and now it's going to get phased out by a newer model that probably isn't even backwards compatible with the Original Wii, thanks alot Nintendo... -___-

So If I want to play Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 I have to get the Wii 2 which is going to cost even more money, seriously why the heck couldn't you stick with the Original Wii? Because most Fighting Games don't support it?

Is that why I have to get a PlayStation 3 just to play those games? That's bullcrap!

This isn't going to be out in Japan until after April 2012, I think they'd have to make PBR 2 for Wii before the launch of the "Stream"

I cant believe I made a thread about this before checking out this one first XD
Touch screen in the controllers?Well,that seems too...weird,and the spectaculated prize is...GOD O_O

However,im looking forward to it...I just hope is less expensive than the 3DS here in México (I doubt it,though)

Card Slinger J said:
Great I got a Original Nintendo Wii last Christmas and now it's going to get phased out by a newer model that probably isn't even backwards compatible with the original Wii, thanks alot Nintendo... -___-

I'm not going to say it's definitely true, but the rumors before the official announcement stated that there would be backwards compatibility with the Wii, and some of them even said GameCube (can't exactly put a 1GB+ file on VC, now can you?). I'm a bit doubtful about the GameCube, but I would bet everything that the successor will be compatible with the Wii. It's happened with almost every console/handheld since GB Color:

> means this was compatible with that

GB Color > GB

GBA > GB Color and GB

DS > GBA (not really completely intentional for that use, but that's what it was)

Wii > GameCube + VC

3DS > DS + VC

And of course, some weren't backwards compatible since the GB Color... though one was early, and the others were offshoots:

GameCube ≠ N64 (quite naturally, but I have to mention it for my example)

GB Micro ≠ GB Color or GB

DSi ≠ GBA

Edit @below: I know, I meant that if they chose to opt for VC instead of actual disc compatibility, it would be mighty hard.

Card Slinger J said:
Great I got a Original Nintendo Wii last Christmas and now it's going to get phased out by a newer model that probably isn't even backwards compatible with the Original Wii, thanks alot Nintendo... -___-

So If I want to play Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 I have to get the Wii 2 which is going to cost even more money, seriously why the heck couldn't you stick with the Original Wii? Because most Fighting Games don't support it?

Is that why I have to get a PlayStation 3 just to play those games? That's bullcrap!

Yes blame Nintendo for making an entire new console to replace their current gen system with last gen tech. You can also blame them for wanting to make more money by making a new console that you aren't forced to buy. holy god people are amazing these days

Also Chariblaze GCN backwards compatibility means that your GCN discs will work with the Super Wii, it certainly won't be VC.

I can't wait to see this console. Hopefully it looks great, preforms great, and there's some good launch titles. I am fine with the name "Stream", it's better than "Wii".

Considering the console supposedly outperforms the PS3, I'm actually surprised about how cheap the speculated price is, for a launch price I'd expect something more like 600+ if Nintendo wanted a viable profit gain, though on the other hand the parts in the console itself can be purchased cheap from third parties even if they're incredibly high-powered and relatively expensive to make, which I'm sure Nintendo do based on their actions with the 3DS. The controllers on the other hand I think will be much more of a dilemma. IGN (while I don't consider them in any way a viable news source) specualted the cost of the controllers to be a whopping $25 per unit, more than quadruple the Wii's $6 per controller, and considering the price tag on a Wii remote is $40, even if they priced the controllers at $80 plus it'd still be less profitable; I'd imagine the console's sales might be produced primarily by early-adopters because of it…unless you're on a strict diet of single-player.

All business aside though, I'm amazed at what's been being said about the console, even if the web is exaggerating the facts as it always seems to do with this kind of information. If the specs supposedly leaked are correct, I think Nintendo has set a course for returning to its conservative ways of the Gamecube, which was an emphasis on tech/power-improvement rather than strictly innovation as was the case with the Wii. That being said I'm sure Nintendo has a characteristic trick or two up its sleeve, even if all this sounds overly fantastical and quixotic. Perhaps the controller could turn into the next-gen handheld, haha! If they can make the touch screen work seamlessly in multiplayer and stream media from the console without resolution distortion (i.e. having it in 720p), console gaming could potentially be changed forever, at least in that realm. And that's not coming from the fan in me either :).

The name doesn't concern me, though it does have a sort of……gaming hipster appeal maybe – meaning it sounds like "Steam," haha :D. I think the name "Wii," even with all its, er, implications, was very iconic, symbolizing both a console and a social/gaming movement (no pun intended), so I hope whatever the actual name of this successor turns out to be can resonate similarly with the public and popular culture.

Edit: Not to veer off topic, but to those talking about the supposed "PBR 2," Satoru Iwata has confirmed Pokémon games being in development currently for the Wii and 3DS, so if unless Genius Sonority lobbied for Nintendo to make DS/Stream connectivity (i.e. for Black and White) or another developer picked up the rights to the series, it's likely such a game will be released long before the Stream becomes a mainstream system. Either way, exciting stuff!

http://wiihdrumors.com/we%e2%80%99re-not-afraid-of-a-little-coffee-stain-says-sony-employee/

SHOOTS GONNA GO DOWNNNNN

Also,

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7929911.pdf

CARTRIDGES, MULTIPLE GAMES ON ONE CARTRIDGE, F-ZERO, MARIO KART, CONFIRMED FOR Wii 2

Back