Wii 2 "Stream"

TheGuy

Member since '09
The Wii 2 is coming, according to IGN. Codename "Cafe" With the possible name "Stream"

http://gear.ign.com/articles/116/1163325p1.html

According to this, each controller will have a touch screen and they'll be able to stream things to each controller. It sounds really amazing, check it out.

Eh... Thats seems too... complex for nintendo.

It actually seems rather stupid.

I would be happy with just a Wii revamp with BETTER GRAPHICs.

Yeah I would be more happy with like a normal wiimote (maybe thicker), but with the whole top a touchscreen. That would be sweet. You could add any buttons you like, type with it, watch videos, etc.

Well even though there is a link, that doesn't mean its confirmed.
However IGN IS a pretty reliable source. But I'm still not convinced.

I think that this'll be a hot topic at E3 this year, that's probably when Nintendo will reveal it. I think that it is a pretty good idea, but controllers are going to cost a lot.

Yeah, this console will indeed be very expensive. From what analysts say, it will most likely be 350-400 dollars.

If it doesn't have graphics up to PS3 and Xbox 360's standards, I'm not buying. I might, however, reconsider if some of the games look pretty cool.

TheDarkLucario said:
If it doesn't have graphics up to PS3 and Xbox 360's standards, I'm not buying. I might, however, reconsider if some of the games look pretty cool.

It runs the 360 CPU, from what the article said. I'm looking forward to it, provided there's a new Zelda game for it.

I'm definitely not liking that predicted price tag...or that rumored name "Stream" either. >_> The ideas sound like they could be implemented well, and I do have faith in Nintendo. It sounds like the controllers could be Nintendo 3DS lol.

dmaster out.

First of all, this is confirmed. Miyamoto acknowledged it, and has told us to remain patient. Second the CPU and GPU are like 4-8 times stronger than PS360s, so it'll be a noticeable jump (which is why it is the size of the original Xbox and the 350-400 price tag). Third its named Stream ecause of its ability to stream HD games to the controller, so the name is fitting and sounds kinda nice. Also Miyamoto (someone else) has said that the 3DS will also serve as an optional controller. So far this is looking out to be great.

I'm looking forward to the 8th gen of gaming :V

Links plox. :)

Just so I can read it for myself because I didn't see any of that in the OP (besides the name mention and the price tag).

dmaster out.

I followed that up by looking at it. All I can find here are mockups, pictures even the site owner thinks are fake, and a "link to the official announcement on the official nintendo site" that goes to a google doc that doesn't even have the seal of Nintendo, let alone a signature or SOMETHING.

I have not been able to find a single thing that links back to an official source. :|

It's a press release bro

also, those are mockups of what the thing is predicted to liook like. no one ever said those were confirmed controllers/system

oh another thing. if its on the official nintendo site i'm pretty sure it's confirmed. along with the project cafe stuff from warioworld.com.

Back